Pathfinder Adventures in the Emerald Spire [Players Wanted]

Started by PhantomPistoleer, June 15, 2018, 03:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

I'd certainly like my lass to be known for something! :P I like forging character connections, even if only tangental, before the game gets going. That way I'm not going in 100% blind :P

So....does anybody wanna know her? ;) :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 16, 2018, 01:06:03 AM
I hate to be a pain, but can I...not? I hate Mythweavers. For me, it feels clunky, it takes ages to plug all the information in and after "The Great Crash of 2016," I swore never to use it again after I lost six characters. :P Is it possible for me to post my Bio in the (eventual) OOC, and just link back there in my Header instead? :-3

I can understand your position.  Well, except preferring board code over Myth-weavers' system. 

The reason I prefer Mythweavers is because I can (a) quickly review the sheet since (b) it shows what it's adding to get results and (c) I know where to look to find what I need to find.  For example, while I was reading your character sheet, it took me forever to realize how you got your 22 AC.

So, my compromise would be, if you can make a BCC sheet that looks more like a Pathfinder sheet, I will accept that.

The main town is to the south-ish. At the moment, we are starting outside the forest, opposite the tower. Right?

This is correct.

You would be just outside the forest.  The forest is about 500 feet from the base of the emerald spire, which is just a mound of dirt and rubble, that slopes up to the emerald spire.

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on June 16, 2018, 04:19:16 AM
Cassidy Cane
Lvl 1 Human Gunslinger/Ranger – 15 / 15 HPAC 18 – Character Sheet
Bounty Hunter, Serial Drunkard, Has some kind of beef with the Hellknights

This is exactly how I want characters to be presented.  Thank you.

Quote from: Waldham on June 16, 2018, 03:43:16 AM
I suppose that there are not the campaign traits for this adventure.

You can use campaign traits as a normal trait, but you have to qualify for them.

Do you permit 3 traits with a drawback ?

No.

Can the character have links or relations with NPCs from this place ?

They can have links and relations with NPCs, but they cannot manifest themselves in any manner that provides a benefit to the character without some kind of trait or feat.  For example, GunmetalDreamer's Cassidy Cane has the trait "Dealmaker."  She is now entitled to form some sort of NPC relationship that enables her to have that trait.

what is a scaled-down drow ?

It's not an actual race.  What I mean is, a drow is a powerful race.  If you look at the breakdown, a drow has 14 race points, where common races, like the elf, human, and half-human, all generally have less than 10 race points.

Here is the drow:

Drow

Type Humanoid (elf) 0 RP
Size Medium 0 RP
Base Speed Normal 0 RP
Ability Score Modifiers Standard (+2 Dex, –2 Con, +2 Cha) 0 RP
Languages Standard 0 RP
Elven immunities 2 RP
Spell resistance, lesser 2 RP
Skill bonus (Perception) 2 RP
Spell-like ability, lesser 4 RP
Poison use 1 RP
Weapon familiarity 2 RP
Darkvision 120 ft. 3 RP
Light blindness –2 RP
TOTAL RP
14 RP

All you have to do is get the Drow to 10 RP by removing abilities.  You cannot achieve a 10 RP by adding more weaknesses.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 16, 2018, 04:20:54 AM
I'd certainly like my lass to be known for something! :P I like forging character connections, even if only tangental, before the game gets going. That way I'm not going in 100% blind :P

So....does anybody wanna know her? ;) :P

Your character is supposed to be known for something.

Note:  Characters aren't required to have vast backstories.  In fact, I highly discourage them because I am definitely not going to read them.  But characters should be known for something.  Mouser here is known for getting into difficult spots because he overestimates his abilities.  Characters should make note of that when engaging him.

For example, "as Mouser entered the forest, he noticed Candace sitting on a tree.  Candace is known for being an excellent hunter.

"Good morning, Candace," Mouser said politely.  "Good game today?"

"Good morning to you," Candace said.  "Game's good.  Caught three rabbits.  And you?  You're not going off to go do something stupid, are you?"

Additionally:

QuoteCharacters also generally know each other or of each other.

So -everybody- knows of Temudaria, but how intimately they know her is up to the players.

The GM PC, Mouser, has to know everyone so that new characters can quickly be integrated into the game.  He's also the group chronicler, which serves a more streamlined GM function.  To that end, I encourage players to create fun ways to know Mouser.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 16, 2018, 08:12:37 AM
I can understand your position.  Well, except preferring board code over Myth-weavers' system. 

The reason I prefer Mythweavers is because I can (a) quickly review the sheet since (b) it shows what it's adding to get results and (c) I know where to look to find what I need to find.  For eample, while I was reading your character sheet, it took me forever to realize how you got your 22 AC.

So, my compromise would be, if you can make a BCC sheet that looks more like a Pathfinder sheet, I will accept that.

God, I don't even know how I'd start to Code that.

Goddamnit, I guess I'm making a Mythweavers Sheet, then. >.<

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 16, 2018, 08:25:20 AM
Your character is supposed to be known for something.

So -everybody- knows of Temudaria, but how intimately they know her is up to the players.

The GM PC, Mouser, has to know everyone so that new characters can quickly be integrated into the game.  He's also the group chronicler, which serves a more streamlined GM function.  To that end, I encourage players to create fun ways to know Mouser.

I know, I was inviting people to start that chat :P

So what would Mouser have been doing recently? What are his passtimes? That would give me a decent idea of how Temudaria might know him :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 16, 2018, 08:34:09 AM
So what would Mouser have been doing recently? What are his passtimes? That would give me a decent idea of how Temudaria might know him :P

Unlike a lot of adventurers, Mouser is very willing to share everything he knows about the Emerald Spire.  He's bookish, helpful, and friendly.  He seems to get along with everyone, even the Hellknights (on account of being a very good singer).

