Star Wars: Sirens of the Old World (F/F Jedi Purge Small Group) [closed]

Started by Karma, August 14, 2018, 10:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLANET TAIZULH, WILD SPACE

Out beyond the bounds of civilization, where no faction holds sway and few ever travel, the lush world of Taizulh lay unspoiled by the machinations of industry and war. None of the galaxy’s many civil wars have scarred this place, and few know of its existence. Out in unmapped Wild Space, only the most adventurous could ever find it, and even fewer know its name. Of these few, mere dozens have set foot upon it. A cursory orbital scan shows no materials of interest whatsoever within its depths. While endlessly pleasant and full of vibrant life, the galaxy abounds with thousands of such planets, leaving Taizulh unremarkable as well as nigh-undiscoverable.

It was this incredible combination of traits that drew Ahsoka Tano to make a new home there for what few Jedi refugees she could manage to recover. Though she had abandoned the Jedi Order in its last days, its corrupted obsession with the light could not be laid at the feet of its students, only its masters. Desperate to know that she was not alone in a broken galaxy, she went about hunting down and rescuing what few remained. Her former friend Barriss Offee, traitor to the Jedi Order, was her first success. The two of them led a meager existence on Taizulh as Ahsoka, and occasionally Barriss with her, ventured out into the galaxy to seek what they may find.

In the years following, they had success, marginal though it was. Months would pass without even a slight lead, and many of those leads took them to literal dead ends. But now and then the Force would guide them to a soul, lost like themselves, and soon a small compound had arisen on Taizulh, dubbed by its residents as The Refuge. All they had was each other. As Barriss once described it, they were “alone together” out there at the edge.

But all was not well for them. The Emperor and his attack dog Vader had hunted down and killed every Jedi they could find. In its day, the Jedi Order had been the premiere record of events in the galaxy, and it was this very record that worked against Jedi survivors. Every Jedi and Padawan to have ever entered the temple had a file, and the Empire had a reasonable expectation of who had not yet been eliminated. Barriss was presumed dead, but Ahsoka was known to be alive, along with several of those she had saved. They were all marked, living on borrowed time, and eventually they would be found.

Hi y'all, I'm looking to do a small group, no more than six players. Set five or so years after the conclusion of the Clone Wars, Ahsoka Tano (played by me) has managed to set up a refuge for surviving padawans in the wilderness of a sparsely populated planet. Ahsoka has personally found and brought back those she could to this safe place, where she trains them as best she can in both the ways of the Force and how to hide from their enemies. 2-3 other players will join Ahsoka here. You are welcome to create OC if you like, though one player, if familiar with the events of Clone Wars the show, can play Barriss Offee. If you're interested in the Barriss role let me know and I'll lay out what I was imagining. As for the other 1-2 players, you will play dark acolytes who have been tasked by Palpatine, somewhat dismissively, to find rogue Jedi and bring him their heads. OC are, again, welcome.

This is a somewhat spur of the moment thing for me so I don't have a fully developed plan, and am open to suggestions. Aside from Barriss and Ahsoka, if the game lasts long enough I expect other canon characters to appear, but that's it for now. Thanks for reading. :)

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Annisthyrienne

I'd be interested too.  I'd prefer to play a Padawan, possibly Barriss, depending on whether she will be redeemed to the light side or stay dark.  I'm leaning towards an OC though.

Valyndriel

Star Wars: Yes
F/F: VERY YES

Count me in!

My favorite part of Star Wars is the emotional temptation aspect of the different sides of the Force. I could definitely see myself playing a darksider who gets redeemed...

She blames the Force for the galaxy's cycle of violence, because she thinks the Force triggers these crises when it wants to impose 'balance,' which leads to endless strife and conflict. Certainly the Jedi never cared about justice, or they wouldn't have supported a Republic that let people wallow and die in poverty while the Core Worlds grew fat. She wanted enough power to tame the Force itself, and the dark side promised that, but of course she isn't anywhere near that kind of power, if it's even possible. But that's her main hook for devotion to the dark side and trying to corrupt others: together we'll be strong enough to fix _everything_. Fix the empire, fix the cycle of violence. The Force doesn't care about justice or peace or suffering, but we do and by controlling the Force we can fix everything.

Control is a big theme for her, but like most darksiders she can't even control herself. Domme her to the light side, won't you?

Welcome everyone!

TLO: Fancy meeting you here. ;)

Annis: My vision for Barriss is that she was locked up in a supermax in some far flung prison planet. In the last days of the war it was subject to a last ditch attack by the CIS to recover some vital personnel, and the place was ravaged. Barriss was left, locked in her cage, starving and too weak to get out. Ahsoka tracks her down and breaks her out just before it's too late and nurses her back to health. Barriss, with her convictions about the Jedi now irrelevant due to them all being dead, loses touch with the dark flame that urged her to terrorism. Ahsoka can't trust her, at least not yet, but Barriss wants to atone, and most importantly wants Ahsoka to love her again.

Up to you if you're interested in pursuing that!

Aprrrl: That looks like a solid concept to me! Welcome!

We have enough now to start, I would say, so when I'm able (may or may not be today) I'll whip up a more detailed premise and get character sheets prepared. I'm so happy y'all are interested, I've been trying to get an Ahsoka game off the ground for years!

TheLaughingOne

woooo!

