The Salonbox -For Exploration by Discussion

Started by The Great Triangle, May 30, 2008, 12:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

*Arranges furniture*

*Sets up orchestral music*

*Sets out tea, coffee and cake*

Ah!  I didn't see you there.  Welcome to the salonbox, a place to discuss things without the messy biological business of flirting and hugs.  In here, we will discuss the great issues of the day, like Pirates vs. Ninjas, Dominance and Submission, and how many licks it really does take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

So without further ado, I hereby mention BDSM, Vampires, UFOs, Nazis, and the President.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Storiwyr

That cake better not be a lie. *narrows eyes suspiciously at the tentacley one*
Lords, get to know me before you snuggle all over me. Sorry, but I get a little anxious! Ladies and Lieges, cuddles are always welcome, read my O/O for more detailed info.
"There's no need to argue anymore. I gave all I could, but it left me so sore. And the thing that makes me mad, is the one thing that I had. I knew, I knew, I'd lose you."

Captain Maltese

*snigger* a saloon, eh? Where are the servant? And well down using Goodwin's Rule in the first post ;D

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Bliss

*Accepts the offering of cake and coffee and settles primly down in the centre of an overstuffed couch, skirts spread naturally around her.*

A lovely place you've created, Mister Triangle; tell me, of which president do you speak? Is there a president of Vampires, I wonder?

*casts a chuckling glance at Captain* A Salon, dear, not a saloon - think a victorian parlor, not a wild west bar.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

The Great Triangle

Well, can you really tell if there even is a cake?  Or servants?  Even if you taste its chocolaty goodness, you can never really know can you?

*offers cake and a fork, but no spoon, because there is no spoon*

I suppose the salonbox is hiring for a servant.  Send any applications in verbal form for an oral exam please.  

Ons and Offs

Greenthorn

Sherona

Quote from: Great Triangle on May 30, 2008, 12:06:33 PM
*Arranges furniture*

*Sets up orchestral music*

*Sets out tea, coffee and cake*

Ah!  I didn't see you there.  Welcome to the salonbox, a place to discuss things without the messy biological business of flirting and hugs.  In here, we will discuss the great issues of the day, like Pirates vs. Ninjas, Dominance and Submission, and how many licks it really does take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

So without further ado, I hereby mention BDSM, Vampires, UFOs, Nazis, and the President.

Have to say that me and Veks already figured out the tootsie pop through experimentation that pulled out all the variables taht we could :P Its in Elliquiy U forums somewhere :P

Storiwyr

Quote from: Sherona on May 30, 2008, 12:14:28 PM
Have to say that me and Veks already figured out the tootsie pop through experimentation that pulled out all the variables taht we could :P Its in Elliquiy U forums somewhere :P

If you are serious ... that is the most awesome thing I have ever heard. At least in a really long time. If you're not serious. It's still awesome. Did you do statistical analysis?
Lords, get to know me before you snuggle all over me. Sorry, but I get a little anxious! Ladies and Lieges, cuddles are always welcome, read my O/O for more detailed info.
"There's no need to argue anymore. I gave all I could, but it left me so sore. And the thing that makes me mad, is the one thing that I had. I knew, I knew, I'd lose you."

The Great Triangle

Ah, the spork.  My olde nemesis.  I shall have a reckoning with you one day!  A reckoning I say!

For that matter, for the tootsie pop experiment, the university built a licking machine.  What are some other good uses for a licking machine built to find how many licks it takes to get to the center?

Ons and Offs

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Bliss on May 30, 2008, 12:12:14 PM
*casts a chuckling glance at Captain* A Salon, dear, not a saloon - think a victorian parlor, not a wild west bar.

oh... *sighs, and runs back to the changing room, turning in the six shooters and 5 gallon hat for brocade and velvet, whale bone and petticoats*  Really, his has got to be the most uncomfortable thing ever... how do i sit in it? 
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

The Great Triangle

I'm pretty sure you have some fine upstanding gentleman take it off for you.  Either that or you fall unconcious first. 

*points over to the fainting couch*

Not that revolvers are unwelcome here, although you may want to watch the chaps and gimp masks. 

Ons and Offs

Bliss

Quote from: Great Triangle on May 30, 2008, 12:20:52 PM
Ah, the spork.  My olde nemesis.  I shall have a reckoning with you one day!  A reckoning I say!

For that matter, for the tootsie pop experiment, the university built a licking machine.  What are some other good uses for a licking machine built to find how many licks it takes to get to the center?

