Name: Dion Mckenzie

Player ID: Eiselmann

Position: Pilot

Height: 184 cm
Weight: 89 kg
Hair Colour: As per Photo
Eye Colour: As per Photo
Build: As per Photo

Modifications: 2 percent feline DNA 3 percent Eagle DNA and 3 percent Cybernetic Modification specifically to help with reaction time
Distinguishing marks: none

Sexuality: Straight

Skills: Extremely quick reactions , even before the enhancements.
Fearless when flying , the more challenging the situation the more he embraces it.
Brilliant Mathematician , likes to challenge himself to plot a better course than the ships navigation system 

Weaknesses: Comes off as having a cavalier attitude : when flying ,that manifests itself in an over-confidence that the vessel he's flying can do what he's about to do to it.

I fly the thing I don't make it work: He's quite capable of rolling up his sleeves and doing repairs when there's no alternative , it just always sounds like a lot of work so he avoids it. This can also manifest itself in an avoidance of many other duties away from his core role. (not to the point of refusing an order, more a case of  not volunteering for extra work)

Difficult to get a proper read on this guy and as such can be quite polarizing. Simply because of his nature he 'nudges' protocols of behavior, not in a subversive way (hes military he understands military discipline and the need to obey orders) , more a tendency to seem to be having fun when everyone else is under stress. Away from the pilot's chair and when off duty he lets the inner kid come out to play, and likes to prank. 

Likes:Football (soccer) and he will insist on calling it football even when others call it soccer .
Women...the more the merrier
Trifle....HMMMM Trifle. Trifle while flying.

Dislikes: People who find him things to do.
Those who take themselves way too serious
Cabbage. He likes to think that he has a great sense of humour but there are limits....and limits thy name is cabbage.

Personality: Infuriating , that's Dion in one word. He would never disobey a direct order but if he disagrees with it that will be clearly shown on his face. The more challenging a situation the more likely he'll make a flippant remark , this can aggravate in cases of life and death situation where he doesn't seem to be taking things seriously.

He can be seen to be arrogant in his self confidence as a pilot , however he can also back that up.

He can work hard but prefers not too.

He'll pull pranks on anyone thou he would never do so if it endangered anyone...its just he gets bored.

Saying that he is fiercely loyal to the people around him and will put himself in danger to save another without hesitation.

History:Dion was born in Auckland New Zealand, to English parents. His father had been a pilot in the RAF and had since left the military and became a civilian pilot for Air New Zealand. Dion had grown up wanting to be just like his father and had grown up spending hundreds of hours on flight simulators. When he was twelve he gained some international attention when he became the Top Ace in the World Championships of MMO games playing  'Air Combat' ,defeating over 15 million other contestants, including some of the top pilots in various Air forces around the world.

From his mother he developed a love of Mathematics and while he was decidedly average on other subjects at school it was Maths were he found himself soon excelling. At 15 he completed his Bachelors degree in Applied Mathematics, at 17 he had his masters degree. All while struggling to understanding why Shakespeare was required reading and not getting why his description of Napoleon Bonaparte as a 'short dead guy'  was not sufficient an answer to 'Who was Napoleon Bonaparte' . He also got his Pilots License at 16. Thou had to repeat the 'Safe Flying' section of the flight training three times.

Still his overall grades where high enough to graduate from High School at the age of 17. His mother hoped he would start a PHD , his father hoped he might become a pilot. Just after his 18th Birthday he went to England and joined the Royal Air Force.

At twenty he agreed to the modifications simply because he'd seen the improvement being modified had in others ,and Dion was driven to be the best. Still in truth it wasn't the easiest decision he ever made and three years later he still sees it as something he had to do rather than something he wanted to do.

When the aliens arrived in '97 , the RAF like all of Earths Various Armed forces were overwhelmed at first, however in the skies over London one battle changed everything for what remained of the Royal Air Force. 22 British Pilots engaged with 42 Alien Craft. Only three loses were suffered while 36 Enemy were downed . Dion who at that point was one of the few 'Aces' around, took out ten of those craft.

At the time 'the Mission' was touted Dion was one of the top Ace's in the World, it was 'suggested ' to him that he volunteer , it didn't take long for Dion to agree.

Other Info:

Face Claim: Nathan Fillion

My O's and O's
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

jeflint

Chrystal,

By Character Playlist I mean a play list that describes the character. A musical score/soundtrack that accompanies them throughout their lives.

