News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

MCAT

Started by DarklingAlice, January 26, 2010, 03:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarklingAlice

So, I have one to two more semesters on my Master's degree in Molecular Biology, and recently I have begun to seriously consider attending medical school. I am thinking about taking the MCAT over summer, and I was wondering if any of y'all out there have taken the test and have opinions/advice on it?
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Ryven

Never taken it, but that doesn't mean I can't wish you luck.  Good luck! ;D

Trieste

I'm preparing for it. I would recommend checking on your schools that you've gone to and seeing where other students with your similar education have done well and done poorly on the MCAT. For instance, pre-medical students at my university have traditionally done poorly on the physical science portion (mostly due to physics) and I've noticed that those of my tutors that have taken the time and initiative to study extra on this section have done a bit better.

I was advised to take it early in the year, such as in January or April, so that if I do badly on it, I can still take it again in August and submit (hopefully) improved scores with my applications across September and October.

DarklingAlice

Thank you both! And I think you are right, Trieste. I took a practice exam yesterday to get a baseline for my studying and completely bombed physical sciences because of the physics. Well, at least now I know what to focus on.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Pumpkin Seeds

Bring food to the test.  I know that sounds dumb but it's real important.