Towns of Salem ~ OOC Thread

Started by persephone325, January 29, 2016, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

King Serperior

To be honest, I have no idea what poll option is best as I have never done this Salem Mafia before.  >.>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on February 14, 2016, 06:37:54 PM
To be honest, I have no idea what poll option is best as I have never done this Salem Mafia before.  >.>

If you're not sure, then it might be best to keep it old school.

Does the explanation of the Salem way of voting confuse you?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

King Serperior

I'll have to look back to take a look if it was explained in this thread.  I don't recall seeing the actual voting rules in the first couple of posts.  Then again, I have have missed that part.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

Quote from: persephone325 on February 12, 2016, 04:21:05 PM
How it works in the actual flash game is that if the first person on the chopping block isn't lynched, then they vote someone up again. Could be the same person, or a different person. That's if there's still time left in the day phase. Though I do feel if we did it that way, the game would drag on for (potentially) months. So I don't think I'll do it that way. Just one nomination a day. IF we go this route.

Guilt is determined by majority vote again. If guilty votes are higher than innocent ones, then the person is lynched. People who abstain don't count for either side. In the event of a tie, the person is exonerated.

The who to lynch votes are public in the thread. Guilty or innocent (or abstaining) votes are sent in via PM to me. Then I tally them up and post the results in the thread, along with who voted for what. Kind of like how it's done in the Hilter game, or Resistance.

That's if we decide to do it like this.

I posted this a few posts ago. I hope it helps you. If not, I don't mind explaining it further.
I don't know.

King Serperior

Ah!  While I don't know about a game going on for months on end, I do like the way you have everything set up.  So, months long game aside, it games the 'KS Stamp of Approval and Understanding."

Thanks for the direction!   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on February 14, 2016, 08:41:19 PM
Ah!  While I don't know about a game going on for months on end, I do like the way you have everything set up.  So, months long game aside, it games the 'KS Stamp of Approval and Understanding."

Thanks for the direction!   :-)

No problem!

I should probably clarify; if we do the Salem version of voting, we'll only do one majority vote per round.
I don't know.

King Serperior

So, similar to how Red's DC Mafia went in regards to lynching, but with your own twists plus Salem's roles?   That makes it so much easier to wrap my mind around.  *nods*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

RedPhoenix

One nomination a day sounds like a good way to keep things moving! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Mintprincess

Works for me. I'm pretty go with the flow.

persephone325

If anyone's wondering, I was the one that voted for "Other". Just so I didn't need to hit "Edit Poll" to see the results. I didn't want people to look at the results without voting and just going with the majority.
I don't know.

RedPhoenix

Oh wait. I think I meant to vote for the other one. :(

persephone325

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 14, 2016, 11:17:42 PM
Oh wait. I think I meant to vote for the other one. :(

The other one being...?
I don't know.

RedPhoenix

I think I meant to say "keep it old school."

I uh, have already failed at this game. X.x

persephone325

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 14, 2016, 11:20:46 PM
I think I meant to say "keep it old school."

I uh, have already failed at this game. X.x

Can you delete your vote?
I don't know.

King Serperior

Voted Old School under the assumption that that was the once-lynch-per-day sort of gameplan.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

RedPhoenix

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on February 14, 2016, 11:25:53 PM
Voted Old School under the assumption that that was the once-lynch-per-day sort of gameplan.

Yeah. That's how all the other mafia games have done it. In other words, the game won't progress until someone is lynched.

The new version (Towns of Salem version) just needs a majority vote to put someone on the chopping block and everyone votes "guilty", "innocent", or they "abstain". Done this way, someone could be put on the chopping block and exonerated. However, regardless of the outcome the game will progress to the night phase.
I don't know.

Mintprincess

Quote from: persephone325 on February 14, 2016, 11:30:32 PM
Yeah. That's how all the other mafia games have done it. In other words, the game won't progress until someone is lynched.

The new version (Towns of Salem version) just needs a majority vote to put someone on the chopping block and everyone votes "guilty", "innocent", or they "abstain". Done this way, someone could be put on the chopping block and exonerated. However, regardless of the outcome the game will progress to the night phase.

In dungeon crawl we had a deadline so if no one was lynched we would move on. 
I the game won't progress unless someone is lynched does it still need a majority or hey, you have three votes and that is the most so you are it ?

persephone325

Quote from: Mintprincess on February 14, 2016, 11:34:05 PM
In dungeon crawl we had a deadline so if no one was lynched we would move on. 
I the game won't progress unless someone is lynched does it still need a majority or hey, you have three votes and that is the most so you are it ?

No, no, no. In the old mafia games, everyone was required to vote for the game to move on.
I don't know.

Mintprincess

Quote from: persephone325 on February 14, 2016, 11:36:33 PM
No, no, no. In the old mafia games, everyone was required to vote for the game to move on.
I'm ok with that as long as people PLAY <3

It isn't hard to check in on the cell a few times a day

Galactic Druid

I went with other, I think the system we charred about before would work; 48-72 hours for the day phase, that ends in nomination by majority, maybe with ties being broken by an elected mayor or secretly by someone with a tiebreaker power.

48 hours for the nominated to plea their case, as well as vote guilty or innocent.

48 hours for the night phase. I'd strongly recommend posting the results of the night phase at a set time, whether you have everything in early or not, that way players can't make guesses as to who has night actions based on their activity level or active times.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 15, 2016, 03:10:26 PM
48 hours for the night phase. I'd strongly recommend posting the results of the night phase at a set time, whether you have everything in early or not, that way players can't make guesses as to who has night actions based on their activity level or active times.

This part has me confused.
I don't know.

RedPhoenix

tbh, I'll probably be happy with whatever you choose. :)

persephone325

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 15, 2016, 03:21:15 PM
tbh, I'll probably be happy with whatever you choose. :)

I just don't want people to be confused, so I want to know what they would like to do. Right now, it looks like people want to keep it old school.

I'm leaving the poll up until March 5th. Maybe even until the day we start.
I don't know.