For The Crown [New Positions Open =D]

Started by LimitlessNikkie, June 19, 2011, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimitlessNikkie

Welcomme DarkRose15, I can't wait to see what you come up with take your time.

NileGoddess

Hmmm, what are you looking for in a Queen for Aserit? I have a picture that might be suitable for a Queen, but it certainly doesn't skimp on the skin, which isn't very Queen-like.

Also, since my game quota is pretty full already, I'm hesitant in joining for fear of being a drag on the game, so I'm also curious to know how influential the character would be.

LimitlessNikkie

NileGoddess - Unless someone wants to play the king she would be the ruling force with the same absolute power as any king would wield. If a king comes along the two of you would share power. Game wise the monarchs will be major plays battling eachother for powers while others either help or hinder them as they see fit.

I plan to keep the game pace moderate so everyone who's interested can play, this will not be extremely fast paced but a post a week would be appreciated so it doesn't stall completely.

As for pictures, I know how hard it is to find something perfect so as long as to look is right for what you imagine then dress doesn't matter as much.

DarkRose15

The Basics
Name: Lenally Aserit
Sex: Female (dresses like a boy, is sometimes confused as one)
Orientation: Uncertain, never admits if she likes a man, isn't sure of feelings towards other women

The Look
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110 lbs
Hair: Short and black doesn't go past her neck
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Sunkissed fair skin
Anything else: Has a penchant for wearing tops that flatten her chest as much as she can get away with, always carries her large ninja star safely strapped to her back when not in in use, wears blue frequently as it's her favorite color. As stated before, tends to dress like a boy and until she speaks is generally mistaken for a young man, her siblings know better however (much to her chagrin)

The Story
Likes: Studying combat with her brother when he's not off fighting, reading, wrestling, practicing martial arts, tough guys, tough girls, dressing as a guy (despite her parents dislike of it), horse-riding,  Festivals, her family, swearing, crude humor, romance (though her chances of admitting it to anyone outside of her brother are slim to none)
Dislikes: Acting lady-like, wearing dresses, having to use proper manners in formal situations, being pursued by insincere suitors, the idea of being married off for politics, greed, dishonesty, those who torment the weak or invalid
Personality: Lenally is like any other girl....with the exception that she would rather have been born a boy like her brother Henrik. Since she can't change her gender, makes do by dressing more like a boy and romping about without a care in the world. She tends to spend more time watching her brother train or begging to train with him than doing anything else. When she isn't busy trying to become a tough guy, she likes to spend her time reading, tending to favor history, combat, and occasionally romance novels (the last one being her own personal secret) She also has quite a foul little mouth, often being chastised for her language use at the most inopportune times. Still, she has a big heart, and does whatever she can to make people happy. Except her suitors, that is. She adores her older brother Henrik, and always pouts when he has to leave. She aspires to be just like him one day.
Habits: A huge tomboy with pretty decent fighting ability, she spends a lot of time working with her ninja star or prowling around with the soldiers, listening to their tales of combat and dreaming of the day she can join them. She likes to drink too, which can sometimes get her into trouble if her brother isn't around, but is able to fend for herself when he's not. She has more problems with her parents due to her refusal to get married and causes problems with every suitor. She always says if she marries she wants to marry for love.
History: At one point, Lenally was just like any other girl, wearing dresses, playing with dolls and pretending to be the damsel in distress. But all that would change when she first saw her older brother Henrik training when he was around the age of 10. She was fascinated, watching him practice with weapons and with his fists. It was a whole new world that captured her imagination. She soon found herself sneaking to watch more, but still enjoyed playing with her dolls for the most part. Then one day, a rather mean little boy opted to try and steal her doll. Not only did Lenally chase him down, but she gave him a black eye for taking her doll away. He did hit her back, but before he could land another hit, her brother Henrik came to her rescue, chastising the boy for beating up on a defenseless girl.

After sending the little boy off to nurse his pride, Henrik encouraged Lenally to toughen up so that she wouldn't get picked on anymore. While Henrik's words might not have been meant the way she took it, Lenally decided at that moment, at the age of 8, to start to learn to fight as well and become a soldier. It also bothered her that women were considered so fragile, and she sought to prove them wrong. She soon stopped wearing dresses and instead began to wear pants, trousers and shorts. She learned to dress as a man despite serious objection from her parents, and began to sneak to train with a trainer Henrik suggested. Initially, her brother wasn't so keen to have her train to be a soldier, but despite the harsh training regime of the trainer he put in charge of her, she not only began to excel but rather enjoy the training.

Lenally also got into a lot of fights as a result, being picked on by boys who felt a woman didn't need to be on the battlefield. Most of the time she won, but a few times she got herself beaten and would also get punished for putting herself in danger by her parents. Henrik didn't necessarily approve her of her brawling, but knew it would help her to toughen up, considering her wishes and her gender she needed to be able to fight with her fists just as much as her ninja star that she was given when she was a little older.

