News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

RWBY Unofficial Tabletop RPG

Started by Florence, February 09, 2016, 08:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

Sounds good. I like RIVR the bestest.

For leader I'm thinking which would bring out most fun char progression, and thinking from the professor's point of view. Who would they choose? I think Vanilja might be a bit too scatter minded to pull it off, and her 'people skills' are not very easy to adapt to leading (might just accidentally ignore a teammate). Iris is already noble/rich and might end up becoming too bossy, the profs might think that following would do her good. Rust is kind of eh... not full leader material either, but he might have potential. Just need to work out some chinks like blood lust and overly serious zeal and general aloofness and his (supposed) unfamiliarity with group work (I'm getting some lone wolf vibes). Him leading would probably provide most struggles  RP potential.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

FarFetched

Hm, I'm definitely going to have Lionel be initially torn up over not becoming the AWE-INSPIRING LEADER of his team, but that's just his personality. Honestly it'd probably be better if he isn't, because his first order of business would be to make his entire team do the same kind of grueling physical training that he counts as "warmups" for him, followed by nothing but healthy foods for breakfast lunch and dinner. Actually, he'll probably still try and push healthy food options on people for comedic effect (because /of course/ 'lil Sui needs more milk to grow BIG & STRONG like Lionel), but y'get the point.

Revelation

Quote from: Sain on March 07, 2016, 05:29:26 AM
Sounds good. I like RIVR the bestest.

For leader I'm thinking which would bring out most fun char progression, and thinking from the professor's point of view. Who would they choose? I think Vanilja might be a bit too scatter minded to pull it off, and her 'people skills' are not very easy to adapt to leading (might just accidentally ignore a teammate). Iris is already noble/rich and might end up becoming too bossy, the profs might think that following would do her good. Rust is kind of eh... not full leader material either, but he might have potential. Just need to work out some chinks like blood lust and overly serious zeal and general aloofness and his (supposed) unfamiliarity with group work (I'm getting some lone wolf vibes). Him leading would probably provide most struggles  RP potential.

My thoughts more align with yours, I think. In a sense, Vanilja doesn't seem like good leader material, though of course there's nothing bad about that, really! Iris I can't say much on, but I can see that being a good idea on not making her leader. Rusty's biggest faults in leadership would be some of that bloodlust which could make him an aggressive leader (Give them no quarter!), and probably having never lead before. I wouldn't be playing him much as an aloof or lone wolf-esque character though he might have some tendencies. He's the type who would care deeply for his teammates, and really wants nothing more than to see them succeed and do well. In part, I think he'd grow naturally into a leadership position if given the chance. Having it to where he has to think of the entire team compared to just thinking of himself is where he'd really develop and shine at.

But that's just my 2 cents, if Iris wants the lead or even the NPC we get, I would not mind terribly!

ThisOneGal

Thoughts on things:

I'm indifferent to the smut level of the RP; I don't need it, but having it won't offend me. Fluffy shipping stuff would be good though.

No strong opinion on which group I'm in.

I'm game for Iris being team leader; given her Alice in Wonderland thing, her response is more likely to be along the lines of "wait, what? why me? oh god what's happening".

Revelation

Quote from: ThisOneGal on March 07, 2016, 06:32:05 PM
Thoughts on things:

I'm indifferent to the smut level of the RP; I don't need it, but having it won't offend me. Fluffy shipping stuff would be good though.

No strong opinion on which group I'm in.

I'm game for Iris being team leader; given her Alice in Wonderland thing, her response is more likely to be along the lines of "wait, what? why me? oh god what's happening".

Hrm! If you want it, you got it! I kinda started to like the thought of him being team leader, but i'm not gonna fight for it that hard, is just a game!

ThisOneGal

I don't need to be team leader; just saying it's an option. :P

Iris still needs, like, characterization and backstory anyway. :P

Revelation

Quote from: ThisOneGal on March 07, 2016, 06:43:42 PM
I don't need to be team leader; just saying it's an option. :P

Iris still needs, like, characterization and backstory anyway. :P

That's true. :P I should finish writing out Rusty's backstory, and changing his name on the sheet and such. Regardless, I am really liking the enthusiasm of everyone present here!

ThisOneGal

Here's a bunch of the images I was using to try and pin down Iris's character/design/idea/whatever.

linky

Let me know what you think.

Right now I'm leaning towards including this as a backstory element somehow, and possibly towards shifting to this as her design, since it's less Weiss-y. Of course, the dark/punk stuff skews very Blake, so eh. Trying to avoid duplicating canon characters.