Rose Dandy-Ba is my Fennec Fox/Mink Hybrid in the Zootopia game and it's in the spoiler under the "Theme Music". I copied it here incase you didn't want to go to the link. But basically I took all the songs I thought would make sense for that character and threw them into a "track list" like the one you see below. :)

Like I said, it's something I do with all my characters. I respond to music pretty well and use it to get in the mood for a character or to recapture my muse when he's not being responsive. I like to put it up incase other players see it and go "Oh hey, we resonate on this frequency. Groovy." And it's gotta be groovy, cause really... what else would you say? :P

Character RP CD

Track NameArtist/AlbumMeaning
Move Your BodyEiffel 65 - EuropopGet up, get moving!
All Night LongLasgo - 538 DSH 2005-02You caught my eyes
Self ControlInfernal - Clubland Classix 2A night out on the town
Dante's Inferno Harmony Steel - Shadowrun RP ConceptExclusive club
Teach Me How To Rave Ghetto Lee Lewis- OC RemixKicking the party off
See Me, Feel Me Scooter - Who's Got the Last Laugh Now?Give me attention!
Heartbeat / Element of Love Daft Punk - EarthboundCan you match my jam?
I Close My Eyes FFR - OC RemixWe'll take it slow, at first
Pink Elephants on Parade DJ Jack - Remix SpecialDrop the base
House Leaves Neostorm - OC RemixRose spinning the track
Wallflower Divalola - Saints Row The Third K12 FMRose catches others eyes
In My Memory DJ Tiesto - In My Memory CDMLet's just cuddle
Angelfalls(Tortuga) DJ George Acosta - AwakeTrancing to the music
Welcome to the Future DJ George Acosta - AwakeDon't stop now
All about the Bass Meghan Trainor - TitleRose know's she's not tall/thick, don't hate
Castles in the Sky (Clubbing Mix) Ian Van Dahl - Jam.Dance 2005Cocky Fenmink
Partical Beam Unknown - OC RemixFenmink parkouring to freedom
Butterfly Bassnectar feat Mimi Page - Reaching OutFenmink drifting through the air
F' You Singalongmotherf' mix Ottongo - Rave 'Til DawnThey only thing I drop is bass!
Shut up & Dance The Green Man -  Rave 'Til DawnCatch the thief
Blast Power Puppet Jivemaster - OC RemixRose still running
Radiology DJ Pretzel - OC RemixRose wants to go faster!
Skylight Overseer - Blade TrinitySecond Wind
The Game Of Love (E=MC2 Mix) Jenny Rom - The Game of LoveYou thought I was done?
Robo Booty Opiuo - Slurp And GurgleMy hips don't lie...
Encoder Pendulum -ImmersionYou wanna cuddle? Alright.
Aye Aye (Original Mix) Pogo -SoundcloudShhh... I'm getting comfortable
Halcyon On and On Orbital - Live at GlastonburyRose is a sleep...

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Chrystal

Sure, if you want to, I'm not going to say no...

Put it in the "other info" part of the character sheet.

However this is NOT something I'm expecting anyone else to do. You can if you want, that's all!

If anyone has any suggestions or requests like that, by all means please make them.

Still waiting to see whether I am going to be playing the commander or the linguist or both. I'd rather not play both because there needs to be some friction between the characters!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

jeflint

Name: Amilya Morgan (The Ninth)

Player ID: jeflint

Position: Ship's Doctor/Medic/council

Height: 147.32cm
Weight: 56.7kg
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Build: Toned, but not athletic

Modifications: Minor Biogenetic enhancements:
1) Nanotech: Inserted to combat Amilya's rare blood disorder, also has minor capabilities of healing others
2) Reptile DNA: Amilya has minor recuperative ability from the reptile DNA spliced into her, it also limits the amount of body hair she generates and makes her skin and blood cold.
3) Memory Enhancement: to help her retain all her medical training
4) Designer Metabolism: to help combat her sweet tooth and emotional eating
5) Pheromone generation: to help comfort the sick and injured
Distinguishing marks:
1) Tattoo on Hip & Thigh
2) QR Code: Back of Neck at the hairline and normally completely covered by Amilya's hair.
QR Code Information
(Amilya Morgan
Blood Type: O Rh D negative blood
Batch: 001
Serial Number: 009
Creation Date: 20950613)

