Ultimate Teen Titans (Interest Check for Freeform RP)

Started by chaoslord29, March 14, 2013, 10:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 01:28:05 AM
perfect picture

Got to admit, it does fit awfully well. My only concern is how you would integrate the different lantern spectrums into the continuity for this game. Like I said though, that's up to you in your character backstory.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

zenpai

that's easy as much as i that pop any thing. a red lantern would be the bad boy in the group. If he was told too rob a bank he would rip the whole vault out lol.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

apygoos

well the rough idea i have in my head Is that in his final mission as Robin, He and Bats helped out Hal Jordan assisting in an incident on earth. The incident ends up being Fatal for the Blue Lantern, who's Ring then Chooses Dick, his hope that he will never become what Bruce is being the inital spring of Hope that drew the ring to him.

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 01:36:19 AM
well the rough idea i have in my head Is that in his final mission as Robin, He and Bats helped out Hal Jordan assisting in an incident on earth. The incident ends up being Fatal for the Blue Lantern, who's Ring then Chooses Dick, his hope that he will never become what Bruce is being the inital spring of Hope that drew the ring to him.

Now you're cooking with gas!

Next comes the tricky bit, how does someone like that wind up playing Justin Timberlake to Lex Luthor's superhero corporate pop group?
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari

zenpai

i just look in to making an ultimate verson of scare crow.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

chaoslord29

Quote from: zenpai on March 15, 2013, 01:55:36 AM
i just look in to making an ultimate verson of scare crow.

Like to clarify that some friend, haha?
My Guiding Light-

zenpai

A Psychology major with a family history of mental illness. takes a experimental drug to prevents or even stop mental illness. The drug changed his brain to Function at an super human level. Reflex, scents, and mental function are in human. Being able to see and grab a speeding bullet out the air. The only permanent improvement is how fast his thinking is. he need to consume to same drug to maintain his superhuman reflexes and scents.  Thanks to lex corp. he has a suit that turn him temporary intangible. Making him able to walk thru walls. His mask looks like a common Halloween mask. The mask has an air filter and tents to reduce the light.  Hi him self mad mad his own fear gas that is both taste and odorless.

apygoos

making scarecrow super powered takes all the fun out of him, imo. scarecrow alone as he is is pretty wicked. That's just my opinion though.

zenpai

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 08:11:53 AM
making scarecrow super powered takes all the fun out of him, imo. scarecrow alone as he is is pretty wicked. That's just my opinion though.
He has no real powers. i mean he's not stronger, just can react and think faster. turning intangible just add to the fear factor. i like the idea that he could reach into someones chests and crush their heart with out drawing a drop of blood.

chaoslord29

Quote from: zenpai on March 15, 2013, 03:05:04 AM
A Psychology major with a family history of mental illness. takes a experimental drug to prevents or even stop mental illness. The drug changed his brain to Function at an super human level. Reflex, scents, and mental function are in human. Being able to see and grab a speeding bullet out the air. The only permanent improvement is how fast his thinking is. he need to consume to same drug to maintain his superhuman reflexes and scents.  Thanks to lex corp. he has a suit that turn him temporary intangible. Making him able to walk thru walls. His mask looks like a common Halloween mask. The mask has an air filter and tents to reduce the light.  Hi him self mad mad his own fear gas that is both taste and odorless.

Definitely a cool concept, would make a great villain, but remember that Luthor is trying to put together a team of corporate super heroes that the public can identify with and admire, not a bunch of creepy carnival side show types. How is the PR department supposed to pitch Teen Scarecrow, borderline sociopath designer drug addict who goes around ripping out criminals hearts temple of doom style?
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

wait, they're working for Luthor? I thought that was going to be a second group, split up from the interest. Being realistic, you put Grayson, OR Todd next to Luthor, Luthor will have bat problems in an instant almost

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 12:28:55 PM
wait, they're working for Luthor? I thought that was going to be a second group, split up from the interest. Being realistic, you put Grayson, OR Todd next to Luthor, Luthor will have bat problems in an instant almost

Apygoos I'll ask you to reread both the introductory posts I made. The key here in giving the Teen Titans and "Ultimate" feel is reimagining them as Luthor's attempt to create a hip, edgy team of teen super heroes to act as corporate mascots for his various interests and make the Justice League look bad (at least, on the surface).

And yes, the Dark Knight might not take kindly to having his former protege or his greatest failure partnering up with the Metropolis Magnate, but then, that's just another plothook isn't it?
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

i may have an idea then how to run withthis idea but still keep Dick, Dick. nothing like deep undercover. On that line of thought. "Green Lantern? psh try you some Blue Lantern"

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 01:56:46 PM
i may have an idea then how to run withthis idea but still keep Dick, Dick. nothing like deep undercover. On that line of thought. "Green Lantern? psh try you some Blue Lantern"

I actually had a thought about that as well. Don't Blue Lantern's only have their full powers available in the presence of a Green Lantern?
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

Blue Lanterns get their power from Hope, they have their own power rings and batteries, they do not need Green Lanterns to operate.

