News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

I think Corki kinda falls off later in the game as well, mostly because his abilities don't scale so well. His autoattacking is great, especially with the bonus true damage, but when it gets to the point that his Q and rockets do comparatively negligible damage, eh...he doesn't suddenly become bad, but I think some of the other carries start to outshine him. Cait has similar issues, though her major attack abilities at least scale off of AD instead of AP so they don't fall off immediately like Corki's (which basically just serve to give him triforce procs before too long).

Graves is a nasty carry, though. I had one game with three feeding teammates go to something like 55 minutes of our team just holed up in our base farming and protecting the nexus as best we could, then my Graves and our AD Sion managed to get an ace and just completely crush their base in one fast fully-built charge. I really wish his smoke bomb were a little more consistent - I've had people shoot me outside the smoke while they were inside it far too many times for me to feel I can depend on it the way it's intended to work.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Revelation

I feel the only ability that falls off on damage for Corki is his Q. His Gatling gun skill actually has a bit longer range than his AA, so he can keep at range while firing it and his R scales off of .2 total attack damage mod, so there is some scaling there even if its not massive. Corki is more or less a great poker and does a solid amount of true damage. I think the only reason he seems to fall off is no attack speed or damage steroid. But he can poke all day long which is great. Though I just don't know how to build corki, I don't feel tri force is that great on him, I think I prefer the IE+PD combo for him.

Really I feel there are no horrible carries in the game, though I really don't like Cait. She just has no steroid, and her AD scaling skills are sub par mid game and after. She's not terrible.... I'd just prefer pretty much any other carry compared to her is all.In her bonus, she has the sexy cop skin which is the 3rd best skin for the ranged carries in the game :P

Shjade

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 28, 2012, 01:24:04 AM
Corki is more or less a great poker and does a solid amount of true damage. I think the only reason he seems to fall off is no attack speed or damage steroid. But he can poke all day long which is great. Though I just don't know how to build corki, I don't feel tri force is that great on him, I think I prefer the IE+PD combo for him.

Being a great poker with true damage bonus on his attacks is why triforce works pretty well: you just poke with rocket + AA, or Q + AA, get that triforce-boosted shot in there with his passive bonus on it, back off and do it again. IE is also great on him for that reason, of course. PD's not bad either. Get all three. ;p
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

Is there like a dictionary for DoTA style games, cuz this is like a whole new language for me to understand.  >.>
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

Let me Google that for you.

That page won't help you with most of what I said in my last post, though, which was mainly abbreviations for LoL-specific items (IE = Infinity Edge, PD = Phantom Dancer) and the standard reference to a character's left-most ability (the one hotkeyed to Q). More surprisingly it doesn't list AA either, which is just short for Auto-attack, aka: what your champion does when you right-click an enemy.

Long-form of what I said in my last post:

QuoteBeing a great long-range damage dealer with damage that ignores all forms of resistance on his basic attacks is why triforce works pretty well: you just attack from long range with rocket + auto-attack or phosphorous grenade + auto-attack, get that triforce-boosted shot in there from using abilities between attacks with his passive ability bonus on it, back off and do it again. Infinity Edge is also great on him for that reason, of course. Phantom Dancer's not bad either. Get all three. ;p

See also: the wiki.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Ziggs and Twitch.... I love them.  Volibear as well.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

The Golden Touch

Almost have the IP to get Miss Fortune... Yes, no, maybe? Or do I save for Cassiopeia...

-Steeples fingers and ponders-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Aaron Divine

Quote from: The Golden Touch on May 05, 2012, 10:38:41 AM
Almost have the IP to get Miss Fortune... Yes, no, maybe? Or do I save for Cassiopeia...

-Steeples fingers and ponders-

-Pokes and chuckles at her-

Both are pretty fun to play and are completely viable to use.

Shjade

Honestly, while I can't say I like his aesthetic much, I'd say wait for Varus to come out and see if he's any good first. He's likely going to be a better pick than Miss Fortune for ranged carry.

Cassi's also a fine choice.
◕/◕'s

The Golden Touch

Rocked hard with Miss Fortune. ;3 Cassi is definitely next.

Aaron Divine

Quote from: Shjade on May 05, 2012, 03:06:10 PM
Honestly, while I can't say I like his aesthetic much, I'd say wait for Varus to come out and see if he's any good first. He's likely going to be a better pick than Miss Fortune for ranged carry.

