A forum game, unsure of placement?

Started by ceridwen309, July 26, 2015, 11:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceridwen309

I wish to submit and run a type of forum game, but unsure of it's placement.

Player's enter a creepy styled mansion, and choose one from over 50+ items to take with them into the madness.

The Gm, (me in this case)....describes the areas as the players enter them. Gm also control npc's/mobs.

The players then state their "Actions", one or so per round. The gm collects the actions and then describes a scene with the actions included. (This may include that the actions of the players succeeded or failed.)

This goes forward, as the players try to reach the end of the game and final boss.

It's like a cross between a tabletop game and roleplaying. So, i'm unsure where to put it. I'm probably overlooking it.

The Dark Raven

IF there's dice-rolling, it falls under system (or follows any prescribed system format on the market), otherwise it's free form.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

ceridwen309

Thank you for your reply. I suppose being it has no dice involved....but it follows a structure....it would be placed under "free form".

The Dark Raven

I would also note for those interested in the idea you are building to know it would be heavily GMed. :)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Remiel

This sounds like a really interesting idea.  I would put the advertisement thread under GMs/Groups Seeking Players.

If you're approved, please let me know once the thread is up.   I'd certainly be interested.  :-)