Heroic Fantasy Desert Island Game (D&D 3.5) – (Need Male Characters)

Started by LisztesFerenc, May 29, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Videospirit

I just assumed point buy was the preferred method since it is E6 and there's no system for handling la and rolled stats.

Anyway, the sheet had a few errors from thinking it was 36 point buy that I fixed just now so not having the public permission on until now wasn't so bad anyway.

The background details and history are kind of spare for the moment, since I wanted to confirm a few things like if there is a slot still open for me to join before putting the time in to do a decent backstory, or how the character ended up on the island in the first place.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Videospirit on September 26, 2011, 04:30:46 PMThe background details and history are kind of spare for the moment, since I wanted to confirm a few things like if there is a slot still open for me to join before putting the time in to do a decent backstory, or how the character ended up on the island in the first place.

If the goblin character wants pair up with you then there is still space, otherwise we're full up. Could you imagine your character teaming up with a goblin?

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on September 26, 2011, 07:21:50 AM
As long as their is potential fot m/m options i'd be very interested.

I am sorry but I think I have enough players now. I'll remember you if anymore drop out.

Videospirit

I could see Rose pairing up with a goblin, but I'm not sure how the goblin would feel about it.

yesiroleplay

I know I'd welcome Rose with our group.  I don't think the two of us are tenable against any serious threat.

Rhaegar14

I do. We'd just have to be REALLY careful, use stealth, and ensure that we've won anything resembling a fight before it even starts. XD

EDIT: Oh, and Video: I know that scimitars are, but I'm fairly certain a Falchion is NOT a Desert Wind favored weapon. I'm pretty sure that's only Devoted Spirit.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

yesiroleplay

Yeah, Nelynda can talk herself out of most trouble - but she dies in round 2 if actually targeted.
She is purely a back-liner, and with only two of us, there is effectively no front line

Videospirit

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on September 26, 2011, 11:23:21 PM
I do. We'd just have to be REALLY careful, use stealth, and ensure that we've won anything resembling a fight before it even starts. XD

EDIT: Oh, and Video: I know that scimitars are, but I'm fairly certain a Falchion is NOT a Desert Wind favored weapon. I'm pretty sure that's only Devoted Spirit.

I just double checked to be sure but I was 95% certain since I didn't even look at the other schools when picking my weapon. Desert Wind is: Scimitar, light mace, light pick, spear, and falchion. It's right there at the very end.

Rose isn't completely helpless if a fair fight breaks out though. Hostile Empathic Transfer is a fun power. Doesn't keep me from dying in one round from max hp though, and I don't have the power points to soak too much damage.

Not that Rose is the type to be reckless or have any problem with sneaky assassination tactics, although she'd prefer to circumvent fights altogether instead of risking even the sneaky approach failing.

Edit: Has the goblin player already been in the game since before you started this last batch of recruitment? The 3 who got in before me are a star elf, drow, and human.

Edit 2: Is there some other source for e6 besides this that lists other rules that would allow you to get into assassin without the requisite ranks in hide and move silently or E6 feats and whatnot?

Rhaegar14

Me? I negotiated that with LF. Just bump down the Hide and Move Silently ranks required by two (and waive the stupid alignment requirement) and a 3rd-level character qualifies pretty easily.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

yesiroleplay

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Videospirit on September 27, 2011, 12:02:09 AM
Edit: Has the goblin player already been in the game since before you started this last batch of recruitment? The 3 who got in before me are a star elf, drow, and human.

No I only just posted the thread for them. We will need to work out a way to involve your character in the story. How do you imagine they ended up on the island and for how long have they been there?

Videospirit

I was thinking it might be more interesting to break from the "Shipwrecked or native" standard and have Rose wind up on the island by some sort of magical mishap beyond her control. Possibly even just arriving on the island right into the Goblin's hands.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Videospirit on September 27, 2011, 07:15:12 PM
I was thinking it might be more interesting to break from the "Shipwrecked or native" standard and have Rose wind up on the island by some sort of magical mishap beyond her control. Possibly even just arriving on the island right into the Goblin's hands.

That works. If you want you can include the details of the mishap in your back story. Do you need to know anything from me for character creation?

Videospirit

No... I think that should be everything. The setting outside of the little island isn't stated so I should be able to just take some liberties with the Elan and such to describe the backstory without worry, the outside world won't matter once she's on the island, and the stats have been done for a while now.

I'll get to work on the backstory immediately, how soon are you thinking of introducing Rose into the game?

Edit: Here's the tentative background unless you have an issue with it.

It's been 6 years since she underwent the process to become an Elan. She can be kind of cold and unempathic. She's usually focused more on her own pursuits than that of others, seeking out new experiences, or to better understand her chosen mantles, without much care for how this will impact other beings. She is not malicious in her pursuits however, mastering the sword for a love of the blade, not some desire to make a living off her skills, and prefers to avoid conflict whenever possible.

