Pathfinder Interest Check

Started by Cythieus, June 03, 2010, 05:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackBox

I would aslo like to apply for this game. if I'm not to late, judging from the number of replies and the statet size of the game.

Cythieus

You're not too late of course.

RubySlippers

Character Name: Sylshara

Class: Rogue

Race: Elf

Sex: Female

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Short Back Story: Born in the area to the elven folk she had a typical decent childhood until she came to the town as a youth and applied her racial abilities and rogue skills to more profitable use mostly enjoying the human city. And she has many options her long life gives her a patience no human can enjoy and a chance to wait out rivals as they age but she is not evil her view is stealing from those that can afford it and information gathering work/scouting is fine but there is no need to kill without a good reason. Among her people she is an odd duck that goes along her own path but her ties to the humans and skills working around the roguish sorts may prove an asset.

Appearance: Played by Angelina Jolie (with elf features, around her look when she did GIA) and tends to dress practically to show off her figure tastefully and is armed with an Elven Curved Blade on a back scabbard.

Cythieus

Had one of the PMs back out, which is fine, nothing too big. I kind of want to wait and see if this drums up more interest before going on.

RubySlippers

No problem I'm tickering with ideas.

Any idea on the what power level for character ability scores this will be?

Cythieus

I have to ask what you mean by power-level? This is going to be a 25 point buy, if that's what you're asking. That's Epic Fantasy level.

RubySlippers

That's it.  ;D

Just working on ideas and doing notes to see what I want to do.

Cythieus

That's fine, I understand. And you might want to look at weapons there are some extra ones now. I will be posting some of the stuff about guns later. No one can buy them yet.

Brandon

The last one you ran, went pretty well so Im willing to give it another shot. So heres Kayven

Name: Kayven Relovichi
Sexual orientation: heterosexual
Class: Fighter
Race: Human
Alignment: CG

Description: Kayven is a mountain of a man, standing just over six feet tall with a naturally built muscular frame making his body look like a chiseled and naturally formed farm hand rather then an athlete. At first glance anyone can see he is of Cheliaxian descent with pale white skin, enticing green eyes, and long pitch black hair that falls just past his shoulders. Occasionally he ties his hair back but more often then not it is as wild and untamed as he seems to be. Beneath his clothes one can find a few scars around his chest and stomach as well as a single tattoo on his back in the shape of a massive dragon. His clothes vary but he often wears fine garments with vibrant and warm colors like red, yellow, and white that are worn so people will pay attention to him. His armor and weapons seem mundane at first glance but Kayven often hangs intricately carved token's on them as a form of decoration.

Personality: Kayven is many things but the most obvious parts of his personality is his sense of freedom and justice which seems odd due to his obvious ancestry. He is at heart a good person who tries to do the right thing no matter what the cost and he dislikes it when rules and laws get in the way of doing what he thinks is right.

Beyond his morales and ethics, people find him open minded, thoughtful, charitable, and most of all entertaining. He enjoys bringing smiles to others faces whether its through a joke, a fantastic story, or a tankard of mead.

He likes to fight, yet he prefers when battle is in more of a competitive nature. A friendly duel between friends or fighting competition are things he enjoys but at the same time he's never shy about drawing his sword and spilling blood in the defense of others or himself. He only dislikes the necessity of those situations

He sends letters back home to his family in Westcrown every month or so, often apologizing for his sudden disappearance and to let them know how he is doing. Sometimes he wishes he could return to them just to visit but the road the call of the people are often what makes him keep wandering.

Background: Kayven grew up in Westcrown, Cheliax. He was born into a middle class family where his father, Orvat, was an officer in the City watch and his mother, Mayong, a local healer and herbalist. Among his two siblings were his older sister Mayla, who worked as another City guard and his younger brother Ryl who was training to become a doctor when Kayven left his home. Early on in his life Kayven was enamored with his father, and later on sisters trade and took to learning how to use a sword and shield when he was just a boy. Furthermore like many boys he dreamed of one day traveling the world, slaying beasts that threatened peoples lives, and making a true and lasting difference for the poeple. All lofty goals for just a boy and for one from the nation of Cheliax.

When Kayven came of age he offered his sword arm to the city watch of Westcrown, like his father and sister before him and was hired on as a novice. Like everyone in such a beginning position and without a powerful family to ease his way into greater positions of power Kayven spent many cold nights capturing thieves and keeping the peace in Westcrown. However over a few years of service he noticed that things weren't as they should have been. There were more then a few times where he was punished for bringing certain thieves to justice and despite all the evidence he and his colleagues had collected others were pronounced innocent in the courts. When he saw this seedy underbelly of favoritism Kayven felt the few victories over crime that he managed were hallow indeed.

