SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Corvus

Glyph... just an idea that Pumpkin Seeds had.

Why not just use a picture of Dolph Lundgren as your "Giant" and be done with it. Then you can find other pictures of him too, if you'd like to insert them in your posts during gameplay to represent your character in that scene.

Here's a good pic of him as a "Face"

My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

LunarSage

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 03, 2013, 10:24:38 PM
Two questions about armor:

1) Does it stack - i.e., can I wear an Armor Vest underneath Armored Clothing, or a Lined Coat over Armored Clothing, and get total AV3? It'd be 200 nuyen more than the Armored Jacket, with the benefit of not being obviously armored (can wear it to a dinner party, for example).

2) Does Armored Clothing come in higher-quality styles? For example, can I get an Armored Business Suit for the sum total of Armored Clothing + Business Suit, and have it be one set of clothing instead of two?

1.  No, worn armor doesn't stack.  That's just a general balance thing.  You use the greater of the two Armor Ratings. 

2.  Yep, that's correct.  Pay the armored clothing price and add the other clothing cost on top of that.

Glyph, would you be adverse to having to pay a little more for clothing considering your character's monstrous (as in beyond even troll) size?

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

LunarSage

Quote from: Dhi on January 04, 2013, 02:11:52 AM
I noticed cameras are listed for ¥100. I'd like to spend much more than that on some cameras. In the real world I've paid $1200 for a camera even though you can get them for $100. I'd like to set aside like ¥5,000 for a few cameras and lenses and say that they are much better quality. Is that okay?

Also, Forbidden tier items. I'd like to have Aluminum Bone Lacing and two High Explosive Grenades. The bone lacing was done in Russia where the regulations are much looser, though the work was also inferior and a health problem for her. The explosives are a souvenir from a job where she was required to blow a reinforced door. Although she was able to open the door without explosives, she pocketed the grenades for a rainy day. Does that sound reasonable?

Yep, Michael handled that.  Pay as much as you want for a camera but 100 nuyen is the minimum.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: LunarSage on January 04, 2013, 07:20:17 AM
1.  No, worn armor doesn't stack.  That's just a general balance thing.  You use the greater of the two Armor Ratings. 

2.  Yep, that's correct.  Pay the armored clothing price and add the other clothing cost on top of that.

Glyph, would you be adverse to having to pay a little more for clothing considering your character's monstrous (as in beyond even troll) size?

I was going to do that anyways until someone told me I shouldn't...so no, I would not object at all. Though I was going to give my character an un-statted 'skill' in sewing, since he's probably used to making his own clothes a lot of the time - so if you want me to pay a premium as freehand representation of buying the raw material/having custom-made clothes made extra big, that's fine.

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 04, 2013, 03:07:11 AM
Glyph... just an idea that Pumpkin Seeds had.

Why not just use a picture of Dolph Lundgren as your "Giant" and be done with it. Then you can find other pictures of him too, if you'd like to insert them in your posts during gameplay to represent your character in that scene.

Here's a good pic of him as a "Face"

I'm sold. I originally wanted to use Dolph as my picture, but for the life of me I could not find a picture of him with his shirt on. This will work great, and I can use the sketch-version for other situations.

Dhi

This character sheet thing takes quite a long time, but I got it done. I hope you guys like reading.

LunarSage

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 04, 2013, 08:55:47 AM

I was going to do that anyways until someone told me I shouldn't...so no, I would not object at all. Though I was going to give my character a 'skill' in sewing, since he's probably used to making his own clothes a lot of the time - so if you want me to pay a premium as freehand representation of buying the raw material/having custom-made clothes made extra big, that's fine.

Alright, just pay an extra 20% for each article of clothing and call it a day.  :-)

TheGlyphstone

Sweet.

Er...*looks at empty bank account*....Disclosed, I think I'm gonna need a small loan when we start the game off. I know Hanna will want my character naked as much as possible, but it makes negotiations very awkward.

