She is a Link to Magic

Started by Sabby, February 08, 2008, 10:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Set in an alternate universe, in Belgium during what would be WWII. In this world, technology is second to Magic. Machinery is very different to our world, working in ways it cannot here, with steam power and Magic. Humans all have a link to the mysterious power of Magic, but no one can fathom just how deep and how colossal Magic truly is. What humans have seen of it is predicted to be barely one per cent of the power of Magic. To touch upon even a small portion could provide the means of obliteration an entire continent and sinking it into the ocean, or to create a renewable source of energy to supply the worlds power needs eternally.

Very small acts of Magic are possible by most commoners, and those who find tutors can master some truly incredible skills. Those that go too far... often meet a grisly death, over come by the unfathomable power they have tried to grasp, and destroyed. Play with fire, but do not mess with an inferno, they say.

Now, the Nazi equivalent of this world has began looking into possible uses for Magic to wage war on a larger scale. War Machines and Mages  are not enough. They want something devastating, something that will make every other nation quiver in fear at the power of Germany.

A young woman is the result. Through incredibly complex science and occult research, they have created something they hadn't even hoped to achieve. Something better then a world shaking weapon. A Link. They have made a Link to Magic. Using this woman, they have the means to tap into limitless Magic. The possible uses are endless, and now all that remains is understanding how this Link works.

But what happens when the girl escapes? A bump on the head, and she loses much of her memory, being taken in by traveling Gypsy's and whisked away.

No doubt the Nazis(?) will be searching tirelessly for her, and when she is saved from their soldiers by a very skilled mechanic boy, he is inadvertently drawn in to this whole mess.

Why does some machinery thrum in response to her presence? Why is her left breast missing? When and if the time comes, what kind of havoc can she create in her own defense? Or is she just a ticking time bomb, ready to tear a hole in the universe and destroy reality because mortal man just had to mess with powers beyond their comprehension?

Freeform. A sexual romance will form between these two. I can play either :)

Serenity Vixen

Wow!
All I can say is... Wow!
This is a really fascinating idea to me, and I can hardly wait to see what you do with it. I find the girl they created to be particularly fascinating. It reminds me a little of the anime  Eureka Seven, although the setting is completely different. I think you have a winner here :)
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Cjac

Interesting idea.  But there is that romance thingy again... *laughs*
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. -Bob Marley
CjaC passed away on February 17th, 2008, thus her account restriction. We remember her fondly.

Sabby

Hey, Magical powered Nazi War Machines are after your girlfriend... a guy who doesn't leave his girl through that is damned committed.

Cjac

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. -Bob Marley
CjaC passed away on February 17th, 2008, thus her account restriction. We remember her fondly.

Spirit_Wolf

this is a great story- bloody hell I wish i had your imagination of creation~ to bad we already have a story togeather cause I would sooo take this one too :P
“That old black magic has me in its spell, That old black magic that you weave so well; Icy fingers up and down my spine, The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine”

...:::|Ons & Offs |:::...
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12763.

Sabby

Awww, come on... one more ;) I've been brainstorming... imagine how awesome Hitlers army army would be with the cool steam power/magic technology.

...Pyros with something much more frightening then fire

Spirit_Wolf

beautiful-.....wel... if its ok....then I could take a part. What charrie were you wanting to play?
“That old black magic has me in its spell, That old black magic that you weave so well; Icy fingers up and down my spine, The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine”

Sabby

I'd like to try the mechanic, but if it works better for you, I can take the girl.

If you do take the girl, don't think of magic in the traditional sense. Here, Magic is the absolute reality. The laws of physics and time and space are all governed by its power, so with a link into its full power, as she develops her grasp of it, you will have a LOT of freedom with it.

Spirit_Wolf

sounds perfect sabbat, I can play the girl~ if your willing to have me in another story :D
{btw, posted in brother}

Sabby

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12929.0

^^^ Games up. Your character is the "Subject J" described in the last scene.

Oh, and the Catboy game I was telling you about before is free now. Its all yours

Spirit_Wolf

great on the catboy- can you pm me the link?

rainshadow

Impressive concept indeed. I applaud you. The "bump on the head" bit reminds me of Elven Lied (another anime). Good luck with your game.
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Sabby

I don't want to sound like an over confident bastard, but a game must be good if the advert gets posts after the game is up, hehe. Thank you.