The Phantom Thieves (Persona 5 Game Interest Check! Need Yusuke Taken!)

Started by Tokyorose627, April 14, 2017, 10:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on April 18, 2017, 04:05:11 PM
I guess for the time being then,I'll make a list of Canons that will potentially be kept. The only issue would be finding people that are willing to take and play such Canon characters.

I'll start right now.

*Raises hand for Morgana if he is being kept, leaving Sae for the ladies since he will be possibly playing her little bro*

Everybody get aboard the cat bus, cause this one isn't gonna be having any brakes! >:3
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Silk

I'm interested in joining if you still have places. I'll probs go with a OC though since I'm still working through the game. :)

Tokyorose627

Alright, here's the list of Canons, so far, that I believe would be fine to stay in the Game.

Kept Canons:

• Morgana
  • Protagonist (OC Spot)
  • Yusuke
  • Sae
  • Akechi Goro

Scrapped Canons:

• Ann
  • Makoto
    • Haru

Canons Undecided:

• Ryuji
    • Futaba

Drowdeviant

...We can also chuck Ryuji in my honest opinion, mainly cause to me he only fills the screwball role and doesn't add too much to the story as a whole aside from being the first member of the Phantom Thieves' after the protagonist and Morganna. He's just very easy to replace in my mind. :P

Futaba is more of a tough decision cause she kind of goes full Fuuka/Rise and becomes the Thieves' navigator and support person once she gets her Persona. She's only needed if none of us plan to have a more passive role when in a palace (aka they more or less let everyone else do all the fighting, looting and sneaking).
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Drowdeviant on April 18, 2017, 06:16:07 PM
...We can also chuck Ryuji in my honest opinion, mainly cause to me he only fills the screwball role and doesn't add too much to the story as a whole aside from being the first member of the Phantom Thieves' after the protagonist and Morganna. He's just very easy to replace in my mind. :P

Futaba is more of a tough decision cause she kind of goes full Fuuka/Rise and becomes the Thieves' navigator and support person once she gets her Persona. She's only needed if none of us plan to have a more passive role when in a palace (aka they more or less let everyone else do all the fighting, looting and sneaking).

Well then, Futaba should be kept in the Game then, unless someone wants to take that role in the future?

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on April 18, 2017, 09:43:00 PM
Well then, Futaba should be kept in the Game then, unless someone wants to take that role in the future?
Well maybe someone could take it on. Just cause they're our walking encyclopedia and compass doesn't mean they can't be a combatant (we could make it more of their secondary role, meaning they could just analyze our foes in the midst of combat). Hell we could split the navigator and info buff roles into two separate roles and they could individually be taken on by two separate characters...After all we're making our own persona story with blackjack and hookers! Who says we can't do it?! >:3

Also I might be taking fucking Vulcanus as my guy's initial Persona...aka Roman Hephaestus! Both the god of fire, smithing and volcanoes! Look upon him and tremble! (also yes he's shooting flames out of his shoulder spikes) Plus his ultimate gets to be Apollo aka nuclear flame god! x3

Vulcanus >:3                                             Apollo >:)

Also the sun arcana also happens to fit my thoughts for his character oddly enough...He'll be fun to finally see break. Such a tender optimistic bean...too pure for this world, too good. xD

Tokyorose627

Yeah that s true, though I don't want the game to have too many people; too many people would be a bit hard to handle, IMO.

But at least you're dedicated and heavily invested in the RP; that's a good sign! I would start making it, but there's still the issue of having enough interest, as well needing people to take Canon Characters, and the issue of seeing who will take what Arcana/Role of Canons, OC wise.

there's just some stuff that sill needs some figuring out is all. :P

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on April 19, 2017, 12:03:32 AM
Yeah that s true, though I don't want the game to have too many people; too many people would be a bit hard to handle, IMO.

But at least you're dedicated and heavily invested in the RP; that's a good sign! I would start making it, but there's still the issue of having enough interest, as well needing people to take Canon Characters, and the issue of seeing who will take what Arcana/Role of Canons, OC wise.

there's just some stuff that sill needs some figuring out is all. :P

Well if we throw out Ryuji and Futaba too then we presently only have 3 out of 8 canon Phantom thieves (Protag, Morgana and Yusuke). With me and Mac's characters we would be sitting at 5 Phantom Thieves and 3 players.

Very true on all accounts. :P

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Drowdeviant on April 19, 2017, 12:18:58 AM
Well if we throw out Ryuji and Futaba too then we presently only have 3 out of 8 canon Phantom thieves (Protag, Morgana and Yusuke). With me and Mac's characters we would be sitting at 5 Phantom Thieves and 3 players.

Very true on all accounts. :P

Yeah, but the others that have shown interest haven't even said anything about their characters and what they wanted to add into it; until I make anything, I need people that are willing to take Canons to PM me ad give me a small excerpt so that issue is out of the way. Until that happens, the game won't be able to made, or start.

