Hellraiser rp, Could it ever possibly work?

Started by Esoterica, March 31, 2024, 08:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoterica

I was not sure exactly where to put this as I'm not sure I am even going to do this or if I do this that it will be on Elliquiy, but I gotta ask.

My friend and I were joking around a bit about Hellraiser rp. We were like what exactly would you do, invite Pinhead to the club, or take the Chatterer with you to the zoo? It would be very hard to do something like this but it definitely has not saturated the market in rps.

She came up with an idea. The characters being escaped tortured people from hell. I have the further idea that all may not even know they are.

But anyway, does anyone have any thoughts or even interest in something like this? I know it is next level extreme and very niche but because the idea will not leave, I'm going to give this a try.
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

Nowherewoman

The problem with Hellraiser (aside from...most of the later movies) is that nearly everyone ends up dying :D Or in rare cases being turned into a Cenobite...
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Hazel

It could work. Though everyone would have to be cool with a horrifying scene, or a fade to black, of them being dragged back to where they've escaped. If they've all escaped together it could be a "work to fend off containment" kinda deal. Helping or outing the others as the RP progresses to the body end or they figure out something else. Though, because of thier time with the cenobites, each could have a quirk or kink they wish to fulfill but each time they do it draws attention to them from those who are seeking.

Actually it could be a hunter/seeker idea too. Some players the cenobites and others the escapees with the GM playing the mad God who either helps or gets in the way of either group if they need to. Rarely of course. This requires the escapees to work as a team though.

Another way for it to go would be the players hunting the cube down. Each has heard the stories and tales, each wants it for themselves. Massive having it in a city but not knowing exactly where. Players having drama/ nightmares based on how close they are to it. Definitely more of a puzzle game though but could be lots of kinky fun if they all share the dreams and can interact.

That though would play with the whole lore of it and might be a bit more off putting to those interested. Search for the spooky box, have dreams to help and hinder each other, maybe help in the real time, get the downs from the box after you solve it.

That's all I got thinking it over though. Not sure what system you could use or how you wanna play with the lore.

Esoterica

Quote from: Hazel on April 20, 2024, 06:01:06 PMIt could work. Though everyone would have to be cool with a horrifying scene, or a fade to black, of them being dragged back to where they've escaped. If they've all escaped together it could be a "work to fend off containment" kinda deal. Helping or outing the others as the RP progresses to the body end or they figure out something else. Though, because of thier time with the cenobites, each could have a quirk or kink they wish to fulfill but each time they do it draws attention to them from those who are seeking.

Actually it could be a hunter/seeker idea too. Some players the cenobites and others the escapees with the GM playing the mad God who either helps or gets in the way of either group if they need to. Rarely of course. This requires the escapees to work as a team though.

Another way for it to go would be the players hunting the cube down. Each has heard the stories and tales, each wants it for themselves. Massive having it in a city but not knowing exactly where. Players having drama/ nightmares based on how close they are to it. Definitely more of a puzzle game though but could be lots of kinky fun if they all share the dreams and can interact.

That though would play with the whole lore of it and might be a bit more off putting to those interested. Search for the spooky box, have dreams to help and hinder each other, maybe help in the real time, get the downs from the box after you solve it.

That's all I got thinking it over though. Not sure what system you could use or how you wanna play with the lore.

These are some very good ideas. If this happens it will probably be a long time from now because there is a lot I have to figure out first. But this definitely helps from the ways to make it possible standpoint
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

Avernale

I remember seeing a review of the Hellraiser comics in which there were multiple Lament Configurations, not all of which were puzzle boxes.  One was a book, for instance, and another an underground maze.

Nowherewoman

In one of the late movies, it was an entire building, IIR.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0