Cassi's also a fine choice.

I disagree on him being a good AD Carry.

AD Carry = Auto attack and at least some steroid.

His kit belongs top. He would counter a lot of top champions. He has too much use for his skills, to not use them in teamfights.

Just my opinion though.

Brandon

When I play Ms fortune its always as a counter pick. Her healing debuff can shut down the enemy AD carry and support and garantee kills later in game even with heavy healing. Problem is, thats really the only situation I find her the better pick. Personally I find Tristana to be my favorite AD carry followed by Vayne and then Graves
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Samael

People tend to think that support is a braindead job, although it is being done so badly so often that I feel that it's important that I bring this up:
Listen, if you are support, and yes, I know it's boring, then your job is to provide map visibility as well as helping to keep your AD alive.
That means: Get a few GP5 items, then buy -wards-, wards, wards, wards. Try to slowly edge towards some Aura items, Aegis, if your team needs some defense, Zekes, if your team has a lot of AD champions, (Don't get soulshroud. Bad item), Shurelyas is good if you need to get in and out of action fast, but wait till you upgrade to this item for a while, because you'll lose 1 GP5 item in the process (and you'll feel it). Will of ancients if your team is AP heavy.

Also, if you are support, learn to counter ward. -THIS- is important. Your jungler cannot gank, if you're not getting rid of the enemy wards. You're also supposed to sometimes encourage your AD to let the creep wave up and move closer to your tower, giving your jungler a better chance to gank.
Don't play it braindead, and don't go for support if you want to actually play AD/AP/etc. I've lost too many matches because of AD Kayle bot with AS Lulu, trying to outfarm each other, where no one ever buys a single farm. (I tend to jungle, if I'm not support, so this -hurts-).
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Brandon

Thats one way to look at it. I agree that wards win games but I find a good support is more then just the ward bitch and heal the carry role. For example I play Taric as support and I find hes a great ganker. Especially when paired with a great ganker like Sejuani or Trundle.

I think support, more then anything, needs to be flexible. Yes you have your main roles but you have a lot of other things you can do too. Dont be afraid to go into another lane to make they enemy burn their summoner spells or even help mid/top with a gank
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Samael

That comes with skill, experience and expertise, but what I'm talking about is the fundamentals of supporting.
Of course, after you have these things down, you can start to adapt to the situation on the field, but until that takes a while, and I've seen too many fail bots to think everyone can just graduate to that.

In fact, my last match I played a jungle Malph, and I couldn't gank bot once, because enemy Janna constantly warded all of our bushes, but the Support blitz never once bought a pink ward. Considering the enemy team was Janna+Vayne, i.e. ultra squishy, one ulti of mine would probably have meant double kill.

In the same vein I hate it when I check my team and find that "support" lulu went actually AP, which means she's got a few, weak items, no wards, and no GP5 item. Support needs to be learned like every other role, but due to how it doesn't get usually kills, it's considered a "useless" job, and everyone who is "forced" to play support, ends up terrible at it.

Brandon

That right there was your problem though. Everyone should be getting some wards, if you expect just the support player to do all the ward buying and placing your going to fail. For example if you knew that bottom lane was constantly warding why didnt you grab a pink ward or an oracles to counter it?

You have to play to your enemies strategy, not just follow the meta or play your own way.

Shjade

Quote from: Aaron Divine on May 05, 2012, 06:10:58 PM
I disagree on him being a good AD Carry.

AD Carry = Auto attack and at least some steroid.

His kit belongs top. He would counter a lot of top champions. He has too much use for his skills, to not use them in teamfights.

Just my opinion though.

He could probably do either well. I think he'd have a bottom lane somewhat similar to Ezreal's with all the poke options, but he could probably have a Teemo-ish top lane presence, too (except for the lack of shroom-protected lane pushing which, given his zero escape abilities, is a problem). Thing is, I don't know that his skills are going to be all that fearsome if he's not building for damage, and solo top building for damage with no escape abilities is asking to be ganked long and hard (just ask Morde). If he builds tanky, no one's going to care about his kit firing off in their face. Troublesome.
◕/◕'s

Samael

Quote from: Brandon on May 05, 2012, 10:55:55 PM
That right there was your problem though. Everyone should be getting some wards, if you expect just the support player to do all the ward buying and placing your going to fail. For example if you knew that bottom lane was constantly warding why didnt you grab a pink ward or an oracles to counter it?