Sexuality: Pansexual

Skills:
1) MD in Physical Fitness
2) MD in Psychology
3) MD in Trauma
4) licensed Emergency Trauma doctor
5) Was the owner/operator of her own general practice in Sydney
6) Multi Linguist, being raised in Norway and Germany Amilya speaks Norwegian, German and English.
Weaknesses:
1) Anxious: Amilya often agonizes over the decisions she makes as the sole doctor of this ship.
2) Work-a-holic: Amilya spends much of her days when not with a patient or patients reviewing her files to make sure she didn't miss a critical piece of history and to learn as much as she can medically
3) Overly Critical: Amilya does not book failure in her clinic and she won't stop until a person's life is saved. Be they a clone or the captain.
4) Short: for someone with genetic enhancements it's often a joke that the good doctor has to stand on a chair to get some of her medical supplies
5) Kind Hearted: Amilya cares about those who come to her for help and she's not the most impartial of judges sometimes. She's always doing what she thinks is best for her patient however.
6) Cold Blooded: Amilya's Reptile DNA that's been spliced into her offers a few unique qualities, one of which is she gets cold and lethargic easily. She's known to be a good cuddler because she loves the warmth of others. Her quarters are humid and hot. The medical bay is as cold as she can make it for medical reasons, but still be awake for. Amilya outside of her quarters dresses in layers.

1) Singing: as a young girl Amilya had hopes of being an opera singer
2) Swimming: Amilya is like a fish and spends all her workout time swimming to keep in shape, or perhaps it's part of her reptilian DNA.
3) Chocolate: Being that her father was from Switzerland he instilled in her a love of gourmet chocolate. Amilya only eats the finest chocolate and is known to have several stashes hidden around the ship, woe be to the person who takes her dark chocolate.
4) Reading: Amilya when she has time is a voracious reader and will devour a book in a few days.
5) Travel: Amilya grew up in Europe and always had excuses to see the countryside and loves to see what's out there.
6) Painting: Amilya has several works in her quarters that she's been working on for years, while she's not the best painter she likes to paint when the mood strikes her.
7) Cuddling: Amilya is a cuddler and won't turn down hugs if she's not working. Partly from the warmth but also because she just likes to snuggle up to someone.
Dislikes:
1) Being teased: Amilya was a short child and spent much of her time studying to avoid being bullied. She hates to be reminded of her short comings
2) Bullies: Amilya does not get along with strong authority figures, they always make her think of bullies and she's likely to clash with them
3) Secrecy: Amilya hates keeping secrets from others. She believes everyone she treats should know the facts so they can make an informed decision.
4) Lying: Amilya hates to lie to others, all the worse because as a doctor she's had to lie to a small child about their chances of recovery all while easing their suffering.
5) Rereading: Because of her enhanced memory Amilya gets bored/tired of reading the same books over and over again.
6) Meat: Amilya for some reason hasn't been able to tolerate the taste of red meat for years, when her Reptilian DNA was changed to a herbivores her dietary tastes changed. She will eat meat as a last ditch effort but she'll eat literally anything else first.

Personality:
Amilya is a kind hearted individual and she genuinely cares for everyone she works with and treats. As a kind hearted doctor it is necessary for her to become clinically cold and detached and when she does that she has to seek solace in food, specifically chocolate, to make her feel better. While she has no love of authority, as a doctor she understands the chain of command and respects firm but polite leaders.

History:
Amilya doesn't normally talk about her childhood, and it's for good reason. While she has many cousins and uncles and aunts she has no siblings, no parents and no grandparents living.

Amilya's mother was a Norwegian woman who worked with the government as an Ambassador to other nations. It was on a particularly sunny day in Berlin when Anette Bolstad met Dietrich Morgan, a successful swiss banker who happened to live in Stuttgart. The two had a whirlwind romance and were soon married. Annette and Dietrich loved each other very much but genetically they weren't compatible to have children. Their first child was still born, a young boy they were going to name Emil. The doctors researched the child who had been still born, a rarity in Germany of 2065. Dietrich and Annette were hopeful that the doctor's could discover what was wrong.

