News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Word Processing program that accepts bb coding?

Started by Scott, April 05, 2009, 09:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Is there a word processing program that accepts BB coding that you could download somewhere? Example: If you wanted to make up a detailed game ideas thread with tables, and you could see it and save it without being online? 

Dakota

That that i'm aware of, i know there are programs that parse html and such, but not bb code

Greenthorn

Yes....there are a few actually...

Here's one

Or you can simply PM it to yourself..which I've done multiple times.

Oniya

I've gotten to the point where I type it up in Notepad, BBcode included.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Greenthorn

I know what you mean, Oniya.  I'm so used to the tags now...I just automatically type them!

Maeven

Slightly off topic but useful nonetheless.

New with the upgrade (we think): If you are typing a reply in the reply box (but not quick reply) and use keyboard shortcuts like: [ctrl] + [b ] or [ctrl] + [u ] it will automatically put the tags in the post and then place your cursor in the middle of the tags for the text entry.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Scott

When I hit reply to this pm and hit [ctrl]+ on Vista, it prompted me to organize my favorites, and [ctrl]+ did nothing.  I don't know if it's a Vista thing or what, but I appreciate the info :). It may work if it's a whole new post but I havn't tried it. 

Oniya

It still managed to format the text as 'intended'.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Scott

lol, I feel Stupid now.

Maeven

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule