Bleach: Soul Reaper with the Red Lotus Blade (FlaminGlory/djgenxcide)

Started by FlaminGlory, September 15, 2009, 10:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlaminGlory

The sun was slowly setting as Natsumi Yakayama made her way home. Practice had gone longer the expected and what with the training her mother had put her through made her twice as exhausted and she was more then happy to finally be home, where she could get something to eat, study alittle and get a good nights sleep. Flicking a strand of black hair out of her grey eyes and much to her dismay the three main bangs always stayed right in front of her face and it annoyed her as she felt like she could do nothing with her hair. Entering the house, she looked around. It was silent, to silent for her likeing. "Mother I'm home. Sorry it took so long practice when longer then I suspected it would. " She said as she hoped that she could draw some sort of noise on to where she was at.

Keeping her guard up,she made her way to the living room and she froze. There were to people in the house and she didn't reconize them at all. "Who are you?" She demanded. One thing she knew for sure was that they were soul repears, she could tell that from they way they were dressed, her mother was even in her own soul repear uniform. If need be, she would change into a soul repear as well. These people were truspassing and the way her mother looked, which was frighten, and she would be more the glad to kick them out of the house.

Giving them a cold glare, she kept her eyes on them. "I asked you a question." She snapped.

DJGenXCide

Byakuya, Captain of the Fifth Division, stood before a former lover.  Unmoving and apparently uncaring, his eyes wouldn't stray from Akane as he heard the young woman snap her comment out.  "You've been found guilty of crimes against Soul Society," Byakuya said, emotionless.  He couldn't let emotion get in the way of his judgement or his honor.  The cost was too high.  "Renji, is that the one you believe assisted Rukia and yourself previously?"  Renji took a moment to turn from his captain to regard the younger woman.  Her reiatsu wasn't as high as it had been before, but it felt the same.

"Yes, Captain Kuchiki," Renji replied formally.  Personally he thought Byakuya had a stick up his ass, but Renji respected the man greatly.  "Her reiatsu is weaker, but it has the same feeling.  I would attribute it being lessened due to her not being in her shinigami form."  Byakuya still did not look at the other, younger woman.  His responsibility lay primarily with Akane.  "You will return to Soul Society, Yamayaki.  You must be dealt with according to the law.  I have no sympathy, nor will you get leniency from me.  Please do not resist."

Since the captain seemed to have Akane under control, relatively speaking, Renji turned to look at the young woman.  She was a shinigami?  At such a young age?  He wondered how much talent she had.  Then again, given the lineage, she might be a fierce little thing.  It had Renji giving off his usual smirk.

FlaminGlory

Akane looked up at her former lover. "How can accuse me of such crimes when it is your fault as much as mine." She said to him as she gave him a glare. She didn't get pregant on her own, so in truth it was his fault as much as hers. Although she knew the laws, she would resist if they intended to hurt her daughter in anyway.

Natsumi on the other hand was giving the red head a glare. She hadn't thought that they would follow her here and she almost wished that she didn't help them, but this was her town and she wouldn't let anything attack it. "Wipe that smirk off your face." She ordered, it seemed natural for her to do so. She was ready to turn into a shinigami as she had a feeling that she was going to have to in order to protect her mother.

DJGenXCide

"I never said I wasn't guilty," Byakuya said simply.  "I was informed to collect you and return to Soul Society.  I imagine we are both to be punished for what occurred.  My orders were clear.  Collect you.  Collect the child.  Renji is here to assist me in the matter as befitting my Lieutenant.  If you resist, you know what I am capable of."  Byakuya's bankai was one of the most feared amongst the captains, given the sheer capability of it.  "Can you handle the girl, Renji, or must I do that as well?"

Renji didn't respond to his captain.  Instead he merely looked at the girl and snarled "Shut your mouth!  You're in as much trouble as your mother!"  Renji was sure that neither Akane nor Byakuya wanted to unleash their full powers here.  The limiter would prevent outright destruction, but he didn't know what their spiking reiatsu would attract given the inhabitants that may be out amongst the city.

FlaminGlory

Akane flicked her eyes from him to Natsumi as if she was silently telling her not to fight, she knew the laws of the soul socity and she would go willing as long as her daughter was safe. "What is your reason for collecting her? She has nothing to do with this." Akane stated simply, she knew the legends but she doubt that her daughter would destroy anything.

Natsumi gave him a glare. "There is no reason for me to be in trouble as it's not my fault he couldn't keep it in his pants." She stated simply. It seemed that everyone was saying that he was her father but by that fact she didn't care at all. There was no need for her to go anywhere they wanted her to go.

DJGenXCide

Byakuya actually looked annoyed for a brief moment.  He had loved Akane, a part of him still did.  But she was going to make him spell it out.  Okay fine.  "You are brought along for hiding the child," he stated simply, factually.  "She is being brought along to be executed.  You will be stripped of your abilities, as will I most likely.  And she will be executed for being what she is.  A union of two houses that should never have been."  Even the implacable Byakuya's voice broke at the end of it.  A hint of emotion coming through that was completely outside of his usual nature.  Talk of losing a daughter he didn't know hurt.

Renji merely stood by, hand resting close at hand to the zanpaktuo at his waist.  If needed he could try to restrain her, but he had his doubts about achieving that.  After all, given her heritage, she undoubtedly held no small power within her.  And Byakuya with emotion?  Renji was floored that his captain could express any emotion at all!

FlaminGlory

Akane turned her eyes down to the floor at the sound of losing her daughter. "It's not right, she shouldn't be blamed for what we did." She whispered to him. Know that it was hard to question the soul socity as it was stubborned to change their mind. Perhaps they could appeal for her sake, it wasn't like she was the one who would go destroying anything.

Natsumi, who was still glaring at Renji froze when she heard that she was going to be executed. It was right, it wasn't her fault and why should she be executed for being what she was. What did they mean about that? She didn't understand. "What do you mean?" She asked.

DJGenXCide

Byakuya kept his eyes solely on Akane even as he spoke in answer to Natsumi.  "You're a child destined for great things," he said softly.  "You're to awaken a zankpaktuo that is unrivalled in its strength.  Even General Yamamoto will not have a weapon to match it.  You are the child of two noble houses that were never to intermix.  But we did.  And we'll all pay for it.  The Council will not be lenient upon us.  More than likely if we all do not die...Akane and I will be stripped of our power, and you will be executed."

This floored Renji, who immediately began with "But what if," before Byakuya turned his head and glared at his lieutenant.  "There is no what if, Renji.  We will do as we are ordered and we will accept what happens."  But Byakuya, the stoic, the immovable Kuchiki, had his voice break on the last few words.  He couldn't be so stoic, emotionless when his own daughter was involved.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi looked away from them. It wasn't her fault, she shouldn't have to be blamed or killed for that. She didn't want this power, she never asked for it. It was nice to think of some sort of hope but the way her mother and her supposly father thought other wise. She looked at her mother, who was now looking at her, her eyes were telling her to run, but would she be able to get out of this giga and be able to flash step away from here. Although she couldn't leave her mother there with them, but those eyes were telling her to run. "I'm sorry mom." She said as she turned around and immeditly left her giga and made her way to toward the door. Knowing that as soon as she hit the door, she would flash step and end up somewhere else.

Akane watched her daughter make a run for it and she knew that she would be in even more trouble for this but she couldn't let her only daughter die just for her stupid mistake. She knew the legend and she knew that Natsumi could control her power, and that didn't give the soul socity reason to fear her.

DJGenXCide

Renji made a move to follow but Byakuya held out a hand.  "Let her go," Byakuya said simply.  "We did not find the girl here.  We found Akane and we will take her back to soul society."  Byakuya looked up at Akane and would have a slight shimmer in his eyes.  Was the immovable one feeling emotion in regards to this situation?  "You know what will happen, Akane.  They will hold you prisoner and attempt to draw out Natsumi.  Or they will send others here who will seek her out.  And she will be found.  Her power is too vast."

Renji couldn't believe that Byakuya had let his emotions actually get in the way for once.  The Captain could have done his own shunpo to catch up to his daughter, and possibly a kido to hold her in place.  Was he wanting someone else to do it, or did he truly believe she could escape?  "Captin Kuchiki," Renji asked.  "What...what're we to do?"  Byakuya stared at Akane as he spoke.  "Take back Akane Yamayaki.  And see what happens from there."

FlaminGlory

Natsumi was surprised that they didn't follow after her but she knew that they would probably use her mother as bait or they would send someone else after her. The question was what would she do when the came. Defeat them, that would stop her from getting to her mother, but getting caught would mean her death. Stopping on top of a telephone pole, she looked out towards the city, she didn't like leaving her behind but she was pretty much ordered to.

Akane looked up at him as she knew that he was right. Her daughter would do anything to find her and it was a danger that she didn't want to put her in. Her head bowed in defeat as she waited for her to be taken back to the soul socity, her mind trying to figure out what would happened when they got there.

DJGenXCide

If she didn't struggle there'd be no real reason to bind her.  They both knew Byakuya was adept at binding kido arts, and could do them with no chants.  Akane would be taken to Soul Society and imprisoned in one of the towers that would prevent her from using her abilities.  Byakuya would report to the Council about the situation at hand, and his own belief that Natsumi would come for her mother.  All they would have to do is set up an appropriate trap to ensure she doesn't escape once she's in the city itself.  Given the rumors about what she'd be capable of, the thirteen divisions were put on notice to increase their presence.

Meanwhile, as Akane moved about in the city itself, there'd be a fairly tall individual milling about near the telephone pole she happened to stand next to.  Dressed in simple jeans and a black t-shirt, he leaned against the wall of a building nearby.  "Well look what we got here," he said.  "A shinigami that's just flitting about?  That can't be right.  What're you doing out here, little girl?"  The man looked up at her, pushing back purple hair that hung down to his shoulders, letting himself get a good look at her.

FlaminGlory

Upon hearing the voice, Natsumi turns her attention towards it. "What business is that of yours." She stated simply as it seemed that this day couldn't get any worst, besides the fact that I had to think of a way to get into the soul socity to rescue her mother and she didn't have time for the idle chit chat.