They were contacted by the university that had been researching their case and explained that the parents had rare genetic anomalies that did not mix with each other. The doctor stressed that they should run further tests on the two and see if they could isolate what was interacting with each other in a detrimental manner. They continued to research and thought they had a solution a few years later. In 2068 their second child was born. A sickly boy they joyously named Heinrich. Heinrich however only lived a few months and soon passed away. Distraught Annette withdrew from working with the Norwegian government and visited her family. Her older sister suggested that Annette should try a doctor in Australia who was doing amazing things with genetics and nano-cellular technology. Annette booked a flight and a week later Dietrich joined her. They met the doctor and he explained that the procedure he was working on wasn't tested but if he could take one of egg and one sperm he could introduce into them DNA to help it combat the blood disease the doctor's had discovered from their genes. They both agreed and provided the samples the doctor needed. He implanted the fertilized enhanced egg into Annette. Nine months later Amilya was born in the summer of 2071, sickly and weak, but she was alive. Dr. Nguyen moved into the resident of the Morgan's and became the family doctor.

It was touch and go for the first year but Amilya slowly started to fight the blood disease she'd been born with in thanks to her slightly altered DNA and the heaping dose of nanotech she'd been injected with. The Nanotech specifically worked just like her white blood cells and would fight the rogue cells. Eventually Amilya's body was able to make its own white blood cells and the nanotech simply stayed in her system. By Amilya's fifth year she was just as happy as any normal child. If a little on the petite side.

She was entered into primary school and she was teased constantly for her bookish nature and her short stature. Amilya hated being constantly teased and so she soon learned to hide away in the library or elsewhere. Her general lack of activity led her to put on extra weight. And when she was being teased at school or after school Amilya would turn to sweets to make her feel better. This probably would have continued had Dr. Nguyen not admitted that when he was a young boy he had been born with a hearing problem that made speech difficult for him. He admitted that as a child he had a terrible stutter and his classmates had named him Porky after the looney tunes character. He'd been mad enough that he spent hours practicing singing and speeches, overcoming his stuttering.

Amilya now at the early ages of adolescence was slowly starting to blossom into a cute young girl. With Dr. Nguyen's help, and the advancements in medical advances Amilya's metabolism was sped up, in actuality, Dr. Nguyen adjusted her reptilian DNA to be more like a herbivore's diet and their quicker metabolism over the carnivorous DNA that had been originally used. Something he would not have been able to do in without the advances in the last few years. Amilya also became a local fixture at the local indoor heated pools. For swimming gave her the shape and confidence she wanted.

By the time Amilya was entering her sixteenth year she was happy with herself and her looks. Her parents had been away on a trip and had decided to take an extra day observing an island in the south pacific. Amilya was to join them in a few days when she got out on winter break. In the mean time the volcano on Antipodes Island had a massive eruption which triggered tidal waves to all the surrounding islands. Volcanologist's were expecting an eruption on the uninhabited islands but no one had expected an earthquake to trigger such a massive explosion. The devastation was most extreme within one hundred miles of the island, the supposed safe zone to watch the eruption. Amilya found out about the death of her parents during her biology final.

All the fortunes and business ventures that her parents had been involved in were held in a trust for her and handled by her aunts and uncles to manage until she was of sufficient age. Amilya took the loss of her parents hard but that was to be expected of any young girl. She sank into a depression and finished school, but she returned to the solace of food. Dr. Nguyen helped to guide and council her in her time of grief and at some point he got through to the young teen. With a resolute sniffle she decided to dedicate herself to helping others and making her parent's her motivation for improving other's lives.

Amilya graduated from her school with high marks and was already setting her sights on the most prestigious medical college in the world. Harvard University. With her grades, work ethics and money from her parents Amilya wanted for nothing. To her she didn't care about that. She donated a vast portion of the wealth she'd been given to various medical charities to help others and the rest she applied to her living and school expenses.

It wasn't all studies for the earnest young woman. During a practically wild kegger Amilya woke up with a large and intricate tattoo on her thigh and hip. She blamed her roommate Martha. It wasn't all bad though because of the tattoo she caught the attention of the captain of the Diving team. The two had an off again on again fling throughout Amilya's college days, and even stayed close after he started sleeping with Martha. Amilya found she really couldn't get mad at them because Martha had an ass anyone would go for. Even the normally straight-laced medical student couldn't help but admire the other woman's ass. And she had once drunkenly felt up her roommate on a dare, and because she really wanted to slap that thing and see it jiggle.

