The Grinch of Elliquiy (All welcome!)

Started by Theta Sigma, December 02, 2017, 11:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Green One

Liam glanced towards Alexx with a distrustful look, but as the Grinch spoke, Liam looked at him and nodded. He didn't want anything in return, helping the Grinch to keep away Christmas from everyone was good enough as a reward for climbing a snowy mountain.

"More like her will come." He warned the green creature, leering at Alexx.

Not available for new stories

Thera Regina

Alexx looked at Liam and then chuckled darkly. "Well, yeah they will. But what I was saying, was what they would say. Bloody people and their bloody Christmas cheer!" She exclaimed.

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

Victorian

James came home after a rough day at work.

"Bah. Humbug" he thought as he saw the town in all its Christmas Cheer.  Getting the mail he saw it was another tax bill from the popularly elected mayor.  "Vox populi" was all he thought as he saw some of the people heading up the hill towards the Grinch's place.

"They get what they deserve" as he picked up the phone to make reservations at a popular steakhouse.

Giantmutantcrab

There was a knock upon Mayor Mirrah's door,
it was a creature she had not seen before!

It wore a top hat and possessed a monocle,
though perhaps it should have had a barnacle!

It was a crab! A thing of large size and mass.
Through the door, it would have trouble to pass.

(Clearly it was no poet, it barely knew how to rhyme,
but it seemed happy of what it wrote at this current time.)

"Hello, Missus Mayor Mirrah!" said the thing.
"I've heard you've a spot of trouble, and I decided to drop by and give you a ring-a-ding!"

"Christmas was stolen by a grumpy Grinch!
May I help you in this terrible pinch?"

PennySludt

When Lynnie finished singing, Penny clapped her hands happily and smiled.

"Fabulous! You're a great singer. Oh!" she squealed, "You know what we should do!? We should go CAROLING!" She glanced out the window at the grouchy looking man stomping into his house with his mail. "It looks like he could use some Christmas spirit. What do you think?"
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

SithLordOfSnark

Coming back after patrolling, Jackson shook his head. "I'm not seeing anything suspicious, Mayor. Oddly enough, everything seems fine." He exclaimed as he brushed a hand lightly through his hair.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Mirrah

Imagine how taken aback Mayor Mirrah was, when she opened the door and saw a ginormous decapod standing on her doorstep! Her imagination went into overdrive as she stared up at it and tried not to imagine an oversized bowl of hot butter on a table. Good thing she was allergic to shellfish. She grinned up at the rhyming crustacean and tipped her hat back a bit, giving it an awkward little bow that she belatedly switched into a curtsey halfway through.

"What a mighty fine, heroic specimen you are, our savior who is a Crab, and I thank you for your kindly offer! Certainly, we could use your assistance in rescuing Christmas this year!" She reached a gloved hand out the door to give it a handshake, then realized that, of course, it was a crab and so lacked that appendage... but that didn't mean she wouldn't give a pincer a firm shake! That was if it decided to let her do so, of course. Regardless, she continued, "One of my assistants will bring a badge to you after it's been made."

Her eyes lit upon Jackson as he returned to report that nothing had been discovered to be amiss. "That's good news, Jackson. By the way, this is our newest recruit..." She paused glanced at the crab and waited for it to fill in with a name, for she hadn't yet asked it for one.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Giantmutantcrab

"Good sir, hello to thee!"
I may go by many a name, but you may call me... GMC!"

With a curtsey and a bow and a tip of the top hat,
the large crustacean presented itself to the man Jack, the cool cat.

Mirrah

"GMC!" Mayor Mirrah continued with dramatic flair after the Crab had given an introduction in such a fine, gentlemanly manner. "Yes! If you and Jackson can trace and find the whereabouts of the thief who has taken Christmas Elliquiy's gifts hostage, it would be just the step that might save our cherished Christmas Tradition! Please say that you will help us by doing so!" Mayor Mirrah brought her hands, clad in leather gloves, forward and clasped them before her in a pleading manner.

