SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niferbelle

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: LunarSage on January 04, 2013, 01:36:19 PM
You read that backwards.  :P

Vehicular armor deflects all all damage that it's AR can circumvent with nothing getting through (though damage to the vehicle should still be played out.  Dents and scratches and whatnot.).  Non vehicular armor (anything that isn't armor on a vehicle) will protect you, but you're still going to take 1 CR of stun no matter what.  Even with Tough x4, getting shot in the balls is gonna be painful.

Whoop. I did indeed. So much for having metaphorical Balls of Steel.

Sadly, that's not an option on the Cyberware charts, so I can't have literal Balls of Steel either.

Pumpkin Seeds

Could just hope that they are so immense and hairy that people become terrified and run?

TheGlyphstone

Pumpkin Seeds

Sign this or else :: swinging in the breeze with a twinkle in his eye::

TheGlyphstone

"Did he just sign that with his..."
"Yes."
"Pay the man."

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 04, 2013, 09:23:39 AM
Sweet.

Er...*looks at empty bank account*....Disclosed, I think I'm gonna need a small loan when we start the game off. I know Hanna will want my character naked as much as possible, but it makes negotiations very awkward.

That...is so doable.  But yes yes Hanna thinks naked is a very good state for him to be in.  Also, dude, call me Dis.  I know we haven't played together in a while, but Dis is so much shorter to write than Disclosed, lmao.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 04, 2013, 02:24:56 PM
Whoop. I did indeed. So much for having metaphorical Balls of Steel.

Sadly, that's not an option on the Cyberware charts, so I can't have literal Balls of Steel either.

Hanna votes no on balls of steel.  She already has more than a handful to deal with in the bedroom, steel balls is just asking for trouble.

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Josietta

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 04, 2013, 01:47:35 PM
And for those of you unfamiliar with system games and confused by all the stat talk...

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

::) XD

For those confused or whatnot... all that talk just basically said.. you will suffer 1 stun for anything you do no matter if you are in a car or not.  Its more or less like you get bruised.

Cars have armor just like people do in shadowrun.

If you have on armor while in a car it will help you should you get in an accident. 

Armor has two ratings  ballistic (ie  punches, falls, anything blunt or such)  and lethal (gunshots, arrows, etc).   So having armor of any kind on you at all times while being a runner is a good idea.

Also.. Armor can look cool. It can just look like wicked leather jackets if you want. :)   Not necessarily some big bulky thing.

And the tough attribute helps you soak damage on top of the armor you have. ((at least if I read that right, thats how it is)) 

At the end of the day its good to have some of at least one of those if not both.  Just for survival reasons... else you might be target for squashing like a berry in a trolls fist. >.>  *hides her sweet girls from the big bad trolls*

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kuroneko

I have a quick question,

I was just reading Lottie's bio, and I see that in addition to the two languages her language skills have bought, she also has her native language – Icelandic. If we are counting native languages as innate skills, is it possible for me to have Ume speak Japanese and Romani because of her parents and then use her language skill for third language, say either the Elvish language or Arabic?

edit:  I just asked Michael about it as well – all I'm really looking for is a smattering of Romani words, just a bit beyond what anybody might find on the matrix, picked up from her mother, in order to be able to swear colorfully and to refer to Romani mythology and superstition.

Double edit: I just talked with Michael again and I'm going to stick with her language skills as per the bio, and just have her be able to use a few choice swear words and superstition related words from the Romani language :).
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

bubby

*Sighs as a lot of her day before work was taken up by stupid people*

I wasn't able to spend as much time on my bio today as I hoped, but I'm still hoping to have it done tomorrow at some point. I'm working on fleshing the char atm, and saving the getting gear/spending money for last, since that will be the most confusing. Expect a lot of " OMG WHAT DO I DO!" PM's from me tomorrow!

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 04, 2013, 03:20:39 PM
I have a quick question,

I was just reading Lottie's bio, and I see that in addition to the two languages her language skills have bought, she also has her native language – Icelandic. If we are counting native languages as innate skills, is it possible for me to have Ume speak Japanese and Romani because of her parents and then use her language skill for third language, say either the Elvish language or Arabic?

edit:  I just asked Michael about it as well – all I'm really looking for is a smattering of Romani words, just a bit beyond what anybody might find on the matrix, picked up from her mother, in order to be able to swear colorfully and to refer to Romani mythology and superstition.

Double edit: I just talked with Michael again and I'm going to stick with her language skills as per the bio, and just have her be able to use a few choice swear words and superstition related words from the Romani language :).

:) Glad I could help
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Senti

Quote from: Niferbelle on January 04, 2013, 02:06:13 PM
I spotted a Senti!

It is an illusion you saw nothing....

Actually I nearly have a character done. I tried to make her well behaved I really did :P

TheGlyphstone

My assumption for Language was that you got one 'native' language, and had to buy fluency in extra languages with Skill points.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 04, 2013, 05:27:06 PM
My assumption for Language was that you got one 'native' language, and had to buy fluency in extra languages with Skill points.

This is correct. One native languague. If that native language is not English, then you would need to spend a skill point in laguage/English if you want to able to speak/ understand English.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

undisclosedtoyou

I have a question.  Are items like motion sensors bulky?  Is it possible to have these things as small and compact? 
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ciosa

There are modern day motion sensors that are 18mm.  With 58 years of technological advancement, it's not unreasonable to believe smaller models would be available - but there's a sliding scale of effectiveness between size and range - the larger an are it covers, the larger the sensor, and vice versa.

undisclosedtoyou

Should I distinguish how large an area an item covers, when putting them down in Hanna's sheet?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ciosa

If it's not too much to pry - are you intending it as a home security measure, or something she uses in the field?    Either way, the GMs will probably have a better idea what kind of ranges they'd like such items to have.

LunarSage

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 04, 2013, 06:37:12 PM
Should I distinguish how large an area an item covers, when putting them down in Hanna's sheet?

I wouldn't worry about being too specific.  Remember, we're keeping things relatively simple.  Just keep it reasonable when it comes to using them in the RP and you should be good.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

TheGlyphstone

Is it typical for the Face in a team of runners to actually be present for the insertion/extraction?

LunarSage

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 04, 2013, 06:43:54 PM
Is it typical for the Face in a team of runners to actually be present for the insertion/extraction?

It will be for the purposes of this game.  The face must risk failure and injury like everyone else with the run rolls.  This is to keep things simple and fair.

Outside of the runs that get rolled for... that's entirely up to how you want to RP it out.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

undisclosedtoyou

It would be something she uses in home security.  I thought about her using it in the field, but to be honest, too many gadgets would subtract from the fact that she's still a bit clumsy with her trade.  She has experience, but going from doing it as a fun diversion from her every day routine, to professionally, I...well, want there to be an element of uncertainty in her dealings.  Plus it might be fun to have her stumble into a situation, caught unaware, and have to sort of....wiggle her way out of danger.

Quote from: LunarSage on January 04, 2013, 06:41:35 PM
I wouldn't worry about being too specific.  Remember, we're keeping things relatively simple.  Just keep it reasonable when it comes to using them in the RP and you should be good.  :-)

Sweet!  Thank you Mr. Mighty mighty!

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 04, 2013, 06:43:54 PM

You make it too easy...... >:)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 04, 2013, 06:48:10 PM
It would be something she uses in home security.  I thought about her using it in the field, but to be honest, too many gadgets would subtract from the fact that she's still a bit clumsy with her trade.  She has experience, but going from doing it as a fun diversion from her every day routine, to professionally, I...well, want there to be an element of uncertainty in her dealings.  Plus it might be fun to have her stumble into a situation, caught unaware, and have to sort of....wiggle her way out of danger.

Sweet!  Thank you Mr. Mighty mighty!

You make it too easy...... >:)

It wouldn't be any fun otherwise. Occasionally there needs to be low-hanging fruit for you to swallow. :D

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 04, 2013, 06:52:51 PM
It wouldn't be any fun otherwise. Occasionally there needs to be low-hanging fruit for you to swallow. :D

O.O

-.-

O.O

Here here!  I'll toast to that!

Quote from: Josietta on January 04, 2013, 06:55:11 PM
>.>   

My sentiments exactly!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's