I have No idea what i want to play... Torn between bubbly zeltron who... admitedly has little actualy going in my head... And maybe cyborg. Survived the purge after getting hit by going into death trance, found by someone (ahsoka, or for a nice subversion, CIS who werent just bad guys)... Or maybe a combination of the two ideas together... Hhhmmm......
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

So perhaps she was attacked, fell into a river or was in a ship that appeared destroyed and drifted. Maybe some adventurous soul patched her up with battle droid parts? They're all over the place after all.

So I have some ideas about where the plot can go, do y'all have any ideas or preferences in the meantime?

TheLaughingOne

haha, maybe she has a left over grievous arm welded on til she can get a proper one..

<Zelna> "SERIOUSLY!?!? Can we get me a real arm! This stupid thing keeps splitting into two arms and spinning around like a fan!! It keeps grabbing other peoples lightsabers even when i dont want it to!!!"
My Ons and Offs!

Annisthyrienne

Karma, that sounds good to me.  I've been re-watching Clone Wars series recently because of another Star Wars story I just started, so I'll pay especially attention to the ones with Bariss in them and also research her race a little online.  Would we be starting before or after she's been busted out of prison?  I'm okay with either option.  If it means coming in a little ways after the start of the story, that's okay by me; just gives me more time for research.  ;)

I was thinking that we'd start after Ahsoka had collected a couple more stray padawans/force sensitives. They would have spent some time just the two of them, but it would be terse from Ahsoka's side given the betrayal. She wants to believe in Barriss, so badly. It'll just take time.

So, all the players will be relevant right from the start. :)

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

Name: Ahsoka Tano

Appearance: Red-skinned with white markings typical of her Togruta heritage, the once-slim Ahsoka has found herself with many new curves in her twenties. Her lekku reach her hips. She prefers to wear form-fitting clothing that allows freedom of movement and is colored a red somewhat darker than her natural skin tone.

Background: The highly accomplished padawan of Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka was a Jedi General and all-around heavy hitter for the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars. Her talents outpaced many Knights, despite never officially receiving the rank herself due to her leaving the Order after its botched handling of Barriss Offee’s betrayal. But for all her ability, there was nothing she could do in the face of Palpatine’s grand plan, and she was left out in the cold after Order 66.

Personality: Hopeful and positive even in the worst circumstances, Ahsoka’s outlook is ideal for a Jedi, even if her methods aren’t always quite on the level. She takes strongly after her former master with her blend of impulsiveness and situational cleverness.

Force Focus: Forged in the fire of the Clone Wars, Ahsoka’s Force talents lay primarily in battle. She is a brilliant duelist and general combatant, but her ability in the quieter aspects of the Force are very underdeveloped.

Desires: Ahsoka wants to save anyone and everyone she can, and hopefully, someday, find a way to overthrow the Empire. That dream seems impossibly far away, but she holds fast to it.

Ons: Passion, playfulness, lekku worship

Offs: Cruelty, pain

Other Pics

[float=right][img height=400 padding=8][/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Force Focus:[/b]

[b]Desires:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]

[b]Offs:[/b]

[spoiler=Other Pics][img height=200][/img][/spoiler]

Annisthyrienne

For those who are interested in creating an avatar of their original characters, I wanted to share something with you in case you want to mess around with it.  You need to have Adobe Flash installed for your browser.  And to save what you create, just use the snipping tool and do a screen capture.

Star Wars Avatar Creator

KirbysFolly

Still space for another padawan? I was thinking somebody good with plants and animals, maybe a healer, who was deeply uncomfortable with the Jedi and the Republic's actions in the war.

She fled their post (and her Master, who she blamed for just going along with everything), and when he went after her, they were caught between a separatist (not the CIS, but local resistance) and the clones' Order 66. The separatists controlled the field for a while, and she was presumed dead long enough to slip away.

I figure from there, she laid low, maybe caught Ahsoka's attention when she had to act to save somebody, and just barely managed to get away from the Empire in the aftermath.

I would be totally up for changing things around if something else would fit better, or other links to characters would fit in.  :-)

Yup! That will leave one more slot, hopefully for a player interested in being another dark sider.

That backstory works for me!

TheLaughingOne

Should get my character done soon, brains just slightly fried but weekend starts in... 12 hours and its 4 days off so yeah! Hopefully that will get the meats going again!!!
My Ons and Offs!

Annisthyrienne

Do you want us to post our character sheets here or is there a different thread for that?

Annisthyrienne

Name: Bariss Offee

Appearance: Bariss is a Mirialan female with black shoulder length hair, startling blue eyes, and yellowish-green complexion with black diamond shaped cluster designs across the bridge of her nose and on her upper cheeks below her eyes.

Background: Bariss used to be able to count Ahsoka Tano as probably her best friend, perhaps more. They met at the second battle of Geonosis, and through their shared experiences during that battle and afterwards, became close.  But later, when Bariss became disillusioned with the Jedi Order and their role in the clone wars, she conspired in a plot to bomb the Jedi Temple, an act for which Ahsoka got blamed.

Whether it was Bariss’ intention to purposely frame Ahsoka, or just let her take the fall to keep her own guilt hidden was not completely clear.  But Anakin Skywalker got to the bottom of the plot and confronted Bariss about it.  The two fought a prolonged lightsaber duel, during which Bariss held her own for a while, but ultimately Skywalker was too strong for her.  He brought her to the trial chambers where she confessed the truth just in time to clear his Padawan.  But the betrayal of her friend caused a rift between them that has not been easy to overcome even after the fall of the Jedi Order.

