Interest Check: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Started by Togashi, January 17, 2013, 07:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Togashi

(Current ratio standings: 6 Male / 4 Female)

"Duel Academy Online, the brand new virtual world dedicated to Dueling. Supposedly set in the world of monsters that the Duel Monsters come from, characters will be able to encounter countless people from around the globe, as well as their favorite characters from the hit card game. Every adventurer's deck is unique to themselves, allowing each player a unique experience when exploring the world! Join the game, and have some fun!"

This was what the box had said on the back. And after installing the game, with the system needed to play it, you waited patiently for the countdown to hit zero, just like everyone else. Kaiba Corp was broadcasting everything they could about the game, even showing people in game footage of various NPCs and 'combat zones' and such. But as a student at the Duel Academy, you had nothing to worry about, since it was all free. The head master had even said, short of a small handful of classes, most would take place in this world anyway since a few teachers had the ability to 'watch' whatever you did.

When you see the clock hitting ten seconds, you type your log in information, readying to play. Clicking log in, you leave your computer, going to your bed you lay on it and slip the Sensory Input device and goggles on. As they lock into place there's a readout in the goggles before a white light engulfs you. As you look around, you see nothing of yourself, even though you can feel your hands moving. As you lift your hand up to your face you still see nothing, before character creation options appear.

What role will you play?

-------------------------------------------------------
I would prefer people stick to a theme with their deck. You are a student at the Duel Academy. With that said if Synchro monsters are going to be used, please insure it's theme appropriate to your deck. I'm not going to allow XYZ cards.

If you have an idea for an original card, you need to run it by me to get it approved. This means adding cards to an existing archetype, or even making up original ones yourself. I'll allow them but run them by me. This also goes for cards in the manga/anime that haven't been translated/released in card sets in english or what have you. Show me what it does and I'll make a judgement.

Character Thread
Island Thread This is where all RPing outside of the 'virtual world' is done.
Virtual Thread
OOC
-------------------------------------------------------

Name:
Personality:
Background:

Deck

Rules

When in a duel you must have your name, location, and opponent listed in a 'header' followed by your actions. The end of your post should have something like this:

LP: XXXX/X000
Deck: X
Hand: X

Graveyard

Removed from Play

Field:[Empty Slot]

Monster Card Zone:
[Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot]

Spell/Trap Card Zone:
[Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Facedown] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot]

My DICE ID: 39953
(Note: If the roll is not sent TO ME, or in a case where I am your opponent, SILK, you must reroll, no exceptions, not even for me.)

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Togashi

Are you gonna vote for option 1 or option 2?

AidenWhite

Two sounds cooler and different, so I'll go for two.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

apygoos

option 2 here, though im not opposed to option 1

DarkNevaeh

Togashi

So Dark votes we're students at an academy with access to some strange online dueling virtual world. XD

DigitLninja

Yes I am interested, I pick story number 2 over number one... or perhaps this cyber world could be Duel Academy Online?
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Togashi

That might be the name I use for it. XD But so far we seem to have all hands on deck for option 2. I'm more than happy to have that. If we can get some more prospects. Looking for more female characters though. Would be less fun without them. For now though if we get another vote for option 2 I will flesh out the world in greater detail.

Silk

Very interested, If you was also up for it you could even kind of take Season 3 (I think) of Yu-gi-oh GX where the academy gets taken to a different reality by Yubel. If that was of interest

Togashi

i'll have to take your word for it. I'm somewhere in season 2

Silk

Togashi

Oh believe me you're not spoiling anything Silk. ^.^ Well I guess we have enough votes for now. I'll flesh out the world and edit the first page when I'm done.

Togashi

Alright. Edited the first post to include basic character sheets.

Silk

Name: Narumi Karin
Sexual Preferences: Submissive Bi-Curious
Personality:A young energetic girl that due to living in the shadow of her famous sister has had to temper her emotions and grow aloof to protect her sister's image, wanting to become a singer and longing to be able to open up and have friends, but has difficulty trusting others due to people in the past just using her to get closer to her sister.
Background: After both her parent's died in an accident when she was young, Narumi has been under the care of her sister for as long as she can remember, desperate and willing to do anything for her younger sister Hikari Karin had managed to become a famous actor in a short amount of time due to her talents.

Thanks to her older sister's profession and popularity Narumi had little need for anything, she had plenty of money to afford whatever they wanted, but Hikari was rarely around due to the requirement's of her work, this left Narumi on her own the majority of the time, regularly being home schooled, it didn't take long for opportunists to try and take advantage of Narumi's good nature in an attempt to try and get closer to the personal life of Hikari. The resulting event's breaking Narumi's trust in people as a slander story attempted to try and capitalise on her sister risked her image, after a lengthy court case the story was revoked, and Narumi was forced to move to a rural area of Japan so the press would leave her alone.

It was here that Narumi discovered her love for singing, spending many hours of the day on Karaoke machines when she wasn't being schooled. One night Hikari came home for a supprise visit, and instead she was the one supprised as she watched her sister sing, impressed she sat down with her and over many days they spoke on what Narumi would like to do with her talent.

They had finally agreed that the best way for Narumi to become a great singer was to jump-start her career through the popular sport of Duel monsters, since she was coming of age to apply for the Academy, unfortunately Narumi's skill at Duel monsters was a great deal weaker than her ability to sing. It would be a long haul for her to get enough skill at Duel monsters so she would be noticed but then that's what the Academy was for, to teach people how to be professional Duelists.

Current Deck

01White Magician Pikeru
02White Magician Pikeru
03White Magician Pikeru
04Ebon Magician Curran
05Ebon Magician Curran
06Ebon Magician Curran
07Princess Curran
08Princess Curran
09Princess Curran
10Princess Pikeru
11Princess Pikeru
12Princess Pikeru
13Magician's Valkyria
14Magician's Valkyria
15Dark Magician Girl
16Dark Magician Girl
17Fire Princess
18Fire Princess
19Blizzard Princess
20Blizzard Princess
21Trial of the Princesses
22Trial of the Princesses
23Trial of the Princesses
24Hidden Armory
25Hidden Armory
26Malevolent Nuzzler
27Malevolent Nuzzler
28 Burden of the Mighty
29Burden of the Mighty
30Mystical space Typhoon
31A Rival Appears!
32A Rival Appears!
33Pikeru's Second Sight
34Pikeru's Second Sight
35Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment
36Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment
37Magician's Circle
38Magician's Circle
39 Magic Cylinder
40Mirror force

Future Deck

01Fortune lady Light
02 Fortune lady Light
03 Fortune lady Light
04 Fortune lady Dark
05 Fortune lady Dark
06 Fortune lady Dark
07 Fortune lady Water
08 Fortune lady Water
09 Fortune lady Water
10 Fortune lady Fire
11 Fortune lady Fire
12 Fortune lady Wind
13 Fortune lady Wind
14 Fortune lady Earth
15 Fortune lady Earth
16 Rai-Mei   
17 Catoblepas and the Witch of Fate
18 Kinka-byo
19 Dimensional Alchemist
20 Solitaire Magician
21 Future Visions
22 Future Visions
23 Future Visions
24 Fortune's Future
25 Fortune's Future
26 Allure of Darkness
27 Different Dimension Gate
28 Different Dimension Gate
29 Magical Blast
30 Mystical space Typhoon
31 Mystical space Typhoon
32 Magical Dimension
33 Magical Dimension
34 Return from a different dimension
35 Compulsory evacuation device
36 Compulsory evacuation device
37 Mirror Force
38 Inherited fortune
39 Slip of fortune
40 Slip of fortune
41 Torrential tribute
42 Magic Cylinder   

DigitLninja

I am going to ask right now, anyone upset if I use Brain Control?
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Orochimaru

I suppose I could put my foot in the door. Assuming no one has a problem with me joinin?