(I just changed him up to a bard to be more of an auxiliary character for the party.)

He spends most mornings researching the Emerald Spire, his afternoons on long walks into the forest, and his evenings at one of the tap rooms of the settlement, earning coin with his bardic performances.

He also has a tendency to become smitten with blondes.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm, well, I don't see her spending too much time in the town. She's a nature-y character, after all, so her trips to town would be few and far between. Maybe once a week to get supplies for whatever adventure she was undertaking next. He could always have met her when he was wandering through the forest? She could have been hunting some game, or even taking a bath in a waterfall pond when he happened across her :P

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 16, 2018, 08:59:02 AM
Hmmm, well, I don't see her spending too much time in the town. She's a nature-y character, after all, so her trips to town would be few and far between. Maybe once a week to get supplies for whatever adventure she was undertaking next. He could always have met her when he was wandering through the forest? She could have been hunting some game, or even taking a bath in a waterfall pond when he happened across her :P

Sure.  Or he could have interviewed her for his research.

But I definitely like the idea of Mouser catching her bathing in a pond.

What's important is that the characters know each other on a first-name basis.  Their background history can really be anything.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vergil Tanner

Well yeah, but naturally how they met and how their relationship developed is naturally going to influence what their interactions are like in the present, right? Otherwise you just have people inventing details on the fly that the other person might not be comfortable with :P

In any case, I'm sure the interview could have come later :P If he'd caught her bathing, she certainly wouldn't shy away like a shy little virgin. It would have been hands on hips, eyebrow raised and a comment along the lines of "Seen enough yet? Or d'y' want me t' do a l'il spin for y' too?" :P She definitely isn't shy about her body :P

Vergil Tanner

Also Additional: I've nearly finished my Mythweavers, but I really do hate looking at it for my information. If I keep my current Sheet and include the link in that bio near the top, then link to the full sheet in my Headers, is that ok? That way you get the Mythweavers, and I get to keep my sheet in a place I can find it easily for me to look up details in a way that's quick and easy for me. :-)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 16, 2018, 09:29:19 AM
Also Additional: I've nearly finished my Mythweavers, but I really do hate looking at it for my information. If I keep my current Sheet and include the link in that bio near the top, then link to the full sheet in my Headers, is that ok? That way you get the Mythweavers, and I get to keep my sheet in a place I can find it easily for me to look up details in a way that's quick and easy for me. :-)

Yeah.  That's fine.

You could link your Myth-weaver to your header, and then add a footer where you keep your sheet in spoilers, too.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vergil Tanner

I'll just pop up my Sheet on the first page of the OOC when it goes up, then link both the Mythweavers and the Forum Sheet in the Header for us both to access easily. :D

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 16, 2018, 09:28:01 AM
Well yeah, but naturally how they met and how their relationship developed is naturally going to influence what their interactions are like in the present, right? Otherwise you just have people inventing details on the fly that the other person might not be comfortable with :P

Heeeey.  I personally prefer things to be developed on the fly.  Or rather, I prefer for things to be developed organically.

As in all things, relationships between characters have to be developed with mutual consent.  I consider relationships not formed with mutual consent to be tantamount to godmoding.

Relationships with Mouser don't require my consent, though.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vergil Tanner

Well, precisely! If they've met before, then something has happened prior to the game, no? Now, I don't usually write out essays of previous relationships, but I like to have a general baseline of "This is the kind of thing that has happened, this is how many times they've met, this is the general tone of their relationship" just so I can ensure that we're both on the same page when it comes to interaction. Y'know?

Waldham

Thanks PhantomPistoleer for your answers.

Do you authorize background skills ?

Petrus02

Paan Faranal
13/13 HP AC 21
Honorable to a fault.Haughty defender of the Weak.
Paan Faranal
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1617227

Done.

Envious

I'm tentatively interested in this, but have never played Pathfinder or any other system game. How hard is the learning curve?

Envious

And how patient are you willing to be as I muddle through it?  :P

Florence

Thankfully, all the stuff you need for Pathfinder is out there for free. Although, this does use gestalt rules which you can find here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm

For everything else, the go to source is: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

I'm not the GM so I can't really offer any guidance with the rules and all, but I'd be happy to help if you need any questions about the system answered.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Waldham on June 16, 2018, 04:25:05 PM
Thanks PhantomPistoleer for your answers.

Do you authorize background skills ?

I probably should have, but no.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Envious on June 16, 2018, 06:44:34 PM
And how patient are you willing to be as I muddle through it?  :P

I'm pretty patient with new players.  :)

Since you're new to the system, you could build your character as being relatively new to adventuring, too.  I think that'd be fun.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Petrus02 on June 16, 2018, 05:06:04 PM
Paan Faranal
13/13 HP AC 21
Honorable to a fault.Haughty defender of the Weak.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1616478

I'm not finished yet, but will finish him tomorrow. just thought i throw my hat into the ring^^

Missing is: Equipment, Stats for Animal Companion, Feat.

It looks good so far.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Grizzly

We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

One more question, regarding this line;
QuoteRace: Human, half-elf, elf (but the GM may be bribed by attractive females)

Is there any particular aversion to smaller races (Dwarves / Gnomes / halflings) or will any sexy female of those varieties be an option? I'm honestly tapped out on Elves and Freefeats as far as E goes and I have so many lovely short stacks. Or perhaps one of the four elementalkin races? Just trying to find the lines, I see you're sticking with RP 10 or below races, and I'm going to make a guess that the animal-type races aren't and option (and sadly, Pathfidner and "sexy goblin" just don't mesh... though I have plenty sexy goblins if that's an allowable exception...  :D )