Personality: Before her disillusionment with the Jedi Council, Bariss had a tendency towards selflessness.  When she was trapped in the tank under all the rubble with Ahsoka on Geonosis, she reflected that if she died, it didn’t matter since she would die knowing they had saved the lives of countless thousands.  Later, when she was infected by a Geonosian mindworm, she managed to get back one moment of clarity when she begged Ahsoka to kill her rather than risk the spread of the mind controlling parasites.
It might be this same sense of selflessness that made her confess her involvement in the bombing of the Jedi Temple rather than deny it to the end.

Force Focus: Bariss is an especially accomplished Force healer in addition to the typical skills associated with a Jedi.  She is an accomplished duelist with a lightsaber, even having given Anakin Skywalker a run for his money as described above.

Desires:While imprisoned, Bariss has had a lot of time to think about what she’d done to the Jedi Temple and to her former friend, Ahsoka. While she doesn’t feel that her conclusions about the Jedi Council and the downfall of the Republic was wrong, she has come to regret her betrayal of a friend that has saved her life more than once. Bariss was especially profoundly moved when, after all she’d done, Ahsoka still came for her and brought her to the secret refuge to help her escape death when Order 66 was executed.  Now it is her most fervent desire to someday win back the trust and forgiveness of her former friend.

Ons: Plucky Togruta Padawans.

Offs: Pomposity, arrogance, unthinking adherence to a code that keeps people blind to all else.

Other Pics

pdragon

I'd be up to play one of the acolytes if you still need the spot filled.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Looks great, Thyri!

Welcome pdragon! Yup, we've still got that one dark sider spot open. That will round out our group. :)

TheLaughingOne

Name: Zelna Dorogonga

Species: Zeltron

Appearance: Pink verging on Crimson skin, thick purplish hair, and voluptuous figure. Her left arm replaced with a rough and crude augmentic replacement attached to the shoulder, the skin raw and purple with irritation.

Background: Like all padawan Zelna was taken at a young age for training as a Jedi. She proved to be a wild and extravagent child, but helpful in how she seemed to be able to help calm  the other younglings in her group and younger. Her natural empathy as a zeltron reinforced by the Force she was able to help many find a peace and calm that was uncommon in a time of war. But even still there were doubts on if she should be allowed to train as a padawan, her emotions still as wild and fiery as most Zeltrons. But in the end she was chosen by a Miraluka Knight, Joran Forzun, that specialized in negotiations who saw potential in her abilities.

Paired up they worked well, her talents and abilities working well to help complete her mentors missions, and he helping her gain more control and understanding of her emotions and abilities. For several years they worked well, but tragedy struck when they found themselves lured into a trap by Seperatists, the ambush crippling her master while wounding her badly. She bounced from Master to Master varying her learning.

It was near the end of the war, with its sudden surprise, anther twist of fate happened to Zelna. Her new Master was assigned, another Miraluka, though nothing like her old master, where he was calm and understanding, worked to understand and help people, this new one, Obedia Malfisk, followed some extreme measure of the Jedi code, foreswearing all emotions nd attachments. He used people unfeelingly to win battles in the war, and was viewed as a hero for his successes, and the deaths of his previous padawan, told by him as heroic sacrifices to protect and defend, were a bad tasting secret held by the council so not to discourage the public.

The pairing was tumultuous, seeming to push Zelna back into old habits of emotional flares and acting out, while Obedia was cold and aloof, almost distainful of his new apprentice.

This all came to a head with Order 66, the Clones hardly needed prompting with their treatment, Obedia had thrown their numbers at obstacles without regard for if they would survive, or even if they would succeed.  The clones turned and attacked the Jedi, killing several others that had been traveling with them, seeming willing to destroy the very ship they were on to kill the Jedi. An explosion injured Zelna, shrapnel shredding her arm and venting a portion of the ship to space. Safe for a moment Zelna asked her Master for help only to be ignored, and leaving her to die.

Somehow managing to drag herself to an escape pod she drifted off into space where she was rescued, by all things, a fleeing CIS ship, some of those rare Seperatists who simply wanted freedom from the Republics tyranny. They healed her up, replacing her lost arm with an old augmentic they had in their bases storage, and after some time and exchange of info, set her loose into the universe to try and survive.

Personality: Happy, but distracted. She tends to lose herself in crowds, almost overwhelmed by the feeling of others, which sometimes is nice, but others can clash with her own mood. Sometimes falls into sullen and blue moods which can be contagious if not countered.

Force Focus: Zelna is an export at Force Manipulation and other subtle arts and illusions. She could easily force a person to do as she says regardless of their will and want, but finds such things extremely distasteful, and has perfected a more subtle method using her personality, pheromones, natural empathic abilities, and the force to carefully and subtly effect people to come around to her side of things, though this does have limitations, big differences in opinion take longer and repeated discussions to bring them around, environmentally sealed suits negate the pheromones making it harder, and some races simply aren't receptive to them. But quick work is easy enough. That said, she is rather lacking in direct battle powers, while still passable with her light pike.

Desires: Zelna is lost at the moment, she has no idea what she desires, the Jedi order gone, and her faith in it destroyed by her previous master. She tends to spend a good deal of time trying to figure just what she wants...

