Interest Check! Magical Academy!

Started by Cayenne, February 04, 2008, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cayenne

The idea is for a large school of magic, where students entering their junior year are sixteen or over, and have some, limited ability within a single element of power. It is about competition, and rivalry, and is made free form, so remember to be mindful of other peoples characters! I’m thinking if there are men and women interested, that the  dorms be separated to try to keep students focused on their studies (not taking into account of course, homosexuality and people sneaking around) I’ve written some basics, to help explain how things work, years probably won’t be a entire year, just something decided amongst the people playing when something ends, and the next begins!

NC Monsters Mind Control ..etc are all possible.

Junior Year
Students of the junior year are somewhat chaotic in their control of the elements, they can do small, focused things, but only within one element

Second Year
Students of the second year are more controlled, they have learned by this time, how to handle their base element, and work hard learning their second element, but have no control over the combination of them.

Third Year
Students of the third year can now decide if they want to specialize in a single element, or if they want to seek the path between two elements, as they learn to combine them to create new off shoots.

Fourth Year
Students begin to move toward the mastery of there elements of choice, and the challenges put before them become more difficult, and competition more dangerous. This is the year most commonly that they are introduced to other schools as well, as they are considered within the grasp to have safe control of their powers.

Senior Year
Senior Year is the proving ground for students, competitions between schools, between others, will determine their survival and potential for graduation.

Base Elements -> Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Mentalist, Spirit

Basic explanations..~

Earth = Earth Creation/Control -> Create rocks, forge destructible weapons, modify landscapes nearby landscapes (Must be touching! or standing on), plate shifting, earth quakes, fissures.

Fire = Heat Creation/Control -> Create flame, Amass larger amounts of heat, radiate heat, control the path of flame over objects, infernos.

Wind = Air and Wind Control -> Create movement of air, control path of wind, create heavy gusts, limited manipulation of objects or people -> create storms with loose objects -> eventual creation of tornados.

Water = Moisture Creation/Control -> Control movement of water, control path of water, create humidity, summon water from nearby sources, known location of sources, eventual creation of tidal waves and tsunamis.

Mentalist* = Mind control/focus ->  Telekinesis (Movement of an object),  Mental Transmission (Images, words into another’s mind),  Mind walking (Entry into their mind, thoughts), Thought shading (Ability to skew or flavour thoughts, must have walked in their mind first),  Mind control (Must have worked victim down with thought shading prior) 

*Mentalist's are about focus, they must focus on an object, or a person, in order to attempt to use their powers!  They are written  to be like hackers, they have to connect to someone before they can even think of fooling around inside. It is about wearing down someone’s defenses, unless they willingly open themselves up to you.

Spirit* = Spirit control/speaking -> Spirit walking (Ability to leave your body, needed for acquiring new spirits), Spirit sight (Ability to see the movement of spirits), Spirit summoning (For gathering information from the dead, for gathering poltergeists to haunt individuals, or attempting to convince a spirit to be watchful of things ) Possession (Having left your body, you can attempt to enter into another, or send a spirit to attempt!), Curses and Rituals (Things done to appease the spirits)

*Spirits are temperamental,  they are often dead people, and don’t desire to be dead, or be summoned or used.  Knowing their desires, and appeasing them through rituals and tasks is important to keeping them happy and loyal to you! It is also dangerous to leave your body unprotected! Especially if you have spirits walking around that you aren’t fully in control of (They may snatch your body, and walk off with it!)

Combinations

Equal combination of two: 
Following a equal path means you aren’t focused on either, rather the combination of the two as one.  (No longer interested in them as separate entities)

Earth + Water = Plant Creation/Control - Quick Sand, Mud traps.
Water + Wind  = Ice Creation/Control - Ice Storms, Slippery sheets, Ice Barriers
Spirit + Mentalist =  Demonic Summoner - Imps -> Fiends -> Demons
Spirit + Earth = Earth Golem Creation (Hard, Earthy, titans!)
Spirit + Water = Water Golem Creation (Slimy, slivery, sea monsters ahoy!)

Secondary element as an aid: 
Following this route, only causes you slightly less adeptness in your main focus, but allows you to do things the others cannot.

Earth + wind = Dust storms -> Stand Storms -> Hard Projectile storms (Ability to create larger rocks)
Fire + wind = Projectile Flame -> Fire Storms -> Explosive fireballs.
Water + fire = Further manipulation of humidity levels and heat, scalding mists, boiling waters.

These are just ideas of how things can come together.. as well~
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

Cayenne

Flexible on Races, can be various fantasy ones (Elves, cat/puppy girls, or something exotic like a human!)
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

Serenity Vixen

I want to play. I have been looking for a good game about a Magical Academy Game :)
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Zephyrys

Sounds great to me.  I've always been tickled about the idea of this kind of thing.  :)
Always smile.  People will wonder what you're up to.  =)

Sabby

Seereous

I love this idea. I like it....I like it a lot. :)

I know my race....a human!!!!