Togashi

I'm not stopping recruiting but we need more females. ^.^ Or people playing females. ^.^

Orochimaru

Lightshock16

I'm interested but I only play Male ^^;

EDIT: WIP Form:

Name: Mark Terrazi

Sexual Preferences: Straight

Personality: Mark is usually a pretty happy person. he's fun-loving, and also one to enjoy life to its fullest, and always do things for entertainment. Sometimes though, particularly when he's down, he can be pretty cold, and sometimes even cruel and unkind, even though he usually doesnt mean what he says. He has a very big heart, and after The Tragedies of losing his Family, will often put his Life on the line to defend those he care's for. He can though, have a temper problem at times, and it's usually better to stay away from him if he's angry. When it comes to Duel Monsters, Mark loses any form of Distraction, and focuses on the task at hand.

Background: Mark is a young Man who hails from the United Kingdom. He's been Dueling Ever Since He was 10 year's old, and became Very Fond of using Warrior-type monster's, as he is also a big fan of Warrior Action Movies and Fantasy RPG Computer Games. He currently live's in a small Apartment in Reading England, Currently Working in Retail. He plan's to go to University, but Decided to Sign up for this Duel Academy Program, Not only because of his love for the game, but also to see If He could use this to find out what he wanted to do in Life.

His Skill Is Relatively Average, but He's won a few Local Tournament's here and there, But while he does get serious in Duel's, He usually doesn't take it too hard If He is Defeated.

Deck - Sword Arts

01. Armed Samurai - Ben Kei
02. Command Knight
03. Command Knight
04. Command Knight
05. D.D Warrior Lady
06. D.D Warrior Lady
07. D.D Warrior Lady
08. Destiny Hero - Defender
09. Destiny Hero - Defender
10. Exiled Force
11. Exiled Force
12. Freed The Matchless General
13. Gilford The Legend
14. Gilford The Lightning
15. Marauding Captain
16. Marauding Captain
17. Marauding Captain
18. Mataza The Zapper
19. Noble Knight Joan
20. Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight
21. Sword Hunter
22. Valkyrie Knight
23. Valkyrie Knight
24. Warrior Lady of the Wasteland
25. Warrior Lady of the Wasteland
26. Axe of Despair
27. Fusion Sword Murasame Blade
28. Fusion Sword Murasame Blade
29. Lightning Blade
30. Mage Power
31. Mage Power
32. MegaMorph
33. Reinforcement of the Army
34. Ribbon of Rebirth
35. The A. Forces
36. The Warrior Returning Alive
37. The Warrior Returning Alive
38. United We Stand
39. United We Stand
40. Call of the Haunted
41. Call of the Haunted
42. Desperate Tag
43. MetalMorph
44. Mirror Force
45. Mirror Force

ZameRagues

WIP

Name: Zame Ragues
Sexual Preferences: Straight
Personality:
Background:

Banished Darkness

01 Damage Eater
02 Damage Eater
03 Damage Eater
04 Dark Crusader
05 Dark Crusader
06 Dark Crusader
07 Dark Hunter
08 Dark Hunter
09 Dark Hunter
10 Necro Gardna
11 Necro Gardna
12 Necro Gardna
13 Phantom of Chaos
14 Phantom of Chaos
15 Pitch-Black Warwolf
16 Pitch-Black Warwolf
17 Dark Grepher
18 Dark Grepher
19 The Dark Creator
20 Dark Armed Dragon
21 Chaos Hunter
22 Dark Voltanis
23 Dark Nephthys
24 Darklord Zerato
25 Rainbow Dark Dragon
26 Monster Reborn
27 Monster Reincarnation*
28 Burial from a Different Dimension
29 Veil of Darkness
30 Veil of Darkness
31 Allure of Darkness
32 Pot of Duality
33 Pot of Duality
34 Card Destruction*
35 Dark Illusion
36 Dark Illusion
37 Defense Draw
38 Defense Draw
39 Rainbow Life
40 Rainbow Life
41 Escape from the Dark Dimension
42 Escape from the Dark Dimension
43 Raigeki Break
44 Raigeki Break
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

AidenWhite

Yeah, getting females in games like these is kind of hard. I could make a character whom is asexual and his only desire is to become the greatest duelist in the world.

I've got a character idea going but I need time on the deck so...

*reserved*

^^

Togashi

Well I'm not demanding more, but it would be nice to have a higher female to male ratio. Right now we have like 2f/3m if we're counting just female characters. Always fun though.

Orochimaru

Until something changes within the next 24 hours or so. I'll stick to what we talked about Togashi. Fair enough man?

Togashi

Assuming you removed the card I disallowed, then yeah that's just fine. But you can play any kind of character you want Oro.

Orochimaru

As I said, the card swap was perfectly fine.

Work in progress and subject to change.
Name:Charleena “Blaze” Harison
Sexual Preferences:Bi-sexual
Personality: Her looks do not show the fact that she is a bit foul mouthed, wild and can be pretty ill tempered and at times ill mannered too. It's these bits about her hide the fact she can be very clever, cunning and absolutely dangerous. She does love anime and manga along side violence and bloodshed. She shows little shame in how she is.
Background:Charleena is the daughter of a gunsmith and gun store owner located in Manhattan, New York. At a young age, to make sure she did not end up being touched by the darkness of the profession or the secret deals her father makes. He got her started with a dueling deck. Her first deck was a fire-based burn deck which her friends soon gave her the nickname Blaze. It stuck, but that did not help her when it came to watching anime as she soon found her way into dark, twisted and bloody animes in her teen years. She soon started her own research as she attended high school into gunsmithing at a hellbent pace. She even started to collect and perfect her fire deck, making into a gun themed Volcanic deck.

This eventually lead her to mingle with some of the local gangs and the finding out of some of the dark deals her father had been making. Unfortunately, before she would dwell into the darkness from the twilight only a year after she graduated from High School; her father, upon finding out of her activities shipped her off and by force to duel Academy.

Her skills as a duelist is very good and takes great sadistic pleasure in burning and destroying her opponent. She takes loosing very hard and is hell bent on settling the score. One way or another.

Volcanic Gunfire

01 Royal Firestorm Guards
02 Royal Firestorm Guards
03 Solar Flare Dragon
04 Solar Flare Dragon
05 Summoner Monk
06 Summoner Monk
07 Volcanic Blaster
08 Volcanic Counter
09 Volcanic Counter
10 Volcanic Doomfire
11 Volcanic Rocket
12 Volcanic Rocket
13 Volcanic Rocket
14 Volcanic Scattershot
15 Volcanic Scattershot
16 Volcanic Scattershot
17 Volcanic Shell
18 Volcanic Shell
19 Volcanic Shell
20 Volcanic Slicer
21 Volcanic Slicer
22 Blaze Accelerator
23 Blaze Accelerator
24 Dark Hole
25 Gold Sarcophagus
26 Gold Sarcophagus
27 Gold Sarcophagus
28 Heavy Storm
29 Messenger of Peace
30 Messenger of Peace
31 Monster Reborn
32 Mystical Space Typhoon
33 Mystical Space Typhoon
34 Pot of Avarice
35 Pot of Duality
36 Pot of Duality
37 Tri-Blaze Accelerator
38 Royal Decree
39 Royal Decree
40 Royal Decree

Togashi

If anyone knows someone that would be interested in this, please don't hesitate to pass this on. Silk, I think I'm gonna steal your dueling system of roll 1dx and that's what you draw. That being said, if anyone else has a suggestion that works let me know, I'm listening.

AidenWhite

There was some talk in the last game and the one Silk started about Critical Draw or something like that when certain conditions had to be met and you rolled your die in a different way, that sort of thing.

Are we implementing this system into this game? I have no idea how it might work beyond what I just wrote because I've never had the chance to do so.

