TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

I think it should be sort of possible to do so long as you put the colour tags inside the quotes.

e.g. "Can we stop this from occuring?"

Beyond that... it's tricky as the bbcode isn't bbcode by the time that my script sees it.  It has already been translated to HTML.  It might be possible to do something and I have a few thoughts but I'll let them percolate before I go and jump off the deep end and break everything ;p
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (8th April 2024)
One-on-one ideas (8th April 2024)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

CrownedSun

Potential Feature Request? XD

As someone who has had to, twice this year, go through my RP list and manually add each individual person that I have an RP with as BCC's to a PM so I can tell them about the new fun and creative way that my life is potentially about to suck in the near to immediate future,-- it'd be really nice if there was some way to automate this process so that I could say... add a pre-generated list of names to a PM or at least save a copy of said BCC's after doing it once.. you can't even really reply all at the moment.

I have no idea if this is a realistic request, or something that I could actually do, but it's apparently one that I at least need. I'm sure others would find it useful too!

Sofia Grace, also, has supported this potential suggestion!

:-)

Either way, thank you!

Sofia Grace

Quote from: CrownedSun on September 05, 2017, 08:03:54 PM

As someone who has had to, twice this year, go through my RP list and manually add each individual person that I have an RP with as BCC's to a PM so I can tell them about the new fun and creative way that my life is potentially about to suck in the near to immediate future,-- it'd be really nice if there was some way to automate this process so that I could say... add a pre-generated list of names to a PM or at least save a copy of said BCC's after doing it once.. you can't even really reply all at the moment.

I have no idea if this is a realistic request, or something that I could actually do, but it's apparently one that I at least need. I'm sure others would find it useful too!

Either way, thank you!

stamps her seal of approval

I have to send out a lot of the 'my life is about to suck' messages, as well, so this feature would be wonderful. 
i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

Ssieth

Quote from: CrownedSun on September 05, 2017, 08:03:54 PM

Either way, thank you!

I'm pretty sure this is doable.  I just need to check how _best_ to do it :)  Leave it with me and expect it to appear in a future release :)

~~ Ssi

CrownedSun

Quote from: Ssieth on September 06, 2017, 04:40:56 AM
I'm pretty sure this is doable.  I just need to check how _best_ to do it :)  Leave it with me and expect it to appear in a future release :)

~~ Ssi

Hah, that's so awesome, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :-)

Nymphadora

Quote from: Ssieth on September 06, 2017, 04:40:56 AM

~~ Ssi

As always, you rock, Ssieth!

If you are able, this would be an awesome feature!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Ssieth

Quote from: Nymphadora on September 06, 2017, 09:09:02 AM
As always, you rock, Ssieth!

If you are able, this would be an awesome feature!

OK- I have a bit of a concept in my head, now and some proof-of-concept code for how it might work behind the scenes.  Lemme know if you think this might work...

1. A new screen to manage "User Lists" which are, in short, lists of users.  They are going to be used here but I may find other uses for them too...
2. You will be able to create new user lists, add folks to them, delete them and remove people from them.
3. In the PM screen you will be able to add a user list to either the To or BCC fields.  It will work a bit like snippets in that there will be a dropdown menu near the edit box.

That's it really...

NightLux

Quote from: Ssieth on September 06, 2017, 09:14:18 AM
1. A new screen to manage "User Lists" which are, in short, lists of users.  They are going to be used here but I may find other uses for them too...

I'd love to be able to use this list to track people's new posts around Elliquiy - and while that sounds incredibly creepy, it'd help a lot with mentoring, especially if I could use it to filter the "show unread posts since last visit". 

But it'd also be useful if you could use it to see when the last time someone posted within a thread was.  Say I'm running a group game, I could use that user list to see when the last time RandomUserName posted so I know whether I owe a post or two.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]

CrownedSun

Quote from: Ssieth on September 06, 2017, 09:14:18 AM
OK- I have a bit of a concept in my head, now and some proof-of-concept code for how it might work behind the scenes.  Lemme know if you think this might work...

2. You will be able to create new user lists, add folks to them, delete them and remove people from them.
3. In the PM screen you will be able to add a user list to either the To or BCC fields.  It will work a bit like snippets in that there will be a dropdown menu near the edit box.

That's it really...

That sounds like it would cover my needs entirely, for the record, if you could get it to work. XD

Ssieth

OK - it's  bit rough-and-ready but it's now there in the latest version (v1.32.0).

User Lists....

