Super Smash Bros. Bangin' (Accepting Applicants)

Started by SammyGirl, May 12, 2014, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyGirl

Oh! I'm sorry, I thought I said I approved. Yes, you're approved zergmuncher. Feel free to join in at any time. x3

Edit: I'm also putting the character profiles for my characters here, since I've redone the first post to make it less cluttered. In addition I'm adding a new character to my list.

Character Name: Samus Aran
Character Gender and Species: Female Human
Originating Game: Metroid
5 words to describe personality: Bold, tenacious, compassionate, sarcastic, and confident.
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Power suit allows Samus the use of an arm cannon that can switch between multiple different beams as well as projectile missiles. She is well trained in Chozo martial arts.
Pokemon or other partner: Pikachu
Brief History: Samus is a bounty hunter for the Galactic Federation. She specializes in apprehending space pirates and has combatted a deadly, almost unstoppable parasitic species known as metroids. She earned the trust of a pikachu in Super Smash Bros. Brawl when they fought side by side against the Sub-space Emissary.

Character name: Shadow The Hedgehog
Character Gender and Species: Male Mobian Hedgehog
Originating Game: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
5 words to describe personality: Aloof, arrogant, obsessive, possessive, and loyal
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Chaos Emeralds allow transformation into Super Shadow. Uses chaos manipulation to alter the tide of battle. Also skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Extremely fast.
Pokemon or other partner: None
Brief History: Shadow the Hedgehog is the "Ultimate Lifeform" created in a lab by Gerald Robotnik. His memories of a girl named Maria haunt him often, but over time he has learned to cope. His relationship with Sonic is competitive, although he tries to portray himself as being above trifling with the blue hedgehog.

Character name: Soren
Character Gender and Species: Male Black Dragon Laguz/Human Hybrid
Originating Game: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
5 words to describe personality: Shy, Intelligent, Realistic, Prejudiced, and Self-deprecating
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Elemental magic, especially wind. Various forms of sorcery. Able to battle using staves and small knives.
Pokemon or other partner: None
Brief History: Soren was the tactical commander of Ike's army. He is very skilled and extremely intelligent, but when he found out that he was part Laguz, he became ashamed of himself and his history. He now does not know where his place is, and is a very lonely person.

Character name: Red Savarin
Character Gender and Species: Male Caninu
Originating Game: Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
5 words to describe personality: Smart-mouthed, extroverted, in-the-moment, playful, loyal
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Red has a stun gun which he uses to defend himself while on foot. He also has a very large sword, which he rarely uses. Red is very quick, agile, and nimble. Most of his battle skills, however, are in piloting his mech, the Dahak. The Dahak is heavily armored and has long arms and sturdy legs. The mech has a flight mode, and while on the ground it can jump extremely high as well as dash and tackle foes. The Dahak's arms are extremely strong and can lift and throw objects of immense size, which is its primary battle ability. Dahak is also able to catch objects or energy thrown at Red during battle and hurl them back at the opponent with twice the power. The mech is customizable and can be enhanced for better speed, power, and jumping ability. Red has a human form (Trance) which makes him more powerful by giving him cyborg qualities of his mech in a human body. It takes a lot of energy for him to use this form and could probably be compared to Sonic's final smash.
Pokemon or other partner: Dahak (battle mech)
Brief History: Red was created as a human/animal hybrid for the purpose of bringing incredible destructive forces across dimensions. However, Merville--one of his creators--gave him defects that would allow him to think, grow, evolve, and live normally. Red was discarded for his own survival and grew up in an orphanage. When he got older, he became a sort of bounty hunter, although he did more odd jobs than anything. He uses Dahak in all of his work.

He came to the Smash Stadium after running into Prince Mallow from Nimbus Land (Red travels the skies and lives among the clouds, so he was not surprised to find a kingdom of cloud people.) Mallow gave him access to a powerful supercomputer left behind at the stadium and dubbed Red the keeper of the games, leaving him a set of instructions written on notebook paper. ...How very odd.....

Vaulera

Hello! I see that there are lots of posts already, but that you're still accepting applicants! Although I don't see her on the applications sheet, I see that Sheik (Zelda, though I'm primarily interested in playing her as Sheik,) hasn't been accepted yet? Is it possible that I could make a character sheet for her and toss it your way, oh ms. GM?

apygoos

*throws appropriate video at screen while working on his Link post*
http://youtu.be/K3KUZVkco4g

SammyGirl

Quote from: Vaulera on July 07, 2014, 10:47:17 AM
Hello! I see that there are lots of posts already, but that you're still accepting applicants! Although I don't see her on the applications sheet, I see that Sheik (Zelda, though I'm primarily interested in playing her as Sheik,) hasn't been accepted yet? Is it possible that I could make a character sheet for her and toss it your way, oh ms. GM?
The person who wanted to play as Shiek resigned the RP, so Shiek/Zelda is open for the taking! you're welcome to join us. We're always accepting applicants since the Smash Bros. is such a big organization. The more people get involved, the easier it will be for the characters to interact as they would if they lived all together in the stadium setting.

apygoos

posted for Link
and now I contemplate Ezio Auditore as a possible character addition...

