Why Creative People Are Eccentric

Started by Star Safyre, April 16, 2011, 12:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Nicholas on November 25, 2011, 12:54:04 PM
I do not know if I am eccentric. I think that only other people really can judge that! I am an artist and I consider myself quite creative in my field, but eccentric? I dunno! ~laughs~

As for other people I know? I do not think that any of them is eccentric. Unique, certainly, maybe with their very own little quirks and stuff, but I don't consider them really eccentric!

Unique, eccentric, it doesn't matter Nicolas.. you are greatly loved! <3  (even by this very eccentric goofball!)
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Kuroneko

I like to think of myself as eccletic, rather than eccentric ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Star Safyre on April 16, 2011, 12:31:38 PM
The Unleashed Mind: Why Creative People Are Eccentric

This article is fascinating in many, many ways, but I immediately was drawn to this observation:

As a creative person from a very young age, I was always very sensitive to both distraction and lack of stimuli.  In noisy, crowded or overstimulating conditions, I find it impossible to think, hold a conversation, or think creatively.  Sometimes even the presence of another person quietly being in the same room is too much. 

Conversely, silence drives me insane.  When I try to sleep at night in a completely silent and dark room, I will stay up until ungodly hours filling the night with random thoughts, imagining, and, for lack of a better word, night-dreaming.  The absence of input makes my brain fill with all sorts of thoughts which make it impossible to fall sleep.  Night lights, running televisions, white noise machines all are quite necessary for me to get any rest.

Heh, I have the same problems....

Dunno about being eccentric though. I'd consider myself more of an apathetic person than anything.
Call me Shadow
My A/A