Akane didn't have to guess what would happen to her, she would be taken and placed in a cell as they set a trap for her, her only hopes was that she wouldn't get caught or anything. "I'm surprise your not going after her yourself." She stated.

DJGenXCide

"Snarky little thing aren't you?" the man said with a smile.  "And I'll make whatever business mine when and how I want to make it.  Obviously.  A shinigami just running to a telephone pole?  Tsk tsk.  Makes a man wonder what has her running.  Or why she doesn't keep better sense of her surroundings."  The man had no reiatsu, or at least appeared to have none.  Yet he saw her.  Obviously he wasn't a normal guy.  The purple hair may have been a giveaway to that.

Byakuya stood outside of her cell, gazing in at her for a moment before looking away.  "I know some people who'll keep an eye on her in the real world," he said calmly.  "Besides, she may have had training from you up until this point, but he can be of more assistance to her until I plead her case.  And they'll fit, I imagine.  He's more like her than you or I.  Completely unorthodox."

FlaminGlory

Glaring down at him, she couldn't but help to wonder who this man was. He seemed so different and he had no reiatsu, then how would he be able to see her. "Well keep wondering because I'm not going to tell you." She stated as she looked down at him.

Akane flicked her eyes toward him. "And who is this man that you have watching out for her." She asked him as she sat down in the chair. The cell seemed quite bare and she knew that she would be here until they decided what to do with her.

DJGenXCide

The man would arch an eyebrow even as he allowed the gigai fall to the wayside, safely into an alleyway where it could be picked up later.  The moment he entered into his shinigami state the reiatsu would be immense, the likes of which she hadn't felt from another.  "Oh boy," he said, running his hands up and through his hair.  "You have a lot to learn, kiddo.  Might as well take you some place you can relax a bit, perhaps take the edge off.  That blade of yours have a name yet?"  It was a redundant question, he knew who she was, and what that blade was capable of.

Byakuya actually smiled as he looked to Akane.  "You may have heard of him before leaving.  Although he wasn't much older than her when you left.  But he was one of the up and coming students.  Shiro Zhou.  He's currently in the 11th, but ah...even Kenpachi probably wants little to do with that one.  Probably would go after the Captain's seat if he wanted it."

FlaminGlory

Natsumi could feel his power as he stepped out of giga and she immeditly tensed up, thinking that this man was here to take her to the soul socity. When he didn't demand her to go, she relaxed alittle bit. "Why would you care what her name is?" She demanded as she knew her zanpakto's name and she didn't feel like sharing it.

"Sorry but I have no intention of going anywhere with you." She stated as she did a flash step and disappeared. Trying to think of a place where she could go.

Akane remembered his name and what he had been like when he was younger. "He'll have his hands full with her, I don't she would be to keen on having him anywhere near her." Hearing that Kenpachi didn't want anything to do with that one, she almost laugh. "Surprisng that umchika and matroma hadn't done anything to him yet."

DJGenXCide

Zhou wasn't about to be outdone with the flash steps.  It wasn't like she could hide her reiatsu within the normal realm.  He just wondered how long it'd take before she attracted something nasty to play with her.  His own shunpo had been trained against any and all who'd come his way.  He found her easily enough, and once more he'd be leaning against something nearby, only now he'd be yawning into his hand.  "You keep fleeing like that.  Just pick a direction and keep running.  This is entertaining."

Byakuya laughed softly, a moment of reprieve in the always stoic appearance.  "They've taken note of him," he said softly.  "He hasn't yet made any attempt at rising too far within the ranks.  Currently he's fifth seat.  And he has yet to discover his bankai.  But that's not saying much.  His fighting capability is quite nasty.  And he's fast.  Yoroichi herself would be impressed."

FlaminGlory

Stopping again, she thought that she had gotten away from him, but when he appeared yet again. Giving him a glare, her body stood tensed. "Why do you keep following me." She demanded as she didn't see the point of him following her around, unless he was going to take her in and therefore she would have to fight him.

Akane gave a soft smile of her own at her thought. "Then he would be able to keep up with her then." She stated simply as her experssion turned to one of sadness. What was her daughter thinking now? Was she thinking of a way to get here?  "You would have liked her. She's just like you." She told him as she flicked her gaze to the floor.

DJGenXCide

"Because I was told to keep an eye on you," Zhou said simply.  "Oddly enough by your father."  A smile on his face as he stretched, the tall, muscular frame moving easily.  "And he thought a bit of training would be in order before you tried to free your mother.  And I'll be doing the training.  So c'mon, little girl.  Lets find a nice, silent place to go and play.  Unless you're afraid of what I could do to you."

Byakuya regarded her silently, assessing what needed to be said or done.  "She's my daughter," he said simply.  "If it can be proven that she's not the supreme danger everyone thinks she is, then she'll be allowed to live.  And serve, of course, within the Gotei 13.  Zhou will help her refine what she has been taught so far."

FlaminGlory

Natsumi gave him a confused look. "Why would he do something like that? He seemed to be by the rules type of guy." She told him as she watched him streatched as she found it odd that he was sent here by him. When he called her a little girl, she gave him a glare. "Don't call me that and I'm not afraid of you." There was no need to be afraid of this guy, which she hoped that it was true and she more the wondered who this guy was.

"The question is if she wants to serve." Akane stated as she knew that Natsumi had a problem with authorite, just like she did, but she wouldn't say that part out loud.

DJGenXCide

Zhou regarded her with a cock of the head and a smile.  "Everyone has a backup plan in place for things like this," he said easily.  "And I'll call you whatever I feel like calling you.  You may not be afraid of you, but lets get one thing straight sweetheart.  You can't take me right now.  In the future most likely.  Now?  Nah."  Zhou's reiatsu had a fierceness to it, almost a dangerous feel as he regarded her, oh so easily.

"It'll be service or death," Byakuya said with no hint of emotion.  "Those are the only two options that'll be given to her.  Lets just hope she feels like making the right one."

FlaminGlory

"Who ever said I wanted to take you." She stated simply as she gave him another glare. Not liking the nicknames he was giving her at all. She knew that she wouldn't be able to beat him as he probably had more expirence then she did. He was probably almost a hundred years old and she was only seventeen.

"I hope so as well." She said as she knew that she could be quite stubborn. "Any news on what is to happen to me?" Akane asked as she looked over at him.

DJGenXCide

"Either you're purposefully dense or you're just a rookie," Zhou replied, without any emotion.  "Now, you have your choices, little girl.  You can either come with me, do a bit of training, see if we can get you ready to go save your mom?  Or we can just see what happens when the Gotei 13 sends a collection unit that doesn't involve your father.  Your choice.  Time's wasting."

Byakuya put a hand on one of the bars.  "Removal of your shinigami powers," he said.  "But there is time.  A month.  Until the child is found, there's little they're willing to do just yet.  They're waiting."

FlaminGlory

"Stop calling me that." She snapped again as her glare deepen. She was thinking on what she could do, saving her mom was on her mind right now and this 'collection squad' didn't sound good at all. "Fine I'll come with you." She stated as she looked away from him and down to the street below.

"Why would they wait a month? Afraid to invoke her wrath or something?" Akane stated as she placed her hand on his. Her eyes looking up at him, she still loved him and she hoped that he loved her.

DJGenXCide

"Sure thing pipsqueak," he said with a smile.  Fingers moving in a small movement, he'd invoke Kido to contact the person he needed to directly.  "Kisuke, we're going to need your special area."  Simple as that, the message was sent and he'd start heading that way, whistling the entire time.  "Best place to train you, beneath Urahara's shop.  Just don't tell anyone I know about it, or that that's where we're going."

His fingers stroked along her hand gently.  Of course he still loved her.  "Training," Byakuya said.  A glance around as he would whisper softly.  "For her and him."

FlaminGlory

Natsumi watched as he seemed to be talking to someone. Seeing that he was walking away, she followed after him. "Who is this Urahara?" She asked as she followed after him, chosing to ingore the pipsqueak comment as she knew that she would have some questions for him.

"I'm surprised they allowed the training at all." She stated as she gave a soft smile. She missed his touch. "And are you in trouble as well?" She asked.

DJGenXCide

"A former captain of the Gotei 13 who left due to problems I wasn't told about," Zhou said simply.  "Now he hides out here, keeping an eye on things.  I was introduced to him some years ago by someone I shall not name.  He helped me get the most out of my skills.  And his secret training ground works wonders."

"It's been arranged on Earth," Byakuya said.  "It wasn't allowed by anyone around here.  I'll take responsibility for it if it comes out.  And yes, I'm in trouble.  I shall be stripped as well."

FlaminGlory

"I guess I have no choice but to take your word for it. " Natsumi said as she contuined to follow him. Her mind trying to come up with what problems he could have had and who had showed him hear. "What do you think is going on with my mom?" She questioned a loud.

"I doubt they would do that to a captain of your standings." Akane stated as she knew what kind of power he held and that the soul socity needed him.

DJGenXCide

"Right now nothing," Zhou said.  "She's bait.  They know you'll be coming for her, eventually.  My job is to make sure you're going to be able to do it.  It gives us some time.  Three, four weeks maybe.  Plenty of time to get your training in.  Maybe see if we can unlock the initial and final releases.  See exactly how dangerous you're supposed to be."

Byakuya laughed, a rare outburst of emotion from him.  "They'll strip me and promote another," he said.  "We broke the law, we'll be punished.  Regardless of anything else."

FlaminGlory

Natsumi had heard her mom say something avout initial and final releases although she had yet to do something like that. Bait, that was what she was suppose to be used for. "I don't think I'm dangerouse at all." She stated to him.

"I was hoping they don't as I know your the only one to look after her. The other captians and squad member won't accept her and I'm afraid she'll be pulled into trouble." Akane told him.

DJGenXCide

Zhou just gave her a once over.  "Neither do I," he said simply.  "Right about now you're maybe equivalent to a seated officer.  Low on the pole.  Maybe tenth or so.  Who knows."  Zhou simply shrugged his shoulders as he stopped in front of Urahara's shop.  Walking by the kids directly into it, he'd stop before Kisuke himself.  "Need to borrow the room," Zhou said.  "Got the child here with me.  Gotta get her some training."