Because Lenally is of marriageable age, her parents constantly try to find someone for her. She usually scares them off, either with crude, unladylike behavior or with bruises. She did try to sneak off with Henrik on his most recent campaign, but was ratted out and forced to stay behind. She wrote to Henrik every day, to make sure he was safe and eagerly awaits his return.....
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

DarkRose15

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 22, 2011, 12:38:33 AM
It's possible that my guy, Henrik, may have had dealings with Sanguine. He's certainly not one to shy away from "dishonorable" tactics like having the leader of his enemy assassinated.  :-)

How would Henrik like having a little sister who idolizes him and aspires to be just like him? I can change her story if you don't like what I have there but if you do then I can talk with you about stuff I might put in her history ^_^

LimitlessNikkie

The Basics
Name: Erin Oddlin often called Lady Fool in court
Sex: Female
Orientation: Strait
Role: Fool in the Aserit court / Spy for Theiri Monarch

The Look
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 93lbs
Hair: Dark Auburn
Eyes: Bright Blue
Skin: Pale White
Anything else: Long limbed with a slender toned body that is extremely limber. Moves with natural grace that almost looked like dancing.

The story
Likes: Aggravating, annoying or amusing people, teasing knights and princes, apples, dancing, running, tumbling, the rain, riding...horses ;), and bright colors.
Dislikes: Cruelty, physical harm and those with an under developed sense of humor
Personality: Erin is unlike anyone else she lives to amuse herself weather that amuses those around her or not it questionable. She is often annoying on perpose and enjoys driving people around her to distraction. She's an annoying creature who takes pleasure in the freedom of acting as she pleases as long as it amuses her lord and master. She seems to take nothing seriously and takes pleasure in everything she does weather it be scandalous or simple and mundane.
But under the innocent idiot persona she is quiet smart and cunning making her an apt Spy for the Theiri court. She seems completely open and honest while concelling most of her intelligence. She isn't devious by nature but can do so with ease. She had no more loyalty to Theiri then she did to Aserit and though she was playing spy she cared little for the appointment as is more then likely to lie then tell the truth if it served her to do so.
Habits: Talks in rhymes at random intervals, is often crude, is insolent with everyone talking to peasants and kings as equals, wears bells alot of the time and will do flips and tumbles when summoned, juggles whatevers handy when bored.
Skills: Acrobatics, contortionist, juggling, knife throwing, rhyming, equestrian, slight of hand, and pick pocketing. Is an excellent judge of character, can see threw mostly lies because she is an accomplished liar herself. Never wears anything matching preferring a motley collection of bright colors and clashing patterns.
History: Erin born a little strange she was always drawn to music and dance and always seemed able to bend herself into a pretzel though the acrobats did take some time to learn but with a nurse who enjoyed watching the girls antics she was able to learn and excel at it. Her fascination with jesters started when her father lord took her to a carnival when she was 5 and she saw a troop preform. She taught herself to juggle and started wearing bells that drove her father mad only to further annoy him by talking in rhymes.
At 8 her lord and lady parents died. She'd lived in a town that was constantly being captured and then recaptured by either the Theiri or Aserit courts. An orphan under either courts notice Erin took to caring for herself. She entertained peasants stealing when she needed to, to survive until she gained the notice of a lord who thought her particularly amusing. He took her to court with him in Theiri where the monarchs noticed her.
She could fool most people, most expected no more then what she showed but they weren't fooled by her blank looks or amusing rhyme and no amount of silence could annoy them enough to throw her out.
After a year they'd figure out her intelligence and her ability to read people. She knew just how far she could push anyone before they were likely to lose their temper with her a good skill to have when she routinely annoyed everyone around her. And they found a more productive use for the girl. They planned to present her as a presant to the monarchs of Aserit, a gift to sooth the peace talked and amuse them and hopefully endear them to the visiting power all the while the girl would be able to learn about her courts weaknesses and be able to report back to Theiri when the time was right.

MagicalPen

I could play NileGoddess's King/husband if needs be.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

LimitlessNikkie

Welcome Eeyore, feel free to submit a bio and work out details with NileGoddess if she chooses to take on the mantle of being Aserit's queen.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: DarkRose15 on June 22, 2011, 06:04:12 PM
How would Henrik like having a little sister who idolizes him and aspires to be just like him? I can change her story if you don't like what I have there but if you do then I can talk with you about stuff I might put in her history ^_^
I like what you did.  :-) Sounds like  fun!  So that's a big yes.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

DarkRose15

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 22, 2011, 07:32:49 PM
I like what you did.  :-) Sounds like  fun!  So that's a big yes.
Awesome  ;D Hit me up on pms and we can figure out a good history that fits your char and mine and then go from there *nod nod*

TheHangedOne

Quote from: DarkRose15 on June 22, 2011, 10:12:45 PM
Awesome  ;D Hit me up on pms and we can figure out a good history that fits your char and mine and then go from there *nod nod*
PM sent.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

NileGoddess

Also, I meant to ask if there was going to be elements of magic in this. If that's the case, I also have a template for a wicked sorceress that could be in service to either kingdom.

