Micheal Future, Psychic PI [M lf F]

Started by TheVillain, December 22, 2013, 12:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

When I was a kid at the orphanage, I used to get bad dreams. Nasty ones too, monsters under the bed going to eat me - stuff like that. One night the dreams were so intense that when I woke up I had Cold sweats and was screaming as I jumped out the window and ran off. I never went back but I'm told that the next night two other kids of the orphanage disappeared. My name is Michael future, and I'm a Psychic PI.

It ain't easy for a kid on the streets, I couldn't even manage to steal an apple at first. As a result I went three days without eating. When the veil opened up for me exactly I couldn't tell you, but the fasting opened up my mind. Later I found out that's called Awakening, I had gone on a spirit journey. Tested from things out of my nightmares apparently I passed because when I was allowed to rejoin normal reality I was the front steps of Madame Wu.

You may have seen her shop in Chinatown. Old lady, lots of grandkids, dresses like she just stepped off the boat, lots of herbs and essence bullshit. What you probably didn't know was that she really is an old witch. She claims to be descended from the magicians of ancient Chinese emperors. I never did figure out if that was just part of her act.

Yep, there is a shocker for you. Magic and supernatural stuff is real, but we keep it on the down low. And one way we do that is to pad it out with bullshit. Madame Wu chokes her store full of magic and psychic stuff, but most of it is just for show. In the back of the store though if you really do need to spell cast, she may be able to make a deal. That's the lady I learned my craft from. Tradition says that now I owe her three favors. She hasn't called any of them in yet, but I owe her big.

So now you see why I set up my office like I do. I play up the crystals and the gypsies and the oracles, but the vast majority of it is bullshit. What I'm not telling you is that I really do have some magic ability. I see into the future just a little bit, I can throw a spell or two, make a magic trinket or charm - then I load it down with New Age Crystal magic hippy kiddy doodle crap so nobody believes me. I'm a real magic man hiding in plain sight as a fake psychic, works like a charm. Pays the bills, though I usually wish I really was fake. Certainly would make my job safer.

Because I'm not the only real supernatural thing out there. . .

Submitted for your approval, a character for a setting in which the supernatural is real but hidden. Michael Future, Psychic PI- reasonable rates, dependable service, no case too weird. Just be sure that when you ask him questions, it's for stuff you really do want to know. Because there are some things out there that you really don't want to know.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheVillain

Probably should mention, thinking like old nior detective stuff with some smut mixed in. I'm hetero, so though would probably work best with a female writing partner.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheVillain

Alright, had someone say they would of been interested but their plate was already too full. Curses. :P

I gave it some thought and using a system wouldn't be something I was opposed to, and I'm thinking action-heavy story heavy with elements of smut. Like a crime noir novel where the fade-to-black scenes with the dame-in-the-red-dress isn't glossed over, except supernatural elements mixed in.