Mac84

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on April 19, 2017, 12:28:07 AM
Yeah, but the others that have shown interest haven't even said anything about their characters and what they wanted to add into it; until I make anything, I need people that are willing to take Canons to PM me ad give me a small excerpt so that issue is out of the way. Until that happens, the game won't be able to made, or start.

That is understandable. To be honest outside the Initial Persona being The Hell Rider, I'm not exactly sure how to set up my Character. I know that the Hell Rider is the Hang Man Arcana (I think)

Silk

If I knew more about the characters I might've been OK doing a cannon character, problem is since i have barely scratched the game. (Still working through the first palace) But since I don't I don't feel I could do any of the cannon characters justice, except for maybe the MC but even then would've preferred it to be a FeMC.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Mac84 on April 19, 2017, 08:28:22 AM
That is understandable. To be honest outside the Initial Persona being The Hell Rider, I'm not exactly sure how to set up my Character. I know that the Hell Rider is the Hang Man Arcana (I think)

Well from what I understand Hell Biker's lore is basically this: A motorcyclist whose violent nature turned him into a demon. His anger at himself and the world causes him to lash out, so that everyone else will suffer as well.

Also His name in Japanese versions is based off of the Hell's Angels apparently (pulling this off the wiki mind you).

Main question is what kind of dude is your character at his core to develop such an unruly and violent Persona(though it does fit the whole rebellion theme that is prevalent throughout 5 :3)?

Mac84

Quote from: Drowdeviant on April 19, 2017, 09:42:36 AM
Well from what I understand Hell Biker's lore is basically this: A motorcyclist whose violent nature turned him into a demon. His anger at himself and the world causes him to lash out, so that everyone else will suffer as well.

Also His name in Japanese versions is based off of the Hell's Angels apparently (pulling this off the wiki mind you).

Main question is what kind of dude is your character at his core to develop such an unruly and violent Persona(though it does fit the whole rebellion theme that is prevalent throughout 5 :3)?

If that is the case, then I would say something similar to Takamaki's origins.

Perhaps an Orphan that was adopted by a japanese couple while they were working on Visa in the US. When their Visa expired they returned to Japan bringing their son with them. The Change wasn't easy for him as he was clearly not Japanese, but had a japanese name. So he was an outcast cause of both his looks, and accused of trying to play at being Japanese. Making him feel Isolated in his world. He tries not to resent his Parents for dragging him to Japan as they did adopt him, and show him all the love and affection he could ask for. Yet, he can't help the anger and rage at constantly being treated like an outcast or scum simply cause he was a "Gaijin". I can imagine his parents taking heat for adopting an American, and not a japanese child too. Only fueling his anger.

That is an initial Fleshing

More Fleshing! XD

Name: Takeshi Takeda (Working name for now) (Aka: Will)

Race: White

Nationality: Japanese

Arcana: Hanged Man

Persona: Hell Biker

Melee Weapon: Bastard Sword

Ranged Weapon: Coach gun

Description: Takeshi is tall at 5'11" (180cm) with reddish brown hair, and green eyes. His skin has a spattering of freckles. He is lean with a slight muscular build. Oil, and Grease stained hands.

Personality: Takeshi "Will" is a reserved person, can come off as brooding at times. Yet, for those that earn his friendship he is fiercely loyal, and always willing to help or lend an ear. 

Background: Takeshi Takeda was born as William Fitzgerald. However at the age of 3 were killed in a automobile accident (How cliche :P). With no family willing to take him in he was put into the Social Care program where he would stay until he was six years old when he was finally adopted by a Japanese Couple on an extended work visa. Saburo, and Shinobu Takeda would take the young boy in, and raise him as their own with all the love they could. At 10 years old, due to deteroriating Family issues back in Japan, Will (Now official name of Takeshi) and his family moved back to Japan to be closer to family.

Though the cost would be the young man's happiness as the moment he enrolled into school, he had a serious eye opener to just how out of place he truly is. The first day of school, he was laughed at by the entire class when he introduced himself as Takashi Takeda. That was the start of his downward spiral into being a social outcast.

His fortunes did not improve when he was accepted into Shujin Academy. By then, Takeshi was far more reserved, and rarely participated in class. The only thing that really makes him happy nowadays is the beat up motorcycle he bought from a year's worth of multiple Part time jobs. His goal to get it road worthy and hopefully take a pretty girl for a ride.

Ons: Older women, Traps (Though he'll never admit it), Being seduced/Teased, light bondage, Light Femdom. Touching.

Offs: Arrogant/Bitchy women, humiliation, (Will add more depending)

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Mac84 on April 19, 2017, 10:42:13 AM
If that is the case, then I would say something similar to Takamaki's origins.