"We have time," Byakuya said simply.  "We'll see what happens.  He has plenty of time to train her, and then they will come here.  Give those two a few weeks and I'm sure we'll see something incredible."

FlaminGlory

"I have a name you know." She stated as she hated that everyone called her the child instead of using her name. Meeting Urhara, she found him a rather strange guy.

"Well this is Byakuya's kid." He stated with a soft smile as he leaned down to get a closer look. "You sure do look like him. Go ahead and use the training grounds. Just don't over work her. "

"Or destructive." Akane stated.

DJGenXCide

"I know you have a name," Zhou said, leading her through the shop and down into the room Urahara had created years before for training purposes.  "But that doesn't mean I'm going to use it until you start using mine.  So you first."  He grinned as he took out his zanpaktou, flicking it to and fro in front of him.  Little arcs of electricity followed behind it as he moved it.  "What element does your blade use?"

"I'm not worried," Byakuya said.  "She's our child.  She'll be wonderful."

FlaminGlory

"I would if you gave it to me." She stated simply as she watched electricity flow from the sword. "I'm not sure what element it would be all I know is that she is called the Red Lotus." Her eyes flicked around the training area and looked to be a bunch of rocks.

"I hope so and I hope that she won't be forced into execution." She said.

DJGenXCide

"My most sincere apologies!" he said as he stood before her and bowed.  "Shiro Zhou.  You may call me Zhou if it pleases you.  And we'll have to at least get you to the stage of initial release before we do any real training.  After all, you'll need that just to stay alive with me."  His shunpo increased exponentially, pushing him far beyond the skills of someone such as she with her minimal training, leaving him with his blade against her throat, the tiny arcs of lightning travelling along the length of the blade.

"Have faith," Byakuya said simply.  "I must depart for now.  Stay here, do not cause any trouble.  I will return when I am able.  There are many matters afoot nowadays."

FlaminGlory

Hearing him say his name, she was about to give hers when she felt his shunpo increase and the next thing she knew was his sword against her throat and the static from the electricty. "I'm Natsumi." She said as her head was on her sword, she didn't have time to draw it.

"Me cause trouble hah." She said with a soft smile as she looked towards him again.

DJGenXCide

"Mine is the strongest amongst lightning-based zanpaktous," Zhou said as the blade was removed from her throat.  "It means that I can increase my speed far beyond that of what shunpo can do on its own.  It also means I can disturb the spiritual energy by agitating the particles with my abilities."  He grinned, flicking the sword a bit, back and forth.  "So your sword has a name.  You need to commune with it.  But you also need to do that while in battle.  So come.  Attack.  Let me see what you're capable of."

Byakuya would smile at her before he walked away from her prison.  Time was, to a small extent, on their side.  But for how long?

FlaminGlory

(Love your pic of Shiro-chan)

Natsumi looked at him as he told her to attack, but she doubted that she would be able to do much damange to him. Doing what he asked, she unsheathed her sword and prepared to attack him. Taking a step forward, she brought her sword down toward his head.

Akane busied herself by starting back at the walls, hoping that her daughter would be alright and that she wouldn't be killed.

DJGenXCide

(Hitsugaya is EPIC!)

He tsk'ed even as he moved out of the way of the attack.  The sword didn't move, nothing seemed to change at all, but the very air held an electrical charge.  "Really?" he asked.  "You're going to just...come at me like that?  C'mon, little girl!  You can do better than that!"  A swing of his blade sent a curving arc of electricity at her.  While it may be moving quickly, he'd purposefully made it weak enough for her to dodge or try to deflect.  Granted, electricity would probably have side effects from trying to deflect it!

FlaminGlory

Her sword went up to deflect it and when she heard it clang against hers, she gave a mental smile as she felt their swords smile. That was until she felt the electricity hit her body and she bit down a scream of pain as she took a step back. Alright that was a bad idea and she knew that she needed to make sure that didn't happen again.

Her eyes flicked to him as she tried to figure out the best course of action. Perhaps flashing stepping and coming up behind him would have any effect and she did just that.

DJGenXCide

Blade met blade, and once more would the electricity surge through the weapon to damage her just as it had before.  "A nice maneuver," Zhou said easily.  "But you have to remember it is to be expected.  Shinigami are taught to strike a Hollow from behind, remember?  Shatter the mask, cleanse them of their sins?  You need to be faster.  Stronger.  Commune with your sword.  Your sword will teach you what you need to know.  The abilities it has will be yours if you commune with it."  Zhou hadn't even done the initial release, but if he pushed her, perhaps she'd finally open up. 

FlaminGlory

A yelp of pain passed her lips as she felt it surge through her again and she backed up. She did try to commune with her sword it just seemed like it wanted to talk to her yet. "Red Lotus, I need your strength." She muttered as she went to attack again. Remembering to try and dodge his swings.

DJGenXCide

At least this time her blade seemed to respond, diminishing the effects of the electricity as the blades struck back and forth.  Zhou was smiling, like a Cheshire cat, before he stepped away from her.  "Not bad," he said.  "You need more work, though.  Perhaps you need to be in more danger before your sword will truly respond."  The blade was held in both hands before him, tip pointed up, as Zhou spoke.

"Blind, Sky Dragon!"  The lightning that erupted was truly blinding, electricity crackling as it engulfed the immediate area, leaving him invisble for a few moments due to the afterglow.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi was about to ask what he ment when she had to sheild her eyes from the glow. As she tried to see what was going on, she was blinded slightly and she didn't know if he would attack her during this and she had to keep her guard up, as she flicked her gaze her eyes around the area, making sure that she would't be attacked.

DJGenXCide

He didn't attack.  But when she looked she'd see that the sword had become a living bolt of lightning.  "There aren't many lightning-based zanpaktous in Soul Society," Zhou said, flicking it back and forth.  The thing had a humming sound, the scent of ozone in the air as he it moved.  "They're quite difficult to control, too.  Sky Dragon here can be nasty when he wants to be.  You'll get to see why."  With that the hand holding the blade flicked forward, and it extended, moving fast as many shinigami with shunpo directly at her. 

FlaminGlory

Natsumi's eyes widen as she watched his blade, her frist thought was how was she suppose to block something like that. Although she didn't have time to say anything as she watched him come at her. Her eyes closing as she suspected his blade to hit her and to feel a shock go through her body.

"Open your petals Red Lotus." She said in a rush as she wasn't sure what she was saying but when she opend her eyes, she found the blade of her sword turning a crimson color, the hilt turning a black with a crimson ribbion at the end.

DJGenXCide

Somehow she had at least awakened the initial stage of her sword.  It was more powerful than his, he'd heard the legends, but that didn't mean it would be completely painless for her when the sword struck the sword, lightning channeling through it and into her body.  "Not bad," Zhou said, the blade quickly drawing back into itself.  "But remember, Natsumi.  When it comes to a battle, one sword may be superior to the other, but the strength in the person is what will sway the difference.  Had you been fully with your own, the attack would have done naught.  You must synchronize with your zanpaktou."

FlaminGlory

Her eyes widen in pain as she felt it through her body, she thought that she would be able to avoid that but it seemed that she was out of luck as she felt it anyway. "I'll keep that in mind. How do you do it anyway." She said in gasps as she felt like her body was going to collapse from it.

DJGenXCide

"Practice," he said softly.  "Years of practice.  Which we don't have.  There is another way.  You must go into yourself, go into the world that makes up your mind and soul.  There, you will meet with the spirit of your blade, face to face.  Speak with it, learn about it.  That is all it takes.  Allow it to guide you as you wield it.  Bond with it, fight together."

FlaminGlory

He made it sound so easy but she was wondering if she could do it or not. It wasn't like she could just enter her world. Espcally when her body was in pain. Her eyes focused on him as her body shivered. "I'll try." She told him.

DJGenXCide

"Well," Zhou said, a smile on his face.  "Let me help."  Of course his method of helping was thrusting his hand forward, flinging the lightning-based power of Sky Dragon at her.  The speed was immense, the strength behind the blow a fearsome thing indeed.  The swift, powerful blow was meant to send her into unconsciousness, where she could commune with her blade.

FlaminGlory

"Let me help." 

Natsumi barley had time to say anything before she noticed that he had flung his power at her. Her sword went up to block it, but it was to late as it her. Causing her to go unconsciousness, as her body started to fall to the ground.

When she opened her eyes, she wasn't at the training grounds but to where she was, she wasn't sure. The area was forested and afte much looking she relized that it was her first trainng grounds and standing in the middle was a beautiful lady dressed in a black kimono with red lotuses on the sides. In her hand was a red fan and she flicked her black eyes toward her. "Well, we finally meet young soul reaper." She said to her in a soft tone of voice.

"Are you the Red Lotus?" She asked clearly awed by the whole thing.

"Yes, I am." She said as she flicked her fan slightly. "I'm here to help you save your mother if you want my help."

"I do." She said to her, thinking that she would help her save her mother.

"But I can't do all the work your going to have to do your part as well, equal exchange."

"I can do that and I won't disappoint you." It felt like she was talking to her mother again.

"And I won't disappoint you, you better hurry and wake up so that Zhou character can get on with the training. I'll be here for you when you need me." She said with a soft giggle as she slowly disappeared. Natsumi slowly opened her eyes, and quickly shut them, she couldn't focus on where she was.

DJGenXCide

"A start," Zhou said.  "She'll awaken," a voice spoke aloud, loud as thunder.  "Aye aye, this I know Sky Dragon.  I don't need you to inform me of such."  "Such an impudent little whelp you are."  "We've been over this before, Sky Dragon.  Tone it down."  The sound of thunder rumbled through the area even as Zhou noticed Natsumi's movements.  She was starting to come around.  Perhaps she'd finally awoken that blade of hers enough to use it.

"C'mon shorty," Zhou said, laughing.  "I'm waiting for you to whip out that blade's powers and send them my way.  Just remember, though.  I'm on your side, and trying to help you grow.  But...I'll also enjoy beating the hell out of you."  The sword flicked in his hand, swift as lightning, making the air smell of ozone.

