Threads of Destiny

Started by ceridwen309, August 04, 2015, 06:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixleft

"Oh, very nice." Dave said, setting the cover to one side and tearing at the turkey with one of the knives that was set at the table. He tore a small hunk of meat from the breast, and took one of the legs. He bit into the breast meat, chewing thoughtfully as he brought the drumstick with him into the foyer, following Jack. "Where next?" He asked between mouthfuls of hot turkey.
Ons and Offs
Apologies again to my partners, but after a litany of failures and delays on my part, I have to take a leave of E. I am truly sorry to leave and to do so this way - but I just cannot balance my time at the moment, and I would simply continues to let you down, which none of you deserve. Once again, I am truly sorry.

ceridwen309

Returning to the foyer, the small group noticed very little out of place. Nothing had been removed....and yet something was "off".

The something that was "off" happened to be a piece of fabric hanging out of the east wing door. The fabric was a bit frilly, and looked like a creamy off white color.

A sudden thump and rattle came from the nearby east table, attempting to draw the group's attention.

(current room description)
In front of you is a sweeping Staircase to the second floor of the Foyer. Behind it lies a double door. To your left and right, double doors adorn the other two walls. If the Exit is to the South and the Stairs are to the north, then in the South-West corner an open Diary sits on a small table. In the opposite corner (South-East) a small table has a Vase with water in it. The water gives off a "Charged Feeling". The double doors in the North have a table to either side. The west table has a Dying Rose in a white single-flower vase. Two petals rest on the tables surface. The east table has nothing on it, but a drawer can be seen.

TheHangedOne

"Hopefully it's not poisoned," he seemingly joked to the other man, in regards to the food he was eating. Honest, as long as he could avoid it, he would not be eating or drinking anything he found in this house.  Then again, maybe he's just watched too many horror movies.

His eyes went around the foyer, and eventually settled on the frilly fabric. He started to approach it; then, the thumping and rattling of the table made him stop, drew his attention to it. He tilted his head slightly to the side, and walked towards it. "What the hell? Something's in it?" he stood off to the side of it, his knife drawn and ready. "Hey, Dave, you open it. If it's something nasty, I'll get it with the knife." 
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

sixleft

Dave hadn't considered it being poisoned. He had always thought if food was cooked, it was good enough. But as he chewed, he started tasting phantom flavours, half imagined herbs and mysterious juices. It might have just been the way it was cooked, the flavourings it had been prepared with. Now his mind was filled with poison though, it all tasted foul to him. "Thanks for that thought." He muttered, licking his lips and walking up to the rattling table.

He looked incredulously at Jack, started to tell him exactly what he could do with that knife, when he paused. He was just being panicky - so far, they had broken into an old guys house, seen a weird book and stolen the old guy's turkey dinner. Didn't mean there was anything really creepy going on. Dave nodded and put the rest of the turkey on the table. He made a show of flexing his fingers, warming up like a pianist. In truth, it helped settle his nerves a bit, gave him time to buy into his own story. He looked at Jack. "Ready?" He asked.

Then he tugged the drawer open.
Ons and Offs
Apologies again to my partners, but after a litany of failures and delays on my part, I have to take a leave of E. I am truly sorry to leave and to do so this way - but I just cannot balance my time at the moment, and I would simply continues to let you down, which none of you deserve. Once again, I am truly sorry.

ceridwen309

Jack and Dave:

*squeak* Out popped a scampering brown field mouse. His twitchy toes and wiggly ears moving as he jumped out of the drawer and crawled away. Under the nearby door he went, the frilly fabric now missing.

(ooc: sorry about the wait guys....I definitely owe you a bigger post, but stuff happens. I shall make it up sooner than you think.)

sixleft

Dave had no appropriate reaction. His mouth worked noiselessly as he tried to find the words. He looked at Jack and frowned. "Mouse, then?" He sighed and straightened, turning away from the drawer to put the shame at his earlier nervousness out of his mind.
Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

Upon seeing the mouse, Jack lost all of his own tension that had slowly been building up. God, this would be something to laugh about for years. If they didn't get arrested or something.

He laughs, and just shakes his head, side to side, staring at the ground. "I think I have watched too many horror movies." He sighed, looked around again. He wondered, briefly, how it was that the mouse had gotten in there in the first place, but that was neither here nor there.

He went over towards the door on the first floor that they hadn't gone through yet. "Ready to see what other surprises wait for us?"
Check out my poet tree!

ceridwen309

The light of the evening sun trickled down through the foyer windows, casting shadows about. *Doom* *Doom* *Doom* *Doom* *Doom* *Doom* *Doom* The grandfather clock in the dining room sounded the hour.

(ooc: your move Dave)

sixleft

Dave stopped for a moment, and sorted through the emotions that he had been through in the past however-many minutes. He knew, in his head, that he should be scared and that there was something profoundly off with this house. But after the mouse, he found himself drained and totally unable to give the situation the gravity it deserved.

"Yeah. I guess so." He said, and walked straight past Jack into the room beyond the door. He didn't hesitate, didn't stop to knock or ease the door open - he just walked in like he owned the place, and braced himself for whatever was on the other side.
Ons and Offs

ceridwen309

He unfortunately found the door to be locked, stuck fast, and unyielding. The doorknob and keyhole looked fairly old and made of a brown looking metal.

Off to the side of the door, and under a nearby chair, Dave spotted a ratty rolled up scroll tucked into the shadows. It looked like the resident rodent was to blame for it's condition. *squeak*

sixleft

Dave bounced off of the door and beat it once with his fist in frustration. He hadn't met a building that seemed so keen to mess with him before, and he wasn't certain how to take it. He ran a hand through his hair and began to turn towards Jack with an excuse, when he caught sight of the scroll. He pointed it out to Jack and nodded in it's direction. "Was that there before? I don't remember it..."

Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

He watched as Dave failed to get through the door, and he let out a bit of a sigh. "I wonder if we could kick it down... then again, maybe it's locked for a good reason." He shrugged his shoulders.

The other man saw something, and his attention was directed to the scroll. "I dunno. Let's see what it is... hopefully, this doesn't turn into a horror movie cliche." He chuckled as he went over, bent down, and reached out to pick up the scroll. Assuming he got it without incident, he would stand up, and carefully unfurl it, looking it over.
Check out my poet tree!

ceridwen309

Jack bent down, and picked up the yellowed and aged scroll. Carefully unfurling it, He sees the words: "Hello, I am the Helping Scroll." Written in a bold ink upon the papyrus. The rest of the scroll is completely blank and devoid of markings. (minus the tears/ratty edges.)