Perhaps an Orphan that was adopted by a japanese couple while they were working on Visa in the US. When their Visa expired they returned to Japan bringing their son with them. The Change wasn't easy for him as he was clearly not Japanese, but had a japanese name. So he was an outcast cause of both his looks, and accused of trying to play at being Japanese. Making him feel Isolated in his world. He tries not to resent his Parents for dragging him to Japan as they did adopt him, and show him all the love and affection he could ask for. Yet, he can't help the anger and rage at constantly being treated like an outcast or scum simply cause he was a "Gaijin". I can imagine his parents taking heat for adopting an American, and not a japanese child too. Only fueling his anger.

That is an initial Fleshing

I like it. Kind of Kanji like but also some Ann in there. :3

Now for my guy I think given his family he's gonna be the mix of Naoto and Kanji I initially thought of. Likely was a very mellow and sunny child when he was younger and very much looked up to Big sis Sae as his hero. This of course all changed when dear old dad kicked the bucket and he was deprived a good male role model (to those who are fans of Warehouse 13 I was thinking he might have had a Pete Latimar-esque vibe the morning before daddy was gunned down and didn't share it with him, no doubt making him feel a great deal of guilt that would fester for years to come). Now Sae being Sae at that point surely kept him on a bit of a short leash both in his studies and his social life (after all they couldn't tarnish the family's good reputation). What little time he had to himself likely led him to pick up a feminine hobby like knitting and or gardening to cope with the stress and emotional burden he had to shoulder as a member of the Niijima family, something Sae likely didn't pay too much thought as long as he continued to be a good student (leaving him a bit socially awkward and likely with a bit of an anxiety disorder). He has probably come to secretly resent what his sister has come since their father's death, especially seeing her become the corrupt prosecutor she is now who cares more about getting a conviction than about punishing the truly guilty. He'll probably be a bit snippy and prone to flying off the handle when he first interacts with the other thieves, especially if someone gets a little too curious about his home life. However once he feels safe with the others and trusts they won't judge him for his hobbies we'll likely see him mellow out again and become more of a mother hen. He and Sae will likely be getting in quite a few arguments once he joins up with the Phantom Thieves.

Though once things at home hopefully simmer down I could see them becoming more loving and affectionate like they use to be (Maybe Protag notices some of little bro's handiwork in something Sae has on her during his/her interrogation). Sae can still be good ole' Sae away from home mind you, I'm just saying that there's no reason we can't make what canons we're keeping a little more complex. I for one am all for a Sae who is at least a little more of a snarky, informal dork at home than when she's having to fight for her life in the dog-eat-dog shit storm of a work environment that is 5's corrupt as all hell portrayal of Japan's justice system.

Tokyorose627

These are great ideas guys, but please try to not get your hopes up. We still need people to take Canons, and if we can't things will be slow for a while. :/

Ideas about your characters are great, but don't show all of your cards until the game is set in stone.

I don't want people to be disappointed if the game doesn't end up happening. D:

Silk

While they don't appear to be direct cannons, the ideas seem to be relatively interchangeable with some of the roles, sure we'll probably still need some cannons to make it work though.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on April 19, 2017, 12:32:47 PM
These are great ideas guys, but please try to not get your hopes up. We still need people to take Canons, and if we can't things will be slow for a while. :/

Ideas about your characters are great, but don't show all of your cards until the game is set in stone.
I know Rose. I just like having the opportunity to channel my creative energies into something at the moment (my RPs are currently kind of dead at the moment and it's causing me to be a bit bored). Even if the game doesn't happen I'm just happy to be able to bounce around ideas. :3

Silk feel free to share any ideas you have for your own OC. Don't let my sudden dumping of pent up creative energy intimidate you. ;)

Mac84

I've added more to my potential Character! XD

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on April 19, 2017, 12:32:47 PM

I don't want people to be disappointed if the game doesn't end up happening. D:

No worries, Rose. If all else fails We still have the game to enjoy back home. ;)

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Mac84 on April 19, 2017, 01:15:09 PM
I've added more to my potential Character! XD

No worries, Rose. If all else fails We still have the game to enjoy back home. ;)

No prob! If any of you know others that would be interested, feel free to recommend the Game. The more people we find to take Canons, the better! :)

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on April 19, 2017, 01:35:29 PM
No prob! If any of you know others that would be interested, feel free to recommend the Game. The more people we find to take Canons, the better! :)

Also! If any of you wanted to try for the Canons hat I had listed, feel free to PM me a excerpt of an in character post!

Mac84

Tokyorose627

Mac84

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Mac84 on April 19, 2017, 03:21:24 PM
Cuz we iz being sneakiez, and stylish. :P

Lol ok.

I already have an idea for my character; there so someone that I talked to before that is interested in the Protag spot, they just haven't gone on here yet.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Mac84 on April 19, 2017, 03:21:24 PM
Cuz we iz being sneakiez, and stylish. :P

Fools! You shall all tremble before the might of 4GE and his Persona Vulcanus! (Also to those wondering my guy's code name is actually Forge, in reference to his hobbies and Vulcanus's moniker as the god of blacksmiths. I just decided to be a smartass). >:)