While at Harvard Amilya did the unthinkable and worked towards three degrees and she graduated in the summer of 2091 when she was only 20 years old. It was unheard of for a student that young to graduate with high marks in one let alone three degrees. While she didn't earn the highest marks her achievement got her several residencies. She selected one in Sydney Australia because she wanted to continue her swimming and she loved the weather in Australia. Amilya was just settling into her routine of being a doctor when in 2095 things went from good to worse. When Amilya's parent's had passed there was little need for a family doctor who lived on the estate with Amilya, she regretfully dismissed the good doctor and her closest friend when she graduated college. Now denied any additional income for his years of service Dr. Nguyen's sold his research notes on his genetic improvements, citing Amilya as his greatest work, so that others could benefit from his advancements and he could get a lucrative private sector research job.

The resulting in depth investigation that went into Amilya's background ruined the promising doctor. It was revealed that unlike the other students she had a comparative advantage in that she had memory enhancement genetics built into her and her nanotech and reptilian DNA allowed her to not get sick, thereby maximizing her ability to work and get the best results out of her studies. And the little bit about her enhanced pheromones devastated her social life. That was the most devestating to the kind hearted Amilya who had been set to marry a member of the Australian's Sydney Football Club. She'd really loved the dreamy blue eyes and scruffy blondish hair of the striker but the man believed that he'd been lied to and rejected her because of the media attention of the pheromones. As if those could explain all the chances she'd been given.

In the grand sceheme of things it was terrible for the young doctor. Her liscense's were temporarly suspended and she was unable to practice medicine without a pending investigation. Then the Aliens descended on earth, slaughtering and maiming and injuring so many. Amilya was unable to provide medical services, she could provide insight into what she was seeing but the ruling didn't allow her to proceed into the surgery theater to help save lives. Distraught Amilya reached out to all of her medical contacts trying to get her liscense granted in lieu of the emergency. Her plight made it's way to a high ranking doctor in the US government and they  saw no reason not to make use of Amilya's talents. They contacted the good doctor and told her that if she worked for them she'd be given back her liscense to practice medicine. Amilya agreed because without access to her clinic or ability to work in the emergency room she wasn't of assistance to the sick and the injured during the attacks.

She was escorted to Hawaii and instructed to what she was going to be done. At age 24 Amilya was cloned several times. Nine clones were deployed into the field, while the original was moved to a secure location where she could continue providing assistance and continuing her education to prove beneficial for any future medical necessities.

The military assigned a few nurses to the good doctor and sent her back to her home of Sydney to establish her own clinic, Amilya the Ninth, as she was lovingly/teasingly called by those military nurses that worked with her, was a hard task master when it came to treating the occasional soldiers sent to her clinic or any of the citizens that routinely came under her watch. Because of her hard work and dedication she was eventually selected for the mission into space. Though she wasn't really that thrilled to be going out into space she understood that for the greater good she would need to. She asked her nurses to tend to the clinic as best they could and asked someone to water her plants before she reported to the facility to be blasted off into space.

Other Info: Amilya is extremely ticklish on her feet and under her arms.
"The Good Doctor"Character RP CD

Track NameArtist/AlbumMeaning
Hungarian Rhapsodies No. 2 in C-Sharp Minor, S. 244/2: Lento a capriccio
Franz Liszt - Franz Liszt complete collectionThe courtship of Annette and Dietrich
Evolutionary MeansRussell Cox - OC RemixScience saves a baby
Forever AutumnMoody Blues - Greatest Hits Touch and go childhood
Sour Times Portishead - ElectronicaBookworm Amilya
Harden My Heart Quarterflesh - The best of QuarterfleshStop teasing me!
City Theme Vanessa Mae - Vanessa Mae CD 1Part Fish?
Kyuutii Hanii (Cutie Honey) Ichirou Mizuki - Nagai Go - Club JamA beautiful young woman
Malone Lives Quarashi - JinxHighschool life
Carol of the Bells Hayley Westenra - Christmas musicWhat's so merry about Christmas?
Send me no wine Moody Blues - Threshold of a DreamRecovery from trauma
I Like Chopin Remix Unnown DJ - Classical Techno RemixesResolution to become a doctor
I'm a Pioneer Pioneer Anime - PANIMEI won't settle for just one MD...
Kekkou Kamenno Uta (Kekko Kamen) Go Nagai - Nagai Go - Club JamThe grind of a dedicated doctor
What I want Funkoars (Feat. Hilltop Hoods) - The Greatest HitsAmilya's her own type of woman
In the Hall of the Mountain King Edvard Grieg- DubgenieAmilya's residential grind
Pompeii E.S. Posthumus - UnearthedDr. Nguyen's betrayal
Zerospace Kidney Thieves - Kidney ThievesAliens wrecking the planet
Polyhymnia Scout McMillian - Saints 4Clashing ideals, Amilya and the Military
(I) Can, Can (You?) Vanessa Mae - StormOne Original and nine clones
Fly like an Eagle Seal -  Space Jam OSTNumber 9 spreads her wings
Angel Massive Attack - Snatch OSTSpace? Are you... oh, you're serious.
Tsuyoki Monoyo (Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen) Go Nagai - Nagai Go - Club JamBoldly going where I'm terrified to go
Fur Elise Remix Beethoven - Classical Techno RemixesDoctor Amilya Morgan reporting for duty, I guess.
Dust in the wind Sarah Brightman - Love MoodsThe life of a clone
Kiss from a Rose Seal - Batman Forever OSTIt's always hard giving bad news
Can't You See Clearly Now? Akari Kaida & Yoshino Aoki - Breath of Fire III OSTPrecious downtime
Let's Go With a Smile Hitoshi Sakimoto -Breath of Fire V OSTPutting your best bedside manner forward
Who Am I? Peace Orchestra - Animatrix OSTThe question of a clone, and a woman

