The Death of Innocence (Fighter Pilot RP)(Ace Combat)

Started by Vostroya, November 20, 2012, 04:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vostroya

Lemon Lime

yay! I'll start working on a character and then post it up here asap! :D
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Lemon Lime's O/O          Lemon Lime's A/A

Lemon Lime

I hope this works. I used to watch my boyfriend play the game but not that often. I did a lot of reading and this should work. :) Let me know if I should add/change anything.

Name: Paloma L. Olek
Callsign: Stingray
Nationality: Sapin (defected to Osean)
Weight: 138lbs
Height: 5’9”
Physical Description: Long and lean with brown hair and light brown eyes. She is tall, with a muscular tone but built like a long distance runner. Enough muscle and more thin than curvy but fills out proportionately in all the right places.

Background:
There wasn’t a time in Paloma’s life in Sapin where there didn’t have some kind of conflict going on. Whether it was with Surrounding countries and territories or with itself. It seemed there was always some fight or if there was nothing happening the air seemed to feel thick with mistrust.

Paloma, lead a relatively normal life, it felt normal to her. She had known nothing else than hostility with neighboring countries and had always assumed she would go into the military. Her father had and so had her 2 older brothers. Her mother hated it and always prayed for peace to come as opposed to winning, she just wanted it to stop. When she got older Paloma trained physically and mentally for the military, having a family that did it all she had support but her mother pushed her to go to college and become a doctor or nurse. Something to help people, not hurt them. Her parents would bicker over whether it was “defending the kingdom' or outright attacking other people.

Eventually Paloma went to a military university where she was trained to be a pilot as well as receive an education in engineering. A very gifted young woman and after graduation joined the Sapin Military. Her skills as a pilot were improved and she was better known for her tactical support than her outright offensive strikes. She was given the name “stingray” for being sneaky and deadly fast when she actually did strike.

She slowly rose in the ranks and as hostilities grew in her own country and the civil war broke out she had enough. Both sides were viciously angry and she couldn’t side with either of them. Watching her people bomb, threaten, and kill each other made her sick. She did not believe that they should be hurting themselves and that was when her and one of her brothers made one of the hardest decisions and left Sapin for Osean after contacting officials over there to join their military programs. It took time to earn trust but with hard work, excellent credentials, and great skill she was accepted among them. It was a hard transition to make, leaving her home, country, and friends but it had been for the best. Her brother was with their army and she with the air force. Her Father and oldest brother resented them both, never speaking to them ever again.
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."

Chaeronea

Okay, finally got my character's details written up! Here goes...

Name: Dane Riley
Callsign: Tomcat
Nationality: Osean
Weight: 180 lbs
Height: 6' 1"

Physical Description: Dane Riley has thick black hair, green eyes with gold flecks (which become more noticeable when he is angry), regular features and a lean wiry build. He has a charming but rarely-seen grin when he is amused or trying to flirt with a woman who's attracted his interest, but a more common expression on his face is either a frown of concentration or, when he truly angry, a furious scowl that has been known to make Marines take a step back.

Background: The Riley family has been working with machines since the Industrial Revolution, and Dane's father was no exception. Lucas Riley had started out as a car mechanic but joined the Osean Air Force in order to parlay his skills into training as an aircraft mechanic. By the time Dane was in his early teens his father was a maintenance crew chief for an Osean fighter squadron. With his father able to provide ready access to the flight line and the hangared jets, the normal interest most boys felt towards jet fighters became something stronger in Dane, to the point where he was considering leaving the family tradition behind in favour of becoming a fighter pilot. However the idea of a steady job as an engineer or mechanic held its own appeal, especially knowing his father and two older brothers would probably be happy to act as study-buddies.

That situation suddenly changed in 2004 in the wake of a terrorist attack. Dane's mother was among a number of civilians killed and his younger sister was left paraplegic and comatose in the wake of a bomb blast which the Falcons of Dawn quickly claimed responsibility for. The young man had never been fond of Belka with what he'd read of the country in history books of the various wars it had waged against Osea, and the war stories he had heard from fighter pilots in his father's squadron about missions against Belka hadn't eased his opinion. But the deaths of his loved ones at the hands of the fanatically pro-Belkan terrorist group fanned Dane's mistrust into full-blown incandescent hatred, and any thought of an engineering career was ruthlessly shoved aside in favour of Dane's burning drive to join his country's armed forces, despite the protests of his father and brothers. As he told them bluntly, they could help him on his path or they could get out of his way.

At the age of eighteen, in the year of the Circum-Pacific War, Dane Riley entered the Osean Air Force Academy. Hanging around the flight line where his father had worked during his military career had given him some idea of military discipline, but experiencing it first hand was still a shock. Still the young man settled into military life quite well although he did keep a couple of habits from civilian life. One was his enjoyment of tinkering with mechanical devices, and he took a great deal of interest in learning technical details about the aircraft and weapons used by the Osean Air Defence Force. Another was his habit of listening to hard rock music, which ultimately led to Dane gaining his callsign - one of the training NCOs complained (loudly) that the music playing in Cadet Riley's room during study periods sounded "like the yowling of a tomcat in heat". Needless to say the nickname Tomcat stuck with Dane throughout his academy years and, when he graduated, that became his callsign.

At the time of his transfer to the 1st Foreign Fighter Squadron, Dane Riley has been serving as a pilot in the Osean Air Defence Force for two years, and while he has developed his skills in the cockpit he hasn't improved his attitude towards Belka or its people, even earning black marks on his record for having a poor attitude towards several fellow OADF officers of Belkan descent. His previous commanding officer succinctly described the young aviator as having "the reflexes of a mongoose, the aggression of a mountain lion and the tact of a sledgehammer to the face." On the surface a transfer to the 1st Foreign Fighter Squadron was a testament to Dane's skill as a pilot. However it was also a test for the young man - he would have to either bring his anger towards anything Belkan under enough control to serve in a squadron commanded by an OADF officer who was also a Belkan defector, or he would have to leave the Defence Force in disgrace for refusal to obey a superior officer.

Lemon Lime

So is this still going on or...? It's been silent and I wasn't sure what was going on. :)

Vostroya

I was waiting on everyone to finish up their characters, so I'll give it another day or two then if no one else posts we will start.

Chaeronea

So what's the verdict on my character, Vostroya? You did say you wanted rivalry and tension among the characters :) Seriously, I'm not going to be deliberately disruptive or a complete jerkass during the game, but the mention of the Falcons of Dawn brough back memories of when I was playing Dane in a Macross RPG, and the CO being Belkan was just icing on the cake. Still, if you think he'll be too disruptive I can come up with a new character.

Vostroya

I like the idea you gave. It could provide some very good "Conversations" between the two of them. Especially in the beginning of the RP when your character is figuring out how far he can go without reprisal.

Lemon Lime

Okay! I didin't want to be pushy or anything just checking in. :D

I think the rivalry will be fun. Always adds a dash of fun drama.

Vostroya

Just waiting for one character to finish updating their character and we can start the action!

AribethAmkiir

Sorry if you were waiting on me just finished up the details on my character.

Vostroya

Awesome, tomorrow I will have the intro post up for the game, thanks all for sticking with it!

Vostroya

Ok everyone the incharacter introduction is done! Lets get this party started!

Main Story

I also made an OOC for everyone to chatter in.

OOC

Vostroya

Still very early into the story if anyone wants to still jump in!  ;D