Ons: Friendly physical contact, good food, loud music, rush of a thrilled crowd, whisper of a lover (or lovers)

Offs: Sullen moods, depressed crowds, hateful speeches, narrow minds, disingenuous bastards.

Other Pics

Augmentic Arm
Lightsaber

(for people wanting to do a custom saber like i did... http://www.saberparts.com/#!/configure?code=7.152.8.0#%2Fconfigure ))
My Ons and Offs!

pdragon

Name: Yolan Pask 

Appearance: A young human woman born with snow white hair, a sign of a pigmentation disorder rather than age. Yolan stands around 5'9, 140lbs, with a slender yet athletic figure. She has cerulean blue eyes, though in battle they are usually covered by a thick blindfold. This also works to obscure the upper half of her face from most that she fights, though due to her distinctive hair color this isn't relied upon to hide her identity to any significant degree. As an agent of the empire she dresses in deep blacks, her garb baring a more aesthetic or "ceremonial" design over sheer practicality, but it still provides full range of movement, making it deceptively easy to fight in.

Background: Born on the planet Jedha, Yolan was the daughter of a fairly humble merchant, eking out a simple yet comfortable existence for the first few years of her life. However after a fight between two rival gangs spilled into the marketplace of her home city, her parents were sadly caught in the cross fire, orphaning her at a young age. Thankfully it was not long after this that her force sensitivity was discovered and she was taken in by the Temple of the Kyber, raised and trained by the monks to become a Guardian of the Whills. It was there that her understanding of the Force was shaped, the monks teaching her that the Force was the will of the universe itself, and that it flowed through and influenced everything around them. From the drifting of the planets, to the patterns of the rain, even the flow of thoughts through one's own head, all of them were a working of the Force. It was through this concept that Yolan was able to fully comprehend and come to terms with her parents' deaths. While it had seemed like an act of random, senseless violence, it had actually been the will of the Force, part of some grander scheme of things. And while she could not fully understand why the Force would choose to act in such a way, she was ultimately able to accept it.

This moment would go on to shape the rest of Yolan's life. For years she devoted herself to her teachings and studies, trying to unravel the mysteries of the Force. Though the more she tried to learn about it, the more she realized just how unknowable the Force truly was. It was a concept that merely existed beyond mortal comprehension. She had been trying to find the why in all of it, what all of it was actually supposed to lead too, but there in lied her folly. She couldn't understand the will of the Force, because she did not need to understand the will of Force, and whether or not she thought she understood it would not change anything anyways, she merely needed to allow herself to be pulled along by it's ebb and flow. It was through this revelation that she gained her own "enlightenment", and from then on she would would surrender herself to the will of the Force entirely, no matter what tragedy would befall her.

This new philosophy would be tested rather quickly, for only a few years later the humble temple would be approached by agents of the Empire. In the wake of Order 66 they were sent out to eradicate any lingering pockets of Jedi resistance, and as such the Guardians of the Whills were clear suspects as Jedi sympathizers. Their assumptions were correct, as they had indeed been providing safe haven to a fleeing Jedi, and several of the monks had resolved themselves to protecting the outcast knight even if it meant their deaths. However in that moment Yolan felt something, a deep desire within her, a feeling stronger than she had ever felt before: a desire to live, a desire to protect those who had raised her her whole life, as well as a sharp disconnect from the random Jedi who had so willingly put them in danger through his mere presence. Normally such dark, selfish thoughts were meant to be suppressed, ignored for the "greater good". However Yolan realized something, if everything was the will of the Force, then surely this swelling desire to live was the result of the Force as well. It was trying to tell her that it was not her time to die yet, that protecting this one Jedi was not worth the lives of all these good men and women. Giving in to this desire, and in her mind the will of the Force, Yolan surrendered to the imperial agents, giving up the Jedi's location in exchange for the temple's safety. The monks were shocked by her sudden "betrayal", but it was through this act that their lives were spared. Knowing they would not accept her actions, she decided to impose her own form of exile. Yolan pledged her loyalty to the Empire and asked to return with the agents so that she might put her abilities to use for their ends, leaving the temple behind to become an acolyte and hunter of Jedi, believing it all to be the will of the Force itself.

Personality: Yolan adheres to a radically different interpretation of the Force than the Jedi or the Sith, referred to as "The Will Without Borders". Essentially she believes that the will and guidance of the Force is something beyond mortal understanding or morality, and thus trying to apply concepts such as 'light' and 'dark' or 'good' and 'evil' to it is fundamentally misguided. The Force isn't some power source that is merely called upon or tapped into, it directs and commands literally everything that happens in the universe, and as such all events that occur, regardless of how catastrophic, are the direct will of the force, and should be accepted as such. This leads to a philosophy that can be very nihilistic or tranquil depending on one's interpretation, and as a result Yolan's views are almost Darwin-esque, believing that those in power are strong because they are meant to be, and the same goes for the weak and ill-fated. In her mind the Empire reigns supreme because the Force wills it so. In fact the very idea that an order as old and powerful as the Jedi could have been eliminated without the Force's direct influence is preposterous to her, and so she has no qualms about working to further the Empire's goals, including the elimination of remaining Jedi.