FlaminGlory

"You could have least warned me before went and shot me with lighting." She snapped as she stood up, her head hurting, but she was fixing a glare at him.

His people skills seemed to suck really bad and she was wondering why he was to train her in the first place. "Then bring it, I'm ready for you." She snapped as she held her sword in the gaurd postion.

DJGenXCide

Zhou smiled, and would proceed to make a small spinning motion with his sword.  She'd see the lightning travel down from the sword itself to encase him in a crackling sheath of lightning.  "Well then let me come and play then sweetheart!" Zhou said with a smile, flinging his purple hair back as he charged at her.  The sword flicked to and fro, not aiming to actually strike her but her sword, knowing that metal would conduct electricity and each blow would sap more and more of her strength.  Then again, maybe she and her sword could rise to the occasion and shrug off most of the sapping attacks.

FlaminGlory

She watched him charge her and her sword went up to block him, but she knew that as soon as the swords touched she would get shocked and the way her body was feeling, she wouldn't last long, but she had to defeat him.

"Come on Red Lotus, let's show him what were made off." She said as her spirtual pressure went up, waiting for his sword to connect with hers.

DJGenXCide

At least her reiatsu was rising.  That was a good beginning.  She'd need to have all of that and more to be able to go up against some of the captains within Soul Society.  Zhou was grinning, purple hair flying around as he moved around her, his speed truly something to be astounded by.  "I was one of the youngest graduates of the Academy," he spoke, not even straining in breath even as the sword strikes continued, from a safe distance, each one a flick of lightning.  "But as a true shinigami, you must be able to use Demon Arts!"

With that, Zhou would pause only for a moment as he pointed his left palm at her.  "Shakkaho!" at which point, even without the incantation, a ball of red energy would form in his hand, immediately flying forth towards her.  It was a low-level Demon Art, 31, but without the chant it wouldn't be a terribly potent attack.  But perhaps it'd surprise her.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi blocked his attack, a few did get past her and when they hit her it caused a scream of pain to be issued from her lips as she she felt the lightening strike her. She wasn't sure how many more she could take as she could feel her power slowly be sapped.

Her eyes focused on the ball of red engery as she went to dodge it. Not sure if she was fast enough.

DJGenXCide

So she avoided the Demon Arts spell.  That wasn't a surprise, in and of itself.  After all, she was trained to be a shinigami.  However, he could see that each and every strike that landed was sapping her more and more.  "Speed Natsumi!" Zhou called out.  "Focus on avoiding strikes that cannot truly be blocked!  Tap into your zanpaktou's abilities!  Become one!  The two of you can stop the attacks!"

Even though he was guiding her, giving her more coaching, Zhou knew that it would have to be put on hold soon.  He hadn't expected her to last this long, but he'd hoped that she had shown a bit more potential.  She'd never be able to free her mother if this is all she was capable of.

FlaminGlory

Keeping that in mind, she faced him ready for his attack. She couldn't fight him off forever and she knew that she needed to end this quickly. "I need to do this. I can't take anymore hits." She muttered as she was resolved to end this fight and her spirtual pressure surged up.

"Let's finsh this." She said as she did a flash step and came at him. Her sword slicing down and ready to strike him.

DJGenXCide

The shunpo was expected.  It was something she would have been taught.  However, Zhou responded with a somewhat unorthodox method in response.  His free hand would grip the loose sleeve of her robe and he'd bring his body in close with hers.  The strike would be sent awry, and she'd experience, painfully, exactly how strong the lightning armor he clad himself in could be.  He didn't even need to strike with his zanpaktou.  This was one of his unorthodox methods that made him a favorite within the Eleventh Squad.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi's eyes widen in surprised when he grabbed her sleeve and she was brought in close to him. What is he doing She asked herself and suddenly she felt electricty shot through her body. A loud scream passed her lips as she tried to push away from him. It seemed that it was all her body could take for the day before she passed out against him.

She was done for the day, but she would make sure that it would never happen again.

DJGenXCide

So she was passed out.  Zhou allowed his blade to return to its sealed state, sheathing it even as he would call out above them.  "Day one is over!  Bring food, drink.  We're going to need it.  I have a feeling it's going to be a long few weeks!"  Zhou would sit down near her, checking himself over.  She was still young, and he had to compress her training into something manageable.  Hopefully without killing her.  Captain Kuchiki would kill him if he killed his daughter.

FlaminGlory

Undhara came down the stairs wth some food and drink, his eyes flicked over to her as she slept on the ground. "So how'd it go?" He asked as he sat the tray infront of him and sat down as well.

DJGenXCide

Zhou would take up some of the food and drink.  "She's got the potential," he said simply.  Hands came up to run through the purple hair that was his trademark.  "Obviously she's got the Kuchiki bloodline in her.  And that clan never produces a weakling.  Byakuya's the scion but I think she could surpass her."  A bite of food and a drink of wine were taken, a moment as he collected his thoughts and gather himself.  "But she's very raw.  I'm focusing on getting her up to par with her swordplay.  She's almost at Shikai.  She just needs more practice with it.  If I keep pushing her she'll be ready by the time we leave.  Or dead."  Zhou shrugged his shoulders, knowing that it really was as simple as that.

Improve or die.

FlaminGlory

Undhara took a bit of food and a drink of wine as well as he listened to what he had to say. "Well according to her mom, she is not one to give up even if it kills her and I'm sure Byakuya will see how far she has gone, if they don't remove his powers first. Give her sometime she'll surprise you." He contuined to eat and drink with him.

DJGenXCide

( Urahara Kisuke.  :D )

"I know," Zhou replied.  "The captain said he should get about a month's reprieve.  I'm hoping so because it's going to take all that time and more to get her prepared.  She's been training a long time, so she's got the capability.  Work on her stamina, her kendo, and go from there."  Zhou yawned and would finish up what he had taken from the supplies before settling himself against a rock to get a bit of sleep himself.  "I imagine she'll wake me when she awakens.  I'm going to get some shut eye.  Maybe tomorrow I'll see how she handles me at full strength."

FlaminGlory

(Thanks)

"Well I'll let you get some sleep." Urahara said as he cleared up the tray and headed back upstairs. He would be watching to see what she would do in the morning.

Hours passed and soon night turned into morning, Natsumi slowly opened her eyes. Hoping that it was all a dream, when she fixed her eyes on the blue ceiling. "Great." She stated as she stood up and brushed the dust from her. Her stomach growled and she gave a sigh. Food, that was what she needed. Her eyes flicked over to Zhou and she had an evil thought. This was going to be semi-payback for what he did to her yesterday. Walking closer to him, she leaned over him and stared, wondering what his reaction would be, she lightly poked his forhead.

DJGenXCide

The response was an unsheathed blade immediately pressing against her throat.  "Be nice I left you food," Zhou replied without opening his eyes.  "Eat and drink.  You'll need your strength."  But of course, he was smiling.  "Good morning Natsumi."  Only then did he finally open his eyes and stare up at her.  He doubted she'd even show a hint of fear with a blade pressed against her throat like that.  She was potent enough to handle a sealed zanpaktou by now.

"We're going to amp it up even more today.  Full strength.  I don't want you holding back.  If you hurt me, all the better.  It means you can.  And if I hurt you, get over it and get better.  We both have our goals."

FlaminGlory

Natsumi wasn't expecting a sword at her throat as most people just woke up, snapped at her and went on with what they were doing. "You need to work on your people skills." She stated simply as she looked over at the food. Sitting down, she slowly started to eat it. Keeping her eyes on him.

She had no plans on getting hurt today and she knew that she would be able to connect with her sword. She needed to save her mother, and that was first and formost on her mind.

DJGenXCide

"Yea that's the only low score I got in the academy," Zhou responded, the blade snapped back into its sheathe.  "Good at everything but people skills.  Oh wait!"  He snapped his fingers.  "I forgot.  I don't need people skills.  I need the 'kick the hell out of Hollows' skills!  I got those."  A snort and he'd stretch as he stood, running his hands through his long, purple hair.  "Eat and rest up.  Day one is over.  We got more training to do.  Because if I can put you on your ass?  You can't cut it.  What do you think you need to improve on?"

FlaminGlory

"Well you need people skills just as well as the others." She stated simply as she contuined to eat her food. She knew what she needed to improve on but she wasn't going to tell him that.

"I have no plans for you to put me on my ass today." She stated with a glare as she watched his every movement.

DJGenXCide

"Oh really?" he asked.  "If you don't want to be put on your ass you better step your game up then, little girl.  After all, I haven't begun to show you my tricks yet.  And I'm not even fighting at full strength.  After all, I don't want you dead before the fun's even begun yet.  So why don't you come after me this time?"  Already he was standing up, stretching, giving himself a few moments to simply collect his wits and put things in order, mentally.  He hoped she attacked better than she defended.

FlaminGlory

Giving him a glare, she stood up and prepared herself to be ready to attack him. She needed to stop thinking about other things and to just focus on getting through this training as she knew that she would be no use to anyone if she was dead.

Unsheathing her sword, she turned to face him. "Ready?" She asked as she had an idea and it just might work.

DJGenXCide

If it wouldn't have upset her more, Zhou would have proceeded to yawn to prove a point.  The sword was out, held loosely in one hand.  The man's purple hair was floating around his head almost in a halo as he regarded her.  Right hand holding the hilt of his zanpaktou, the left was free at his side, ready to do whatever was needed.  The smile on his face was almost evil as he watched her.

"Always," he replied.

FlaminGlory

Seeing his evil smile, she gave him a glare. He was actually going to enjoy this. Well, she wasn't going to give him the satifaction of beating her again. "Alright." She muttered as she thought of the best way to attack him.

Stepping forward, she did a flash step to attack him from behind but the last second she flashed step again and appeared in front of him as she sliced up.

