Email notifications - missing information

Started by AmberStarfire, October 01, 2013, 01:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

It's happened to me again today too. I also think it might be connected with longer messages, but I'm not sure.

At least some with 'blank' message areas have had quotes and/or images too.

Nessy

Add me to the list. At "random" and I know it's not really random but i haven't seen a patter... I get notifications but not the body of the actual message/post.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Vekseid

Can people affected by this pm me the e-mail source (In Gmail you get to it with extra actions -> show original, other mail providers should have their own way to show e-mail source)

Vekseid

Thank you!

Don't need anymore. It's obviously trying to send the contents, just busting somewhere.

Vekseid

Seems to be choking on extended characters... did this seriously just start? Should have been going on for years...

Geraint

Quote from: Vekseid on October 04, 2013, 04:42:38 AM
Seems to be choking on extended characters... did this seriously just start? Should have been going on for years...

For me it's only been happening for the past few weeks, definitely not from before the server change.

edit:  Or before I switched to https

Vekseid

Well the same error's been firing since the server move... didn't bother to keep the logs from the last server.

Not hard to fix technically, I'm just surprised this mess ever worked...

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Vekseid on October 04, 2013, 04:42:38 AM
It is seriously something new since the server change.  May be stricter protocol or something like that catching it now.  Not that I know anything about how it happens or how to fix it.

AmberStarfire

I'm not sure if it happened before (if so, it must've been sporadically), but it's been really obvious the last few days.

Vekseid

It will only occur when someone uses non-ascii characters in a message. Accented characters (ôó, etc.) and 'smart quotes' from copying from Word are probably the two main culprits.

AmberStarfire

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Vekseid on October 04, 2013, 08:29:17 PM
It will only occur when someone uses non-ascii characters in a message. Accented characters (ôó, etc.) and 'smart quotes' from copying from Word are probably the two main culprits.
Does that cover YouTube links as well?