Togashi

My understanding was with the Red eyes/blue eyes one was once per duel, when you were losing, you could forgoe drawing normally to draw 1 of five cards of your choice as a Destiny Draw. But that's my own understanding. Silk's game I'm not sure about, and with this one I don't know if we're gonna do that or not, but I'll consider it.

AidenWhite

It was only talked about in Silk's game. It was never implemented.

Silk

The Destiny draw system was effectively you had 5 "Gamechanger" cards from your deck listed in addition to the deck list, if either you were below 2000 LP or if your opponent was 4000 LP Higher than you, then you could call in your destiny draw in a last ditch attempt to change the game around. Using my deck for an example.
Deck
01Fortune lady Light
02 Fortune lady Light
03 Fortune lady Light
04 Fortune lady Dark
05 Fortune lady Dark
06 Fortune lady Dark
07 Fortune lady Water
08 Fortune lady Water
09 Fortune lady Water
10 Fortune lady Fire
11 Fortune lady Fire
12 Fortune lady Wind
13 Fortune lady Wind
14 Fortune lady Earth
15 Fortune lady Earth
16 Rai-Mei   
17 Catoblepas and the Witch of Fate
18 Kinka-byo
19 Dimensional Alchemist
20 Solitaire Magician
21 Future Visions
22 Future Visions
23 Future Visions
24 Fortune's Future
25 Fortune's Future
26 Allure of Darkness
27 Different Dimension Gate
28 Different Dimension Gate
29 Magical Blast
30 Mystical space Typhoon
31 Mystical space Typhoon
32 Magical Dimension
33 Magical Dimension
34 Return from a different dimension
35 Compulsory evacuation device
36 Compulsory evacuation device
37 Mirror Force
38 Inherited fortune
39 Slip of fortune
40 Slip of fortune
41 Torrential tribute
42 Magic Cylinder   
Destiny draw

1~41 Torrential tribute
2~37 Mirror Force
3~23 Future Visions
4~17 Catoblepas and the Witch of Fate
5~02 Fortune lady Light

If I destiny draw and get 1~41 Torrential tribute then it takes it out of my deck pool as normal, if the card has already been drawn, then you get to reroll as normal until I roll a number I haven't drawn yet (Or if you got copy of the cards like 5~02 Fortune lady Light  you might allow for them to pick a copy of that card that hasn't been drawn yet so have it like 5~(01~03) Fortune lady Light

Besides that the system was hardly my creation <3 a lot more credit goes to Orochimaru which I based it off originally and I just made tweaks :)

Togashi

Oh. Okay then. We can do that then. ^.^

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Togashi

Sorry ninja. Uh, I can't think of any reason not to allow it. Not sure why it's on the ban list anyway, doesn't seem 'too powerful' and such.

Silk

It was banned due to a exploit with some deck's in pro tornaments, thats about it really.

Lightshock16

Just gonna ask did My Deck look okay?

Silk

Not really spotting anything off with it light.

looks like were currently at 2 girls 2 guys (3 if you include togashi) anyone else know people interested?

Orochimaru

Quote from: Silk on January 19, 2013, 05:29:32 AM
Besides that the system was hardly my creation <3 a lot more credit goes to Orochimaru which I based it off originally and I just made tweaks :)

Actually, my system was using TCG players solitaire mode to randomize the cards. However, it was you or someone else...hyena I believe, could be very wrong though... Though, this was a long time ago. @_@ You had a hand is a lot of the game and for the better too. Unless I am talking out of my ass and I did create it. Absolutely no objections to what you did Silk.

Just to throw it out there. there is always the use of dueling network that could be used too. Just throwing it out there, but using the dice would be fine with me.

Silk

Oh maybe it was Hyena, either way I just used someone elses system and tweaked it :)

Orochimaru

That you did and you made it work. ^^

Silk

Wouldn't say that :) Game's haven't lasted long enough to really tell, Yugioh games have a horrible habit of dying early :(

Orochimaru

A valid point, but I have seen your handiwork and RPed with you from time to time. Though should account for something. Sides, if we all sick around and our GM does too. We should be able to make this last.

Lightshock16

I always seem to slip in and out of my interest in Yu-Gi-Oh...I'll try not to let it slip this time ^^;

Togashi

Well light, thanks for that.

As for your deck it looks fine, but I'm not sure where Destiny Hero Defender comes in on your theme of sword arts. I'm not saying you can't have him but I'm not seeing where he's part of this group of swordsmen.

Lightshock16

Lol Defender I think is More Just for Defensive Purposes...Although maybe Big Shield Gardna would be a more Viable and more related Option for that...

Orochimaru

The only problem with Gardna is the fact of, after an attack it switches to attack. Leaving you wide open. D-Hero Defender provides excellent defense and does not switch to attack due to it;s effect. effectively saving your ass in several situations.

Lightshock16

That's why I went for Defender over Gardna. Gardna probably would fit in with the Sword Art's Theme, but Defender is Still a Warrior-type, and that's the Main Theme of the Deck, so I'll stick with Defender.

ShadowFox89

I would be interested, and would like to see if I can adapt an old character from a game that didn't exactly go anywhere.... Deck theme is sovereign and knights.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Rune (same name online and offline)
Personality: Rune has a laid back, go with the flow personality. It is hard to get her angry or upset, she just shrugs off most things. Because of this generally carefree attitude, she hasn't done well in dueling, playing mostly as an amateur. When she does get serious, it usually doesn't last long.
Backstory: Rune is an only child, her father a Sector Security chief and her mother the head of R&D for a company that makes dueling devices. She didn't have many friends growing up, spending most of her time in study or learning something. Rune spent a good deal of time learning to duel, playing more for the fun than for the glory. Her mother being the head of R&D, Rune got to see experimental stuff before it hit market, and would often experiment with building her own duel disk, such as the one she currently uses. Before coming to Duel Academy, Rune studied to become a member of Sector Security.
Ons:
Offs: Bodily waste, injury
In Character Kinks:
Appearance: Rune is tall, with a slim build and small chest, her hair a wild green. Her hawklike eyes are dark red. Rune wears a black jacket with a underneath that red t-shirt. She wears a pair of blue jeans held up by a brown belt, her deck hanging off to the side and out of the way. On her left arm, Rune wears her silver and blue duel disk. She is very cheery and bright, always looking at the good side. Still, Rune can get serious, it's just a rare thing. Despite her attitude, Rune is fairly intelligent and can speak several languages, as well as having a bit of knowledge about dueling technology.

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Silk

ok were sitting at 2 males 3 females now, :)

AidenWhite

I'm almost done with my CS. Should be up later today.

Lightshock16

My Sheet's done, although I'm thinking of changing the picture. lol

Togashi

Post your characters here.

The next thing I want to discuss, is I think we're going to go with the 4k life point meter. Are there any objections to this?

ShadowFox89

Yeah. It makes burn decks that much more powerful.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Silk

Personally think setting it to the two players discretion at the start of duels (defactoing to 8000 since that's what the game is designed to be around)

DigitLninja

Well so much for that, been working on this all day only to find out there's a new thread for characters.
Quotes to Live by:

Togashi

Nothing stops you from posting them here, ninja. All that's going in the character thread are the characters themselves but okay...

Orochimaru

I'll put my character up when I think of a back story. =/

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Lightshock16

Just want to check something since someone accused me of Cheating over it: When D.D Warrior Lady battles, do you HAVE to activate it's effect or can you choose whether to or not (like say if D.D Actually win's the battle).

Orochimaru

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 19, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
Just want to check something since someone accused me of Cheating over it: When D.D Warrior Lady battles, do you HAVE to activate it's effect or can you choose whether to or not (like say if D.D Actually win's the battle).

You can choose to activate it. If D.D. looses the battle, you still can activate it if you want. Same for if she wins in battle.

Lightshock16

EXACTLY. Thank you very much. Knew I was right. >_>

Orochimaru

At least my card game knowledge proves useful at times. lol You can also activate it if she was facedown and was flipped face up.