Face Claim: Fan Art of Overwatch's Angela Ziegler/Mercy

Jan's Ons / Offs page

Chrystal

If anyone else wishes to create a clone character, please note that all clones will be tattooed with a QR-Code, that contains their genetic origin, their batch number and unit number, and the imprint set that needs to be used to give them consciousness.

I found a great little on-line QR-code generator that allows you to generate a text based code and save it as a jpeg.

http://www.qr-code-generator.com/

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Xerial

[This space is intentionally left blank.]

jeflint

I can totally see Amilya happily conversing with Jacob in German, her native language.

Any chance he's published papers on any medical/technology for medicine? If so Amilya would remember Herr Marino with her enhanced memory. 😊

Chrystal

Quote from: Xerial on August 15, 2016, 06:54:13 AM
Name: Jacob Marino

Player ID: Xerial

Quote from: Chrystal on July 29, 2016, 10:40:07 AM
Character Creation

Please Note: All character sheets are to be PMed to me (Chrystal) for approval BEFORE being posted here.

Please copy the character sheet into a PM and send it to me, then delete the post, thanks.

The reason I ask this is so that I can discuss the character with you in private, and not have the recruitment thread cluttered up with character sheets that are not approved.

There is one major concern I have, before even mentioning anything else, which you might want to do something about before sending me the character:

Quote from: Xerial on August 15, 2016, 06:54:13 AM
Link to player Ons / Offs page: [/url] In all this time, never got around to one.

Quote from: Chrystal on July 29, 2016, 10:40:07 AM
Link to player Ons / Offs page - This is mandatory. I will not be responsible for someone doing something to your character and you saying "I don't like that!" if you don't have an o/o page. Equally I will not accept "I'm up for anything". Everyone has a limit, and if someone reaches yours and you haven't said what it is, then that is your own fault. Please link to either an O/O page or your preferences matrix.

I will not accept a player in a group game who does not tell me what their hard limits are, nor what their specific ons are.

I have one friend who actively enjoys having her characters killed in as brutal a manner as possible, and yet sexual role play turns her off completely. Everyone has limits, things they would not enjoy being done to their character. If someone finds one of your hard limits in my game, and you have not listed it, then it is entirely your own fault, I will not be held responsible, nor will I hold any other player involved to be responsible.

Xerial

I see Jacob less about publishing papers than about challenging them. If he is published it would be on some wildly esoteric subject such as using termite colony structures to predict long term climate change, or cheese appreciation.  ;D

Kythia

How does he challenge them if not by writing a rebuttal?

jeflint

Quote from: Xerial on August 15, 2016, 05:42:40 PM
I see Jacob less about publishing papers than about challenging them. If he is published it would be on some wildly esoteric subject such as using termite colony structures to predict long term climate change, or cheese appreciation.  ;D

Hmmm, I suppose that's fair enough. Was just wondering if Amilya and Jacob might have shared history. The world of Academia scholars tend to bump into one another.

Chyrstal,

It's ok to update our Offs & On's during play right? I know I update my Offs & Ons based on a game. I was playing Spies in monster town and didn't realize until I was speaking to a GM how much something turned me off (infertal futa) as soon as I realized I updated my O/O's but that came about via dialogue before a game. I figured I'd read O/O threads as they were posted, I think Eislemann's is broken the link doesn't seem to go anywhere.

eiselmann

I think you are right will get that sorted...

edit sorted.