DJGenXCide

The step to the back was expected.  Almost typical.  But to do it again and suddenly appear in front of him was a bit of a shock.  However, Zhou was prepared to display another way of countering an attack from a zanpaktou.  Rather than try to do anything flashy, he simply allowed the full force of his reiatsu to flare up and stop the attack from doing any more than crease his skin.  "Another important lesson," Zhou said calmly, staring down at her.  "When two forces meet, the one that is stronger will repel that which is weaker.  You should be careful of such meetings."

FlaminGlory

"Thanks for telling me that earlier." She snapped at him as she made sure to keep her sprit pressure up, so she won't have a repeat of what just happened.

"I need to defeat him in one stroke." She said as she held her sword in the guard postion. "Red Lotus will you help me." She mental asked her sword.

"I will, he needs to be taught a lesson in manners." Red Lotus said with a slight laugh. Her spirtual pressure started to rise as she felt like she was being connected with her sword as she took a step forward. Swing her blade down to attack him.

DJGenXCide

She may have wanted him to be defeated in one stroke.  But it'd be a long time from now before she could have such a thing.  That sword may be the most potent zanpaktou ever to grace the world, but it, like her, was still untried.  His blade flashed up, lightning sparking from the contact as he stopped the blow.  The reiatsu from both Zhou and his sword hummed in unison, growing larger and more potent as he looked down at her.  "Try harder," he said with a forced smile.  "Because your best had better get better than this."

Rather than strike out at her, he simply let his reiatsu explode into full strength.  The ground around them would shake, and she would simply be sent flying backwards from the point blank detonation of his full strength.  Were she not careful, the sudden explosion could do her more damage than a simple sword strike could.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi cursed herself as she thought that would work, but at least she didn't feel the electricty strike her skin. Although she was thrown back from the combined strength, but she refused to land on her but and she put her hand down to make sure that she wouldn't fall.

Her eyes flicked up to him. He seemed to be playing with her and she hated that fact. She was going to get better, she wasn't going to lay down and let this happen to her. Running at him, she prepared to attack. Hoping to get some sort of hit on him.

DJGenXCide

In a move right out of the movies, he didn't even bother with his blade as his bare hand came up to simply catch her blade.  He held it between thumb and fingers, stopping it as surely as if it had struck a wall.  His eyes fell down to her again, the smile on his face belonging to something more malevolent than a simple shinigami.  "The thing you must remember," Zhou said, continuing to hold her blade even as his own came up, electricity crackling along its blade.  "You must match or exceed the force against you or you cannot harm it.  And at my full strength, you lack the killing intent to harm me."  With that his own blade would swipe down in a powerful blow.  Enough to deeply harm, but not kill.  Obviously he simply intended to step up the training.

FlaminGlory

When he stopped her blade, she tried to get it out of his hands, but she was succeeding. Giving him a glare as he smiled at her, she knew that she had to do what he asked. Her eyes widen as she focused on the sword and she knew that she couldn't move, not with out her sword anyway.

When it hit her, she let out a yelp of pain. That was it, she was done with this training, she was going to take him down that was her resolve.

DJGenXCide

"Killing intent," Zhou said, lowering his blade to point at her.  "Your blade is dulled by your inability to focus.  If you don't even bring me harm, how can you challenge the strongest of Soul Society?"  The sword was snapped up towards the sky, the sword transforming into the bolt of lightning that was its initial release form.  "I need to get you at your most powerful if you're to succeed, Natsumi.  Don't go easy on me out of fear for my safety."  A smile on his face as he would flip his zanpaktou from one hand to the other, taking off his robe, revealing the large, muscular, bare torso.

The man was nearly as scarred as his captain was.  "Pain happens in battle," Zhou continued.  His sword was lightly bouncing in his right hand, leaving the scent of burnt ozone surrounding them.  "You had better learn to work through it.  You need all your wits, your will, and your ability to harm those who are holding your mother.  And I'm merely a fourth seat in the 11th.  I could be a lieutenant in another division, but I, like Madarame, enjoy working for Zaraki."

A pause.  "Don't be flashy.  Don't be careless.  Battle.  If you don't come at me with the intent to cause me harm, to KILL me, you will be struck down.  Soul Society won't have to worry about executing you.  I'll kill you here and now."  However, he was waiting on her to attack this time.  Lightning circled around his body and the blade itself, his stance loose but ready to react.

FlaminGlory

Seeing his scarred torso, she knew that he had been in many battles and what he was telling her was true, that she needed to want to hurt him, but could she really do that. No now wasn't the time to hestate, every second she wasted her the closer something would happen to her mother and she didn't want anything to happen to her at all.

Looking right at him, she could smell the burnt ozone and knew what would happened to her if she failed to draw him back and she didn't want to feel that again. Running towards him, she had her whole intent on hurting him, to push him out of the way so to speak. There was no time for doubts, no time of hestation, she had to be willing to go through with this.

Jumping up, she prepared to do a slash down on him. She was ready to hurt him, she was going to teach him some manners.

DJGenXCide

He could feel her intent.  She was strong, she had fantastic potential.  But would she be able to do him harm?  His own blade came up, stopping hers, but it had enough force behind it to make him stumble half a step.  Given her sudden surge in strength, intent, the lightning he encircled himself with would do little more than tickle her at the moment.  She's growing stronger, he thought to himself.  In one day she'd found that intent.  It was a step in the right direction.

"Good girl," Zhou said, flicking his blade and pushing her back from him as if she weighed nothing more than a pound or two.  "More, young one.  Show me why you should be feared.  Show me why you're a dangerous opponent.  You need more.  That sword isn't going anywhere in your hand.  That's yours.  YOUR blade which YOU will use to bring back YOUR mother.  Can you do it?"  A flick of his wrist had Sky Dragon covering the distance between them in less time than it takes to blink, a heart to beat, or even a thought to be conveyed across the brain.  He merely hoped she used that same intent to deflect, or simply block the blow.  She was strong.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi watched as the sky dragon came closer and she wasn't going to back down or let this dragon push her back. Blocking it with her blade, she felt herself be pushed back a half of step, but she wasn't screaming out in pain or anything. A smile on her face as she found that she could do this and he was about to learn that she was a dangerous opponet.

Preparing to strike again, she rushed at him as she went to swing to the front of him, but at the last second she flashed stepped and aimed the sword at his side. Every intent on hurting him was there.

DJGenXCide

She wasn't the only one who could use shunpo.  The swing touched only air as he appeared a dozen feet away, yawning as he did so.  "C'mon little girl," Zhou said, running a hand through his purple hair.  "You're not going to win against me in a game of shunpo.  Electricity is fast and disturbs the spirit particles.  I'm going to win against you all day of the week.  And I don't use it until you do."  A smile on his face, the zanpaktou flicking back and forth in his hand, side to side.  "But it's a good start.  You're getting better.  Marked improvement.  Keep coming."

He beckoned her forward with his free hand, the other holding his sword easily and ready.  "Show me that intent, Natsumi.  Give me all that rage you feel.  Lets see what that blade of yours can do.  Or is the only thing it can do is look pretty in your hands?"

FlaminGlory

Glaring at him, she was ready to attack him again. Stepping forward, she came at him, with all the anger and intent she could muster as she started swinging at him. Intent on making him step back and then fall on his behind. She was going to make him stop yawning and make him start paying attention and to relize what she could do. She wasn't going to back down.

The thoughts of her mother came in her mind and it was what drove her to contuine this training.

DJGenXCide

He neither took a step back nor did he fall on his ass.  Every strike was met with his own blade, and the smile on his face was a dark, violent thing.  "More," Zhou said.  "More.  MORE!  Give me everything you got!"  Lightning encircled him, swirling around him as if it were a vortex.  It would have less effect on her than it had before, she'd been training, getting more adapted to it.  But of course, it was his natural element, a dangerous and volatile power that could be used for multiple things.

Rather than lash out at her directly, he merely detonated the power encircling him.  A sphere flashed from around him, going out in all directions as pure electrical energies would flash through the area.  The intent wasn't to cause harm, just distract so that his sword could flash out and strike at Natsumi.  While the blow didn't have the pure killing intent behind it, he meant to wound her.

FlaminGlory

Thinking that she would be able to beat him, she contuined to slash at him. Until she saw a flash which distracted her for only a second but in battle, she knew that a second was all it took to decided who one and who lost.

A sharp pain radiated through her body as she felt his blade connect. Pain showing in her face as she backed away from him.

DJGenXCide

"Tricks dear," Zhou said, watching blood fall from his blade.  "In a battle of equals, it's the one who's willing to fight dirty who'll win.  Honor is fine and dandy, but lets face it.  Fuck honor."  He pointed the blade at her, her blood sizzling along it as the lightning worked its way up and down the zanpaktou.  "You don't fight for honor.  You don't fight to make things look pretty.  You fight to WIN.  That's what it means to be the 11th division.  You fight, you win.  You win, your opponent is beaten or dead."

"The dead can't harm you again.  Only the living can.  So be prepared to face more pain than that.  More punishment than that.  To win.  To survive.  You do that?  And you'll save your mom."  A grin on his face, Zhou would call up to the shop above.  "URAHARA!  FOOD!  MEDICINE!"  A pause as he'd gesture towards her.  "Sheathe the blade.  Lets get you some grub and something to heal that wound.  And we'll continue after.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask Natsumi."

FlaminGlory

Looking right at him, she heard his words and saw her blood sizzle on his sword. Knowing now that being stronger wasn't going to be good enough, she would have to fight dirty when need be. She made a mental note to keep that in mind. Her eyes widen in surprise as he called the training off for now as it seemed he didn't want to kill her or anything.

Urahara came down with his two assistants who brought food and some medicine. "How she do today?" He asked as he knelt down and started to fix her wound.

"I wanted to ask how many divisions are there?" She asked him as she was wanted to know more about the soul socity.

DJGenXCide

Zhou would shrug in response to Urahara's question.  Obviously, he wasn't going to say anything in front of the poor girl.  "Thirteen," Zhou responded.  "At least, thirteen are all that you'll have to worry about.  There is another one, but it's by appointment only and we don't speak about it.  If you prove your worth in Soul Society, and stay alive, maybe you'll find out more."  Zhou was eating his food, blade returned to its sealed state and sheathed, her blood having been cleaned off by the lightning itself.

