Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning ~ CLOSED!

Started by persephone325, August 01, 2016, 11:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

So she would be like Sylar, but "Good" Sylar. When instead of digging around in brain meats to figure out how their power works, he just slowly figures it out with their help and practice like when Elle showed him how to lightning.

Lockepick

I don't disagree, that could be a great idea for a connection between two characters. I'll say what I said for Cuchulainn's comment about an idea that could work: I think the other implications of the character, and how it effects a global group game, can't just be ignored. I would once again offer that it sounds like a great plot for a 1x1.

I think I've said all I have to say on the topic; perhaps too much, especially coming from somebody who has nothing to do with the approval process!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Amarlo

Okay, so... I may be creating a second character but I'm not sure about faceclaims or not yet. I am curious if it's okay that I use art for depictions, however, rather than strictly photography and manipulated images?

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Juggtacular

Quote from: Amarlo on August 08, 2016, 10:08:54 AM
Okay, so... I may be creating a second character but I'm not sure about faceclaims or not yet. I am curious if it's okay that I use art for depictions, however, rather than strictly photography and manipulated images?

I'm not Persephone, but in a game based on comics I think it'd be okay to use art and drawings to show your character, especially if heavy manips would be needed otherwise. Like for Beast or Nightcrawler or Penance.

Amarlo

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 08, 2016, 10:12:07 AM
I'm not Persephone, but in a game based on comics I think it'd be okay to use art and drawings to show your character, especially if heavy manips would be needed otherwise. Like for Beast or Nightcrawler or Penance.
Those are my thoughts as well, but can never be to careful!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Orange Marmalade

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Amarlo

I blame Orange!

Sidenote -
Rachel Dashae reserved for Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Orange Marmalade

DinaFlower

Orange Marmalade, am I wrong. Or did you GM the other Xmen game I was in?

AribethAmkiir

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Aida Rose

Tentative: Idie Okonkwo reserved for Aida Rose

Aïssata plays PC Oya

[b][color=magenta]Idie Okonkwo[/color][/b] reserved for [i]Aida Rose[/i]

[b][color=magenta]Aïssata [/color][/b] plays PC [i]Oya[/i]

Ambrose

noodlebloom

Some dude decided to play the trumpet on the balcony next door at 2 AM, so I'm awake and thinking about making a second character. (And maybe playing Nightcrawler as a teacher, who knows). Can I get some opinions on a dude that has pheromone-related powers? Like, essentially he's this huge nerd that not only puts out chemicals that affect attraction, but he can sort of sense other people's sexual chemistry/compatibility. I'm thinking the power works via scent, but he's got a kind of synesthesia thing going on where he sees attraction as different colored floating mist, almost like an aura. He's incredibly embarrassed about the whole thing, and he can't control his powers well at all. Would that be interesting, or do I need to shut up and sleep?

DinaFlower

Quote from: noodlebloom on August 09, 2016, 04:00:18 AM
Some dude decided to play the trumpet on the balcony next door at 2 AM, so I'm awake and thinking about making a second character. (And maybe playing Nightcrawler as a teacher, who knows). Can I get some opinions on a dude that has pheromone-related powers? Like, essentially he's this huge nerd that not only puts out chemicals that affect attraction, but he can sort of sense other people's sexual chemistry/compatibility. I'm thinking the power works via scent, but he's got a kind of synesthesia thing going on where he sees attraction as different colored floating mist, almost like an aura. He's incredibly embarrassed about the whole thing, and he can't control his powers well at all. Would that be interesting, or do I need to shut up and sleep?

I think it sounds interesting! And who feels the need to play the trumpet at 2am?

Elf

I agree, that sounds very interesting.

DinaFlower

You would have fun around Amber. As her power is to make other people's powers stronger. And there is no off switch.

Orange Marmalade

I would shy away from Powers are that totally sex related, imo.

Ace Flyer

It sounds fun, imo.

