INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (3.5) [LOOKING FOR PLAYERS]

Started by Krayz, September 08, 2011, 05:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulthakptah

Why don't we just use max health instead of this? Your character is only 6 hit points away from having max hit points anyway.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, that is up to Krayz decide do we use max HP but why you care if I am 6 points off from max HP? As caster my HD is not anywhere near to skill monkeys, clerics and fighter types. So in end those classes receive more HP than I even if I would max mine while rest would follow fractions. Idea is that everyone has lots HP, but not quite max HP either.

ulthakptah

Zaer Darkwail

*shrug*

A kinda hard to make 75% from d4. Only one being result 3 and if go to 2 it means 50% of full HD. So extend I am equally close to max HP by % wise (missing few 25% from full HD) and others have same %. But the gap to max HP varies by size of the HD.

Snake

QuoteHowever I did look up the base save for multiclass characters in the players handbook and it said they are "cumulative" as in you add your levels of classes up with the good and bad saves to see where they are on the good bad save table. That's why there is a good bad save table. See Table 3–1: Base Save and Base Attack Bonuses.

@ Ultha: Wow uhm thanks! tbh that whole thing is really confusing to me. So basically you take whichever base save is highest in that situation?

Also, Snake from an RP standpoint your feral half-drow would almost seem unallied.  Like he is a one man wrecking ball and chaotic element in the city outskirts.  So it almost feels like a me against the world attitude.  Which might be fine or might be disruptive to the game.

@ esclavage: While that may be. Remember, Lolth herself actually LIKES chaotic elements in drow society; it keeps them on their feet, and paranoid, just the way she likes it.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on September 22, 2011, 12:24:49 PM
@ esclavage: While that may be. Remember, Lolth herself actually LIKES chaotic elements in drow society; it keeps them on their feet, and paranoid, just the way she likes it.

That is actually true, one popular Menzoberranza theories about why Drizzt is alive despite all things throwed at him is that Lolth watches over him, does he know it or not, just because Lolth likes mess up with drows heads and their lives with his existence (and overall where Drizzt is, there is conflict and chaos sooner or later).

Snake

And Dinirahc is so chaotic that hell he may even be favored by the spider goddess in minor ways. But I"m not counting on it. But it's a good stance to have :3

ulthakptah

I'm not sure what you mean, but you add up all the different base saves for each save. You have 13 levels of good fort, 13 levels of poor reflex, 12 levels of poor will, and 1 level of good will. You look all those up on the chart. 13 levels of good fort is 8, 13 levels of bad reflex is 4, then you add the 4 you get from your levels of bad will to the 2 you get from you one level of good will to get 6.

In conclusion your saves should be fort 8, reflex 4, and will 6

Zaer Darkwail

I would agree on fractional saves when multiclass between multiple base/core classes but PrC's usually break the mold already. Need take usually 5 levels or more in PrC before you can change to other PrC but that's me.

Snake

thanks Again Ultha. I appreciate it. math's never been my strong point T_T

esclavage

Right.  I do not have problem with your build or character concept, Snake.  What I was pointing out is how it sounds like he does not have a House affliation and does not want one.  Which seems against the basic concept of the game so far.  Please feel free to clarify if that is not the case.  I mean, honestly, I am all for a dangerous wild beast at the outskirts of town that Houses could try to sway to join their cause.  But I was commenting more on the concept actually being workable in the game framework.

And at the risk of sounding patronizing, remember the dice are just there to tell the story.  In the end, having fun interacting as characters and creating the story are the critical elements.  The dice simply allow us to illustrate how we picture our characters and how they face off against others.   :-)

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Snake

Well any divination cast on him (from a range so he can't spellfire it) would reveal his lineage as a matron's son. which one: I dunno yet

ulthakptah

Quote from: Snake on September 22, 2011, 12:47:04 PM
Well any divination cast on him (from a range so he can't spellfire it) would reveal his lineage as a matron's son. which one: I dunno yet
I wasn't aware that detect magic could be use to track ancestry  :P

Zaer Darkwail

There is spell called 'detect bloodline' from races of destiny which reveals person's lineage. It may not reveal matron mother's name but can tell one parent was 'full blooded drow woman, noble blood'.

Snake

@ Zaer: thx for clearing that up ;3

But that's how I did it.  Dinirahc is just is a pseudo-nym he gained. I'll have to give him a real name which isn't that hard really.. I was HOPING he could be a "forgotten" son of one of the player matrons but if not: it's cool.

ulthakptah

I'm well aware that there is a spell to do just about any thing. I was making a joke about it being a specific spell instead of any old divination spell.

Snake

Very funny *laugh*

So any suggestions on how to handle this? I was just going ot play it off like he's just recently returne dto whatever city it is (Menzo? the city in the "drow of the underdark"?)

Zaer Darkwail

It is city of GM's own design but it resemblances Erelhei-Cinlu, the city in Drows of the Underdark in structure.

Krayz

I like Zaer's system for HP, personally, but for the sake of convenience, round fractions down:

d4: 3 & 4
d6: 4 & 6
d8: 6 & 8
d10: 7 & 10
d12: 8 & 12

@Snake: Make sure to recalculate HP based on the guidelines given.

ulthakptah

whoo, 18 more hp than I rolled.

How are we deciding who goes in what house?

Krayz

Easy; we talk about it reasonably, like gentlemen :P

And as a side note, my character is finished, in his final form, and I truly believe in his ass-kicking potential.

EDIT: Maybe, in the spirit of drow-feminism, we should let the ladies pick which two males they want in their House?

Medical Miracle

I don't want to force anyone into a situation they don't want to be in (outside of the game! >:)). I'll post more information about my House soon so people can make a better decision.

ulthakptah

I'm fine with either, I would like to be on the same side as a caster though. If not it sort of makes my bloodstone weapons useless if I don't have someone to store a vampiric touch spell in them.

Krayz

Well, both sides will have a caster, seeing as how they have Matrons...

But in terms of other males, we only have one caster (Zaer), which means that would put you and Zaer versus Snake and I. But I still like the idea of having the Matrons choose.

ulthakptah

I meant an arcane caster. They still each get a cohort. Anyway having a house mage is a must so if they don't get Zaer they should make their cohort a arcane caster. So either way each house will have a mage and they can choose what players they want for themselves.