Lightshock16

Yeah.  Basically I'd destroyed one of his Blackwing monster's, and he was like 'Banish it', and I said I didn't want to Banish it and he was all 'No it doesn't work like that Cheater'. Dumbass. lol

Orochimaru

The only D.D. Warrior where you have no choice is D.D. Warrior.

Still, there you go.

ZameRagues

It's a choice to banish her, the key word in the text is "can".
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Togashi

We just need Apygoos, Aiden, and Dark  to post their characters and we can get started. I'm still constructing my own deck. Now I would love to know what you guys think. Should we go all out and have everyone stuck in the virtual world, like SAO, or would you prefer to be able to leave and explore the academy?

ShadowFox89

I'm going to be reworking a bit on my character's deck, and since this isn't set at the duel academy she'll need to be mod'd a bit....

Togashi, would it be possible to have Rune's mother be a top developer at Kaiba corporation?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Togashi

That's fine shadow, but I don't see why it's not at the academy. The idea is that everyone is a student at either THE duel academy or A duel academy. The place was fitted, in each bedroom, with a virtual reality hook up to a computer. The thought is that if we're not stuck in the virtual world, like Sword Art Online, then characters would often be forced to leave the virtual world to attend class of some kind.

ShadowFox89

Ooooh, okay. My bad. :P

So all she needs is a deck rewrite, since that deck was made in a game where xyz-cards were banned, and gem-knight relies on xyz-cards for power.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Silk

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 20, 2013, 05:36:52 PM
Ooooh, okay. My bad. :P

So all she needs is a deck rewrite, since that deck was made in a game where xyz-cards were banned, and gem-knight relies on xyz-cards for power.

I would prefer people stick to a theme with their deck. You are a student at the Duel Academy. With that said if Synchro monsters are going to be used, please insure it's theme appropriate to your deck. I'm not going to allow XYZ cards.

still the case here huni :)

apygoos

whats the current male to female count? that way i know which character/deck to go with.
though, I may likely go with Janelle either way.

Silk

Currently sitting at 3 females: 2 males for completed character sheets. Others still to come but don't know their genders yet.

Lightshock16

Had a few game's on DN with my Sword Arts Deck. It work's well-ish, and probably will be good for a Student Deck in the RP. can't wait :D

Togashi

I'll ask again... Should we go all out and have everyone stuck in the virtual world, like SAO, or would you prefer to be able to leave and explore the academy?

So Option 1: Everyone is stuck in the virtual world.

Option 2: Students can come and go from the virtual world as they please, but will be required to attend classes outside of the virtual world.

Orochimaru

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 20, 2013, 06:22:42 PM
Had a few game's on DN with my Sword Arts Deck. It work's well-ish, and probably will be good for a Student Deck in the RP. can't wait :D

Then you and I should duel. >=3

Tog: Option 2 is more appealing, but couldn't there be a section where they all do get trapped in the virtual world?

Lightshock16

Quote from: Orochimaru on January 20, 2013, 06:28:09 PM
Then you and I should duel. >=3

Haha bring it lol.

Erm Option 2 sound's better. :)

Orochimaru

light:being casual. If ya ever want to duel. My name on DN is Ryo5772

AidenWhite

I'm getting all my my posts done today so my CS will be up

Orochimaru

Well, that duel was fun. Light almost had me.

Lenore

This seems like something I'd be interested in. Is it only human human interaction, or would it involve a variety? Also what's the current gender count?

Togashi

Currently sitting at 3 females: 2 males for completed character sheets. Apygoos, Aiden, and I think 1 more person haven't put up their characters, nor have I. It would be human to human when OUT of the virtual world. But in the virtual world you could be a furry, human, elf, orc, whatever. Up to you really, because it's a fantasy world.

ShadowFox89

Togashi, should I post Rune in the character sheet area?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Togashi

AidenWhite

Might've gone a little overboard with the character creation, he he...
EDIT: It seems as if I should've posted on the character creation thread instead of this one...

Appearance

Name: Ryuk Yagami

Sexual Preferences: Dominant straight

Personality: Ryuk is as young and ambitious as they come. Always vying for top-tier dueling, he challenges himself by dueling the best. Ryuk believes that dueling is for fun and that every duelist is a potential friend. While he might seem aloof and innocent outside important duels, during these important rules, his personality does a complete turn around as he becomes more ruthless, cold and calculating. During these periods, he does not take mercy on his foes and thus those foes usually end up at a nearby hospital.

Background: Born to a Swedish mother and a Japanese father in Hiroshima, Japan, Ryuk picked up the hobby of dueling at the tender age of 5, when his uncle on his father's side, Izayoi, came to babysit and handed him a starter deck to pass the time and to duel him. After a rough struggle, in this 4000 LP duel, Izayoi managed to win only by 300 LP. His uncle could not believe that Ryuk was able to compete at the level he was at because Izayoi was an accomplished duelist. To this, Ryuk just pointed at the air next to his uncle and told him, "Your monsters were helping me pick which cards to play." At this point Izayoi's eyes went wide and he could not believe that Ryuk could see duel spirits.

However, when his parents found out about this gift of his and the fact that he brought dueling to him, they forbid Ryuk from dueling and he did not touch a deck until he was 13 and he ran away from home. He took shelter at his uncle's apartment in Tokyo where he continued to duel but also agreed as part of a deal to continue going to school. Between school and his friends, he had opportunities to going into city tournaments, but his uncle told Ryuk to avoid going to those because there was the risk that his parents would find where he was. Ryuk understood this and took precautions, wearing a mask and a cloak while dueling under the name of "Zero." Under the visage of "Zero," Ryuk went around Japan from city to city winning tournaments and using the money for both him and his Izayou's well-being.

A week after graduating high school, Izayoi got wind of some news that Ryuk's parents found out where he was with the help of a private detective. Ryuk dismissed this, seeing as there was no way that they could be found because they were not even using their real names and also paying everything in cash as to not leave trails. They were also moving from apartment to apartment every other week. Izayoi thought that he might be right  and dismissed it as well. The next day, a knock came at the door and Izayoi looked though the peep hole and saw Ryuk's parents. Quickly rushing to the room that Ryuk was in, his uncle stirred him from his sleep and start emptying Ryuk's drawers into a bag. He handed him an envelope with several tickets and a deck with a note, along with the bag, and told him to go to the train that was on the ticket and to leave through the back. Ryuk did so and quickly hurried toward the train.

Once on the bullet train, he opened the note and read it. Apparently, Izayoi planned to have him go to a sort of Duel Academy to get even better at dueling and that he spent months preparing for the both of them to go. But it seems there was only enough money left from the last tournament for my tickets, so he just bought them for me. Izayoi also wrote that he would follow him once he got the money. Ryuk then took the deck and went through it, getting familiar with the spirits. Then, he looked up at the roof of the speeding train and wondered about all the strong duelists he would face and the challenges he would have to defeat.

Kodomo Special!

• Dread Dragon
  • Dread Dragon
  • Kodomo Dragon
  • Kodomo Dragon
  • Kodomo Dragon
  • Influence Dragon
  • Influence Dragon
  • Debris Dragon
  • Collapsarpent the Ebony Dragon
  • Collapsarpent the Ebony Dragon
  • Wyburstar the Ivory Dragon
  • Wyburstar the Ivory Dragon
  • Eclipse Wyvern
  • Eclipse Wyvern
  • Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon (Not kidding about the name)
  • Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon
  • Armed Dragon LV 5
  • Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
  • Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
  • Lightpulsar Dragon
  • Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
  • Rabidragon
  • Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
  • White Night Dragon
  • Tyrant Dragon
  • Van'Dalgyon The Dark Dragon Lord
  • Light and Darkness Dragon
  • Light and Darkness Dragon
  • Judgement Dragon
  • Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
  • Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
  • Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
  • Solar Recharge
  • Heavy Storm
  • Mystical Space Typhoon
  • Mystical Space Typhoon
  • Dark Hole
  • Monster Reborn
  • Charge of the Light Brigade
  • Glorious Illusion
  • Glorious Illusion
  • Mirror Force
  • Mirror Force
  • Bottomless Trap Hole
  • Bottomless Trap Hole
  • Solemn Judgement
Extra Deck!