If you were looking for similar characters, I think Wallflower, Stacey X, and Daken are all Marvel characters with a similar ability. According to Google anyway...The only thought I had after reading that was Poison Ivy, so I was curious is Marvel had any examples of that kind of power too ^^;

Black Howling

: Daken possesses another unique ability, the full nature of which is unknown. Daken has demonstrated the ability to manipulate his pheromones for the purpose of suppressing his own scent to such a degree that even Wolverine's senses are unable to detect him. He can also use his pheromones to manipulate the emotional state and sensory perceptions of other beings. He has been known to use this power to instill intense fear, happiness, depression, sexual arousal, and a false sense of security to other beings. This allows him to seemingly appear where enemies can't see him, enabling him to inflect damage before an opponent realizes it. Such tactics give opponents the belief that he can either teleport or move at superhuman speeds, though he stated during his fight with Deadpool that he doesn't possess either of those powers. His pheromone powers appear to be physical in nature, not psionic. He also uses this ability against Spider-Man when Spider-Man attempts to infiltrate the Dark Avengers, he tells Spider-Man his abilities allow him to distort enemies, hinder their depth perception and visual acuity, causing the hero to fight sluggishly. Daken used this power unconsciously during his youth and formative years, which was a primary reason his adoptive mother didn't love him, though the mysterious Romulus has taught him to consciously use and control it. This power was used during his romance with Karla Sofen and to confuse his male teammates by instilling romantic feelings in them. He also appears to have great knowledge as to the capabilities of pheromones in general as well as their taste and smell. In conjunction with his enhanced senses and knowledge of pheromones, he can expertly judge the emotional/physical state of those around him, both animal and human

That's the description of Daken's that was mentioned, taken from the wiki.. You'll notice the sexual manifestations are not the only useful applications of this ability, and I'd suggest maybe making this character have more due to Persephone's words here.

QuoteHow much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any? I don't want this game to be smut-driven, but I'm not leaving out the sexual element. Use in moderation. I will make a thread dedicated solely to sexual encounters, so as to not disturb the flow of the game.

She's gone through a lot of lengths to keep the game from being derailed into just smut, and a character who's powers are sexually focused isn't really sticking to this. Pheromones have a lot of other applications, maybe look into focusing on some of those as well? That said, Daken has bone claws and other animal like powers, so I think it would probably work best on a Feral. Similar to Jessica Drew's spider powers, the pheromones were just another part of them.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to knock the idea, just offering my two cents on the subject.

Cuchulainn

Edit: Just noticed Ace Flyer mentioned Laurie "Wallflower" Collins, so yea shout out to him

Quote from: Black Howling on August 09, 2016, 11:11:02 AM

She's gone through a lot of lengths to keep the game from being derailed into just smut, and a character who's powers are sexually focused isn't really sticking to this. Pheromones have a lot of other applications, maybe look into focusing on some of those as well? That said, Daken has bone claws and other animal like powers, so I think it would probably work best on a Feral. Similar to Jessica Drew's spider powers, the pheromones were just another part of them.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to knock the idea, just offering my two cents on the subject.

I would agree a little with BlackHowling, although I would also want to point out one of my favourite x-men characters.
Laurie Collins, her powers was just pheromones, whats more because of her inability to control her powers she would tend to make people feel whatever emotion she was feeling. Having him start with a weakness like this I feel would allow you to get the results you want alongside other hilarious situations, for example:

Whenever he feels a strong sexual desire for someone he might flood the room with sexual desire but on the flip-side, if he was say in the danger room during a lesson taken by wolverine. It would be hilarious if he flooded the room with fear pheromones to the point where wolverine screamed like a little girl.

Also despite the fact she might look like a lightweight, read the new mutant story-line during house of M
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Girl was crazy, made Kid Omega so depressed he killed himself, then made the hellions, new mutants and I guess purifiers(?) take one another out.

Hell, if I remember I saw some gender swapped characters and I think her shy demeanour would work perfectly for your nerdy teen.

DinaFlower

So I am talking to my Mistress about making an Account on here and trying to join this game as a teacher. We where talking about her power being the power to take away other peoples power for a time. Not use it herself. Just take it way so they can not. Would that be OP or godlike?\

EDIT: Repression is a better way to say it. She can repress their powers for a time.