Demon's Bane Hollow

Started by Hyde, July 13, 2009, 11:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyde

Demon's Bane hollow was a simple town at first. However a few rotten apples quickly spoiled the bushel. After a few bad people took up residence in the small town it went downhill quickly. Soon the wickedness of some spread to the rest. The streets became crime filled and sinful. It was only a matter of time before the cobblestone streets started to run red with murder and other dark deeds. Soon the town was only know for its cutthroat alleys and corrupt streets. The evil of the town became infamous till one day........ The city itself just, disappeared.

The earth itself rejected the magnitude of evil that came from the town. Causing the towns link to the mortal plan to weaken and the small hollow just drifted into the spectral plane. Our story doesn't end here however. Once the town descended into darkness the true evil began. The citizens of Demon's Bane found themselves trapped inside the city walls and worse...they were changing. Soon the trapped corrupt souls started to take the form of true evil. The streets now run with Vampires, Werewolves, Dagons, Orcs, Ogres and all sorts of monsters and demons. The very sewers flow with blood and all manners of tentacled sea creatures. The tree's themselves have become alive and may even attack those that are foolish enough to walk into the woods that surround the town. The citizens of Demon's Bane have lived in this state for countless years.....still our story does not end here.

Long after Demon's Bane faded into the history books Cattenbury was founded. A small town not to far from the site that the evil hollow had once occupied. Their town is good and growing, full of your typical collection of people. Not realizing their proximity to the fallen town. Soon however.... when the stars are just right the Physical plane and the Spectral plane overlap, and just for a few days...maybe even a week or so the Hollow will return. The citizens free from their bonds will be allowed to roam the mortal world as long as the stars stay in their hold. Cattenbury is about to receive a surprise nobody ever expected as the ghosts and ghouls and all manner of evil leaves it's home to do the evil deeds that decided their fate before the city once again descends into the spectral plane for countless years....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay it's pretty simple idea. There is a city of monsters and a city of humans. The people of Cattenbury might choose to go to Demon's Bane to investigate the newly formed city...to find horny and hungry monsters. Some of the people of Cattenbury may choose to stay at home, however that is also not safe as the monsters are free to roam the nearby towns looking for victims.  I'll GM the thing and I need players for both monsters and for people. There is a way to stop the corruption in the Hollow and save the citizens from their evil fate but the people of Cattenbury will only have a small window to pull it off.....because if a mortal is inside the Hollow when it falls back into darkness they are stuck and they will share the fate of it's citizens.

I see the town and setting very similar to a fantasy based town. Demon's Bane is a bit bigger the Cattenbury and is fully functional. Meaning the citizens have continued their daily lives just....as monsters. So you may be able to find a grocery store or a jail...all of course suited to monsters. So the grocery may have a selected type of food that humans may find revolting.

The monsters may be out looking for a meal, a mate, a new pet all sorts of things. Obviously being on these boards we know where most will be leaning toward but I can toss in a few that are just out for blood.  All in all the rp will involve the monsters finding, having sex with, killing, capturing the citizens of Cattenbury (what order they take place in is up to the monster)

Anybody interested?
"I am the chief of sinners"

On/Offs

SuperHans

I would love to play a Cattenbury human. Really interesting plot!
That's just, like, your opinion, man

O&O

Hyde

Thank you! I've had it in my head for some time. I just never thought to make it into a game till now for some reason....*shrug*

On/Offs

Saku

I wouldn't mind joining this :) I'd play a vampire but not sure if I'd play a male or female, I'm still trying to decide and to see who else will join and what they will play etc... ^^

EDIT: I think I'll play a male vampire *nods* :)
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

OldSchoolGamer

Interesting concept...sounds like a kind of Hotel California, only the size of a village.  (I've always wondered who owns the movie rights to Hotel California...can a song have movie rights?) 

Anyway, I'd be interested in playing a mother and daughter.  Daughter wanders too far afield, lure of the forbidden and all that.  Mother then comes seeking daughter.  I'd be primarily interested in the sexual aspect of the story, and could be paired with orcs, ogres, demons or other humanoid creatures of ill intent.

GrinningHound

Could I play a wandering, idealistic Knight Errant who comes upon the town and sets to rallying the people and slaying the monsters?

Hyde

Cattenbury seems to be getting all sorts of residence! Yeah we have the mother daughter, Superhans also wanted to be a resident, the Knight who decides to take on the task of putting Demon's Bane out of it's pain once and for all. Now I just need to round up a few more monsters. I have no issue playing a few myself as I gm. Later today I'll make a few threads for character creation.

If you want to be a monster let me know by pm or posting here. We'll talk about what type a bit in pm's to keep it a bit of surprise.

On/Offs

Hyde

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=41871.0

There is the link to the character page. Any other takers on monsters?

On/Offs

Kanrya

Chaos

This sounds like an interesting setting! I'd love to play too. Are you thinking one character per player, or could I play a monster and a human visitor? I have ideas for both...

Hyde

You can play both sure. We could use a monster or two. Everybody who is playing a human make your post in the Character list. Then we can get started. Chaos I'll send you a pm about your monster.

On/Offs

Hyde

On/Offs

Lord Drake

If there is space for someone new, I'd like to play a monster. I have loads of ideas for monsters, usually.. (*creepy brain*)
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Saku

I'm sure there is. We don't have many monsters so yay for more! To Kitanna - I will be responding at some point today, sorry been trying to catch up on posts lol
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Kanrya

lol okay its just i was expecting her to be captured by a tentacled monster not a vampire so thats why my post was so short saku....sorry

Hyde

Well it's gotta be some suprise! lol  ;)

On/Offs

GrinningHound

My character is going to jump in soon.  Maybe she's not captured at all!

Yet.