Kids & the real meaning of silver bullet.

Started by Formless, April 03, 2013, 05:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Formless

Funny story when I was playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2.

There was this boy his PSN was " XSilver_BulletX " .

He was quite active in the match and when we returned to the lobby here's how the conversation went.

Me: Hey , what's with the name?
Him : What about it?
Me : Do you know what it means?
Him : Duh! I'm a silver bullet.
Me : * chuckles * No kidding , you are?
Him : What are you on about?
Me : So are you a used silver bullet?

Sadly the lobby was disbanded before he can answer me , and I didn't persue him.

I don't think he actually knew what I was referring to either. :P

Maybe they should come up with something different to kill vampires with. :P

Oniya

Reminds me of a D&D session Mr. Oniya has 'war-storied' about.  Like with many gaming groups, some folks brought munchies, some folks brought drinks - and some people sponged off the rest.  Someone had brought a 6-pack of Coors Light, and throughout the evening, the GM nabbed a few of these.

After his third, one of the players spoke up.  'Your werewolf just fell over dead.' 

Naturally, the GM was puzzled and a bit annoyed.  'How do you get that?!' he demanded.

The player pointed at the empty cans.  'You already told us it takes three silver bullets to kill a werewolf.  I'd say he's about done for.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shjade

I'm...actually not sure what you're talking about, Noah. When I hear "silver bullet," the first thing I think is "euphemism for a perfect solution to a problem." As in, "We may have discovered the silver bullet for the nation's budget deficit."
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oniya

I think he's talking about the sex toy, actually.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Formless

Yep , its the sexy toy.

And that's a funny one Oniya.

Just proves Drinks and games means fun but never victory :P

Oniya

Actually, when the GM realized what the player was saying, he gave him the kill on creativity alone.  Never underestimate the power of a good pun.  ;D

Formless

That's one friendly setting compared to today's groups :P