Ally of Justice Catasor x 2
Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x 2
Stardust Dragon
Scrap Dragon x 2
Red Dragon Archfiend x2
Exploder Dragonwing
Light End Dragon
Dark End Dragon
Mist Wurm
Black Rose Dragon
Gravity Warrior

Togashi

Aiden, I have to do some trimming here.

Wind-up Arsenal Zenmaioh
Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
Number 61: Volcasaurus
Armor Kappa
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
Number 25: Force Focus
Photon Striker Bounzer
Enthusiastic Coaching King Giantrainer
Neo-Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon
Number 40: Gimmick Puppet of Strings

These are XYZ monsters. And I'm not allowing XYZ monsters in this game.

DigitLninja

Option 2 leading into option 1 seems good.
Quotes to Live by:

Silk

We could steal a concept from .hack where it's largely VR, but a Virus happens resulting in the brainwave patterns of the players becoming disjointed resulting in their physical selves falling into a coma while their consciousness becomes part of the game.

AidenWhite

Quote from: Togashi on January 21, 2013, 01:48:07 AM
Aiden, I have to do some trimming here.

Wind-up Arsenal Zenmaioh
Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
Number 61: Volcasaurus
Armor Kappa
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
Number 25: Force Focus
Photon Striker Bounzer
Enthusiastic Coaching King Giantrainer
Neo-Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon
Number 40: Gimmick Puppet of Strings

These are XYZ monsters. And I'm not allowing XYZ monsters in this game.

Alright, no problem. They were to fill up space anyways.

Togashi

Then your character should be fine. Go ahead and throw him over in the character thread.

apygoos

Quote from: Silk on January 21, 2013, 10:45:21 AM
We could steal a concept from .hack where it's largely VR, but a Virus happens resulting in the brainwave patterns of the players becoming disjointed resulting in their physical selves falling into a coma while their consciousness becomes part of the game.
or, you can just go with SAO's concept.
speaking of SAO, Kaiba, Kayaba, a crossover was meant to be!

AidenWhite

Quote from: apygoos on January 21, 2013, 02:59:26 PM
or, you can just go with SAO's concept.
speaking of SAO, Kaiba, Kayaba, a crossover was meant to be!

How did I know someone was going to make that connection... >.>

Togashi

It's about an MMORPG virtual world style. But nobody can log off. The guy who made it sets it up so that nobody can log off unless the game's been beaten, and if you die in the game you die in real life. Your character death tells the virtual system you wear to fry your brain with microwaves. It's a great anime, I loved it.

Orochimaru

Quote from: AidenWhite on January 21, 2013, 03:00:36 PM
How did I know someone was going to make that connection... >.>

Cause we are all nerds here.

apygoos

Togashi

When we have Six players, with completed sheets, I'll be throwing a game thread up for the virtual world, and dorms. I'm working on my deck right now.

Lightshock16

AidenWhite

Should I post my CS on the thread?

kingmaster1

Are you guys still looking for a character? cause I love yugioh and, if you're open, I'd like to jump in :-)

Silk

Pretty sure were still open king so set up a sheet :)

ShadowFox89

Quote from: kingmaster1 on January 21, 2013, 06:59:22 PM
Are you guys still looking for a character? cause I love yugioh and, if you're open, I'd like to jump in :-)

Stalker! You just want to jump in another one of my characters! :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Orochimaru

and I thought I was bad for being a stalker. =P

Silk

Lightshock16

to be fair most of the female character's so far I wouldn't mind jumping into. xD

kingmaster1

Name: Malcolm Tennever

Sexual preferences: O&O's for that :P

Personality: Malcolm tries to be a nice guy as best he can, normally making it so he lets out any frustrations with his deck, a classic "beat em up" deck. He always has the most fun while he's dueling and knows he holds a specific connection with his cards. He is normally a gracious loser and winner, again, nice guy, but every now and then even the best of them have a moment of weakness where they can't take the loss and freak out a bit.

Background: Malcolm didn't start dueling until a later age 13 to be exact, when he found an unopened deck on the stairs of his house and opened it. He didn't know where they came from and didn't question it, but the second he opened the box he felt like a new point in his life had been reached. He laid out the deck and began studying each and every card to the extent he possibly could, learning about almost every combo they could be put in, every spell that worked with them, and each trap that could compliment them.

He was an orphan, living in an orphanage at least with others. His new interest in duel monsters got the rest of the people there into it as well, but little to none of them were even close to his dedication to it.

After that he began looking into more and more things, studying duel monsters became his prefered subject and he dueled any and everyone he could, many losses but even more victories helped him decide on the type of deck he wanted and the one he could use the absolute best. When his wins began outweighing the losses he wanted to find stronger opponents, wanted to continue getting stronger on his own merit.

In his research he found out about a duel academy and began saving some winnings for it. From what he could tell it was full of strong duelists that he could meet and go against. He wanted nothing more than to attend and, after winning his sixth tournament in a row he had enough to enroll and enough to get a train ride there. He packed his deck, said goodbye to the friends he had and went as soon as he could, with hopes of adventure and lots of fun to be had.

Deck:
Monsters:
Jinzo
Elder of the Six Samurai X2
Enishi, Shien's Chancellor
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai X2
Great Shogun Shien
Hand of the Six Samurai
Kagemusha of the Six Samurai X3
Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi
Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki X3
Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan X3
Spirit of the Six Samurai
The Six Samurai - Irou

Spells:
heavy storm
Hammer shot
Graceful dice
gravekeeper's servant
lightning vortex
mystical space typhoon
swords of revealing light
the warrior returning alive
tribute to the doomed
Asceticism of the Six Samurai X2
Dark Hole
Gateway of the Six
Monster Reborn
Reinforcement of the Army
Shien's Dojo X2
Shien's Smoke Signal X2
Six Samurai United X3

Traps:
Blast with chain
bottomless trap hole X2
call of the haunted
Embodiment of apophis
magical cylinder X2
negate attack X3
Sakuretsu armor X3
spellbinding circle
Fiendish Chain X2
Mirror Force X2
Musakani Magatama X2
Solemn Judgment

Okay, if anything needs work, feel free to tell me :-)

And...curses...shadow is onto me >.> <.< >.>

Silk

Bit of a themeless deck isnt it xD

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

kingmaster1

Nah, it's a beatdown deck, mostly centered on attack power and keeping the enemies field empty :-)

Jinzo doesn't normally go with it, but he's one of my favorites and comes in handy quite often ;D

Silk

Only thing is that you may wanna put that deck past Togashi since in OP he said he would prefer themed decks, so just to save any issues later best just get it ok'd <3

Orochimaru

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 21, 2013, 07:48:59 PM
to be fair most of the female character's so far I wouldn't mind jumping into. xD

You'd have to with Charleena. She'd more then likely give ya a swift kick in the nuts. lol

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Orochimaru on January 21, 2013, 08:23:22 PM
You'd have to with Charleena. She'd more then likely give ya a swift kick in the nuts. lol

Rune would take some convincing, even if she is half-french :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gensokian

Eh...I may be game to join up, if ya'll are still accepting. May take me a bit to get something going, but it depends on what your needs are for male/female characters. I also have a few deck ideas, but I want to run an original archetype by Togashi if he's interested in such a thing. If not, good ol' fashioned Gishki are fun to run around with. Would go with Brotherhood of the Fire Fist, but that "no Xyz" rule prevents them from being any good, which is a shame to see that still no one is accepting of the Xyz.