It can be switch on or off in the general settings and you can get at them from the PM screen or from the Script Settings menu.  Name you list whatever you like (within reason) and add as many users as you like.  You can add multiples at once.  Just put them in the box on the left (full username) and hit the "Add->" button.  The system checks that they exist and adds the ones that do and leaves the ones that don't. 

When you see the lists appear in the PM screen, you can click the list name for the "To" box or the BCC bit for the "BCC" box.  You won't see the BCC list appear until you add the BCC section in the usual way but they should send via BCC whether you can see them or not :)

Lemme know what you think.  If it goes smoothly I shall add more functionality as we go :)

Nowherewoman

My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

CrownedSun

For the record, tested out the User Lists and they work PERFECTLY so far. XD

Ssieth

Quote from: CrownedSun on September 06, 2017, 05:29:12 PM
For the record, tested out the User Lists and they work PERFECTLY so far. XD

I'll give it a little while before starting to add the fancy stuff that NightLux mentions because I want to make sure that the basics are solid first :)

Ssieth

Hi,

Just to let people know - there will be a bit of disruption to the script after the site upgrade (https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=274882.msg13505300#msg13505300).  Some of the script features will actually be replaced by main site features (which I'm sure will be a lot better) and some will just need tweaking to make work with the upgrade.

After the upgrade happens, please feel free to report bugs here but you may need to be a bit patient with me to get around to fixing it.

Nymphadora

Finally had a reason to create and use a UserGroup and love how easy it is to work with. Great addition!

Thanks for everything, Ssieth!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Ritsu

Quote from: Ssieth on September 03, 2017, 12:15:27 PM
I think it should be sort of possible to do so long as you put the colour tags inside the quotes.

e.g. "Can we stop this from occuring?"

Beyond that... it's tricky as the bbcode isn't bbcode by the time that my script sees it.  It has already been translated to HTML.  It might be possible to do something and I have a few thoughts but I'll let them percolate before I go and jump off the deep end and break everything ;p
Hey Ssieth, did you say that any CSS should work when applying to the "Quoted Text"?

I'm trying to apply a font and I'm sure it's available to me/my browser, but when I add the code to the formatter it goes sideways.

Specifically what I'm trying to add: color: blue; font-family: 'Bradley Hand';

Ssieth

Quote from: Ritsu on September 20, 2017, 05:35:42 PM
Hey Ssieth, did you say that any CSS should work when applying to the "Quoted Text"?

I'm trying to apply a font and I'm sure it's available to me/my browser, but when I add the code to the formatter it goes sideways.

Specifically what I'm trying to add: color: blue; font-family: 'Bradley Hand';

Hmmm... try the same thing but  with double quotes rather than single.  I think it might be those throwing it...

Ritsu

Oh Awesome! Thank you! Stupid python habits...

Ssieth

Quote from: Ritsu on September 20, 2017, 05:54:31 PM
Oh Awesome! Thank you! Stupid python habits...

I'll get the single quote thing fixed when I'm next digging around in there... just need to make sure that I replace it in the string :)

Ssieth

v1.32.1: has a minor tweak to add text to the profile editing page that indicates the max avatar size.
v1.32.2 : Single quotes are now supported in speech styling CSS :)

Outcast

Woohoo!  I prompted an update!

;)

Thank you!
My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 10/4/24)

Ssieth

Quote from: Outcast on September 23, 2017, 05:47:19 AM
Woohoo!  I prompted an update!

;)

Thank you!

You're welcome.  There's another new updated as I made a mistake using "replace" rather than "replaceAll" i the last update :)

Ssieth

v1.33.0 has a new feature....

Userlists are shown in the Members menu and clicking the list there takes you to a page similar to the user search page but showing a line for each of the users in that list.

Ssieth

Quote from: NightLux on September 06, 2017, 10:38:57 AM
I'd love to be able to use this list to track people's new posts around Elliquiy - and while that sounds incredibly creepy, it'd help a lot with mentoring, especially if I could use it to filter the "show unread posts since last visit". 

But it'd also be useful if you could use it to see when the last time someone posted within a thread was.  Say I'm running a group game, I could use that user list to see when the last time RandomUserName posted so I know whether I owe a post or two.

The latest version might offer you some of what you want as it at least gives some indication of when the folks in your userlist last posted (as well as a link to the most recent post).   I will look to add more features as we go on :)

Nymphadora

That is an AWESOME feature, Ssieth!

SO much better than the regular buddy list! I love it! Thank you so much for the update!

Is it possible to make it sortable by various columns in the future?
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review