Modern-to-Medieval - WarriorXPrincess(es): Male Seeking Female

Started by Spynmaster, October 02, 2013, 09:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spynmaster

Hey there! After searching around, I was inspired by another writer's story, I decided to put up this thread request to seek out a partner to write with. I put this together kinda fast, so bear with me if something's incomplete.

The Setting

The world of Fanza is divided into continents, each ruled by its own royal family. One continent in particular, Ultria, is ruled by a warlord-turned-king and his sorceress queen. Together, they ruled Ultria unchallenged & feared. However, they grew bored and began sponsoring a gladiatorial games where they were tested with any and everything the king and queen threw at them, and the survivors were considered celebrities, rewarded with riches & fame. Eventually, the queen had the idea of throwing in competitors from other worlds by sending out recruiters to spread the news.

My Character

Vance Brice is a working-class young man right out of college, having a big imagination, a strong will, and a undeniable passion. Unfortunately, the grim reality of his life always threatens to pop his balloon. Every changes when he meets one of the recruiters from Ultria, showing him the possibilities of being a gladiator. With his hobbies involving freestyle mixed martial arts, sword-fighting, and track-and-field, Vance was more than motivated. However, he had no idea of the toil and strife that was ahead of him when he stepped into the arena. As Vance saw the princess of Ultria, and as he heard about how much of tyrannical pieces of trash they were, he grew ambitions...ambitions that would change Ultria, and all of Fanza, forever.

Your Character

You're playing the crown princess of Ultria, Amelia Corona. You were born and raised on your native soiled, trained intensively & strictly by your father in the ways of sword combat and by your mother in the ways of the skilled fusion of arcane & divine magic, fusing both together and being a fierce & powerful combatant. At first, you were proud of your family's legacy to be strong, but at 10 yrs, you began to question if being tyrants was really helping the people be strong, especially after seeing the cruel & indiscriminate treatment over and over and over again. It was especially dreadful when your folks made you sit through their spectator sport, the gladiator games, seeing fighters slain one after the other for the king & queen's amusement. All the competitors seemed the same: over-confident, self-absorbed, and full of testosterone. One drew her attention the most: a man named Vance Brice who was from a world called Earth. He had a fiery light in his eyes that set him apart. The light of hope.

The Plot

As Vance fights on in the gladiator games, his interest for Amelia grew like a seed. He knew he would never get noticed by her, however, if he didn't impress on the field, so he began making weapons and developing strategies to beat the competition. One day, when he is the only one standing, he is given a single wish for his valor and bravery, and he asks for the hand of Amelia in marriage, which is where the thread begins. The king and queen are surprised by this, but after he boldly reminded them that he is the best warrior on the field('cause he is the only one standing), the king smirks and throws a challenge to him: a series of special opponents with varying skills & talents, to see if he is truly worthy, and at the end, a mystery opponent(which is Amelia herself, who is more than willing to put this young warrior in her place after wanting to marry her). The end of the special challenge proves to be more than what the king and queen bargained for and sets the tone for big changes, not only for Ultria, but for all of Fanza.

If interested, either post here or send me a PM.