Dragon Riders of Pern : Interest Check

Started by SweetSerenade, December 05, 2014, 05:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

I apologize, creation of the details for the Wiki is on a slight hold. I have been very ill today. But I will be doing what I can to catch up on everything I can. >.< Ifyou have any questions please feel free to ask.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Caela

One should never feel the need to apologize for being sick.

Hope it's just a passing thing and quickly gone.

Angie

Quote from: SweetSerenade on December 08, 2014, 09:49:27 PM
I apologize, creation of the details for the Wiki is on a slight hold. I have been very ill today. But I will be doing what I can to catch up on everything I can. >.< Ifyou have any questions please feel free to ask.

It's all good, my mom's got shingles right now and I need to do a lot of stuff around the house. Take the time you need.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chrystal

I always say, if there is a delay in setting up a group game, it's actually a good thing! If players want a quick start, and don't want to wait around for things to be set up properly, they are almost guaranteed to drop out of the game. A player who is patient and willing to wait for the game to get going is far more likely to be in it for the long haul once it does!

So, yes, if this takes until after the holidays to get set up, to me that is actually a good thing!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Angie

I am very, very itchy to make my characters, but I'm fine, I'm cool.

Speaking of, any preference on what style of images we should use for our characters? Fantasy art seems appropriate...

SweetSerenade

I actually prefer playbys, since it is very hard to find free images of Pernese dragons. Because we are ONLY using Pernese dragons in this game. I would prefer play bys, mostly because most of Pern looks pretty human. Minus the creatures that are not human.

As a side note, traits that are considered rarer on Pern.

Blond Hair/Blue Eyes
Blond Hair/Green Eyes
Blond Hair/Any eyes.

Blonds are rare, but they are not uncommon.

Red Heads with Green or Blue eyes
Red Heads with brown eyes are a little more common.

Red Heads in general are not very common.

Dark hair, and eyes is the most common trait. Most people are nicely tanned, but some are of a darker variety. There are some of what we would call 'african americans' on Pern, but they are not very common in the North - more so in the South.

On another note, Heterochromia is not unknown, but still uncommon.

Chrystal

That said, the lilcamps are redheads! So Clariol Lilcamp is going to be a redhead!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Angie

Elzith

Hey, is there any room still? If there is, I'd love to put myself forward as interested :) Just wanting to check before I pitch a character and whatnot.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Elzith on December 09, 2014, 02:24:18 PM
Hey, is there any room still? If there is, I'd love to put myself forward as interested :) Just wanting to check before I pitch a character and whatnot.

We definitely still have room. I am still working on allt he info and stuff. Game will probably start witht he new year... XD Since the Holidays are coming and people will be busy. I have to get all the infor writen, up and people still have to fill out profiles when it is available... XD

Elzith

Quote from: SweetSerenade on December 09, 2014, 02:26:29 PM
We definitely still have room. I am still working on allt he info and stuff. Game will probably start witht he new year... XD Since the Holidays are coming and people will be busy. I have to get all the infor writen, up and people still have to fill out profiles when it is available... XD

Okay, great! Count me in then please :)

Chrystal

I think it worth pointing out that the cover art of Anne McCaffrey's books is commissioned and approved by the publisher and not necessarily by the author. (This is true of all books, I believe).

The dragons depicted on the covers of the books vary in appearance considerably, and none of them actually match the descriptions given in the text.

Art work for dragons is varied and open to wide interpretation, which is, I think, why Sweet has requested people to use "face claims" or "play bys" for the human characters and not use fantasy artwork.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

So (unless I'm totally misinterpreting the GM's request here), please would people use photographs of celebrities for their character images?

Verasaille

so I have no idea what a 'play by' is.

I know the artwork is generally differing from artist to artist. Human faces are fine. Celebrities and models are great.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Chrystal

"Play by" as in: Leroy Jethro Gibbs is played by Mark Hammond, Penelope Garcia is played by Kirsten Vangsness, etc...

Caela

Just an aside....Penelope Garcia is one of my favorite characters on TV!

Getting that out of my system (lol) I just wanted to put out there that my faceclaim/play by for the rider I'm working on is Jamie Alexander. :)

Chrystal

Quote from: Caela on December 10, 2014, 05:41:42 AM
Just an aside....Penelope Garcia is one of my favorite characters on TV!

Getting that out of my system (lol) I just wanted to put out there that my faceclaim/play by for the rider I'm working on is Jamie Alexander. :)

Kirsten Vangsness is gay. I have a lot of respect for people in the public eye who come right out and actually get married to someone of the same sex. (I'm actually using her as my face-claim in a small group that could certainly use more players.)

Ms Gavane

Thank you for the clarification Chrystal. I had no clue what a 'play by' was either, though it makes prefect sense now.

O/O

Chrystal

I should probably point out that I'm going on what I consider to be a logical interpretation...

... I could be completely wrong!

SweetSerenade

No that was a prop proper interpretation. Lol. I have a general idea for the dragons. I wish we had someone good with edits because there are a lot of free bases on deviant art.

Ms Gavane

Free bars? Upon further reflection, I found that reading the post proselytizing cleared up my confusion. Sorry.

I will look up those bases. I can do some editing, no promises.
O/O

SweetSerenade

I do not have the skills to manipulate editing programs... So I am NOT the best source for making dragons. I used to have awesome people I knew who would do it. But I haven't been on Pern in... several years.

Chrystal

Just as a sample, I DLed one of the bars and had a go...

The blank I used is the top one of this set:

I've put instructions on how to do this on the Wiki along with those samples.

Oh and if anyone has trouble remembering which are male and which are female, think B=Boy and G=Girl! *chuckles* I'm convinced that Anne did that deliberately!

Ms Gavane

Thanks! I had just asked Sweet for that info.

They look good. Pern makes me itch to get my pencils out again.
O/O

SweetSerenade

Ms Gavane, if you deemed yourself talented enough for such a task - I would gladly take you on as the game's artist :D