On one final night in Westcrown six months ago Kayven cornered a known rapist who he had caught red handed three times before yet always escaped justice. In that dark alley, Kayven raised his sword, ready to slay the man where he stood to keep the people safe and in that moment he realized how hallow all his work had become. He had fought, bleed, and exhausted himself for the country and it would not repay him. He decided that things needed to change and for the first time in his career he took justice into his own hands and slayed the man to spare Westcrown's citizens from further evil, an act that he regrets to this day. Not because he became a vigilante in that moment but because in hindsight he believed he could have handled the situation better and without spilling blood. That night when he returned home he packed his bags and left his family a note of his intentions. Since the fight for the country had become so Hallow he instead decided he would go on a journey and fight for himself as an adventurer
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

RubySlippers

I've finalized my character I still LOVE the Rogue so will stick with it but a "very much into human culture at the moment" Elf. And I noticed they can pick up spells a bit to splash in a little arcana in there.

Cythieus

I will be making the actual OOC in the next few days here.

RubySlippers

Good I've got my character noted out so doing her up to a sheet won't take long.

BlackBox

On second thought I think my plate is full enough, so I think I'll bow out.

fallensaviour

would a kobold sorcerer work for this game? they're stated in the monster manual with rules for playing them

Cythieus

Core starting races only, that is to say the seven main races.

Putting the OOC up today (monday)

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

RubySlippers

1st. I know not impressive but you can only get better.  ;D

Here is the draft notes for my character I think I have her covered well but have more equipment to get. In the online equipment are you allowing the rogue gear like skeleton keys and such. I was thinking it would be worth to invest in some later on try the Skeleton Key before having to try and pick the lock. None looks out of wack like sasheswith hidden pockets and such.

Name: Sylshara
Race: Elf
Class: Rogue
Level: 1
Armor Class: 15
Hit Points: 9
Alignment: N
Deity: Calistria

ABILITY SCORES
Strength 12 [+1]
Dexterity 16 [+3]
Constitution 12 [+1]
Intelligence 16 [+3]
Wisdom 13 [+1]
Charisma 14 [+2]

FEATS
Martial Weapon Proficiency- Elven Curved Blade

ROGUE CLASS ABILITIES
Sneak Attack +1d6
Trapfinding [+1]

INITiATIVE [+3]

WEAPONS
Dagger
Elven Curved Blade

ARMOR
Leather Armor

SKILLS 12 pts.
Acrobatics [Dex] 1 ranK (+7)
Appraise [Int] 1 rank (+7)
Climb [Str] 1 rank (+5)
Disable Device [Int] 1 rank (+7)
Escape Artist [Dex] 1 rank (+7)
Stealth [Dex] 1 rank (+7)
Perception [Wis] 1 rank + 2 elf bonus (+6)
[Dex] 1 rank [+6]
Sense Motive [Wis] 1 rank (+4)
Slight of Hand [Dex] 1 rank (+7)
Swim [Str] 1 rank (+5)
Use magic Device [Cha] 1 rank (+6)

LANGUAGES
Common
Draconic
Elven
Sylven

EQUIPMENT
Leather Armor
Elven Curved Blade
Daggers x 2
Thieves' Tools

GOLD REMAINING 71

Cythieus

Skeleton keys and the like will be fine, as will some of the equipment from the Pathfinder Equipment guide. Most of it seems to be on the site there, there's ALOT. When I get back home I will get the screen shots of the books on guns and the like.

RubySlippers

Well a rogue with money would invest in her tricks and diversions right now my character needs the basics first and later get Masterwork Thieves' Tools.

By the way is there Thieves' Cant as a language I didn't notice it but would take it if its available.

Cythieus

I don't think there is one actually. I will check in some of the source stuff though.

Callie Del Noire

Cythieus

Yeah, I didn't have many applicants that actually tried to post anything that was an actual sheet, just a little interest. I will look over it one more time though because I only gave it a quick glance over as I've been in and out really fast lately. But I want to try and include everyone who posted. I might be able to do more since it will be more of a combat light thing.

Geeklet

I've got a character in mind, just haven't had the time to write it up yet. Should I go ahead and post the full thing in the character thread, or give you a brief bio here first?

Cythieus

You can just post in the character thread.