Why, certainly such a machine as you describe, mister Triangle, would be put to fine use in the offices of the postal service, licking stamps!
*delicate teasip*

Quote from: Cherri Tart on May 30, 2008, 12:25:17 PM
oh... *sighs, and runs back to the changing room, turning in the six shooters and 5 gallon hat for brocade and velvet, whale bone and petticoats*  Really, his has got to be the most uncomfortable thing ever... how do i sit in it? 

*pats the couch beside her* Come, I'll show you!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Bliss on May 30, 2008, 12:29:37 PM

*pats the couch beside her* Come, I'll show you!

*flounces down on the settee, feet up on the ottoman* at least i get to wear these lovely button up boots. *sips tea from her cup, holding it carefully over her saucer* i'd have some crumpets, but i think if i eat anything my corset will explode!

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Bliss

*leans over and whispers to Cherri* Tuck it under your bustle to eat later!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

The Great Triangle

One day the'll invent a space time paradox to insert into the stomach to eat and temporally displace the food,  so that one will never go hungry again.  And in that utopia, every lady of the house will have a post office licking machine so that she will never have to taste a postage stamp again!

All of this we shall see in the far off future year of 1979!

Ons and Offs

Paradox

*saunters into the salon wearing a five-gallon hat and chewing a piece of straw in the corner of his mouth, then suddenly realizes his pistols and sharp spurred boots seem quite out of place*

Aw, con-sarnit, I coulda had swore the sign said Saloon..

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Cherri Tart

*blinks* tuck it under... oh! my BustLE! *giggles* i had this picture in my head... oh, never mind... *grins and sits on crumpet*  there... now, as long as i don't have to ever get up off of the divan, i'll be fine. :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

ShrowdedPoet

*walks in wearing a light green sundress and sits beside bliss reaching for a cup of tea*
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Paradox on May 30, 2008, 12:37:52 PM
*saunters into the salon wearing a five-gallon hat and chewing a piece of straw in the corner of his mouth, then suddenly realizes his pistols and sharp spurred boots seem quite out of place*

Aw, con-sarnit, I coulda had swore the sign said Saloon..

See? i'm not the only one!  Waistcoat and top hat are in down the hall in the changing room, Para. :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Bliss

*stifling a giggle, reaches under Cherri to rescue the crumbling treat and tuck it up under her bustle, between the heavy folds of cloth and her lower back* There we go...

*delicately licks a bit of icing off her cake* I'm beginning to think that this salon is going to play host to quite a few cowboys.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Bliss on May 30, 2008, 12:47:33 PM
*stifling a giggle, reaches under Cherri to rescue the crumbling treat and tuck it up under her bustle, between the heavy folds of cloth and her lower back* There we go...

*delicately licks a bit of icing off her cake* I'm beginning to think that this salon is going to play host to quite a few cowboys.

What about indians?  Or should I use the politically correct term Native Americans, which in my opinion is worse cause it wasn't America till we stole it from them. . .
Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

*tips his tophat and takes a sip of tea*

I've been working on a final solution to the cowboy problem out in the shed.  Should be done and over with before the turn of the century.

I hear this new fangled thing called the telegraph enables people to communicate faster than the crow can fly.  Was man really meant to communicate at such speed?  Won't that lead to an age of telegraphers from different coutries sitting about all chatting with each other like a bunch of people in a salon?

Ons and Offs

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Great Triangle on May 30, 2008, 12:49:45 PM
*tips his tophat and takes a sip of tea*

I've been working on a final solution to the cowboy problem out in the shed.  Should be done and over with before the turn of the century.

I hear this new fangled thing called the telegraph enables people to communicate faster than the crow can fly.  Was man really meant to communicate at such speed?  Won't that lead to an age of telegraphers from different coutries sitting about all chatting with each other like a bunch of people in a salon?

Do tell, what is it?

I'd say it probably will.
Ons and Offs

Paradox

Quote from: Cherri Tart on May 30, 2008, 12:44:41 PM
See? i'm not the only one!  Waistcoat and top hat are in down the hall in the changing room, Para. :)

You just want me to strip. Admit it.

*goes down the hall to change. On his way there, a dignified older gentleman walking in the other direction asks him if he has any Grey Poupon*

You weren't lying about the environment here..

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Vekseid

Quote from: Storiwyr on May 30, 2008, 12:15:30 PM
If you are serious ... that is the most awesome thing I have ever heard. At least in a really long time. If you're not serious. It's still awesome. Did you do statistical analysis?

With a sample size of 2 it's pretty hard, but since we both got so close to 200 it seems to be solved : )