"You need to find out what else your blade is capable of," Zhou said.  "Almost every blade has certain abilities that are unleashed as you grow in strength.  Mine, as you've seen, enhances my speed, projects a protective aura around me, and can extend itself in the blink of an eye.  And that's only at the Shikai level.  Your father's zanpaktou is terrifying.  Byakuya's Bankai is a terrifying thing that brings opponents to their knees with ease."

FlaminGlory

Listening to what he said, she guessed that she had thirteen squads to defeat before she got to save her mother, but she knew that she could handle it. Flicking her eyes to Urahara, she told him a quite thank you for wrapping her wound up and he gave her a soft smile as if saying your welcome.

"Why do you say that?" She asked when he talked about how terrifying her father's zanpaktou was. Her mind was also wondering what her own would be able to do, she could feel it getting stronger, almost as much as she could feel herself getting stronger.

DJGenXCide

"His zanpaktou turns into a million blades that appear little more than dancing lights," Zhou said.  "In Shikai it's dangerous enough.  Pure speed may work against it.  When he uses Bankai?"  Zhou merely shook his head.  "There's no point in trying to battle against it.  One blade turns into dozens, and dozens of blades turn into many more millions of dancing lights, each a single blade that cuts like a razor."  A laugh as he'd take a bite of food.

"I believe the only captain more powerful than Byakuya is Yamamoto himself.  And that is only because his zanpaktou is the most powerful one in Soul Society currently.  Legend says, though, that yours will be even more powerful when you're at your strongest."  A smile on his face.  "Of course you have to gain that strength to use it, Natsumi.  Don't get cocky just yet."

FlaminGlory

The sword sounded amazing and she wondered if she would have to go against him but she wasn't sure if she wanted to or not. Taking a bite of her food, she flicked eyes away from him. "Like I would get cocky." She stated simply as she didn't think that her blade would be that powerful.

"What is this legend everyone keeps talking about?" She asked him as it had been something people had been talking about alot.

DJGenXCide

"That your zanpaktou will bring about the end of Soul Society," Zhou said.  "Red Lotus is something of a legend within Soul Society.  Your mother and father should not have had a child together, because that child will bring about the desetruction of Soul Society.  I don't buy it.  But I also know that if I wanted to I could kill you right now and the only person who might be able to stop it is Urahara over there."  Zhou was devouring his food, drinking the water to go with it.

"You've got to get strong enough to use that blade properly.  It's why your father had me do all of this.  Give you time to unlock as much of your strength as possible."

FlaminGlory

"And why would he want to help me, if I'm suppose to destroy the soul socity?" She asked him as she looked over at him, slowly eating some of the food. She didn't even want to set foot in the soul socity but it seemed that fate decided that she need to go there.

Although she doubted that she would every want to destroy anything at all. Urhara was done with her wound and he sat down and joined in on their lunch. "So you intend to train her all the way?" He asked him.

DJGenXCide

Zhou regarded her for a few moments, drinking a bit more before setting it aside.  "I know it may not seem this way," Zhou began.  "But your father does love you.  Otherwise he wouldn't have told me to train you, here, in a spot where very few know about.  You and your mother mean quite a bit to him.  Subordinates have been searching for the two of you for some time, and he's made sure the efforts went no where.  However, when commanded to go himself, he knew that the time had come."  A shrug of his shoulders.  "I was originally beneath him until I transferred to Zaraki's division.  He knew he could trust me."

Then of course he was turning and speaking to Urahara.  "Take her as far as I can.  I'm not far from being able to manifest bankai, so I'm hoping she can help push me to that last little bit.  And if she can...well.  We'll see what happens from there."  A shrug of his shoulders once more, and he was laying back, relaxing.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi flicked her gaze from him to her food. So he really did love her, but she wasn't sure how to act around him as she spent a big chunk of her life with out a father. Although she knew that her mother was safe with him as he loved her as well.

Flicking her eyes to him, when he said that he hadn't been able to do bankai yet. She wondered if he was going to use her to try and get to that level.

DJGenXCide

Zhou regarded her slowly.  She was so quiet.  A smile on his face as he watched her, assessing what was on her mind.  "If you got something you want to say feel free," Zhou said, gesturing for her to do so.  "After all, this is only the second...or third...whatever.  Anyway, we're going to be spending more time together, Natsumi.  Feel free to talk.  Or yell.  Or bluster.  But talking gets you the most points with me.  Blustering and yelling will leave you unconscious."  Zhou smiled, but it was a soft smile, a rare thing from him.  Merely relaxing and taking it easy for a few moments.

FlaminGlory

"Surprised that you didn't call me kid or anything," She teased giving him a smile of her own, "I think I would pay a big price if I yell or bluster at you." Although she wouldn't doubt that she would end up hurt if she yelled at him. Seeing him smile, she found it rare and she noted how handsome he looked. Shaking that thought away, he was her teacher after all.

"What do you think is happening in the Soul Socity now?" She asked him.

DJGenXCide

"Nothing," Zhou responded.  "They're still waiting on me to return with you.  I've got a few days to respond to that.  If I wait any longer they'll send more out to search for us.  However, this place is well-shielded.  And most people don't think to check on Urahara, as he's banished from Soul Society."  A sigh and he'd rub his neck, putting thoughts in order and how to proceed.  "We just need more training.  Training, training, and more training.  We need to see just what that blade of yours is capable of."

FlaminGlory

It seemed that was what her month was going to be filled with. Training. It wasn't like she was mad about it or anything, it just that she was going to have to learn in a month what took a person like him years to do it. "So are you going to respond to them?" She asked as she wondered if he was going to risk more people being sent out after them.

DJGenXCide

"If they find me sure," Zhou said, pushing his purple hair back from his face.  "If they don't find me then I'll simply say I got caught up in a few things.  Who knows."  Obviously the man didn't care whether he got in trouble or not.  "The way things are going, though?  We won't have to worry about all this.  Because YOU, Natsumi, need to unlock more of your power.  So you'd better start talking to that sword of yours to figure out what it can do.  Otherwise this conversation is pointless and you'll die in Soul Society."

FlaminGlory

"Gee thanks for having so much faith in me." She told him as she looked over at her sword, she needed to talk to it, but she was still unsure what or how to talk to it. Perhaps she had to be knocked out again or something.

DJGenXCide

"Hey," Zhou said with a smile.  "I'm a realist.  Besides, I figure if I push you, you'll push back, and we can help each other.  I'm nasty as is, but I don't have bankai.  If I get that?  Hell."  Zhou smiled, looking up at the fake sky that made up the underground room.  "I'd probably even try to challenge your father.  Just to see how well I stood up before he killed me."  The grin on his face at the thought of facing death was a true sign of his belonging in the 11th division.

FlaminGlory

"Do you think you would win if you challaged him?" She asked as she looked at him. Zhou seemed quite powerful but they way he talked that he was afraid of her father.

"I wonder what'll happen to me if I do end up saving my mother. I mean I doubt that the Soul Socity will let me go easily." She said as she looked down at her hands. It wasn't as though she doubted her skill, it just she didn't know what was going to happen to her when she got done.

DJGenXCide

"Oh not a chance in hell," Zhou said laughing.  "I don't have a prayer against him right now.  Even if I obtain bankai, he's still going to be able to whip my ass.  But he's had more centuries of experience than I.  Give me some time?  And we'll see."  Zhou would just sit there, looking over at her.

"You'll be able to determine that.  If you can save her.  You'll have proven you're capable of much if you can go up against the best of them and win."  A shrug of his shoulders and he'd lean forward to look at her.  "They respect strength.  If you prove yourself?  You'll find a home there I imagine."

FlaminGlory

"I guess." Natsumi said, she wasn't sure if she wanted a home there or not. If she had a choice, she would much rather be back here instead of there. Looking back at him, before she flicked her gaze up to the ceiling and she couldn't help but wonder how her mother was doing.

DJGenXCide

As if he could read her thoughts, he'd make a quick tsking sound.  "Don't think of anything else but the here and now," Zhou spoke in a slightly menacing tone.  "If you think of anything but right here, and right now, you're as good as dead.  Do you want to know how I got to be such a nasty bastard?"  Zhou leaned forward, his gaze flicking over her quickly and efficiently.

"I suffer no distractions.  I focus on the here and now.  Your here and now?  Is obtaining as much power as possible to survive.  To live.  I'm not the deadliest thing out there.  I'm not even in the top thirty, I imagine.  But I know if I push you, you'll push me, and we can both be nasty bastards in short time.  So c'mon, little girl.  Lets see if you can finally commune with that blade of yours.  But ah...."  Zhou trailed off as he stood, flicking his blade out form its scabbard.

"If you want me to put you in night night land again, hey.  I can do that.  Just say the word and you'll be ass out on the ground again."

FlaminGlory

Hearing his voice, she jumped back to the real world. He seemed so menacing and she knew that he was right, she needed to focus on the here and now. It wouldn't do her good as she needed to learn everything she could from him before she saved her mother. "I'll never turn into a nasty bastard." She said as she flicked her eyes toward him, leaning back as he came closer to her.

"I have no intention of letting you do that to me." She told him as she gave a soft smile as she stood up, her sword out and ready to fight him. Urahara thought that this would be a good time to leave and he gather up his stuff and left them alone.

"I'm ready when you are or are you going to keep me waiting." She said to him with a soft smile.

DJGenXCide

A shrug of his shoulders and he'd snap his sword up and away.  Shikai was immediate, the sword turning into a living lightning bolt even as the lightning encased him completely.  Seeing as how she was being a bit more serious about this, perhaps it was time to give her exactly what she'd need to push herself higher.  His reiatsu grew until it was at its maximum strength, letting her feel exactly what kind of monster he was.  A miniature Zaraki in the making, but had more of a tactical head than his mentor.

"Okay little girl," he spoke as his blade flashed forward.  The smell of ozone was overwhelming as it struck at her faster than it had earlier, coming with all the might he could deliver behind it.  It was time to push the pace, and push her to the very brink.

