[Exotic] Human-Pokémon Interspecies Relationships Club? (+Interest Check)

Started by NestorAjax, March 10, 2024, 06:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NestorAjax

Greetings everyone.

What I’m looking for right now is to enact a scenario in which my “self-insert” character gets persuaded by someone (e.g. an old friend, a new colleague, a random stranger, whatever) into trying out poképhilia, as a way to enrich his life in ways he never thought possible.

(I’m a straight guy IRL so it means it would be reflected on my said “self-insert”, just to be clear.)

If you happen to be familiar with the fanfic titled ATP by KaizerUwU a.k.a. TM45 already, it would be a lot like that. If not (but you’re curious), it’s available right here.

Now, here’s a couple of clarification points on how I would personally prefer it to go:

• I envision this as a freeform sandbox roleplay set in a slice-of-life setting, possibly with some futuristic sci-fi elements, as long as they don’t interfere too much with a general modern day feel to it. The roleplay would be open to all players approved on E who express interest in it, without limitations on any aspect of their real life background, such as genders etc. Acceptable player characters can be human or any pokémon species (considering caveats regarding E’s rule on characters’ ages), also of any gender.
  • The focus of the story wouldn’t be so much on raw smut, as it would be on socialization, mutual appreciation and emotional support, maybe even actual romance, should it come to that. Elements of cultural exploration “mirrored” from real life (e.g. music, other forms of art, foreign languages, heck, even tech geekery) are also highly desirable to me in this scenario.
  • I’m most comfortable with third person perspective and past tense, however other perspectives and tenses are also a possibility I’m willing to consider. Regarding post length, anything goes from 2–3 lines and above, I wouldn’t be setting any hard limits further than that, however longer, multi-paragraph posts are encouraged, if it doesn’t cripple the pace for you too much.
  • I’m good with any number of participants, starting from one-on-one and all the way up as long as the whole thing remains reasonably manageable. Having a GM would be nice, but probably not strictly necessary for a smaller group (but that’s my own opinion). I’m also open to taking the responsibilities of a GM or a co-GM myself if need be, as long as everybody else is alright with me still having characters, that is, being a GM and a roleplayer at the same time.
  • I’m all for a liberal hiatus policy, as long as it doesn’t break interactions abruptly while the rest of the story continues progressing. After all, unexpected circumstances happen to us in real life all the time, why won’t that be the case for our characters either? If it looks like an interaction does get broken abruptly despite everything, the GM would be encouraged to bring it to a point with minimal impact on the character’s progress before putting the said character “on a bus”, to facilitate the possibility of their return at a later point.
  • I believe I should warn you that I’m going to use an AI tool for assistance purposes, so if you personally feel opposed to that for whatever reason, then it’s probably better to just avoid getting involved in this altogether, rather than to complain about this later on. That said, of course I’m not going to do such things as blindly copy-pasting generated content verbatim without doing sanity checks on my own part. My use of AI would be rather… mindful, for lack of a better word.
  • Even though my “self-insert” would be my main focus as a player, ultimately I intend to write as multiple characters of diverse species, genders and preferences, with cameo or more lingering appearances, depending on the interest they present. (Yeah, that also includes smut occuring between my characters.) Other participants are also welcomed, even encouraged (but not required) to do the same. Just keep it comfortable for yourselves.
  • The pokémon would have their physical appearances close to their official ones, without much extra anthroification (barring maybe minor details), however they would generally pass the Harkness test and be capable of giving consent in one way or another. Pokémon of all shapes speaking intelligible English (and maybe other human languages) is something rather common in the kind of setting that I’m having in mind. Of course other forms of communication also exist.
  • Possible exceptions to the above point: human-pokémon hybrids (if humans and pokémon can interbreed, as in produce biological offspring together, under whatever conditions, this is up for discussion), fusion-style hybrids of 2+ pokémon species, products of artificial bioengineering (probably expensive as heck to perform).
  • Genital anatomy wise I’m leaning towards the “anatomically correct” approach (i.e. canine-like pokémon having parts resembling those that are found on canines, and so on). This is open for discussion though, in case others find it to be an off for them.
  • There’s gonna be no such limitation as “one of a kind” for legendary and mythical pokémon species. For example, it deeply frustrates me when someone introduces a Zeraora character, and then the GM forbids everyone else from introducing another because of the “there can be only one” rule. As of the in-universe reason of why, say, multiple Kyogres and even Arceuses can exist, I believe it can be talked out, if lore consistency is important to you. (To be honest, it’s quite important to me too.) Also all those are fully “equipped” and gendered, even though the games consider them genderless or “gender unknown”. Well, maybe except for non-organic lifeforms…

P.S. This thread also serves as an interest check thread. So in case you’re interested in the overall topic, but are turned down by any of the aforementioned specifics, please still don’t hesitate to respond and make your points heard. Maybe, just maybe, we could work something out. 😉