News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dragon Kingdomes

Started by Shandragontear, April 30, 2011, 02:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shandragontear

So I'm not much for fancy advertising so I'm just gunna put it simply. I'm lookin to start a fantasy world type rp with whatever sort of mythical creature possible. Such as Dragons, unicorns, gryphen, mermaids, ect.

Ok so I'm not the sort to put to much of a restrictive plot and what not (honestly just too lazy). The basic idea is that the kingdoms and villages would be lead by humanoids, elves, humans, dwarfs, ect. and the untouched wilds are governed by the beasts, even subjecting humanoids who wander too far to their laws.

Please throw out any ideas, or let me know if you'd be interested in playing the leader of a kingdom, be it humanoid or beast, wouldn't mind a few co. GMs in this, been a while for me.

Kate

why not :)

Write away many would be interested :)

KnightNelson20

minerva7790

Will wait for details before deciding. :)
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

bubby

INTERESTED! My original yahoo char is a silver dragon, and I MISS playing her!

Laughing Hyena

Let's see what comes of this before I display interest

Chrystal

*chuckles* I'm with most here. Expressing cautious interest depending upon what exactly pops up...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Insatiably Bored

now as with everyone else, I will say I am interested, but I want more filler before I jump aboard fully.

though now I have a dilemma, who to play who to play, I have a few dragon characters :P*White, Green, Black, Copper or Red, the choices the choices!*
O&O: Updated 9/27/11

A&A: UPDATED 9/28/11 Official Day of eternal departure from E

Trost

I think I'll give it a shot. I'd have to see what its about.  ;)
~*Art is the bridging of ideas, emotions, and thoughts when simple communication fail to express the true depth of meaning and purpose. Art is the creation of humanity.*~

Shandragontear

Posted a bit more. Heh, sorry if I'm not much of a fancy add maker. I don't like coming up with complicated sotrylines, I save that for roleplaying

bubby

Ssssoooo...does this mean the game's a go? *Confused*

Shandragontear

Yeah, I'll get threads going for it tomarrow. Been a bit strapped on time and motivation lately.

By the way this is my first group RP on this site, where should I set up a thread for character profiles, here or on the IC board?

Trost

My suggestion is to have all the structures and framework in one area and the storyline in the other. ((The OOC, what everyone calls it, I think.)) Though may I also suggest making the first post in the actual RP a summary of the storyline and have a link to the OOC. A lot of people don't do that and its a slight hassle to hunt for the thing. >_>
~*Art is the bridging of ideas, emotions, and thoughts when simple communication fail to express the true depth of meaning and purpose. Art is the creation of humanity.*~

bubby

What Trost said! Character profiles can go in the OOC thread, and indeed a -summary- in the first post of the IC thread would be great, because though it doesn't need to be complicated persay, it IS nice to have some sort of premise as to your wants in this RP.

Urbanzorro

I'm interested but I do have to say(from some of my own failures and some of my successes)  that there needs to be some sort of overlying plot to make this a successful game. Just my 2 cents.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Chrystal

Quote from: Shandragontear on May 05, 2011, 02:54:32 AM
Yeah, I'll get threads going for it tomarrow. Been a bit strapped on time and motivation lately.

By the way this is my first group RP on this site, where should I set up a thread for character profiles, here or on the IC board?

I think the answer to the question is that you set up a character thread, OOC thread and IC thread in the forum that you want the game to be in.

You are restricted to "Light: Exotic Small Groups ", "Bondage: Exotic Small Groups", "NC: Exotic-Freeform Small Groups" (unless you plan to use a system) or "Extreme Small Groups". Your choice will limit (or not) the kind of sexual interaction the players will be allowed to partake in. (Or is that "partake of"? I can never remember).

You should probably put a character profile sheet up, and I would suggest coming up with some sort of plot or you may find the game just fizzles - of course I could be wrong on that. I've seen games that had no plot fizzle and I've seen games with a real humdinger of a plot fizzle, and there is generally no rhyme nor reason to it!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Insatiably Bored

well here an idea that you might like,

make both the humanoids, and the wilds neighboring Kingdoms of sorts, held together by a centuries old pact. long ago an enemy had shown up, that was a threat to both, nearly over coming them, but when they worked as one, they were able to scatter their enemy to the winds. since that day, the civilized kingdoms had sent tribute to the feral kingdoms of riches, foods and the cream of the crop in the new generation. in return the feral kingdoms busy themselves in constantly fighting threats to civilized kingdom and themselves, acting as a buffer and guardians of the humanoids. well after a century or too, life has become amazingly easy within the civilized kingdom, the kings have grown arrogant with their success. no longer remembering the dark days that had bound them to their neighbors, they toss aside the agreement, and refuse to send tribute, declaring themselves free of "oppression".

this of course doesn't go over well with the feral kingdoms, whom feel cheated of their earned prize, as they have been fighting constantly, though they are shrewd enough to seek a diplomatic answer, seeking to return things to how they were. things are further strained as a younger duke/king, openly attacks the feral kingdom's emissary. this nearly sets off a war, but thankfully the emissary is taken in by a more peaceful kingdom, and provided with proper care. this merely stalls a war, and turns the whole thing into a powder keg waiting to be lit.

I know a little vague, but this allows more to be added in, so others can add and change as they see fit.

O&O: Updated 9/27/11

A&A: UPDATED 9/28/11 Official Day of eternal departure from E

Drakan

I hope it is not to late but I was hoping that i could offer my services to this thread as well.....I have always thrived on using my fantasy based Drakan character that i've used since the old days of Yahoo Rp so i hope you will take me in :D

Shandragontear

Ok, everything’s up, links have been added to the first post of this thread. Sorry I'm not known for long back stories or plot lines, I prefer to let the players of the game come up with most of the plots of the game so don't expect too much. ^_^;