Firefly/Serenity BASED RP -- interest check!

Started by Flaming Dead Man, May 27, 2012, 06:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaming Dead Man

We're getting through them.

Slowly but surely.
Wanderings (Updated 2013.08.21.)
(Check this forum for the posting list, as well.)

Partner Search Thread (Updated 2013.08.21.)

Kate

metamorphize

Just dropping in quickly to say hi and see how things were going.

arkhos

Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Sparrowhawke

Please Read this.

Hey guys,

We're sorry to say this, but life issues are forcing us to put this on the back-burner right now. We might be able to get things up and running again along the line, and if we do, y'all will be the first to know about it.

We haven't finished putting all the information together, but if any of you guys would like to use it and try and keep this going, we'll be glad to give you everything we have. We'll be keeping profiles in case any of you want to join again if we get going later on, so there'll be no need to redo them, unless you want to change them. Again, we're sorry about this.

Kate

np guys,

all good - thaw it out later when . if you both wish to.

great work for the effort regardless, its not lost (well done)

:)

metamorphize

I have patience. :) Maybe we can get a small freeform game going or something in the meantime.

Kate

i think its a matter of a gm for it who has time.

So for anything to move someone has to say "happy to gm this"

Kate

for others information / curiosity this was my character (pre approval)

Laura Kay
(Independents)

Nickname:: None
Common Aliases:  -
Birthdate / Age: Oct 1 / 30
Home World: Ariel, (core)
Current Occupation: Hacker / Security Breaker  ??
Past Occupations: Account Hacking ??
Ship Crewed or Owned
"Crew (not sure which)"
??

Biological Information

Height: 5"10
Body Type: Slender
Gender Preference: Omnisexual
Blood Type: B
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Dark Brown
Distinguishing Features: None

Gear and Equipment

Total Starting Creds = 1000 + 196  (user ID is 8726) = 1196
Unspent Creds: 1.7

Usual Attire:

Items Traveled With:

Cortex Terminal, Black Box   | ₡ 747.2
  Lock Picks, Electronic   | ₡ 35.4
  Dedicated Sourcebox   | ₡ 154
  Micro Transmitter   | ₡ 8
  SubKelvin   | ₡ 80
  Debugger   | ₡ 20
  Eavesdrops   | ₡ 47.2
  Ship-linked Handset   | ₡ 3.2

Gear and Equipment:

Cortex Terminal, Black Box   | ₡ 747.2
  Dedicated Sourcebox   | ₡ 154
  Lock Picks, Electronic   | ₡ 35.4
  SubKelvin   | ₡ 80
  Micro Transmitter   | ₡ 8

“Jabberwocky”Signal Blocker   | ₡ 13.3
  Debugger   | ₡ 20
  Eavesdrops   | ₡ 47.2
  Holo-Image   | ₡ 64

Ship-linked Handset   | ₡ 3.2
  Motion Sensor Array   | ₡ 22

Weapons:

None

Family

Past Relationships:

None overly relevant (She has had some lovers during binges of Narcotics, her ability to recall  them however is hazy at best).

Family :

Of her (known) living family, one brother (Paul) exists, who is high up in the Alliance Military,  both despise what each other stands for.

History

Laura was always talented at computers and after getting degrees to understand them formally  spend a lot of her free time siphoning off money from super-rich Alliance families in amounts too  small for them to notice. Occasionally a transaction on their banking fee's that didnt exist  would occur, few tens of creds here, handful of creds there. Not enough for it to make much of a  dent in their accounts, and always too small for the banks to chase, and in total enough to pay for her narcotic addition and more some. Alliance heads she choose to strike often were ones that had publicly imposed an unethical  stance for power-hungry reasons. To her it was her sense of justice. Over time different programs she had written began to passively, silently "liberate" creds from unethical people her way.  Seeing this when visiting a bank was always something which warmed his gals heart.

Alas recently she had forgotten to update her programs to cater for something that had them all accidentally deleting themselves. So now she is out of an income stream currently and will need weeks to create more to hum her merry tune. In the mean time selling her services as a security breaker and hacker for any ship independent on the Alliance (only ones she thinks will tollerate her drug addition) certainly feels sensible...

if only she knew where such captains lingered long enough to make contact with them.

Oh, she is all out of her fix too ... and is suffering withdrawal ... not fun.

Attributes

Assets:

Talented - Technical Engineering  (Major) -4
Allure (Major) - 4
Highly Educated (Minor) -2
Math Whiz (Minor) -2

Total -12

Complications:

Bleeder (Major) +4
Hooked (Major)  +4 (Recreational drugs)
Allergy (Minor) +2 (Pollen)
Lightweight (Minor) + 2

Total +12

Initiative: 16

Agility: 8
Strength: 6
Vitality: 8
Alertness: 8
Intelligence: 10 (+2 Highly Educated) +2 (Math Wiz) = +14
Willpower: 8

Life Points: 16

Personality Notes:

Laura is far from moderated in political views, and will readily voice her disapproval of the  Alliance, which to her has lost its way from being a positive influence for others. Although she believes in aiding  the aims of those seeking Independence from the Alliances arms, she has no particular pet school of them that she panders to, and may help the Alliance if high amounts of  money is at stake.

Laura can fluctuate between impulsive and apprehensive dependent on her current state of intoxication with amphetamines.  Although she is aware of her addiction to the substance she has no desires to straighten out, and has learned to regulate its use with her typical days by coupling its use with "downers",  in her case a particular herbal tea.

Skills

Discipline (2)

Guns (2)

Technical Engineering (Major Talent)
  Base: Techincal Enginneering - Skill 12
  hacking - Skill 2
  technical security systems - Skill 2

arkhos

Yup, understood. Perhaps another time.

I definitely will hang around and like Meta said, maybe sometime down the road you guys could bring it out again, or maybe someone else might see it and want to run it?

Would LOVE a Serenity-based game. :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Bobbacca

This is sad making, but I definitely understand.  Real life must always come first.  I will keep the threads bookmarked and still finish my character profile so that if/when you guys pick it up again, I'll be ready to go. :)
"Well, I can be them probably as well as I can be you.  And of course, you can be you better than I can be you.  But if you're them and I'm you, everyone is thinking outside the box." -Tycho Celchu, Rebel Dream