A Harvest Moon Game

Started by Sephora, August 01, 2013, 01:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephora

Having played pretty much all of the harvest moon games, I consider myself a pretty big fan of the series.  With that in mind, I've decided to try and GM a harvest moon themed game using all of the fun filled cliche's that are known so well to those familiar with the series.  I'd like to involve the traditional relationship points, the love rivals, and the special events into what I hope will be a very fun and sexy game.  This will range from being able to clearly see where you stand relationship wise with characters with the use of relationship points, to your significant other refusing to sleep with yours until you upgrade the size of your bed. 

Rather than force your character to rebuild the entire town from scratch, slowly bringing all of the potential love matches to him, I think it would be easier if the town was already existing prior to your character's arrival.  Maybe he's inherited his Grandpa's shitty old farm, but the town is otherwise still thriving on it's own.  Just like in the traditional games there would be a wide variety of characters, and it will be my job to force your character into awkward positions where gaining the affections of one might mean losing the affections of someone else.   

I've tried to do a game like this once before, and I'll be frank when I say that I will probably be reusing most of the character's that I designed for that game.    If you want to take a look at it, here you go: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114146.0

Sephora

TheDreadPirateRoberts

While I have only played Harvest Moon to a relatively small degree, I have enjoyed what I've played. This definitely would interest me from just reading the first few posts of the previous incarnation of this.

And a great clip, I love good parodies/spoofs

kiva10

Hm... I'd be willing to give it a shot. I've been trying to get my hands on more of the games and this would sate my urge a bit.

paladincarvin

Still looking for people for this?
I am Warp, creator and master of The Transdimensional Brothel, where I can make your dream come true, at the simple cost making sure my dream comes true.

Sephora

I am discussing this game with a few people, but it's not first come first serve!