You have to play to your enemies strategy, not just follow the meta or play your own way.
I warded baron and dragon constantly.
There is only so much gold you have as a jungler without being able to gank.
I thought it was bad as support, but I had no clue how tight money is when you're just relying on jungle mobs.
On the other hand when I'm playing support, I never leave base without at least 1 pink ward, just for this case, and even go back to buy a pink if I can't cover all of it.

The point is, counter warding is part of the game as support.
It's the tactical part of it, that's overlooked. You need to be up to date where others ward, and try to get rid of em.

Shjade

Quote from: Samael on May 05, 2012, 11:12:08 PM
It's the tactical part of it, that's overlooked. You need to be up to date where others ward, and try to get rid of em.

Or at the very least let your jungler know where the enemy has wards to clue him in as to which paths he should take to go unnoticed. It's why top-tier players often end up needing to go through the lane itself to get a gank instead of going through the jungle/river: you can't always afford to clear the enemy wards, but you can at least be aware of and work around them.
◕/◕'s

Brandon

Quote from: Samael on May 05, 2012, 11:12:08 PM
I warded baron and dragon constantly.
There is only so much gold you have as a jungler without being able to gank.
I thought it was bad as support, but I had no clue how tight money is when you're just relying on jungle mobs.
On the other hand when I'm playing support, I never leave base without at least 1 pink ward, just for this case, and even go back to buy a pink if I can't cover all of it.

The point is, counter warding is part of the game as support.

There are two problems with that. The first being that when your laners go back you should feel free to farm up all the creeps you can in their lanes. Secondly, why were you warding baron so early? You dont have to worry about him till late game, certainly not durin the laning phase which is when you're doing the majority of your ganks

Solstice

It is everyone's job to buy wards. People like to say that the support should take care of it mainly because they want to buy whatever gives them the most pluses so they can get overconfident, tower dive, and feed focus on their build.

That said, the support is generally expected to buy more wards than anyone else, and that's fine, but not warding is usually going to be getting you killed, and when you die because your lane didn't have wards up it is your fault, not the jungle's (who probably has more important things to spend their money on than wards anyway) or the support's.

As support I usually buy 2-4 wards every time I go back to base. As top or mid I typically buy one ward every time I go back during the laning phase, and then it depends on what I have room for. The only person who I feel can get away with buying few or no wards is your AD carry while they're laning with the support, but once laning breaks down even they should pitch in. Lots of well-placed wards more than pay for themselves and can easily win games.

I feel like a jungle should be able to have, roughly, one ward on the map at any given point in time, more if they're aggressively ganking or counter-jungling.

I mean, obviously it's also very situational thing. Top lane will want more wards if the enemy team's jungle is, say, Fiddlesticks or Hecarim, than if it was Amumu or Shyvana.
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

The Golden Touch

Serious LoL players are serious. >>;;; The game stops being fun after a while. I have frequently run across the "team leader" player more than once in the past week and wanted to shoot someone.

Please don't tell me how to play my characters. I practice with them until I can nearly do it in my sleep. And there is no fucking way I am going with Lux to top as Fortune. Uh... No. And solo-ing bot on Morgana... Yeah, that's harder than I thought.

Thanks... You make my gaming nights shitty because of your uncivilized bs. You Sir, are a fuckwad.

Shjade

Team leaders who actually know their shit are great to have around. I always start feeling lost later in the midgame/endgame; I'm just never where it seems like I need to be when I need to be there. The few games where someone's been on the team who could just tell me straight up "get here and do X" and it seems like a good idea, it's worked out pretty well.

The problem is that happens one in thirty times that someone's telling people to do shit, the other twenty-nine being people telling the team to do stupid shit like go for Baron when the entire enemy team is already pushing down mid and will almost certainly rush up to us on Baron when they realize we're all missing.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Me and Goldie thought this was funny.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Brandon

After experimenting with him a lot I have to agree with the general consensus regarding Darius. He's pretty overpowered as is. I found his ult to be the core issue with his strength and I think if it had a 90-120 second cooldown that didnt refresh after it was used to kill a champion it would be fine. I have no problem with a champion having an execute ability but one that refreshes when it kills a champion is to much

The other thing is his hemorage passive seems to be doing just a little bit to much damage compared with other on hit dots like Fizz's