FlaminGlory

When his sword flashed at her, she went to dodge it. Causing her to step back a few steps, but she held her ground as she pushed back. He wasn't going to put her on her but and she will learn to be one with her sword, so she could save her mother. She came up and started to swing at him, hoping to catch him off balance and have him fall, but she knew she was along way from being able to do that.

"I'm not going to back down." She told herself.

DJGenXCide

Blades clashed as Zhou laughed, a wild laughter, a joyous exultation in the events that were occurring.  "Come on!" He taunted, meeting every one of her strikes and returning them easily, quickly.  He fed off of battle, loving the sensation, the dangers that it presented.  "More!  Harder!  Push yourself!"  His swings carried with it that electrical covering, each one seeming to be harder than the last.  His purple hair floated around him as if caused by static electricity.

To show her a lesson, though, instead of meeting her blade one time, he'd step to the side to let her pass, flicking his blade around in a quick circle to let it rest near her undefended back.  "Another lesson," Zhou said calm as could be.  "Deceit is the core of all battle.  You aren't here to look impressive.  You're here to win.  And while many of Soul Society would disagree with that, a battle is war.  Everything is fair game."

FlaminGlory

Stepping forward, she felt the sword at her back and she tensed before looking back at him. Remembering what he was teaching her, so decit was what he thought would win. Well then she was more then ready to do that. Turning around fast, she started to swing her sword towards him, intent of landing him on his but or at least injury him.

Her sword seemed to sing to her with each swing like she was slowly becoming one with her sword.

DJGenXCide

He'd take a few steps back to avoid the initial strikes, but his eyes followed every strike she was making.  A pattern was beginning to form, as each strike could only come in certain ways, from certain directions.  However, he did not use this knowledge just yet.  After all, part of him hoped she was using it as a distraction, a way of forcing him into a less favorable position.  So he merely fell back, his blade coming up to strike randomly, other blows merely being avoided.  Waiting, his patience an endless thing.

FlaminGlory

When she thought that he was distracted enough, she changed the direction of her blows. She flashed stepped and aimed for an opening at her side, her mind intent on hitting him there, but who knows he might just block her attack like he always seemed to do.

DJGenXCide

Zhou wasn't about to take a sword strike when she wasn't quite there yet.  So he rolled with the strike, skirting along the ground in a quick tumble, letting it swipe clean over his head.  After which, he popped back up with a grin.  "Good!" he said.  "Keep that up!"

FlaminGlory

Her eyes flicked toward him as she gave him a smile of her own. "Don't worry I won't." She told him as she went to attack him again. Keeping her eyes for any openings as she attempted to push him back. Suddenly she felt something connect and her sword transform. When she swung her sword, she felt enegry moving from her body to the sword and then out. Her eyes focused on a red lotus petal created by energy as it moved toward him.

"Uh...what just happened?" She asked she stopped and stared at him. Although she didn't mean to do that, she had a feeling that he wouldn't want her to say sorry for it.

DJGenXCide

Zhou would pause as she stopped herself, looking at her sword as well.  "Welcome to initial release," Zhou said, pointing at the lotus petal as he fell back a few paces.  "That would be the shikai stage of your blade.  And it looks quite pretty.  Spend a few moments convening with your sword, Natsumi.  Figure out if you can unlock any of its abilities."

FlaminGlory

"Okay, but the truth is I don't even know how I did that." She said, she knew that she needed to do this and that their was no time for her to be weak. There was to many important things that were at hand and she wouldn't waste time being unsure.

Her eyes flicked up to him. "Pretty?" She asked as she didn't think that it could have been describe something like that.

DJGenXCide

"Take your time then," Zhou responded, his steps swift as he made sure he was well out of her immediate range.  Damned if he knew what the thing would do when she began tapping into its power to see what could happen.  "Commune with the blade.  Find out what's going on.  What it can do.  It's not merely a sword.  A zanpaktou is a sentient thing, and will assist you as a partner."

Seeing as how that might take her some time, Zhou proceeded to sit down near some boulders in case he needed to head to cover quickly.  Given the myth behind the sword, he just hoped it wouldn't blow up the entire room.

FlaminGlory

Deciding to sit far away from him as she didn't want to hurt him or anything. When she sat down, she looked down at her sword. How was she suppose to commune with it? Remembering what her mom had told her, she said that she use to medate with her sword. Clear her mind so to speak. Leaning against the boulder, she cleared her mind and controled her breathing. She could hear Zhou shift and breath. Ingoring that, she contrates on her sword. It felt like she could feel the heartbeat and the next thing she knew she was standing in that same training ground, she had first started. Standing in front of her was the same women.

"Back again I see. I'm glad you figured out your inital relase, but you know that you have more work to do." She told her.

"I do and I hope that you will be willing to work with me to help me." She said to her. It felt like she was talking to a noble lady.

"I will and since you have figured out your intial relase, it should be easy for you to sense what moves you can do and I'll be there to help you when you need it." She told her.

"And I thank you for that." She replied as she gave a soft smile.

"Now go back to your training." She ordered.

"Right." She said as she pulled out of the mediation and went walking up to him.

DJGenXCide

Zhou would still be sitting over near the boulders, his own blade held in his hands.  Sky Dragon was anxious in his hands, the lightning circling and circling over and over again.  "Will you calm down?" Zhou said, to which the sword seemed to only move quicker.  "We can't force her to move any faster.  Besides, do you remember when I first spoke to you?  Hell, you were all types of annoying.  You need patience."  If lightning could make a rude sound, that sword would have made it.

FlaminGlory

Stepping closer to him, she gave a soft smile. "Hey, I'm ready to contuine if you are." She told him with a smile as she had a feeling that he was going to land on his butt before the day was through, she was going to make sure of that. It seemed that she was connected with her sword now and she knew some attacks that she was going to use.

DJGenXCide

Zhou didn't trust that smile at all.  As he stood, the living lightning within his hand crackled around uneasily, as if it, too, did not trust what would be happening in the coming minutes.  Her reiatsu had risen, was more in sync with her sword.  Given that, and the unknown factors of the sword, it was a given that he'd have to approach this much more gingerly than he had before.

Sky Dragon was raised, the bolt of lightning within his hand snapping back and forth, ready to test itself against this one's blade once again.  Lightning circled around Zhou's form, his purple hair levitating around his frame as he waited.

FlaminGlory

Giving another smile, she raised her sword in front of her as she prepared to attack him. Stepping forward, she sliced with her sword, her intent to drive him back. One of the attacks she was going to do invovled her being in the air, so she thought that he would let him attack her and thus having to force her to jump in the air.

She kept striking at him, making sure to leave an opening so he could attack her. She wasn't sure if this attack would work but she had to try it out.

DJGenXCide

Zhou was far from a trainee when it came to learning the give and take of combat.  Given the way she was attacking, he knew there was a reason she was leaving so many openings.  By the same token, he was also more experienced in how to attack from multiple angles than she was.  So during one of his retreating movements, he'd drive the lightning that was his zanpaktou down into the ground in front of him, sending it surging beneath the ground to shoot up from her very feet towards her.

FlaminGlory

The feeling of something under her feet, she jumped up to avoid the attack. "Got you now." She said with a smirk as she felt herself connect with her sword and with a mid air spin, she sent flower petals down at him. She wasn't even sure if this thing was going to work, but she had to try didn't she. It was the whole part about connecting with her sword.

DJGenXCide

Given the fact that he knew nothing about what those petals would do, and that he needed to get her confidence up a bit, he'd appear to be a little lacking in avoiding them.  So, in fact, he'd get caught by a few rather than all of them.  Which meant he would suffer the consequences in, what was most likely, a spectacularly painful fashion!

FlaminGlory

Natsumi watched as her attack fluttered down at him and she noted that he didn't avoid them and she wondered if he was trying to boost her cofendance up but either way he was hit by her attack. Landing on the ground a few feet away from him, she gave a smug smirk as she waited to see what he would do. She needed to pratice on her defense as well as offense.

DJGenXCide

Zhou simply stood there for a moment.  "That's it?" he said, looking at the flowers that decorated a bit of his body.  "I mean, that's it?  I was expecting a bit more bang for the buck, so to speak.  A few flowers landed on me and...that's it?"  Zhou almost felt like crying, truly.  This was turning out to be an all but hopeless effort.  His free hand came up to rub across his face.

FlaminGlory

"I'm still trying to figure this out okay." She snapped at him as gave him a glare, doing a flash step. She was going to make him pay for saying that. She was still unsure on what her sword could do, just because she connected with it didn't mean that she knew what it could do. Slashing at him, she sent her engery into the sword and sent another lotus petal, shooting at him. Dodge that. She said to herself.

DJGenXCide

So her shunpo was decent.  It had been for some time.  However, Zhou was tired of dealing with it.  He was getting tired already of dealing with her.  He should have never been the teacher.  His patience was far from endless, and he just...didn't know what to do here.  Perhaps Byakuya should have chosen another to assist his daughter in this education.  However, he had to deal with the here and now.

Just as she could, he'd let shunpo take over and disappear in a short move that ended with him some distance away from her and the lotus petal that had been shot at him.  His anger was palpable, the scent of it nearly staining the air as his temper sharpened to a point just shy of killing.  In response to her attempt upon his personage with such a...paltry, in his opinion, attack?  He'd respond with something suitable for the situation.

A swing of the blade of lightning sent a bolt of electricity flying through the air directly towards her.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi eyes widen as she watched the electricty come at her and she brought her sword up in an attempt to block him. Thinking that it was because she was getting tired but she refused to be weak and she wouldn't be weak at all. There was to much riding on the fact that she had to save her mother.

"I'm not going to let you bet me." She muttered.

DJGenXCide

The strike wouldn't fall upon her as hard as it could have, perhaps due to her sword, perhaps simply due to her sheer stubbornness.  However, Zhou wasn't going to take it easy on her.  Each swing of his sword sent more lightning at her, an attempt to overwhelm her with the sheer amount of blows he could rain down upon her.  His temper was rising, and his desire to hold back was quickly falling to the wayside.