Socially this leads to her being a very laid back and calm individual. In fact she is actually quite pleasant and easy to get along with, and her belief that everything, even her own feelings and wants, are guided by the Force means she will boldly follow her desires without hesitation or doubt. Despite her fatalistic views she rarely acts with outright malice or cruelty, even when performing cruel acts. She does not necessarily take joy in causing harm to others, but merely accepts that it is her place in the universe to do so. Because of this complete devotion to the Force she is able to act with absolute conviction, but that does not necessarily translate into loyalty, as she will follow whatever cause she believes the Force is driving her towards, even to the point of abandoning her current station if she believes the Force is leading her in a different direction.

Force Focus: Yolan's ability with the force lies mostly in passive perception, allowing the force to guide her like a sixth sense. Using this power she can perceive things around her in nearly every direction, and even has slight precognition that proves invaluable in the midst of combat. This ability is further enhanced by robbing herself of her other senses, and as such she always wears a blindfold in battle, literally blindly putting her life in the force's hands. This devotion also leads her to be deathly calm in battle, leaving her to act fearlessly and without hesitation or even concern for her well being, believing that the Force will protect her until the precise moment she is meant to die, at which point there would be no point trying to avoid it. All of this combined with her rigorous training makes her a skilled duelist, able to hold her own in combat even with well seasoned Jedi. However as she considers herself neither Jedi nor Sith, she opts not to use their weaponry, and so instead of a light saber wields a blade forged of light saber resistant metal.

Yolan's unnatural calm in battle is actually able to influence others around her, a rare ability known as Battle Meditation, granting her allies increased focus and mettle when in combat. However because of this tranquil demeanor in battle, she is not very adept at using dark side powers, which are fueled by strong emotion.

Desires: Yolan merely wishes to follow the will of the Force wherever it may guide her. However since she tends to interpret her own shifts of desire and emotion as "signs" of the Force's will, in practice this means she pursues her own fancies and desires quite selfishly, the main among them being the desire to survive in the chaotically shifting galaxy and make sure those in her home world are safe, no matter the cost to do so.

Ons: gentle quiet moments, eating sweets, strong dominant women, eating sweets off of strong dominant women, light bondage

Offs: bitter drinks, excessive cruelty/sadism, people who try to impose their own ideals onto the force

Other Pics

Request Thread

All the sheets look great so far! Also, you are straight up cheating by using 2B, pdragon. :P

KirbysFolly

I have to get ready for a wedding, but when I get back I'll work on getting a sheet in!

Valyndriel

Name: Analuna Katrasi

Appearance: Ana is physically short and unimposing, but she’s always had a way of making her presence felt. Now that her eyes burn with the fury of the Dark Side, she doesn’t have to say a word to cow a crowd. She walks like an apex predator among sheep, someone who is going to take what she wants and knows she has the power to do it.

Her 'work' clothes are styled to evoke the aesthetic of the imperial military, but are still surprisingly fashionable, colored in blacks and charcoals as well as burgundies and midnight blue. She also has a trunk full of completely benign outfits that don't scream 'Imperial murder witch,' for special occasions.

Background: Ana was raised on a series of space stations by a Twi’lek woman named Lothu, eking out an existence as tailors for the many beings passing through. Through scrounging and scraping, they finally were able to leave Hutt space for Dova Station in Republic space, only to find that life was no better for those without money. They still had to pay protection money to operate, they still had no legal protections that meant anything, and Ana was never sure what the Republic meant when it said it forbade slavery, but could arrest people for made-up crimes and force them to work.

She’s sure it was the disappointment of the promised land of the Republic that finally sent her adoptive mother Lothu to her deathbed and left Analuna to fend for herself. When the Jedi found her, she was thirteen years old and part of a girl gang. It took a lot of convincing and outright bribes, but she finally agreed to go with them.

At the Jedi Academy, she never settled in. She’d hoard food from the cafeteria and imagine slights from her classmates. She was hard and sharp and scrawny. After a few years of solid meals, she filled out, but she never lost the edge that sat between her and the other padawans, between her and the “Masters,” as they pompously called themselves.

Still, she wanted to learn about the power they had to offer, and they overlooked warning signs that would have disqualified her in times of peace, because war was coming to the galaxy.

The Jedi wanted her to fight to maintain the corrupt, unjust social order that had killed her mother and kept people like her locked into poverty and misery. It was a doomed effort from the start.

They called themselves the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, but they were willing to let justice die in the interest of peace, and then let peace die in a war between sides each as despicable as the other.

Of all her studies at the Academy, the revelation that most altered her worldview was the discovery that the Force wasn’t just a passive power source, but that it had an *agenda*. She would have nightmares about what that meant, for the omnipresent Force to manipulate events. It was so powerful, this state of affairs must be what it wanted. The Jedi spoke of ‘balance’ between the light side and the dark side, but what she saw wasn’t balance, it was conflict. The Force wanted endless conflict between light and dark, and the pendulum had swung in the Jedi’s favor and was now swinging back.

Needless to say, when the Clone Wars broke out in earnest and the Masters wanted to send Ana into the field, she wasn’t interested. She stole some artifacts from the Temple and ghosted into the Coruscant undercity. She rode out the Clone Wars comfortably enough, carving out a niche in the underworld until the Imperial crackdown came.

While formidable, Darth Vader himself tracked her down and defeated her, but judged her to be skilled enough that she might be useful.