Revelation

Most of the punk designs skirt away enough from being a Blake-expy that I think any of them would work. Blake has long wavy hair, and aside from that, her biggest identifying marks are her bow and her eyes, which you'd have to try very hard to replicate.

Sain

Backstory? Right, I haven't done that either. Will probably keep it short. I picked Vacuo as starting village just because it had okayish bonus :-) I suppose we should consider making backstories cheesy enough to allow our cast to be in similar situations as the main cast of RWBY, ie. have affiliations to terrorist groups, be princesses of big atlas corporations and have super badass family of hunters and so on.

e. Yeah all those pics look nice, especially the fluffy ships :-)

Atkinson

Using Sain's handy-dandy template, I updated and fleshed out Sue's writeup some in my earlier post!

Also, if we had a 4th member whose name prominently featured an 'M', BLSM, Blossom, would be a good team name!

Also, if anyone wants to use a pic with currently all-over-the-place colors, or a color scheme different to the one they'd prefer, just provide me that picture and your desired color scheme and I'm sure I can give it the same treatment I did to my Sue pic easily enough!

FarFetched

Florence

I read that as "BDSM" and that is how I'm going to say it. xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Revelation

Quote from: Florence on March 08, 2016, 10:34:58 PM
I read that as "BDSM" and that is how I'm going to say it. xD

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one thinking that!

FarFetched

Just call my character Dionel Dronto Doldman then XD.

Sain

BLSM is fluffier though, but maybe some older students/teachers starts calling it team BDSM and the BLSM have no idea why it's supposed to be funny.

FarFetched

I had a fantastic idea for Lionel's backstory this morning. I'll try writing it up once I fulfill my other writing obligations. Hopefully it'll to give him a believeable, story-driven reasoning for his ham-esque nature.

Sain

Quote from: FarFetched on March 09, 2016, 12:42:06 PM
I had a fantastic idea for Lionel's backstory this morning. I'll try writing it up once I fulfill my other writing obligations. Hopefully it'll to give him a believeable, story-driven reasoning for his ham-esque nature.

I found his papa/brother/uncle while searching for pics for Vanilja's parents. Going to probably have
Vanilja's mother
be a eccentric combination of vigilante and criminal with morals (no killing, maiming etc.) and ex huntress who obviously has a bounty on her.
Her dad
would have retired to raise Vanilja and be more of the down to earth type and also the only one actively hunting the mother's bounty and trying to catch her. If the GM ever wants to use them they could probably still be on "our" side of any conflict, helping the other NPCes or just creating some cheesy cliche robber & cop moments that make even the most jaded people yell, "Just fucking kiss already!" I think this could explain much of Vanilja's personality.

Florence

What's the legal drinking age in Remnant?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Leodran

Hey everyone.  Still here, just on a business trip.  Hoping to have time on the weekend to catch up and put up the main game and OOC threads.  I should have enough free time on Saturday and Sunday to be present.

As for legal drinking age, I arbitrarily say 19, which basically means 3rd years.  Jr said Yang was young to be in the club, so it's not a European 16.

ThisOneGal

Old enough to die fighting horrible nightmare creatures, too young to drink.

:P

Revelation

Quote from: Leodran on March 09, 2016, 09:08:41 PM
Hey everyone.  Still here, just on a business trip.  Hoping to have time on the weekend to catch up and put up the main game and OOC threads.  I should have enough free time on Saturday and Sunday to be present.

As for legal drinking age, I arbitrarily say 19, which basically means 3rd years.  Jr said Yang was young to be in the club, so it's not a European 16.

Take your time! There's no rush! Hope the business stuff is going well!

Sain

Maybe some other nations like Vacuo have different drinking age so Vanilja has a reason to try smuggle drinks in there and encourage law breaking for some little comedy scenes.

Atkinson

It doesn't actually matter what the drinking age is, or if it can vary by territory.  All that matters is getting your grubby hands on the actual liquor!  But there are also potential consequences for doing so, probably.  In a place like Beacon Academy, those consequences probably include expulsion.

Also, hot on the heels of BDSM! er.. BLSM, another semi plausible team name:

BSLT - Basalt, assuming the 4th member has a name starting with a 't'.

ThisOneGal

Hmm.

I'm curious, how many of you would rather use a system and not go freeform?

I'm asking 'cause I prefer freeform. I don't have a problem sticking with the system though, since this was originally pitched as using the system. :P