Lightshock16

Quote from: Orochimaru on January 21, 2013, 08:23:22 PM

LMAO suppose we'll have to see~ ;3 lolol

Orochimaru

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 21, 2013, 08:30:38 PM
LMAO suppose we'll have to see~ ;3 lolol

Best prepare those nuts for a good roasting before hand. lol

kingmaster1

I'll pm my character to him and see what he has to say. When themes were mentioned I thought it meant like, a skill drain deck or a beatdown deck, but does it more mean a darkworld deck and a fiend deck? In that case I think mine could be classified as a modded warrior deck at the least.

Either way I'll run it by him and get the opinion :-)

Lightshock16

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Orochimaru on January 21, 2013, 08:33:19 PM
Best prepare those nuts for a good roasting before hand. lol

What if Rune goes for her? ;3
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Orochimaru

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 21, 2013, 08:41:11 PM
What if Rune goes for her? ;3

What is with everyone wanting Charleena?! lol

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Orochimaru on January 21, 2013, 08:42:20 PM
What is with everyone wanting Charleena?! lol

Everyone wants the fiery one :D

Rune is a bit of a flirt and a tease, but she's not going to go further than that unless convinced.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Orochimaru

Go after the want to be a singer in her sisters footsteps. lol

apygoos

images
Name: Janelle Tsunar
Sexual Preferences: Bi. hetero leaning
Personality:fun loving, adventurous, and a total nerd around the right people
Background:Janelle was always an odd one out. In highschool she never got the attention from guys that one might think, instead, she /was/ one of the guys. After getting deep into duel monsters, she found a deck theme that she had a blast with, the Elemental Heroes. She also loved teh spellcasters, but was struggling to make a /legal/ deck. She still had her heroes though, which she stil lkept with her, even in her second year of college.

Deck: Vigilante Strike

01 Woodsman
02 Woodsman
03 Wildheard
04 Wildheart
05 Sparkman
06 Sparkman
07 Stratos
08 Ocean
09 Ocean
10 Neos
11 Neos
12 Avian
13 Burtinatrix
14 Clayman
15 Clayman
16 Necroshade
17 Prisma
19 Bladedge
20 Bladedge
21 Avian
22 Exiled Force
23 Winged Kuriboh
24 King of the Swamp
25 King of the Swamp
26 King of the Swamp
27 Morphing Jar
28 Polymerization
29 Polymerization
30 Polymerization
31 De-Fusion
32 Pot of Avarice
33 MST
34 O- Oversoul
35 Monster Reborn
36 Heavy Storm
37 The Warrior Returning Alive
38 E-Emergency Call
39 E-Emergency Call
40 Miracle Fusion
41 Reinforcement of the army
42 Dark Factory of Mass Production
43 Dark Factory of Mass Production
44 Fifth Hope
45 Magic Cylinder
46 Sakertsu Armor
47 Hero Barrier
48 Hero Signal
49 Hero Signal
50 Negate Attack
51 Mirror Force
52 Mirror Force
53 Solemn Judgment

EXTRA DECK

01 Rampart Blaster
02 Divine Neos
03 DarkBright
04 Thunder giant
05 Shining Flare Wingman
06 Phoenix Enforcer
07 Shining Phoenix Enforcer
08 Plamsa Vice
09 Wildedge
10  Wildedge
11 Wild Wingman
12 Elemental Hero The Shining
13 Flame Wingman
14 Flame Wingman
15 Rainbow Neos

kingmaster1

Do I spy a cross dresser? A trap perhaps?

Orochimaru

If need be, I can make a male character, Togashi.

Togashi

Oro: Your existing character is fine.

Apygoos: I'll need to look at your deck list. If you want to just PM it to me that's fine.

King: It was meant as the darkworld type theme. I don't expect every card to relate to it. And it can have an all around simple theme. Ninja for example went with a 'negate' theme. His cards revolve around negating card effects of all types. Also, trap? Where?

Orochimaru

Quote from: Togashi on January 21, 2013, 10:12:51 PM
Oro: Your existing character is fine.

Apygoos: I'll need to look at your deck list. If you want to just PM it to me that's fine.

King: It was meant as the darkworld type theme. I don't expect every card to relate to it. And it can have an all around simple theme. Ninja for example went with a 'negate' theme. His cards revolve around negating card effects of all types. Also, trap? Where?

Just leaving it out there in case you want to even out the m/f ratio.

kingmaster1

I'm not sure I understand, Togashi...

Do you mean the cards have to be themed, like things that have something specific in them, like a deck full of ninjas or a deck full of dragons and dragon based cards?

Togashi

"Beatdown" is not a deck theme. A theme deck might revolve around one card/set of cards like an archetype, though you are not required to take an archetype. Ninja seems to be the only person that doesn't have an archetype to his deck, and that's because his deck revolves around negating other card abilities.

kingmaster1

So, the theme being negation of other cards? Namely, what the deck is centered around to win in a specific way, yes? Like a deck specifically to remove cards from play and using that for effects that would raise attack or inflict damage. A deck that would  stop the opponent from attacking while using monster effects that inflict damage.

Or, do you mean a theme like, a warrior themed deck that centers around using warrior type monsters with traps and spells that complement that type?

I'm trying to think of what you mean exactly but I can't seem to get it exactly, I'm tired right now so don't hold it against me :-)

apygoos

got the deck list up
for reading ease sake ill repost just the list here:
Note Since its an e-hero deck, i omitted e-hero from most of their names
Deck: Vigilante Strike

01 Woodsman
02 Woodsman
03 Wildheard
04 Wildheart
05 Sparkman
06 Sparkman
07 Stratos
08 Ocean
09 Ocean
10 Neos
11 Neos
12 Avian
13 Burtinatrix
14 Clayman
15 Clayman
16 Necroshade
17 Prisma
19 Bladedge
20 Bladedge
21 Avian
22 Exiled Force
23 Winged Kuriboh
24 King of the Swamp
25 King of the Swamp
26 King of the Swamp
27 Morphing Jar
28 Polymerization
29 Polymerization
30 Polymerization
31 De-Fusion
32 Pot of Avarice
33 MST
34 O- Oversoul
35 Monster Reborn
36 Heavy Storm
37 The Warrior Returning Alive
38 E-Emergency Call
39 E-Emergency Call
40 Miracle Fusion
41 Reinforcement of the army
42 Dark Factory of Mass Production
43 Dark Factory of Mass Production
44 Fifth Hope
45 Magic Cylinder
46 Sakertsu Armor
47 Hero Barrier
48 Hero Signal
49 Hero Signal
50 Negate Attack
51 Mirror Force
52 Mirror Force
53 Solemn Judgment

EXTRA DECK

01 Rampart Blaster
02 Divine Neos
03 DarkBright
04 Thunder giant
05 Shining Flare Wingman
06 Phoenix Enforcer
07 Shining Phoenix Enforcer
08 Plamsa Vice
09 Wildedge
10  Wildedge
11 Wild Wingman
12 Elemental Hero The Shining
13 Flame Wingman
14 Flame Wingman
15 Rainbow Neos

Silk

Quote from: Orochimaru on January 21, 2013, 09:08:09 PM
Go after the want to be a singer in her sisters footsteps. lol

Hey who are you calling a wannabe in sisters footsteps, I'll have you know my sisters a actress not a singer thank you very much!  >:(

Orochimaru

Quote from: Silk on January 22, 2013, 03:48:40 AM
Hey who are you calling a wannabe in sisters footsteps, I'll have you know my sisters a actress not a singer thank you very much!  >:(

Uh...yes ma'am.... Sorry ma'am.....

Orochimaru

To be honest, that's what I get for skim reading and not paying attention. My bad.

DigitLninja

*Footnote: Orochimaru never learned to read, making his Jutsu scrolls absolutely pointless.