To her surprise, Palpatine agreed with her assessment of the Force, though he sneered at her fear of it. Through the dark side, he had grown so powerful that the Force was a tool to impose his will on the galaxy.

Of course. In a galaxy ruled by the Force, the only way to make lasting change was to master the Force. The placid obedience of the Jedi to the will of the Force rendered them useless. Analuna didn’t agree with Palpatine’s agenda, but it was obvious to her that he was correct about everything else. She pledged her loyalty to him and fully embraced the dark side, becoming an acolyte and a Jedi hunter, determined to grow stronger until she could destroy him and harness the Force.

Personality: Ana is an idealist but she’s so very bad at it.

Those who knew Ana at the Jedi temple would remember how disoriented she was by the non-confrontational social politics of the students. Her very favorite people might even have gotten her to let her guard down now and then and wax poetic about the state of the galaxy and what she imagined the Jedi could do to fix things. She distrusted the Masters without exception, but, among the other students, there were a few souls who gave her hope. If she really took a shine to you, you might get a masterfully sewn or leatherworked accessory as she kept up the skills that had enabled her and Lothu to stay alive all those years until the Jedi came to collect her.

Ana’s prime traits are resilience and anger. She’s been through a lot and rarely been able to rely on anyone else -- in part because she refuses to trust anyone.

Her embrace of the dark side has amplified her anger and distrust even further, and threatens to make her forget the reason she made that devil’s bargain in the first place: the dream of a fair and just galaxy.

Force Focus: Stealth, body manipulation, and lightsaber-on-lightsaber action. Her very first use of the Force, before she even knew what she was doing, was to adjust her own digestive system so she could survive by eating garbage.

Desires: Analuna is deeply lonesome as a result of her distrust. She had a couple of friends at the Jedi Temple, and a solid girl gang on Dova station, but she hasn’t been able to recreate anything like that and she’s stopped trying.

Ultimately, of course, a part of her still wants to fix things, but instead she vents her rage at any handy target. She puts the weight of the galaxy on her own shoulders and its exhausting. Some days she doesn’t even remember why she’s so deeply angry or harbor any hope that things could be different.

Ons: Strong will, honesty, empathy, someone to share the burden or take it away (domme her to the light side tbqh), a soothing touch. If someone could get her to actually relax she’d probably be horny af and need a new list of Ons :P ...In the meantime she can be a bit of a bully. Girldick-friendly, if anyone’s playing a trans lady or otherwise has a lightsaber to ignite downstairs. Furry-friendly, too -- gimme that Bothan/Cathar tail, so to speak.

Offs: Spineless fools who surrender their will to the Force or another oppressive power, idealists with no plan and no stomach for hard choices, people who expect Ana to be the first one to take an emotional risk and be vulnerable.

Other Pics

Valyndriel

So Analuna overlapped with the others at the Jedi Temple, though she was a little older than usual when she was brought in and she left right at the start of the Clone Wars. There are two potential seeds for a backstory connection that could be fun if the other players are into it:

1. I feel like Zelna might have gotten Ana to open up to her, but then there are at least two ways that could go. One option would be that Zelna was troubled about what Ana had to say and didn't really pursue a friendship and left Ana isolated because Ana can be A Lot. Orrrr, Option Two, maybe Ana really was just less preoccupied with her anger around Zelna and was more pleasant company than usual. Certainly, she wasn't repressed about her feelings and would have been a 'bad influence,' telling Zelna there was nothing wrong with her strong feelings, when the Order said otherwise. And Zelna might have convinced her that it was safe, that she didn't have to hoard food, the Masters wouldn't take it away as punishment or whatever Ana was afraid of. I feel like minor rule-breaking would be a bonding thing for them, though, up to and maybe past whatever limit Zelna was comfortable with.

2. Bariss! While writing Ana's history I really got to wondering if she and Bariss had some very dark late-night conversations on the roof of the Temple. If maybe even Ana asked Bariss to run off with her when the Clone Wars broke out. Maybe even helped her smuggle some nano-droids at some point, no questions asked, for an old friend...

Either way, I feel like these two would be among those at the Jedi Temple who knew Ana best. What do you think?

Edited to add: Oh, yes, and pdragon, did you intentionally design Yolan so that she and Ana would loathe each other!? XD It's perfect

Annisthyrienne

I could see Bariss having had contact with her, and Ana perhaps planting the first seeds of doubt in Bariss' mind that eventually led to what she did.  But during the first part of the Clone Wars, Bariss was pretty much a model padawan to Master Luminara Unduli, so I don't think she would run off with Ana, but it is very possible that she made contact to get the nano-droids for her plan.  That might make things interesting if/when they encounter each other again.

April, you may be interested in this OC of mine. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=23468.msg1627116#msg1627116

I'd been considering finding ways to include her here, and Ana shares a particular use of the Force with her.

Valyndriel

Quote from: Karma on August 18, 2018, 08:29:29 PM
April, you may be interested in this OC of mine. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=23468.msg1627116#msg1627116

I'd been considering finding ways to include her here, and Ana shares a particular use of the Force with her.
Nice :D

Quote from: Annisthyrienne on August 18, 2018, 07:44:30 PM
I could see Bariss having had contact with her, and Ana perhaps planting the first seeds of doubt in Bariss' mind that eventually led to what she did.  But during the first part of the Clone Wars, Bariss was pretty much a model padawan to Master Luminara Unduli, so I don't think she would run off with Ana, but it is very possible that she made contact to get the nano-droids for her plan.  That might make things interesting if/when they encounter each other again.
Oh yeah, Bariss didn't agree to run off with Ana, clearly, but Ana could have invited her and tried, unsuccessfully, to convince her. Or even kept in touch somehow.

pdragon

@Karma
lol thanks, I'm glad you like her. And in my defense I've been trying to use 2B in a star wars game for like over a year now  :P I just really think her design works for the setting.