Vaulera

Character name: Sheikah (Known as Sheik)
Character Gender and Species: Female, Sheikah
Originating Game: Ocarina of Time (1998)
5 words to describe personality: Mysterious, Deceptive, Cunning, Brave, Compassionate
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Sheik uses a variety of tools and weapons, the most obvious of which being deku nuts, which she uses to blind and vanish with. Additionally, she employs the use of Kunai, chains and possesses a wakizashi on her lower back. Her battle skills are exceptional, being acrobatic, highly skilled in hand to hand combat and incredibly quick.
Pokemon or other partner (examples include: Navi for Link, pikmin for Olimar, Toad for Peach): N/A
Brief History: The alter ego of Zelda, Sheikah, or Sheik, as she is called by all, is under the guise of being a survivor of the Sheikah, a race of people sword to the Hyrulian crown, and almost completely gone. Zelda fled Ganondorf with one piece of the triforce, and disguised herself to both work against and spy upon Ganon's activities, awaiting Link's return. Upon his return, Sheik (Zelda,) assisted him, guiding the hero of time and teaching him songs of teleportation on her lyre that ultimately assist in his triumph over the evil Ganondorf. With all of the other members of the triforce assembled in Smash Stadium, it was only natural that she would join them in the times of peace.

Picture (A decidedly more feminine version, if it's not an issue!):
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

SammyGirl

Sheik is approved! Welcome to the RP, Vaulera! I'm putting your name on the character roster as we speak.

Vaulera

Awesome! Only one thing I need to know, and that's where to start. Reading over the thread, I'm not even sure how to start entering the roleplay. Should I even take into account the other Sheik's posts, or disregard them?

SammyGirl

Whether you take the previous shiek's posts into account or disregard them is entirely up to you.

As for how to best enter the RP, the best way is to just come in where a lot of other characters are located. Right now Soren is in his office, and most of the other characters are gathered at the trailer park. Shadow is a ways away from the stadium, in Kerrigan's hive cluster.

Ace Flyer

Hmm...I may have written myself into a corner with outcast/socially reserved characters :p I'll try and post after work today, but, I might sit on the sides a bit until something happens I can involve them in. Dark, alas is not one for socializing, and Marth just wants to find if there is any information in her trailer to explain just what is going on.

apygoos

1) ill once again stress, we should probably have a separate ooc chat thread for this game
2) i dont quite want to knock characters currently in play, but on future applicants: i know the current rule is "if they've appeared on a nintendo game" theyre more or less viable. However while debating Ezio in my head, and even seeing Commander Shepard, and even realizing i can play Batman in this game by those rules, courtesy of Arkham City armored edition for wii u, it robs from the universe itself. Smash brothers is supposed to generally be Nintendo All-Stars. Games whose franchise is core to Nintendo and/or generally appeared on just Nintendo[i.e. marina lightyears from mischief makers.
Just my opinion though..

EdwardShane

Quote from: apygoos on July 07, 2014, 01:34:34 PM
1) ill once again stress, we should probably have a separate ooc chat thread for this game
2) i dont quite want to knock characters currently in play, but on future applicants: i know the current rule is "if they've appeared on a nintendo game" theyre more or less viable. However while debating Ezio in my head, and even seeing Commander Shepard, and even realizing i can play Batman in this game by those rules, courtesy of Arkham City armored edition for wii u, it robs from the universe itself. Smash brothers is supposed to generally be Nintendo All-Stars. Games whose franchise is core to Nintendo and/or generally appeared on just Nintendo[i.e. marina lightyears from mischief makers.
Just my opinion though..

Batman would actually be denied to my understanding.  He was a comic character before he was in any video game.

SammyGirl

As far as an OOC thread, I think you're right. I'll set one up after dinner. It would be very helpful to have a place to chat OOC other than here in the registry.

Unfortunately, Batman is not an acceptable character for the purposes of this rp. Because he originated in a comic book instead of a video game.

apygoos

lsts just throw batman out and aside.
are the likes of Ezio and Sheppard really Nintendo all-stars?
Smash brothers has a very dominantly Nintendo base/appeared not just once. By calling it a Smash Brothers universe, this is something a little more specific than the like of a world akin to the one depicted in "Wreck-it-Ralph", where pretty much any kind of game character could be depicted.