**Footnote: This is why he trained Souske directly.
Quotes to Live by:

Togashi

King:

A set of cards of a particular type with spell and trap cards to support that type works, yes. Where as a randomly gathered group of powerful cards, just for the sake of having powerful cards, is not. That being said, you're not limited to just 1 type. Many types go well together such as Spellcaster and Warrior, or Winged Beast and Dragon. With this type of deck, you'll likely have a particular card, or set of cards you're wanting to get out and use to control the flow of the duel.

Ninja's set revolves literally around his cards getting into play to negate his opponent's spell, trap, and monster cards, so it's not a grouping of random stuff. With a deck like this, you have more options of choosing different cards, but the theme of your deck needs to be explained to me.

Apygoos:

Looks good to me. I like the E-Heroes, and actually did consider using them until I found my Harpie deck. ^.^

kingmaster1

Silk

You could always make a Monarch deck, the system pretty much revolves around beatdown+ change

kingmaster1

That's a good point, I might do that...actually

Togashi

The Academy thread is ready and I'll be putting a Virtual Thread up soon. When that's up we'll start the adventure. But for now I must rest. Need sleepy... Which means about this time tomorrow we'll be starting. If not some time before then.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Togashi

Silk

Shall it be the start of a new year so everybody is just moving into their dorms?

Gensokian

Last minute entry, approved by Togashi, so not just hoping to get in just before the start.

Name: Percy Mudo
Sex: Male
Sexual Preference: Straight
Personality: Can be a bit of a hothead, though most of the time, he's calm and relaxed. He tries to be smooth and cool, but that doesn't always work out for him.
Background: Percy was a bit of a nerd while growing up, and was constantly picked on for it. Just because he liked to play with cards didn't mean he had to be bullied, or so he thought. Maybe it was just because everyone else knew he was smarter than them, or something. Either way, it did make him wish that he was cooler than he really was; it seemed that all the other kids had girlfriends, or friends who they could do whatever they wanted with. For that, Percy had to look to the online world, where no one could see his true face; he felt much more secure in the cyber world.

After a couple of years, he found a place that seemed like a way to mix the school experience that he always wanted and the card game that he loved to play. Of course he took that opportunity! Signing up right away, he was ready to be the cool kid that he knew he should've been, and show those bullies that playing Yu-Gi-Oh! wasn't a waste of time.
Fabled
1. Fabled Grimro
2. Fabled Grimro
3. Fabled Grimro
4. Fabled Krus
5. Fabled Krus
6. Fabled Krus
7. Fabled Kushano
8. Fabled Kushano
9. Fabled Lurrie
10. Fabled Lurrie
11. Fabled Solkius
12. The Fabled Catsith
13. The Fabled Catsith
14. The Fabled Cerburrel
15. The Fabled Cerburrel
16. The Fabled Chawa
17. The Fabled Chawa
18. The Fabled Chawa
19. The Fabled Ganashia
20. The Fabled Ganashia
21. The Fabled Nozoochee
22. The Fabled Nozoochee
23. Card Destruction
24. Dark Hole
25. Dark World Dealings
26. Dark World Dealings
27. Heavy Storm
28. Monster Reborn
29. Monster Reincarnation
30. Mystical Space Typhoon
31. Mystical Space Typhoon
32. Beckoning Light
33. Bottomless Trap Hole
34. Bottomless Trap Hole
35. Mind Crush
36. Reckless Greed
37. Reckless Greed
38. Reckless Greed
39. Solemn Warning
40. Solemn Warning

Extra: 1. Fabled Leviathan
2. Fabled Ragin
3. Fabled Ragin
4. Fabled Ragin
5. Fabled Valkyrus
6. Fabled Valkyrus
7. Fabled Valkyrus
8. The Fabled Kudabbi
9. The Fabled Kudabbi
10. The Fabled Unicore
11. The Fabled Unicore
12. The Fabled Unicore

Silk

Orochimaru

*Just woke up*

Digitl: I'mma murder your face one of these days. jk

I'll get my post up after I have woken up a bit and had my can of Dew.

Lightshock16

kingmaster1

Should I fix my deck to fit things before I post?

Silk

Preferably, but as long as you don't duel before it's done I don't see why not

kingmaster1

okay, I'm trying to find a deck that really works for me, leaning towards six samurai...

Orochimaru

Any reference on what dorm Charleena should be?

ShadowFox89

Unless she's rich, anything but Obelisk blue :P

Not sure where Rune would go... Probably blue, but she'd hang out at other dorms.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Silk

It's pretty much player discretion to my knowledge, just put her where you feel she belongs (although if your a first year that pretty much rules out ob blue since your either a rich kid, or so unaturally gifted that you can manage to get there in your first year.

Orochimaru

She is far from rich, but she is smart enough and good enough to just make Ra.... but since she was forced and hardly cares she is here.... Probably Slifer, but I just want some feedback as I am having a bit of a hard time choosin.

Silk

Well it really comes down to the ammount of effort she would've put in since she was forced I would say slifer rather than ra

Lightshock16

I think I'm gonna put Mark in Ra. I dunno, I just feel he belongs there. lol

Orochimaru

Quote from: Silk on January 22, 2013, 02:59:04 PM
Well it really comes down to the ammount of effort she would've put in since she was forced I would say slifer rather than ra

Fair point. Guess we are even. I chose your image. You chose my dorm. =P

kingmaster1

Okay, my deck is now solely Six samurai, better? I modified it in the original

Silk

I don't see an issue, but then it's not my call to make.

Togashi

King: Shadow of the Six Samurai - Shien, is an XYZ monster. It'll have to be removed.

ShadowFox89

Unfortunately, most competitive decks these days use XYZ monsters to some degree. Removing them really fucks over the balance.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Silk

Too be fair shadow, I'm pretty sure Six samurai were highly competitive long before XYZ

kingmaster1

Lightshock16

Hey, Look at My Warrior Deck, It would TOTALLY Benefit from XYZ Monsters, but I'm quite happy not using them. It's not that I don't like XYZ...I just find them a bit wierd. lol

Silk

In a way keeping XYZ out is a way to break the competitiveness of the game and puts a bit more focus on the RP so it's a RP about the Yu-gi-oh universe, not Yu-gi-oh with a bit of RP involved :)

kingmaster1

Well, got that done...Everything else good?

Lightshock16

Quote from: Silk on January 22, 2013, 07:08:48 PM
In a way keeping XYZ out is a way to break the competitiveness of the game and puts a bit more focus on the RP so it's a RP about the Yu-gi-oh universe, not Yu-gi-oh with a bit of RP involved :)

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be dueling to win, but Keeping XYZ's out makes it simpler to RP, and therfore easier to focus more on the characters as well as the duel's.

kingmaster1

So, if there's a duel in the story would we go about it on duelingnetwork.com or something?

ShadowFox89

I'm not going to use anything offsite for dueling. I will drop out now if that's the case.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Silk

No  we use the random number generator with the number being the amount of cards in your deck, the number you roll is the card you get. With the code forwarded to the GM (togashi) so if a dispite comes up on which number, he can look at it and clarify if it's a good call or not.

kingmaster1

Oh, okay. So for the first draw it would be rolling five numbers? Alright, that's good to know. So, I'll wait for the gm's approval before I go ahead and post in the IC

Togashi

You're approved king. Post your character in the Character Thread first, then you can post in the game at the academy. The virtual world wont be up until tomorrow guys so enjoy your time on the academy.

Also, dorms. Like Silk guessed, it's up to you guys. I'm not gonna make you try out for it, but you will have to maintain an 'average' to keep your spot as a Blue.