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 02:03:43 PM
Blue Lanterns get their power from Hope, they have their own power rings and batteries, they do not need Green Lanterns to operate.

Of course, but I thought they're full powers were only made available to them in proximity to a fellow lantern core member of the Green Spectrum. Otherwise they could still fly and be protected and had minor enhancements of strength and ability, but couldn't create the flashier power ring effects; something about Hope requiring Willpower to be meaningful and realized.
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

I never noted that in any of the comics, but looking it up on the DC wiki, this point seems valid..it seems the only other corp that would fit Dick is the Green Lantern's.. *sighs* I was hoping for a more unique twist there, but I dunno, that realization threw a wrench into my plans, lol.

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 02:23:58 PM
I never noted that in any of the comics, but looking it up on the DC wiki, this point seems valid..it seems the only other corp that would fit Dick is the Green Lantern's.. *sighs* I was hoping for a more unique twist there, but I dunno, that realization threw a wrench into my plans, lol.

Well hey it's not like we're doing anything else 'by the book' as it were. We could edit or remove that particular limitation, but I think we still have the same problem that now you're basically just a Green Lantern with a different color filter. Why not play off the 'hope' theme and give the Blue Ring a different sort of quirk or aspect to it that makes it distinct from a Green Ring.
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

Well, aside from being fueled by a different emotion, im not quite sure how else you would make it distinct. The Blue Lanterns are the most powerful of the corps. To most any commoner, They would be just like the GL's but Blue. I'm open to suggestions that might make a  Blue Lantern work.

AribethAmkiir

Are you planning on rewriting Dick's history, as well?  I don't see how having his parents murdered in front of him lays a firm groundwork for a character who has unbridled, unshakeable hope. 

apygoos

Its his hope that he does not turn into the bat, that would be his initial fuel as I saw it. Even then that may be better grounds for a Green Lantern but then that brings me back to the point of there is already a million of them. I may be back to the drawing board with Dick, I dunno...
I have one other farfetcehd idea, but that is a radical rewrite of Dick Grayson's history

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 02:52:18 PM
Its his hope that he does not turn into the bat, that would be his initial fuel as I saw it. Even then that may be better grounds for a Green Lantern but then that brings me back to the point of there is already a million of them. I may be back to the drawing board with Dick, I dunno...
I have one other farfetcehd idea, but that is a radical rewrite of Dick Grayson's history

Suppose I told you the character history I'm going with for Jason Todd has him never actually serving as Batman's sidekick? There's till the bit at the beginning with him jacking the tires off the batmobile, but instead of becoming Robin, Batman leaves him be, simply encourages him to get back on the right track. A young Jason is inspired by this, and so teaches and trainshimself to walk in the path of his idol and become the next Robin, but when he first dons the costume and approaches Batman, the Dark Knight rejects him and dencounces him as a misguided child. Jason is embittered by the experience, and so seeks a position in Luthor's Teen Titans, still under the guise of Robin, as an insult to his former idol.

How would you feel about your character's history now?
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

Jason isn;t the issue[ anymore] with the set up i have with the lantern thing.

If you were wondering what my alternative in mind was. What if It was Clark Kent who witnessed the death of Dicks parents, and not Bruce Wayne? Clark Takes in Richard, who eventually learns that he is Superman. Wanting to become more like Superman, Clark tells Dick of the story of the kryptonian vigilante Nightwing [that story IS cannon actually though]. And Dick becomes Nightwing as Superman's sidekick. the whole Luthor team part of it would still be "keeping an eye on Luthor". with this idea, Grayson may have superpowers, i dunno never decided on that when coming up with this alternative. Yhat though is a RADICAL rewrite of Grayson's history.

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 03:21:24 PM
Jason isn;t the issue[ anymore] with the set up i have with the lantern thing.

If you were wondering what my alternative in mind was. What if It was Clark Kent who witnessed the death of Dicks parents, and not Bruce Wayne? Clark Takes in Richard, who eventually learns that he is Superman. Wanting to become more like Superman, Clark tells Dick of the story of the kryptonian vigilante Nightwing [that story IS cannon actually though]. And Dick becomes Nightwing as Superman's sidekick. the whole Luthor team part of it would still be "keeping an eye on Luthor". with this idea, Grayson may have superpowers, i dunno never decided on that when coming up with this alternative. Yhat though is a RADICAL rewrite of Grayson's history.

You know it is, but it's also still really cool. Kind of like combining Jimmy with Richard into the ultimate heroe's sidekick. Especially if he takes it on himself to join the Teen Titans both to try and be a hero like his idol and keep an eye on Luthor. I would downplay a connection between th two in that case, more Jimmy Olson/Superman than having Clark Kent play foster father to him, even to the point of not knowing Clark Kent is Superman.
My Guiding Light-