Backstory: Rose was once a human male by the name of Arngrim Milstein with a girlish figure. A swordsage who had grown to a position of some acclaim in his younger years, mastering every maneuver of the Desert Wind sword-school, who'd grown tired and despondent in his old age. Having nothing left to attain in his art, he learned of the Elan one day, and was seduced by the promise of a new life, the chance to start over, reinvent himself, and master the arts all over again.

He was able to impress the Council with his skills with the sword, but the one in charge of the conversion ritual mistook him for a female at first and so when he awoke he learned that he was now a she.

She was a bit surprised by the change, but found it somewhat liberating at the same time. The Elan were not capable of reproducing sexually after all, so there was no real difference between male and female, and it wiped all thoughts of returning to her old life from her mind. She had wanted to start over, and this gave her even more incentive to do so. Taking the name Rose, she set out remastering her sword techniques from the ground up, guided by hints and whispers of her old life, memories now seeming to belong to another person, reliving the thrill she had experienced when she first mastered the maneuvers oh so long ago. She also expanded her understanding of the being she had now become, focusing on certain core principles to focus her psionic power while incorporating it into her style. The mantles as she called them she chose to explore were those of creation, as she had been created anew, and freedom, as the obligations of her old life had been lifted from her shoulders and she was now free to live a completely new life. Later, as she began to reach the peak of mastery over her blade once more, she expanded her exploration to the mantle of Pain and Suffering, something inherently tied to the art of the sword, and wished to expand her understanding even further.

While humouring her exploration of this mantle exploring a trap filled dungeon Dedicated to Boccob, the god of magic, her companion, a wizard, discovered a strange and powerful scroll said to be scribed by the god himself capable of teleporting the caster and three others to any place in the world.

When they later found themselves trapped facing a dragon of all things he did not hesitate to use the scroll in an attempt to escape to freedom. The power necessary to use the scroll proved to be far beyond him however, and he lost control of the spell. Rose appeared in midair over an unfamiliar island with no sign of the wizard or idea of where she was now. Perhaps this too would be a chance to experience something new.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Videospirit on September 27, 2011, 08:54:53 PMI'll get to work on the backstory immediately, how soon are you thinking of introducing Rose into the game?

As soon as our goblin character leaves the Abandoned Galleon.

LisztesFerenc

I had some players drop out so I am looking for some new ones. No specific archetypes required so feel free to get creative.

LisztesFerenc

LisztesFerenc

Redefined the parameters of what I am looking for. I don't mind some gender disparity in group games, but when there are several females and no males I feel like I need to even things up.

LisztesFerenc

Videospirit

And we have lots of girl characters for you to "interact with" ;p.

Oral addiction

I just stumbled upon this and I am intrigued.  I need to read up on the E6 rules a bit but I am very familiar with 3.5.  I am unsure of my character concept at this point... possibly something in a ranger or druid sub class out of the forest glade, or a swordsage or similar out of the fort.  I'll know a bit more after looking into the E6 more later today.  I'll let you know later if I am throwing a character concept together or not for sure. 

Oral addiction

Quick question as I am doing character creation... And I am working on one, although I am still working out character concepts in my head.  My question is about race. Are there any races that are humanoid ruled out, such as changlings/dopplegangers?  If they appeared in a set humanoid form, but could change at will to other roles... Would something like that be an acceptable racial build?  Also, is it possible to know which characters are still playing?  I would love to know what is going on (just a little) on the island upon my entering the game. Thanks.

LisztesFerenc

Currently we have two gishes, a bard and a holy warrior. If its important for you character concept I don’t mind an exotic race, but double ganger may struggle in E6, since it has racial hit die in addition to LA. Changeling should work though.

Oral addiction

The changeling thing is not necessary I have just always thought it could be interesting to RP one some day... a character that can assume any role and even change sexes at will.  Gives a new meaning to the role of switch hitter.

But I digress. I think I have settled on a  human scout/ranger hybrid that will be a woodland type of scout for the Fort's military.  Is there a character sheet that I am supposed to format this around? Also, just to make sure I understand the creation rules for starting... Start @ level 6, but we're capped @ 6 and just add new feats every 5K of experience or so.  Starting wealth is 13,000 GP and a 32 point buy. How are HP being handled (Max for 1st level and roll or an average or what)?  If you can send me the link for the character sheet and the play thread I'll try to get PC moved onto your format for approval, and I'd like to read some of what has transpired previously... Not so I know what is going on necessarily but so I can get a better feel for the other PC's in the game and their personalities, etc.  Thanks.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Oral addiction on January 07, 2012, 11:18:08 PM
How are HP being handled (Max for 1st level and roll or an average or what)?

I already covered this in a PM, but just in case someone else wants to join (hint hint) and need to know this the answer is maximum at first level, then roll, rerolling 1s if you have d4 hitdie, 1s and 2s if you have d6 ect.