Silk

Deck:
Monsters:
1. Jinzo
2~3 Elder of the Six Samurai X2
4 Enishi, Shien's Chancellor
5~6 Grandmaster of the Six Samurai X2
7 Great Shogun Shien
8 Hand of the Six Samurai
9~11 Kagemusha of the Six Samurai X3
12 Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi
13~15 Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki X3
16~18 Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan X3
19 Spirit of the Six Samurai
20 The Six Samurai - Irou

Spells:
21 heavy storm
22 Hammer shot
23 Graceful dice
24 gravekeeper's servant
25 lightning vortex
26 mystical space typhoon
27 swords of revealing light
28 the warrior returning alive
29 tribute to the doomed
30~31 Asceticism of the Six Samurai X2
32 Dark Hole
33 Gateway of the Six
34 Monster Reborn
35 Reinforcement of the Army
36~37 Shien's Dojo X2
38~39 Shien's Smoke Signal X2
40~42 Six Samurai United X3

Traps:
43 Blast with chain
44~45 bottomless trap hole X2
46 call of the haunted
47 Embodiment of apophis
48~49 magical cylinder X2
50~52 negate attack X3
53~55 Sakuretsu armor X3
56 spellbinding circle
57~58 Fiendish Chain X2
59~60 Mirror Force X2
61~62 Musakani Magatama X2
63 Solemn Judgment

Updated it for you please use this for your Character sheet

Lightshock16

Checked the Character's and it's currently 5 guy's to 4 Girls I believe...

Silk

Well 4 guys 4 girls and 1 Togashi trap character thing :P <3

Silk

I just thought Toga, it would be best if we put our ID code's for the dice bot in our CS so people can sent it to the relevant person :) (toga generally, me if Toga is involved with the duel in question)

AidenWhite

So was my character finally approved?

Lightshock16

...I HATE PURE DRAW EXODIA DECKS....that is all. >_>

Orochimaru

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 22, 2013, 07:56:32 PM
...I HATE PURE DRAW EXODIA DECKS....that is all. >_>

I can make one and use it on ya. =3

Silk

Quote from: Togashi on January 21, 2013, 02:52:29 PM
Then your character should be fine. Go ahead and throw him over in the character thread.

He said it was fine a while ago Aiden :)

Lightshock16

apygoos

gah, only firs post was up when i went to class, and now theres a whole scene going on >.<

Silk

Means the game is off to a good start :D

If your thinking of being a Ra, Lightshock hasn't had anyone to approach yet.

kingmaster1

Everyone's outside, so plenty of area to talk to them :P

Though, someone seems to be getting annoyed with so many people running in >.>

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Togashi on January 22, 2013, 07:31:16 PMAlso, dorms. Like Silk guessed, it's up to you guys. I'm not gonna make you try out for it, but you will have to maintain an 'average' to keep your spot as a Blue.

I might as well not bother with blue in that case.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Silk

It's upto you huni, its just something to aspire to as characters and an actual reward rather than just default "Yeah I'm blue and better than you"

and King I'm just playing the character, would you think a shy young girl from rural Japan who had to actively avoid people for the sake of her sister's career would be accustom to so many people talking at once in a language she's struggling to understand :P

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Silk on January 22, 2013, 08:17:07 PM
It's upto you huni, its just something to aspire to as characters and an actual reward rather than just default "Yeah I'm blue and better than you"

Except Blue is the dorm you pay to get into >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Silk

It's not so much pay more that the people who get into blue are the kinds of people that could afford pre-academy tutoring/training, so are generally better off money wise. Ala chad in GX, being rich doesn't guarantee a spot on Blue if you fail to perform to standards. Can still be blue, it's not like it's assumed were the only duelists on campus, you just need to make a point of doing pretty well throughout it all.

apygoos

I'm going to be playing Janelle as she could be in yellow, or maybe even blue, bu she chooses to stay in red, ill save the reason for if it ever comes up in the conversation in RP

AidenWhite

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Silk on January 22, 2013, 08:23:48 PM
It's not so much pay more that the people who get into blue are the kinds of people that could afford pre-academy tutoring/training, so are generally better off money wise. Ala chad in GX, being rich doesn't guarantee a spot on Blue if you fail to perform to standards. Can still be blue, it's not like it's assumed were the only duelists on campus, you just need to make a point of doing pretty well throughout it all.

Meh, I suck at dueling. I'll just stick Rune in red, it's where she'd be anyway.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AidenWhite

Wow, it seems that everyone is in Red. I figured that Blue would be the most popular.

ShadowFox89

The caveat that your personal skills have to be up to snuff pretty much means there's no chance in hell for me.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Lightshock16

......Am I REALLY the only person in Yellow? ugh...

kingmaster1

I was originally thinking that Malcolm would be in yellow...but then I found that the busty chick was in red so...what can I say? :P

AidenWhite

Quote from: kingmaster1 on January 22, 2013, 08:59:41 PM
I was originally thinking that Malcolm would be in yellow...but then I found that the busty chick was in red so...what can I say? :P

THAT was your motivation? Talk about looking at the prize. XD

kingmaster1

I always have my eyes on the prize! :P

Orochimaru

How many nuts is Charleena gonna ave to crack like a walnut before this RP gets to day 2? @_@

Lightshock16

I suppose Mark will have to be the gentlemanly englishman and go visit the Slifer dorm.

kingmaster1

I kind of found it funny that she responded to "princess" and not "tits for brains" :P

ShadowFox89

Alright, the Slifer dorm area is getting too cluttered. Who wants to bump into Rune at the beach?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AidenWhite

Well, there is the intro of your vanilla protagonist. An oversleeping, overconfident, completely oblivious young male who wants to duel everyone.

kingmaster1

Malcolm will probably storm off for some fresh air and to get away from the busty babe  ::)

AidenWhite

We need an OOC, ASAP.

Since Slifers have dorm mates, who is willing to bunk with Ryuk?!

kingmaster1

Two blonde, overconfident, over sleeping guys in one room? That sounds like fun to me :P

ShadowFox89

If anyone wants to head to the beach, Rune is providing some easy fanservice :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AidenWhite

Orochimaru

Quote from: kingmaster1 on January 22, 2013, 09:32:21 PM
I kind of found it funny that she responded to "princess" and not "tits for brains" :P

Think about it. She is used to the tits remark growing up in New York with gangs... First mistake though... Trust me, your lucky she did not just deck him.... or throw him over the cliff. No joke.

kingmaster1

Sounds good, he may just make messing with her a normal thing :P

Orochimaru

Quote from: kingmaster1 on January 22, 2013, 10:21:49 PM
Sounds good, he may just make messing with her a normal thing :P

think about it. She was just forced here against her own will. A wild girl being thrown into it and now someone decides to try and add gas to the flame. Unwise.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: AidenWhite on January 22, 2013, 09:47:27 PM
We need an OOC, ASAP.

Since Slifers have dorm mates, who is willing to bunk with Ryuk?!

An OOC and, if King does what he usually does, a sexytime thread.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kingmaster1

Being unwise is what I'm all about. Though...he may do the messing while she's not within reach of something sharp or the edge of a cliff...that sounds like a good idea...

Yay! Sexy time! ;D

Orochimaru

Quote from: kingmaster1 on January 22, 2013, 10:25:00 PM
Being unwise is what I'm all about. Though...he may do the messing while she's not within reach of something sharp or the edge of a cliff...that sounds like a good idea...

Yay! Sexy time! ;D

Thankfully I am giving ya a chance, but she ain;t afraid to try and twist your dick off with her bare hands in a primal attempt to neuter him. So, hate to debuff your good idea.

Togashi

DarkNevaeh

Sorry guys, been taking care of real life stuff the last few days, please forgive.  Will be working on a character sheet soon and a deck...though im tempted to copy one of my decks from the other game and bring it here, seeing as how that character has 4.  Lol.  Then again, I could make that OTHER deck I was thinking about...hmm...tempting tempting..

Anyway, sorry for my delay, and I gues we need more female characters?  I can make one.

apygoos

Silk

Go for it, although I'm not sure on the gender ratio at the moment.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A