SithLordOfSnark

"It's nice to meet you, GMC." Jackson said with a smile as he watched the crab silently and glanced briefly to the Mayor to hear her pair him with the crab. "You kidding? I'm not a pet walker." He smirked.

Giantmutantcrab

"A pet! I would object! Nay, good sir Jackson, but a ride!
So that together, we may search mountains tall and rivers wide!"

The choice decided, a claw picked up the man and plopped him upon a crabtastic flat,
and with a flourish of a bow and a curtsey, the giant crab tipped his large hat.

"We are off, Goodly Missus Mayor Mirrah!
Off to save Christmas with good sir Jack! Hurrah!"

With a cheer as large as his titantic girth,
the crab and his rider moved with gigantic mirth.

"Pray, good sir Jack, could you tell me
Where this pilfering Grinch may be?"

Mirrah

Mayor Mirrah waved at the duo as they departed, and as she closed the door, she wondered what the rest of the volunteers were doing, or if maybe they had come up with any clues. With a shake of the head, she returned to her desk and began going over the paperwork that never seemed to end. Ah, not even Christmas would be a restful day. Mayor Mirrah pulled out her handy feather quill and began signing off on notices after giving them stamps of either approval or denial.

Theta Sigma

There was something suspicious, and he wasn't sure. Did he believe the girl, or was she a spy? His clawed hands ran over his chin, and he looked to Liam.

'Did she follow you up, and furthermore. How did you know where to come? A cave on the mountainside, not a clear place, not an obvious place, I must say. But most importantly, I think.' He said as he walked, patrolled. Paced, even.
'Do you like my tree?'

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Lynnie

Quote from: PennySludt on December 16, 2017, 06:05:07 PM
When Lynnie finished singing, Penny clapped her hands happily and smiled.

"Fabulous! You're a great singer. Oh!" she squealed, "You know what we should do!? We should go CAROLING!" She glanced out the window at the grouchy looking man stomping into his house with his mail. "It looks like he could use some Christmas spirit. What do you think?"

Taking a slight bow from her seat she giggled, "We should! That would be alot of fun!" Following where Penny was pointing she nodded, "Perhaps he could use some holiday cheer!"

SithLordOfSnark

Jackson turned to GMC with a shrug of his shoulders. "If I knew that, I probably would have paid him a visit already." He replied as he smiled gently. "We can always take a walk around and see if anything strikes us as odd." He said.

Mirrah

There was no fresh snow since before the dastardly kidnapping of the town's presents. Perhaps, if the crab and his comrade investigated around the outskirts of town, they would notice some tracks leading into the hills... maybe even into the mountains, but it would be difficult to tell where exactly those might end, unless they followed them.

Giantmutantcrab

Suddenly the large crustacean stopped and let out an "Ah-hah!"
He then pointed down with a large pincer. "I say, Sir Jack! Voilà!"

And there were tracks, right there where he pointed, to follow!
"Perhaps the Grinch hides at this very moment in some mountainous hollow!"

With giant steps of a giant crab with a giant mission,
Perhaps Jack and he would be able to reach in time their destination.

Up, up, up and over!
The two climbed over yonder!

Yonder was, surprisingly, a lovely little hovel,
But our heroes needed to finish this adventurous novel!

"Pray tell, Jackson, about the Grinch...
Whatever shall we do once we give him the pinch?

Should we start to get rough,
Or is him living alone in misery punishment enough?"

The Green One

Liam nodded. "She followed me apparently." He sent a glare towards  Alexx. He was quite sure there was no one looking at him when he left town, but it looked like he was wrong. "And... Well..." Liam hesitated for a second. "I followed your trail from the town back into the mountain..." Liam replied.

"The tree?" Liam looked at the Grinch and then over the large tree of gifts. "Oh, I love it!" He grinned wickedly as his eyes moved back to towards the green creature. It was amazing to have all the gifts trapped there, away from everyone else.

Not available for new stories

SithLordOfSnark

Turning his eyes on GMC, Jackson couldn't help but chuckle. The rhyming was starting to make him laugh, but he tried to ignore it for the time being. "We shall just tell Mr. Grinch to give all the presents back." He said as an afterthought.