Players wanted: Supernatural suspense/horror setting (MUL, NC-H/E)

Started by BlackClaws, August 10, 2008, 03:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackClaws

I am considering forming a small game, perhaps a cast of two or four in the form of couples. The couplings can be any pairing at all so long as it is two people with a vested interest in the survival of each other. So, married couple, dating, siblings, parent/child or bff's will all work equally well. For the people involved I would need at least a bit of thought as to who they are, a little history and depth of character to them.

The setting: I am planning a suspense/horror theme. Expect to be isolated with only each other and your own wits to rely upon. Initially you will begin in a location unknown to you, the last couple days lost to you and only the possessions reasonably carried on your person available to you depending on your character and background.

The dangers: While I wish to keep the specific nature of any threats to your characters a secret for the time being I can say that there will be creepiness, odd happenings and outright horror mixed with sexuality, character tensions and mystery. In truth, I plan on taking cues from your characters and histories and ooc discussions to shape exactly what you will be facing and how dark or sexy or horrible of themes you are willing to explore.

Ideally, you should be willing and able to endure/enjoy some or all of the following:

Fear, the threat of death(more on that below), blood, monsters, ghosts, possession, insanity, non-consensual sex or rape, incest, violence and deep, potentially emotionally scarring(for your characters) scenes. I am also fond of vividly detailed descriptions of things and absolutely no 'fading to black' or obscuring of detail.

System: I am inclined to not bog this down by having a formal system involved. Instead I would like to hold the final word on success or failure of actions based upon human limitations, your characters background and a shared realistic assessment of what said character can and cannot do. The possibility of character death does exist, but only in the most extreme cases of intentional or foolish action. I see this as a long running, post by post story that goes on until we as a group choose to end it. The actual ending not being set or planned in any way save that the choices made and events occurring in the scenario will guide us to whatever end we collectively imagine.

Are you in?
"Follow everywhere I go. Top over the mountains or valley low. Give you everything you've been dreaming of. Just let me in.." ~ A. Walker & E. Hollow 'Lily'

"I feel like we are a trigger warning" ~Stormkitten

BlackClaws

"Follow everywhere I go. Top over the mountains or valley low. Give you everything you've been dreaming of. Just let me in.." ~ A. Walker & E. Hollow 'Lily'

schnookums

Well, this sort of game is actually quite intriguing to me. I'd be very interested in playing a daughter if someone was willing to play the father, although I could definitely do other emotional pairings for this game.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

BlackClaws

Quote from: schnookums on August 11, 2008, 12:24:17 PM
Well, this sort of game is actually quite intriguing to me. I'd be very interested in playing a daughter if someone was willing to play the father, although I could definitely do other emotional pairings for this game.

If no one steps up as a father, I could incorporate that element into the story in other ways. But yes, ideally there would be a player willing fill the role.

Chat Noir

I'm interested for sure! I'll find more depth when some other characters to pair with have been suggested.
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

BlackClaws

Those of you that have expressed interest, the sooner we coordinate with each other about what roles everyone is playing and get the pairings set up, the sooner we can begin. Some of you have contacted me via mail or various messengers so the next step would be to get me some info on your character.
For those of you that might enjoy some prompting as far as what sort of things I want to know about your character, use the list below. Free form responses are also welcome, reply here if you want everyone to know or send me a private message if secrecy is the order of the day.

1.      What is your full name?

2.      Where and when were you born?

3.      Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

4.      Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.

5.      What is your occupation?

6.      Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

7.      Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?

8. Are you right- or left-handed?

9. What do you have in your pockets?

10. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

Cobra

Still recruiting?  How many people do you have so far?

Richter “Rich” Malcome Watanabe

San Diego, California ...25 years ago

3.      Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
Both parents perished in car accident when Richter was 5, he was raised by his Uncle, Douglas Watanabe, a doctor.  Douglas was more like an older brother to Richter than a guardian, always a comical character.  Douglas passed away 1 year ago due to a botched heart surgery.

4.      Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.
???? I'm not sure on this yet...

Richter is a paramedic, taking up his Uncle’s trade.

6.      Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
Richter stands 5’11” and weighs 170 lbs.  He frequently works out and has a muscular body to show for it.  He stays fit with many physical activities such as running daily.  His heritage is Japanese and he has brown eyes and black hair.  Richter tends to dress in plain t-shirts and basketball shorts (laid back) unless of course he is the professional world.  He has no scars or tattoos.

Richter has no allergies or illnesses per say… he is an insomniac, a problem that hes been dealing with his entire life.

Richter is right-handed.

He usually only keeps his keys, cellphone, and wallet in his pockets, except on occasion when he keeps a pack of gum with him.

10. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Richter tends to have a sarcastic sense of humor, which dosen’t always thrill those around him.  He also tends to get really quiet when nervous.

Lorelei

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

BlackClaws

Yes, it is still in the works and thank you for the responses. If the current count still holds, I think there are 3 or 4 interested people so far. We need to group you into couples as mentioned in the intro, linked pairs of some kind: Dating, married, siblings, etc. Please note that I WILL be exploiting whatever association you choose as part of the plot so make sure it is something you are willing and able to deal with. Also, the richer the history, the better as I want to work as much of the players into the storyline as I can.

Cobra

I'm down for a M/F role... anyone?

Please PM me if this takes off =P

magnamos

The Setting sounds really interesting. I would be interested to play any Male/Female whatever is left needed.

Background would depend on male or female role. Is there any nich to fill? If not I would also be just happily reading along ;)

Cobra

Sorry I must concede, I am fully stocked on games as it is... ^__^

BigBuckBob

I'd be interested, but as a warning I'm not sure how regularly I can post. Certainly two or three times a week, but at varied times.

An idea I had for one 'couple' was blackmailer and blackmailed. The blackmailer would need to keep the other alive to avoid any investigation should he survive, the blackmailed would continue to act contractually. Would make for an interesting twist if the subject of the blackmail suddenly snapped, or the blackmailer had to save a life.

Not exactly the kind of relationships found in others, but some of the horror movies I've seen have one relationship built on mistrust rather then actual trust, which tends to keep things interesting.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

BigBuckBob

Robert "Buck" Buchanen

Los Angeles, California

Corporate manager for a little known company that got bought out less then a year after father retired, and an at home mom that died at a young age. Raised primarily by a string of young blonde nannies that tended to quit after father offered them a salary bonus.

Live on my own in a penthouse apartment. I spend most of my time at the office, with  my secretary.

Faceless corporate lacky. I have some made up flashy title since it was my dad's company originally, but I don't even get a seat on the board of directors.

Just another corporate suit. The only thing that varies in his style of dress is his tie, he doesn't where one. One of the perks of his position. Pretty much the only perk, since half the company had secretaries. About six foot even, 175 lbs distributed evenly between fat and muscle. Not in the best of shape, but not a slob either. Dark brown hair combed straight back and kept moderately short.

Nothing I'm aware of, but no one ever figured out what killed mother.

Right handed

Keys with bottle opener key chain, wallet, a little kid's swiss army knife, occasionally a pen.

A short temper because of lack of authority at the job, a lack of parental interaction, and a lack of a social life. Except of course, his blackmail hobby.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.