Pumpkin Seeds

I dunno about that.  There was this security I used to work with that was like damn near seven feet tall.  He said it really helps his negotiations that most men are staring at his errmm...well..you know..region.

TheGlyphstone

I doubt he was naked when doing those negotiations, though. Nor was his...region...directly at their eye level.

Pumpkin Seeds

TheGlyphstone

Except being at eye level means it's also at gunsight level.

Plus, my character has dignity.

Josietta

* Josietta tries to keep Sayuri from staring at the man meat.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kuroneko

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 04, 2013, 11:03:43 AM
Except being at eye level means it's also at gunsight level.

Plus, my character has dignity.

Everything is at gun sight level, says Ume.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Niferbelle

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 03, 2013, 09:13:13 PM
Yeah, I think Devil's met this one, ain't he?  ;D

He has indeed!

Quote:: A tall, dark figure wearing casually ambles into the Duke, his black, lined duster gently flapping behind him as he weaves his way through the busy room. The saloon is alive with myriad conversations, creating a low, droning din. Taking his usual table in the corner, he settles into a chair, his back to the wall as alert, cerulean blue orbs carefully scan the establishment's patrons and staff from beneath his whitelaw shades. His gaze settles on the new girl, a lovely elf with a heart shaped face and soft, full lips. Her radiant tresses of midnight silk and the soft golden hue of her bare skin stands as a flawless testament to her native ancestry. His attention is drawn to her voluptuous, slender figure as she glides gracefully among the saloon's patrons, making her way to his table. Inclining his head almost imperceptibly, he addresses the young elf. ::

"Eve'nin' miss."

Written like a true romantic...or at least a guy hoping to get some. Or maybe a little of both! :) This is going to be fun. Trouble always is heh.

TheGlyphstone

Maybe once I build up to Tough 4, I'll risk it. Because being able to deflect light pistol fire with my junk is totally worth some lost dignity.

LunarSage

Remember the minimum 1 CR of stun damage that would still do.  :P

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Michael Corvus

To quote John Cougar Melloncamp:

"...Come on baby, make it hurt so good!"
The Oath of The Drake

Josietta

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 04, 2013, 01:09:18 PM
To quote John Cougar Melloncamp:

"...Come on baby, make it hurt so good!"

<333 one of my favorite artists in the world. .Jack and Diane being one of my top 10 favorite songs of all time.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Michael Corvus

:: nod nod nod :: great song.

Suckin' on a chili dog outside the tastee freeze
Diane's sittin' on Jacky's lap, he's got his hands between her knees
Jacky say, "Hey Diane lets run off behind a shady tree
Dribble off those Bobby brooks, let me do what I please"

:: waggles brows ::
The Oath of The Drake

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: LunarSage on January 04, 2013, 01:04:32 PM
Remember the minimum 1 CR of stun damage that would still do.  :P

According to the Wiki, that's only if I am also in a vehicle. ;D

Josietta

*snerk* not likely Glyph :P    Your willy will be stunned!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 04, 2013, 01:23:43 PM
According to the Wiki, that's only if I am also in a vehicle. ;D

You read that backwards.  :P

Vehicular armor deflects all all damage that it's AR can circumvent with nothing getting through (though damage to the vehicle should still be played out.  Dents and scratches and whatnot.).  Non vehicular armor (anything that isn't armor on a vehicle) will protect you, but you're still going to take 1 CR of stun no matter what.  Even with Tough x4, getting shot in the balls is gonna be painful. 

Michael Corvus

Quote from: LunarSage on January 04, 2013, 01:36:19 PM
You read that backwards.  :P

Vehicular armor deflects all all damage that it's AR can circumvent with nothing getting through (though damage to the vehicle should still be played out.  Dents and scratches and whatnot.).  Non vehicular armor (anything that isn't armor on a vehicle) will protect you, but you're still going to take 1 CR of stun no matter what.  Even with Tough x4, getting shot in the balls is gonna be painful.

And for those of you unfamiliar with system games and confused by all the stat talk...

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

::) XD
The Oath of The Drake

Senti