AVG set-up error.

Started by Blinkin, January 18, 2014, 08:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

It's me again gang.

We are trying to set-up AVG 2014 on a notebook with Windows 7 on it. We had a friend download it, and a butt-load of "extra's that we didn't need or want, but that's a secondary point.

When we tried to run the installer, we got an error message stating that an AVG set-up was already in progress and to finish that first.

The problem is... we don't know where said set-up might be and the system has been shut down 3 times since the download and don't actually see any reference to AVG except for an AVG Install Log that doesn't have anything in it. The set-up we tried came up on it's own.

So, anyone know where the sucker may be hiding or how to find it? The set-up in progress, that is.

We also have a "PC Utilities Pro" that tries to run and the only options that it gives us is to register it, which leads no where because we don't have an authorization number and can't get out of that screen at all. We're trying to uninstall that, but not having a lot of luck. It looks like it's part of AVG 2014 as a PC Utilities is listed on the site, so if that's installed... and several other things associated with AVG (Including a hijacker), where IS AVG???

Any help would be very gratefully accepted.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.