Starfox 2: "What If?" Role Play

Started by The Exiled, April 01, 2010, 07:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Exiled

There comes a time each year when my fanaticism for Starfox gets the better of me. What I am proposing is a group role play, rated PG-13, based on the strategy and lost fanfare of the canceled game, "Star Fox 2." The first setting is the lush, yet heavily populated world of Corneria after the original Starfox, where anthropomorphic creatures (a.k.a. furries) live as happily as they can in the midst of advanced technology, stricken each generation with interplanetary war. Our personally created anthropomorphic characters would each play their own unique roles in this society, as chosen by their player for the opening of the story in a time of peaceful days and raucous, party-filled nights. Our hero has always been Fox McCloud, but in this story, he and his wing-mates, Falco Lombardi and Peppy Hare, have died defeating Andross in the original Star Fox game in this setting of my own "What If?" Katt remains a non-playable character, and recruits the Starfox 2 characters Fay and Miya into a whole other non-playable team of female pilots for later appearance in the story.

Slippy Toad remains to tell the tale of the great war, and inherit the many perks and burdens his deceased team have left behind. He rarely sets foot on Corneria, feeling more comfortable in orbit where he can develop newer, more user friendly Arwings for the fighter pilots of the future as a hobby, while designing racing vehicles as a powerful career. He is a prominent non-playable character in this story I am proposing, and is something of a wise man. War will strike Corneria when all of our characters are introduced and have time to move around in the story, showing unique potentials as fighters by surviving an ambush on Corneria I won't spoil the details of yet. Each survivor will be challenged individually, and overcome difficult odds and possible personality conflicts to band together and be rescued from the raided planet by Slippy to be recruited and trained away from the war while it is being lost. The remainder of story will be dedicated to retaking Corneria in a bid to free it from the tyrannical rule of Andross. This will take place in space, in the sky, in the water and on the ground as infantry.

I offer that this role play will be so descriptive and literate, that even those unfamiliar to the Starfox games will have something to gain from the story, and introduce their own enemies into play. But I also promise to restore the glory of the old bosses of Starfox game play, and give veteran Starfox players a chance at feeling nostalgic.

Please do post with your input on the matter if you wish. I am in the mood to brainstorm and make the most of this idea, and work together with others to make it a PG-13 group role play worth remembering and returning to.

pendarious

ok so yeah i'm in if anyone else ever joins.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

TheGerbilyOne

Definitely a fan of the Games, and up for giving it a go.