Edit on the edit its not complete however the hard off's are in there
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

jeflint

jeflint

Well... I guess Amilya is probably not going to be on Dion's list since she's short. :P I was actually debating making her 5'10" but I don't like to play tall female characters, unless I'm going to do a slow shrink to be dominated by the partner, but not a lot of people like transformative fetishes like me. **shrugs** So long as I get to be the sub I'm happy. :P

noodlebloom

Quote from: Chrystal on August 12, 2016, 04:20:03 PM

Cool. You realise that this role requires probably the most imagination? Because you are going to have to come up with all the various technobable related to the gyrazamagogle that spins inside the scrabatroblic disproxic field and creates the psuedentific waves that push the ship through Mu-space.... .... Er..... Or whatever...!

No, but seriously, the tech is the thing... Science-fantasy technology is like a cross between Star Trek and Lord Of The Rings. (Heh, given that the Stargates are rings, that's quite apt!) So, if you think you can handle that I'll be glad to have you aboard.

Whoops, sorry for the late reply, I've been dodging the floods. Anyway, yeah, that's what excited me about playing the engineer! I'm actually going into the field IRL, so it's double good. I'll go ahead and get the character sheet made up and PMed to you.

Chrystal

Quote from: jeflint on August 15, 2016, 07:18:58 PM
Chyrstal,

It's ok to update our Offs & On's during play right? I know I update my Offs & Ons based on a game. I was playing Spies in monster town and didn't realize until I was speaking to a GM how much something turned me off (infertal futa) as soon as I realized I updated my O/O's but that came about via dialogue before a game. I figured I'd read O/O threads as they were posted, I think Eislemann's is broken the link doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Of course. You can't think of everything that might turn you off and certainly can't list everything that turns you on! There may well be things that you simply haven't imagined were possible, that might turn you off or on...

All I ask is that, if someone does something to your character that you don't like, please PM them and ask them to change it as quickly as you can, and copy me in on the PM. And if you do add something to your O/Os, it would be polite to post to the OOC to say you have done so, that way people will know to check.

Equally (and this applies to everyone), if someone does PM you and ask you to change a post, please do so, but also please keep me informed (Rule 13).

Also Jeflint, thanks for spotting that link. Proves I'm not being thorough, because I should have tested it myself. LOL. Eis, thanks for fixing it buddy!

Quote from: noodlebloom on August 16, 2016, 01:36:57 PM
Whoops, sorry for the late reply, I've been dodging the floods. Anyway, yeah, that's what excited me about playing the engineer! I'm actually going into the field IRL, so it's double good. I'll go ahead and get the character sheet made up and PMed to you.

No worries. RLCM. Looking forward to seeing it. Please note the slight change to the notes:

History: A lot of people have trouble writing the history. I have supplied a basic outline of the last 22 years. If you want some suggestions, please ask me. Note that anyone who was on the original mission to Proxima Centauri will be at least 45 years old (not 50, due to time dilation), possibly older, and thus disqualified from the mission on age grounds. At least two paragraphs of a decent size please. Again, the more you write the more likely I am to accept the character. Please remember to include what your character was doing on 9th February 2095, the day the Enemy attacked Earth, how they survived, and what their reaction was, also what they have been doing sinse and whether they have any experience fighting the aliens.

eiselmann

Please remember to include what your character was doing on 9th February 2095, the day the Enemy attacked Earth, how they survived, and what their reaction was, ...............

Do you want me to add a bit in my bio around the events of the day ?

My ons and offs link

Chrystal

You did:

QuoteWhen the aliens arrived in '97 , the RAF like all of Earths Various Armed forces were overwhelmed at first, however in the skies over London one battle changed everything for what remained of the Royal Air Force. 22 British Pilots engaged with 42 Alien Craft. Only three loses were suffered while 36 Enemy were downed . Dion who at that point was one of the few 'Aces' around, took out ten of those craft.

That is sufficient, You have given us enough information to say he was in the RAF, he was involved in the air-to-air combat between human and alien craft and he took part in a cruicial battle.

And that's all I really need from anyone. What I don't want is for characters to have no reference to the events, and for the invasion to have had no influence on them. The attack took place two years ago, and profoundly changed the course of the future! No-one - even a hermit living in a cave in Tibet, would be unaffected by the attack.