EdwardShane

Does it really matter -that- much? :/ We're here to have fun I thought, not to nitpick over who should and shouldn't be allowed...which, let's be honest, that's not even our call in the end.  It's Sammy's.  She set the rules, and I personally don't see anything wrong with them.

SammyGirl

*sighs*

EdwardShane is right. It's not that important. But to be fair to everyone, when this game started, I laid out the ground rules for character selection. The rules haven't changed since then, and they're listed on the front page so that anyone coming in can see them clearly.

Granted, I made a couple of mistakes by not researching character selections, but since then I've been careful to make sure that every character approved fits into the rules so that it's fair to everyone.

Any characters appearing in any game on any Nintendo system are allowed, excluding characters that originated in books or movies. To me, that keeps it pretty true to the Smash Bros. universe, which is why I made the rules that way.

apygoos

as i said, it was simply my opinion, it is ultimately the GMs choice and these rules were put out clear as day to begin with.
I still think its kinda funny i can seriously consider Ezio Auditore as a character for this game.
It wouldnt be the first guest appearance on a fighter he's had though [soul calibur 3(i think it was 3)]

EdwardShane

Ezio was in 4, not 3.  3 was Vader, Vader's Apprentice, and Yoda.  Also, was Ezio even on a nintendo system?  I might be missing something here if he was...

SammyGirl

apygoos

Quote from: EdwardShane on July 07, 2014, 07:27:08 PM
Ezio was in 4, not 3.  3 was Vader, Vader's Apprentice, and Yoda.  Also, was Ezio even on a nintendo system?  I might be missing something here if he was...
the assassins creed DS games give you access to Altair and Ezio.
the first to appear on a console  was Connor, and then Edward
fun fact: what became revelations was going to be a 3ds title

EdwardShane

Ahhh okay.  Fair enough then, I hadn't heard of it being for the DS

zergmuncher

So with these rules still in place i'm thinking about making a Space Marine from Warhammer 40K. There was a WH40K nintendo ds game. Thoughts?

SammyGirl

Squad command? yeah I remember that. That would be okay, although if you do a space marine, I'd also strongly suggest maybe adopting an additional existing smash bros. character as well. We're pretty short on those.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: zergmuncher on July 07, 2014, 07:54:59 PM
So with these rules still in place i'm thinking about making a Space Marine from Warhammer 40K. There was a WH40K nintendo ds game. Thoughts?

In my opinion (and noting that Sammy already approved it) I would recommend against making a character from the Warhammer 40k universe. I'm a big fan of 40k myself, and have been building up a few armies for a while now, reading the books, playing the pen and papers RPGs...A Space Marine would not be a good fit for a game like this.

As indoctrinated as they are into the way the Imperium operates, a Space Marine simply would not get along well with anyone at this tournament. Link, Zelda, Dark Link? Pointy ears, they're eldar, they die. Anyone that uses magic? Unsanctioned psyker, they die. Karrigan and the zerg? Obviously come wrecthed form of xenos, similar to the tyranids, they die. Anyone with any religious belief that is not the God-Emperor? Heretic, and thus, also dead. Samus, with all of that advanced technology that is most certainly not approved by the Mechanicus? Heretic, dead...Sure, there are Marines that are more lenient and could ignore some of these things, but it would be a very far stretch.

Then you would also have to deal with the fact, well, power-wise, a Space Marine should easily destroy just about anyone that isn't a magic user. So you would have to be okay accepting that, for the sake of the game, a kid smacking him with a baseball bat could defeat him, or that someone as small as Mario can pick him up, throw him, and beat the crap out of him, that Link could pepper him with arrows and whittle him down, and conversely, that these characters getting shot with bolter rounds (which are basically mini-exposive rockets) or being hacked at with a chainsword aren't going to be blown to pieces/dismembered.

Again, this is just all my opinion, but...Lore-wise, and mechanic wise, I don't think a Space Marine can fit in the SSB world. If you want to make one anyway, that's fine, Sammy approved it. But, you asked for thoughts, and here are mine ^^ Most of the reason to enjoy 40k is for the lore (and most of the other reasons for the cool models), so I just feel that should be taken into account. I certainly won't complain too much, though, to having the chance to kick a Space Marine's ass with a simple swordsman, though :p

Dhi

I'm potentially interested in playing a lesbian Rosalina or Princess Peach, but I'd like to wait and see since the current climate doesn't seem to favor such a character.