FlaminGlory

It seemed, to her, that he wasn't going to take it easy on her and she wouldn't every other way. She kept blocking the attacks, or at least trying to as she found herself stepping back as the became stronger. "No, I'm not quiting." She said to herself as she tried to defend herself and look for any openings so that she could attack.

DJGenXCide

Zhou was impressed by her willingness to simply stand there and withstand the attacks.  Granted, they wouldn't stop, and it seemed as if he'd reached the plateau of his strength for the time being.  Openings there would be, as if he were purposefully trying to draw her in to assault him.  So he could respond with something nasty.

FlaminGlory

Seeing the openings, she was about to attack him, but the thought of him doing something to her when she did get close to him, so she kept her distance. Wondering if she could try that attack again, but make sure she put more energy in it. The fluttered before this time with the soar down at him, and she doubted that he would be able to dodge it.

DJGenXCide

To Zhou's mind, why try to avoid an assault if you could meet it head on and try to crush it?  So when she fluttered and struck at him from above, he'd take his blade in two hands and bring it forward in a swift, potent overhand strike.  After all, it was time to truly test the strength of her blade.  He just hoped she survived encountering him with two hands on his blade instead of the usual one.

FlaminGlory

Flash stepping, so she ended up in the sky she looked down at him. Turning like she had before, she put more power in the petals, she sent down this time. So instead of fluttering, the soared down at him. Keeping her eyes on him as she wasn't sure if he would do something back at her and she knew that he was more experience that she did.

DJGenXCide

Once more, Zhou would merely stand there and wait for the petals to fall upon him once again.  They had done nothing to him the first time, so what were they likely to do to him a second?  So this time it was up to her and her blade to determine what would happen, he imagined.

FlaminGlory

Concentrating on her attack, she couldn't help but wonder if they would actually do something this time instead of looking pretty, she needed them to do more then that. It seemed that with this attack, she could make them look pretty at first but the more she concentrated the sharper the petals seemed to look and the faster the soared to the ground.

If he didn't move out of the way, he would probably be cut by them.

DJGenXCide

When the first few petals struck him, and sliced into his skin, the rest were quickly avoided.  A shunpo and he was safely away from the falling petals, staring down at his wounds.  A shake of the head and he'd look up at her, smirking.  "Not bad," he said.  "Granted, not quite the same as your father's, but not bad.  His sword actually separates into thousands of petals that are all but invisible to the naked eye unless they are amassed."  A slight inclination, showing that he was proud of her, he proceeded to wait for her next strike!

FlaminGlory

"From the sounds of it, I'll never be close to my fathers." She told him with a soft smile as she shunpoed down to the ground. Her eyes flicked toward him and it seemed that he was proud of her and she was glad that she had been able to put that prideness in him.

"Your turn." She said with a soft smile.

DJGenXCide

Zhou would laugh softly.  "What, can tell that I'm holding back?"  A shake of his head and he'd hold up his crackling blade.  "Lightning based zanpaktous are rare for a reason.  They're fast, powerful, and destructive as all hell.  I'd argue that it's on par with a fire.  However, I haven't yet unlocked bankai.  I'm limited by my current abilities.  Lets see if we can push each other to that next level."  With his reiatsu resonating with that of his blade, Zhou's lightning armor flickered around him, enough to stain the air with its anger.  He'd charge at her, not bothering with shunpo, merely moving forward with the blade held in both hands, moving quickly and with more strength behind the blade than ever before.  Should she try to block one of those strikes, she may end up thrown back more than a few dozen feet!

FlaminGlory

"I guess I can." Natsumi told him with a soft smile as she watched him come at her, although the electricty he was surronding himself with worried her slightly. When he went to attack her, she brought her sword up to block him. When it connected, she couldn't hold her postion as she was thrown back and with luck landed on her feet as she skid to a halt.

Looking at him, she slowly got back into guard postion. She was far from done and her smirk told him that.

DJGenXCide

He would continue the same attack, over and over again, each one seeming to only gain in power from the previous.  Granted he was expending his reiatsu to try and ensure each and every attack was stronger than the previous.  It was to test her, to see if she would tap into her own strength in a similar way so she could hold her ground against his onslaught.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi kept being pushed back everytime he attacked her and she knew that if she didn't push him back, she would land on her but again. Refusing to be forced back down, she put her strength into her sword as her reitsu rose and she started to attack him, wanting to push him back instead of the other way around.

DJGenXCide

Zhou was laughing wildly throughout it, and when her reiatsu finally started to take an upswing and she was capable of standing her ground, he didn't fall back.  He simply kept attacking, knowing that he was going to get hurt one way or the other.  He had to force her into doing what needed to be done.  Force her into tapping all that hidden strength and unleashing it in a monstrous assault upon him.  She -had- to get better, as did he.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi kept blocking him as she tried to push him back. His laughter was scaring her and she couldn't help but wonder if he was enjoying the fight or the fact that he wanted to push her to her limit. Giving a swing of her sword, it seemed to disappear and her eyes could pick a few red petals out of the area as it went towards him. She wondered if he would see it before it hit him, but for some reason she hoped he didn't.

DJGenXCide

Zhou saw the blade disappear, but there would be little he could do in response to it.  The entire scene was too close, and he wasn't about to take any steps back simply because he was going to be hurt.  However, he also knew that they weren't real petals, but slivers of the blade.  Metal.  Metal could be handled in a variety of different ways.  His reiatsu spiked as his blade and he unified for a moment, and electricity would supercharge the air around him.  A strong enough electrical charge would be utilized to strike at each of those petals as they came his way, ensuring that the attack, if it struck him, would be highly diminished.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi felt the air electrify around him and she could see some of her petals hit the air and seem to disappear. Had he distroyed them? She couldn't answer that as she didn't even know the answer to it. "What did I just do?" She asked as she looked stright at him. Knowing that it was a new attack, but she wasn't even sure how she did it.

DJGenXCide

Zhou laughed as he finally took a few steps back, ensuring that any further attacks would be safely avoided.  His reiatsu dropped as he let the lightning dissipate, sealing his zanpaktou into its normal state once more.  "That would be what your father does," Zhou said.  "Senbonzakura is your father's zanpaktou.  When he issues the word 'Scatter', it will separate into thousands of blossom petals.  It's a very powerful offensive and defensive weapon.  I'm wondering if yours is similar.  You have to control it with your mind, though.  Practice more."

Zhou grinned, and would look at the various cuts and nicks he developed from the attack.  None were life threatening, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt.  "Just practice it on some rocks for a while, eh?  I think I need to get some rest and some healing done."  He chuckled as he would stagger slightly before walking away.  He'd taken a lot of wounds on purpose, to have her see, firsthand, what may have to be done.

FlaminGlory

"Uh...Okay." Natusmi said a little uncertin as she looked down at her sword. Watching him walk away, she wondered if this was a teaching lesson. It felt like it and the more she thought about it the more she knew that it was indeed a teaching lesson. Going to a rock, she looked down at her sword, thinking about how she did it. She even used the word scatter, which didn't seem to work.

"Open your blossoms." She said as she thought about what she wanted to do and she watched as her sword seemed to disappear and the petals flying toward the rock.

"Alright, I got that down." She said with a smile. "No it's just doing it with my mind that I have to do." She said as she started to work on that. Hours seemed to tick by and she was slowly starting to get exhausted, but she wouldn't quit. Not until she mastered it and she wasn't going to let him stop her.

DJGenXCide

While she worked with her sword, Zhou was taking the necessary time to rest and recover from the exertions of the day.  She seemed to recover far quicker than most, he'd give her that.  Then again, he had been taking unnecessary damage from her blows.  A packet of food and drink had been waiting for him at a small grouping of rocks far away from her.  Far enough away he could barely see, and still be out of her immediate range.  Just in case.

So while she practiced he recovered, eating and drinking his fill while waiting to see if she'd get her Shikai under control.

FlaminGlory

It took alot of hardwork, but she had finally was able to move the petal blades with her mind, but the fact that she had worked on it, left her tired and she went to find him. Natsumi needed some rest and some food as well, but she was proud of herself for being able to master it.

When she found him, she gave a soft smile. Pretty much saying that she had mastered it and sat down across from him. "How are you doing?" She asked him with a soft smile.

DJGenXCide

Zhou would smile in return to her.  He'd kept track of her progress, and she'd done well.  Given the time, and some variation, she might be a rival to some of the captains.  But within the next few weeks?  That'd be tough.  "I'm healing nicely," he said with a grin.  "You're a helluva little fighter, Natsumi.  You've started down a long, arduous road.  Lets see if we can finish it together eh?"

FlaminGlory

"Thanks," Natsumi said as she blushed at the complement, "My mom said that I was always stubborned about mastering things." It was true, she remembered how many times her mom had told her to stop practing her swordmenship and she wouldn't stop until she had mastered it. Although she paid the price more then once.

DJGenXCide

Zhou inclined his head and would proceed to get to his feet, stretching for a moment before taking an assessment of the time via his internal regulator.  "Lets call it a day," he said.  "Get some rest, and we'll pick things up tomorrow.  Achieving shikai is an impressive thing, but bankai is some ways off still.  We need to see exactly how much power you have locked inside of you before we can try that."

FlaminGlory

Giving a nod in agreement, she slowly stood up and streatched as well. "I guess you know best." She told him with a soft smile as she gave a soft yawn.  She was exhausted and sleep sounded so good right now. "Do you think I can reach banki?" She asked him still alittle unsure about herself.

DJGenXCide

Zhou would shrug his shoulders.  "I honestly don't know," he said as he was ready to doze off himself.  "We need to see how powerful you are.  Old Urahara has a few methods for unlocking it faster, but it's...not easy.  But if you try it?  I'll be right there with you."  He smiled at he.

FlaminGlory

Giving him a soft smile, she rolled over. Her back facing him as she felt herself drift off to sleep. Her body ached from all the training she did for that day and she wouldn't mind just sleeping the whole day away, but she knew that she couldn't as she had to save her mother. Hoping that she was alright and that they hadn't did anything to her yet.

Hours passed and she woke up, although she could barley tell if it was morning or if it was still night as this place always had a blue sky. A soft yawn passed her lips as she stood up and streatched her joints cracking.