Interest Check-PF-Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh-Small Group

Started by National Acrobat, December 07, 2017, 03:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Acrobat

Greetings. I'd really like to get a group game going in Classic Greyhawk, and would like to test the waters to see if there is enough interest to recruit for a group that is small (3 players) to start off with the classic module U1-The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, and if things go well, move to the next module and perhaps end up with a Greyhawk Oriented Campaign.

I would take 3 players, and have the module already converted. I'm not a fan of extreme or non-con, so it would really be an adult version of a Greyhawk Campaign where the pcs live their lives as an adventuring party, and interact with the NPCs, fight the bad guys, spend the loot, and save the folks, all while having adult relationships, etc. I'd go 20 point buy, but likely start at second level, because converting the classic Greyhawk modules to PF makes the 1-3 Level modules fairly dangerous in a few spots.

The subsequent modules progress up in level to have the party end up around 7th by the time they are done which can then lead into some of the other Classic Greyhawk Modules.

If there is enough interest, I'll throw up a recruiting thread.

Thanks for looking.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: National Acrobat on December 07, 2017, 03:33:17 PM
Greetings. I'd really like to get a group game going in Classic Greyhawk, and would like to test the waters to see if there is enough interest to recruit for a group that is small (3 players) to start off with the classic module U1-The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, and if things go well, move to the next module and perhaps end up with a Greyhawk Oriented Campaign.

I would take 3 players, and have the module already converted. I'm not a fan of extreme or non-con, so it would really be an adult version of a Greyhawk Campaign where the pcs live their lives as an adventuring party, and interact with the NPCs, fight the bad guys, spend the loot, and save the folks, all while having adult relationships, etc. I'd go 20 point buy, but likely start at second level, because converting the classic Greyhawk modules to PF makes the 1-3 Level modules fairly dangerous in a few spots.

The subsequent modules progress up in level to have the party end up around 7th by the time they are done which can then lead into some of the other Classic Greyhawk Modules.

If there is enough interest, I'll throw up a recruiting thread.

Thanks for looking.

*plants big interest flag*
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Hexed

Sounds neat. Will admit to not really knowing much about Greyhawk though. Any suggestions on a setting book to try getting a hold of?

National Acrobat

Quote from: Hexed on December 07, 2017, 04:35:26 PM
Sounds neat. Will admit to not really knowing much about Greyhawk though. Any suggestions on a setting book to try getting a hold of?

For fluff and setting information I use the 1983 Boxed Set Books, I don't use the Greyhawk Wars, After the Ashes or the 3E and 4E supplements.

For PF related material, non-Golarion Related Material is used for character creation, but that can be more specific if and when a thread goes up for recruitment.

Basically it's the 1e setting done for PF. If we get to the character submission point, I'll give out more specifics.

Mister Ugly

<chuckles> That takes me back! I remember modules from that era fondly....never ran or played Salt Marsh so I would be thrilled to do so!

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

National Acrobat

Alright, I think there will be enough interest to attempt recruitment. I'll open a recruitment thread and see how it goes.