@Aprrrl
Basically yeah, it should be fun seeing them constantly debating/bickering with each other. And it would make sense that Palpatine would pair up two followers who hate each other, both to make them stronger in the dark side but also to keep them distracted from turning that power against him.

Request Thread

KirbysFolly

Name: Vew Paske

Appearance: Tall and thin, if she hadn't spent most of her life training as a Jedi she might even be gangly. She tends to wear natural tones, browns and greens, and plain, rugged clothing. At the midpoint of her spine, a pair of thin scars run upward and halfway over her right shoulder, marks from the concussion grenade that had blasted her and her Master during her escape.

Background: Vew did not stand out much in her early years at the Temple. She arrived as most younglings did, she kept pace with learning. Maybe she was a little quieter than the others, but not enough to stand out. As she grew older, it was clear she wasn't interested in the physical aspects of lightsaber combat, or Force manipulation. She didn't seem to have any unusual talent for healing or influencing others, although she often volunteered with the gardeners. Master Turo Presht, an easy-going Zabrak man, took her as his padawan, and helped guide her learning as she discovered a gift for listening to the Force to sense her surroundings, and all the life in them. She could feel the flow of the Force through the plants and animals around her, and with Master Turo she traveled the galaxy, lending aid in places many didn't expect a Jedi: desperate colonies, ravaged by crop failures; blights on several worlds; once they helped with the relocation of a sacred endangered species; and her favorite memory was being invited to an Ithorian ritual as an observer for the Jedi Order.

The outbreak of the Clone Wars turned everything upside down. Suddenly they were supposed to be running an army, an army of cloned slaves. The two were deployed to a world that held a small fuel refinery, and over the course of three months she watched it be completely devastated; by the time the Republic achieved victory and packed off, the planet's ecosystem had been massively damaged, entire cities were destroyed, and the refinery was hardly operational due to damage and lack of workers. It seemed like every time they were sent somewhere, the same thing happened. Sometimes it went worse, sometimes it went better, but it was never good. Over all of this was an overwhelming, foggy sense of dread whenever she reached out to the Force. She pleaded with Master Toru to leave the war, but he refused, citing his duty to the Jedi Order, and she slowly began to resent him for the continuing atrocities, as well as the Jedi Order.

Everything came to a head one night, when the dread was absolutely over-powering. Even just sitting still, not reaching out to the Force at all, she couldn't escape it. She finally decided she'd had enough, and stole out of the camp toward the nearest settlement. Master Toru realized she was missing shortly after, and set up a search party to look for her. He'd almost nearly caught up to her as she stumbled through the front lines of a local separatist ambush, and as he rushed to 'rescue' her, they opened fire on the lightsaber-bearing figure. Both of them had the briefest sense of distant surprise, as the clone sergeant that had accompanied the search party threw a concussion grenade into the space between them. She could only remember fragments of crawling forward, her entire body screaming in pain, and masses of blaster fire passing overhead. When she awoke again she was still in the field, but somebody had pulled her to the edge, where the ground was clear, and had cleaned her wound.

She escaped offworld, and holed up on Falket, a small planet in the Outer Rim. She set up a small camp near the outskirts of a small settlement, and did her best to keep to herself. The planet got a cargo ship once a year, and a speedertruck made the trip out to this settlement once every two months. She hid there safely for years, hardly interacting with the locals, who assumed she was a war orphan. But the Empire had tendrils everywhere, and a smuggler who fancied he could clear his record by bringing in a Jedi tracked her to the planet. A small search party was sent there to verify, not necessarily to capture, but when they confirmed she was in the village, they moved in. Their first move was to round up the locals, and Vew was forced to act. She drew the Imperials away, split them up, and picked off enough of them that they withdrew to their transport, to return to the starport for backup. She left her camp, rushing after them on foot. She wasn't sure what she was going to accomplish doing this; she couldn't possibly catch them, and if she did, they wouldn't fall for the same tricks this time. She had to at least get away from the innocent people in the village, though.

And then, appearing suddenly as if out of no-where, was Ahsoka Tano, the most famous padawan ever. Here to help her get away, to get to safety, at least for now.

Personality: Emotional outbursts make Vew somewhat uncomfortable, so she strives for calm at all times. This has been rather difficult for the last several years, but she keeps it up as best she can. She habitually pays attention to the plants and animals around, and especially likes anything that flies. While she usually maintains the calm Jedi demeanour, she appreciates the company of others, even if they're more rowdy than what she's used to. The last few years, hardly having anybody to talk to, have been painful for her, and she's grateful to be around people she can talk to safely.

Force Focus: Vew has subtle influence over the thoughts and desires of animals, and can use this to slightly direct their behavior at times. It's not as effective as the powers of suggestion some have over sapient beings, but she's never been any good at that. She seems to have an intuitive understanding of the state of a plant if she can spend time around it. If she doesn't have anything to compare with though, this might not give her enough information to be useful though.