Spirit_Wolf

I'd love to play this~ perhaps as a puppy/wolf girl, though if shape shifting is ok, that would be fun to put into also ;) either way I'm in.
“That old black magic has me in its spell, That old black magic that you weave so well; Icy fingers up and down my spine, The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine”

...:::|Ons & Offs |:::...
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12763.

Antone

*would be interested... likes playing with magic*
Ons and Offs
RPs Desired

Caution when handling: Reacts violently when exposed to stupidity...

schnookums

Shoot, that's already six folks...I'm interested but can appreciate there not being enough room

Cayenne

Organizing!

Parts to play:
Student: (When created, only basic details needed, and their element of choice)
(I'd like to keep everyone first year)
Game Master (Boys side): (Headmaster for the boys dorm)
Game Master (Girls side): (Headmaster for the girls dorm)

Two in character threads, maybe three

Magical Academy Boys Dorm
Magical Academy Girls Dorm
Magical Academy (Main) (maybe)
+
Magical Academy OOC (For basic queries, and talk about the setting)
Magical Academy Information (So people can reference character sheets, possible spells, etc!)

I think we could handle everyone in that regard, it just takes a little organization, let me know your thoughts on it and maybe if everyone is pleased, I can write it up.

Let me know what you think!

With the ability to move from one thread to the next.

ONs & OFF

Zephyrys

Well, everything can't possibly take place in the dorms, so a third thread seems necessary, if not more.  Otherwise, looks good.  =)

What would be the jobs of the Headmasters?
Always smile.  People will wonder what you're up to.  =)

Cayenne

The Head Masters play the Game Master role, and setup of the events and issue challenges to the opposing side.  They would basically shoulder much of the interested outside of normal character interaction and add flavour (Via NPC's or otherwise!) To their side of the equation.

ONs & OFF

schnookums

Well, if there's space to fit me in I'd be happy to join...

Antone

yeah... I'm still very interested. I don't quite know if I'd be up for a Game Master spot, but I'm up for a student definately.... I don't quite have enough knowledge to try for GM. What types of challenges and such are we talking about here?

Also, I think Zephyrys has a good idea. While the dorms themselves may be quite active, I think a third, local thread might be necessary... perhaps somewhere that is frequented by both. Schoolgrounds... a lil arena (used for the challenges)... or something.
Ons and Offs
RPs Desired

Caution when handling: Reacts violently when exposed to stupidity...

Spirit_Wolf

I would love a headmaster spot. Can I still keep my character preference as a headmistress? Oh well, doesn't matter. Can I get that spot though?
“That old black magic has me in its spell, That old black magic that you weave so well; Icy fingers up and down my spine, The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine”

Silvester

NikitaFirestar

*Tilts head* This could be fun. PM me if there's a spot open for me. Or tell Seereous and he'll tell me  *Laughs*
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Silvester

Yes, PM me too! I have a preference for the mentalist & wind. Wouldn't mind combining the two, either :)

Sabby

Hmmm... would love to try a dark, sinister girl who messes with the necromancy side of magic, but a fiery, offensive Icarian (see avatar) would be fun. Not sure.

Spirit_Wolf

yes, I would really like a head mistress spot, maybe one who is sweet and innocent, but who has a few dark secrets? Still like the shape shifter idea~ could play alot with that in the posts.
PM me, let me know something :D

CaseyJay

This looks totally interesting.  I'd like to join, if there's room. :)
She dances while his father plays guitar / She's suddenly beautiful / We all want something beautiful / I wish I was beautiful - "Mr Jones" Counting Crows

1/0: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=10411.0

Cayenne

~SIGN UP CLOSED~

Notice!
Due to low amount of male character turnout, there will be no male dorm!

Head Mistress of the Magical Academy: Head Mistress Aileef (Spirit_Wolf)

Students
Peter - Mentalist (Silvester) - MALE -?______?

Belcrest - Fire (Sabbat) - FEMALE - Icarian (Winged girl)
Mira Felidae - Water (Serenity Vixen) - FEMALE - Catgirl
Kitsune-jin - Spirit (Zephyrys) - FEMALE - Kitsune (Fox Girl)
?_______? -  Spirit (CaseyJay) - FEMALE - ?______?
Angel - Spirit (schnookums) - FEMALE -Dragon Girl

Out of Character <-- Gather thusly

ONs & OFF

Serenity Vixen

Hooray!!  I am the only Water-dancer :P
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Sabby

You think if someone showed interest in an Earth Male, you'd allow one more player? >.> it would help to balance it out a little

Cayenne

There is still Antone who hasn't decided which way he wants to go, he'll probably be male as well.

ONs & OFF