LimitlessNikkie

Vostroya - Yay! Please submit a bio for consiteration.

NileGodess - Magic will be limited to minor feats, as in healing for the moment. I don't want it to used for fighting at the moment though there may be a point in the future where battle magic will be allowed.

TheHangedOne

Heehee.  :-) Henrik's practically a chip off the old block, it seems.  Very nice, Vostroya.
Check out my poet tree!

NileGoddess

Here's a proposed queen for Aserit. I held off on her history a little bit, because we don't know who is going to play the king yet. I can expand when we have a chosen king, or if you want, I can thread something more onto what I already have.

The Basics
Name: Mirevia Aserit
Age: Appears in her late 30s, actually in her mid to late 40s
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual
Role: Queen of Aserit

The Look
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 148 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Fair
Anything else: Often appears taller due to the choice of heeled footwear. Mirevia is a little prideful of her youthful looks, despite her growing age, and goes through many efforts to keep herself attractive. She was born with a soldier's physique, but has since filled out to a more curvy form, though evidence of her physique is still present.

The story
Likes: Order and control in her kingdom, as well as her private life.
Dislikes: Disorder, disobedience, disrespect. Military loss and cowardice.
Personality: Mirevia is a commanding woman, though not quite ruthless. She is firm in her rule, both in her kingdom and in her family. Rarely does she surrender the opportunity to have the last word in a conversation, and is often very demanding of her subjects. She is not cruel, however, as those that please her and treat her in appropriate status earn her favor and friendship. True to the nature of Aserit, she is very militaristic, never hesitating to push the battle to the next stage, or start one herself. That trait was more than apparent to her children, who often received harsh discipline well into their late childhood for misdemeanors or disobedience.

Haughty is another word to describe her, especially when it comes to her looks. As a beautiful maiden, she had grown used to compliments of both her status and looks. Now upon the edge of beginning to lose that beauty to old age, she goes to painstaking processes to keep herself absolutely stunning while she can, and often wears exuberant outfits while she still has the body to flaunt. Likewise, her body and looks are also a tool at her disposal for militaristic strategy, especially when proving her point or pushing a strategy a little harder, whether it be on her husband or a troublesome subordinate.
Habits: Somewhat tedious in her daily habits. Each day begins with the typical process to make herself glamorous. When holding court, she is efficient and curt, preferring that her subjects be in and out so that she could attend to more pressing matters, such as focusing on her children to make sure they are raised properly.
Skills: Possessing some training in fighting skills from her childhood, a weapon is not unfamiliar in her hand, though she is not skilled in fighting from years of disuse. Her body was once toned and athletic, but she gradually surrendered it to the curvy, womanly shape of a beautiful Queen. Her better strength is her mind, serving as a tactician and advisor to the generals in the armies. The formidable presence she commands in both look and status also gives her an edge in questioning.
History: Raised to be a fighter, Mirevia turned her attention to studying politics midway through her training, finding it far more palpable than wielding a sword. She let herself be absorbed in books of rule, law, and literature, as well as books of etiquette, discipline, and social behavior. Soon, by the time she was a young woman, she had matured into a proper noble woman of class and stature, despite a sometimes aggressive attitude that came with her family.

As she was nobility, she was eligible to attend many social gatherings, from meeting dignitaries at banquets to witnessing sport from the most luxurious seats. At one particular banquet, she was introduced to the Heir of Aserit, and a more permanent relationship soon blossomed. When he took the throne, she became his Queen, and aided him in the expansion of the kingdom through it's constant battles. Over the years, she became more and more of a symbol of the women of Aserit, proof that they could be just as formidable as men

LimitlessNikkie

A fair estimation lol. I really like both characters they're wonderful.

Nile I'm going to give you the queen position, I can't imagine anyone topping Mirevia.

Vostroya I'm going to give Eeyore a chance to put up a bio for consiteration before deciding on who will be king.

DarkRose15

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 23, 2011, 10:25:56 AM
Heehee.  :-) Henrik's practically a chip off the old block, it seems.  Very nice, Vostroya.
Guess it runs in the family ^_^! lol

NileGoddess

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

LimitlessNikkie

I look forward to seeing it Eeyore.

Update: we still need at least one monarch for Theiri as well as a princess and an heir for Aserit. So three needed roles until we can begin.

DarkRose15

I sent a pm to a friend of mine who joined to see if He might join in :)

LimitlessNikkie

DarkRose15

LimitlessNikkie