Desires: To see the Empire brought down, and the damage it has done to the galaxy, and the people in it, healed. If the Jedi and the Republic never come back, then that's just how things will be; they weren't exactly sterling institutions at the end as far as she's concerned.

Ons: Warmth, someone who makes her feel safe, compassion, soft, gentle touches.

Offs: Anger, violence, people who use others.

TheLaughingOne

Quote from: Aprrrl on August 18, 2018, 05:12:17 PM

1. I feel like Zelna might have gotten Ana to open up to her, but then there are at least two ways that could go. One option would be that Zelna was troubled about what Ana had to say and didn't really pursue a friendship and left Ana isolated because Ana can be A Lot. Orrrr, Option Two, maybe Ana really was just less preoccupied with her anger around Zelna and was more pleasant company than usual. Certainly, she wasn't repressed about her feelings and would have been a 'bad influence,' telling Zelna there was nothing wrong with her strong feelings, when the Order said otherwise. And Zelna might have convinced her that it was safe, that she didn't have to hoard food, the Masters wouldn't take it away as punishment or whatever Ana was afraid of. I feel like minor rule-breaking would be a bonding thing for them, though, up to and maybe past whatever limit Zelna was comfortable with.

.. Likely to get modified wheni wake back up, cause i am dead tired after gaming RL wise..

I am down with them having met. Early in her time as a youngling/padawan Zelna was pretty intense like most Zeltron. She lived large, loud, and fast, and spent a lot of time trying to keep people happy, or at least settled. Shes strong with her empathic abilities, but probably doesn't understand to well whats causing those emotions, at least until the person openned up to her some.

.. fallin asleep at computer.. more tomorrow!
My Ons and Offs!

TheLaughingOne

Right! Sleep is good. until you wake up with a massive leg cramp.. that sucks..

Continuing!

One thing she would do, specially if Analuna looked like she needed it, is get her some extra portions at meal, and help her get some extra rations (possibly to the amazement and amusement of Jedi knights and masters who are unable to talk the servers into giving them a little extra) and once figure out she was just hording them, try and convince her its not needed, but wouldnt stop with helping.
My Ons and Offs!

Valyndriel

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on August 19, 2018, 12:48:58 PM
One thing she would do, specially if Analuna looked like she needed it, is get her some extra portions at meal, and help her get some extra rations (possibly to the amazement and amusement of Jedi knights and masters who are unable to talk the servers into giving them a little extra) and once figure out she was just hording them, try and convince her its not needed, but wouldnt stop with helping.

Awwwwww <3

Yeah, Analuna was scrawny when she first got there, and even though she filled out, she's still like 5'1". I love this tiny angry tough gang member Ana triggering Zelna's protective mode.

Phases of Ana friendship:
1. "What's your angle? Why are you really doing this?"
2. "Well, I don't want to be in your debt, Zee, so I made* you a present." (*or else she stole it) Like maybe it's hard to find clothes that go with Zelna's complexion on Coruscant, so Ana made her some?
3. lowering of guard, opening up, actual friendship :)

If that's the route we're going, and I love it, I feel like Ana would have offered for Zelna to leave the Temple with her, too. (But this was right around the start of the Clone Wars and I think Zelna was happy with things, then)

TheLaughingOne

Quote from: Aprrrl on August 19, 2018, 01:07:52 PM
Awwwwww <3

Yeah, Analuna was scrawny when she first got there, and even though she filled out, she's still like 5'1". I love this tiny angry tough gang member Ana triggering Zelna's protective mode.

Phases of Ana friendship:
1. "What's your angle? Why are you really doing this?"
2. "Well, I don't want to be in your debt, Zee, so I made* you a present." (*or else she stole it) Like maybe it's hard to find clothes that go with Zelna's complexion on Coruscant, so Ana made her some?
3. lowering of guard, opening up, actual friendship :)

If that's the route we're going, and I love it, I feel like Ana would have offered for Zelna to leave the Temple with her, too. (But this was right around the start of the Clone Wars and I think Zelna was happy with things, then)

1: *Zelna crosses her arm and tilts her head watching Ana a moment... Then smiles wide* Im a Zeltron. We are naturally empathic, so when someone else feels something, we feel it to. So we tend to try and make people around us feel happy. And in helping people that also makes us feel happy. Double gain from one good deed. And if your more relaxed and happy, so are the other people around. Sides, lifes rough, and you look like you had a time of it.. So bout time you get that good turn. *holds out her hands extravagantly gesturing to herself*

2: She would be happy with most any gift, though wary of stolen things as she doesnt want to get in trouble on that, (though would still accept, mostly just stashed away)

3: She would be happy with that as well! Would get to know her personal philsophy is along the lines of "If you ever stop laughing, you'll never stop crying" But rather then forcing the laugh, she intends to live so she doesnt have to stop, and helpin those around feel it to.

Thing is, she was deployed out well before the clone war, and the attack that crippled her master and injured here happened at the start of, ambush setup by seperatists. they were more like negotiations team, though they actually negotiated rather then getting there and having things go out of control like most jedi did... *eyeballs Qui-gon Jin, Obiwan Kenobi, Anakin, and on occasion ahsoka* So its possible she wasnt around when Analuna took off... Maybe even got word of her being injured in the attack. Part of what prompted her to go?
My Ons and Offs!