Kythia

Could you expand a little on what actually happened in the invasion?  All there is is two little sentences buried in the middle of a paragraph:

QuoteThe full might of the Enemy's ships turned towards Earth. Humanity had very little warning of the assault and millions died

and its pretty hard to know what to do with that.  Quite honestly, I missed/forgot it first time and second time I read it as an orbital bombardment (Ships came to Earth.  Millions died.  No mention of an "invasion" per se) but then Eiselmann's write up doesn't gel with that.  Was there ground combat?  Did they land?  Did we invade their ships?

jeflint

Happy to help Chrystal. :) I tend to click on a lot of my fellow players links to just get to know more about them. I'm kinda nosy at times.

Question does this count for enough information about the attack/war for Amilya:

It would have been worse for the young doctor had Aliens not popped out of hyperspace a few months later. The US government saw no reason not to make use of Amilya's talents and told her that if she worked for them she'd be given back her three degrees. Amilya agreed because without access to a clinic she wouldn't be of assistance to the sick and the injured and she'd not been allowed into the clinic she'd been finishing her residency at or even take any emergency calls while she'd been in Sydney.

She was escorted to Hawaii and instructed to what she was going to be done. At age 24 Amilya was cloned several times. Nine clones were deployed into the field, while the original was moved to a secure location where she could continue providing assistance and continuing her education to prove beneficial for any future medical necessities.

If it's not I'll expand it a bit. In my mind Amilya tried to be a doctor but she wasn't allowed because she'd had her licenses and degrees stripped from her, forbidding her from practicing medicine.

Chrystal

Quote from: Kythia on August 16, 2016, 07:31:39 PM
Could you expand a little on what actually happened in the invasion?  All there is is two little sentences buried in the middle of a paragraph:

and its pretty hard to know what to do with that.  Quite honestly, I missed/forgot it first time and second time I read it as an orbital bombardment (Ships came to Earth.  Millions died.  No mention of an "invasion" per se) but then Eiselmann's write up doesn't gel with that.  Was there ground combat?  Did they land?  Did we invade their ships?

Yes, I will. I have been meaning to flesh out the time-line a little, I just haven't got around to it...

Quote from: jeflint on August 16, 2016, 07:37:05 PM
Happy to help Chrystal. :) I tend to click on a lot of my fellow players links to just get to know more about them. I'm kinda nosy at times.

Question does this count for enough information about the attack/war for Amilya:

It would have been worse for the young doctor had Aliens not popped out of hyperspace a few months later. The US government saw no reason not to make use of Amilya's talents and told her that if she worked for them she'd be given back her three degrees. Amilya agreed because without access to a clinic she wouldn't be of assistance to the sick and the injured and she'd not been allowed into the clinic she'd been finishing her residency at or even take any emergency calls while she'd been in Sydney.

If it's not I'll expand it a bit. In my mind Amilya tried to be a doctor but she wasn't allowed because she'd had her licenses and degrees stripped from her, forbidding her from practicing medicine.

It's enough. Feel free to expand it if you wish, after I add to the time-line... Which won't be now as I have to go.

Chrystal

Okay, a new and far more detailed history is under a spoiler in the opening post. Please have a read and if any of you feel the need to amend your characters' histories, please let me know.

I have been deliberately vague about loccations, because I want to allow creative freedom. Rather than specifying a list of places that were attacked, a list of places that landings were attempted and beaten off and a list of places that landings succeeded, i want people to be inventive.

This was actually my original intent in leaving everything deliberately vague. Eis' Second Battle Of Britain, fought in the skies over south east England, is exactly what I was hoping people would come up with!

You don't even need to be particularly specific. I would just like some acknowledgement in characters' back-stories that this earthshaking event took place and they actually noticed!

OR.... If they were out of the solar system at the time. That is an option.

Thanks!

Hazy Sky

I'm working on my character sheet at the moment. I'm still fitting the pieces together with this guy. Sorry it's taking a while.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chrystal

No problem Skyre. Things are moving slow. We still need at least one more player, to take either the commander role of the linguist role.

I could probably combine some roles - the ship's engineer could be the alien technology expert, and the commander could feasibly be the linguist. The marine guards are mostly going to be NPCs anyway. I'd just rather have the commander be a different player from the linguist...

Juggtacular