The Trading Post ... ( Open to All )

Started by Sasha, June 18, 2011, 07:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

[Floatleft][/float]
Eve finishing her time with Kitsune in his room ..leaving him with much to contemplate.

Eve could tell the man spoke the truth though it always frustrated her when one was so hell bent on their own destruction as if the simple act of giving his life in the name of something made him whole . Yet she would never voice those thoughts to one who held so deeply to his moral fiber . Maybe just this break from it all might bring a shared sense of peace . So it seemed he would not be asking for any return to a small village to live out the remainder of his life in the same ways as his father had once did . Sipping the tea ...

She smiled up at him ..." I was born to serve you know ...and in that task I have found enjoyment and cherish such moments as these when one so set in their ways and with great strength of mind are brought to know a small sample of peace. May all the steps of your life be your own."  as the tea was finished in her cup the woman moved to stand up from the bed . " I am only an extension of the true host here but your words bring great joy to my heart . Please choose your gift wisely that you take from this place Kitsune . " as she placed a box down on the bed and leaned forward and placed a soft kiss to his forehead. Enclosed was a vile that could be drank if he so desired and the note inside would explain it all . He would only have to speak out his desire and drink then the man would be returned to the world from which he came with the new insight and power asked for .

The woman would pull away slowly and offer that low bow once again as the choice before the man was to be made solely by him . And with a soft curtsy she turned towards the door to leave him to his thoughts as she wondered if he would accept the gift or return to the world as he came to face life on his own merits .

< Please roll the dice if your character chooses to accept  ...using the Dice Bot .... 1D10 or 1 dice , 10 sides, your character must match or beat my roll . >

Roll Result: Sasha rolled: 1d10
Comment: roll against Kitsune
Result: 8,
Total: 8

Sasha

Asmar glanced up and over to the door as the military man entered the building as he squared his shoulders a bit and moved out from behind the bar to greet the man . "Morning ...Sir , may I assure you that you have entered a safe haven from the likes of where you have stepped out of . Breakfast is served ..." his steps were slow and the man carried himself in a non-threatening manner . Noting the new guest was dust covered a little and might like to wash up some before eating . " Oh where are my manners these days ....of course you might wish to freshen up a bit before joining the others . "

Bowing to him ..." I am Asmar ...at your service Sir , please forgive my oversight . "  as he held his lowered position and then stood back up ...."If you would so kindly follow me ."  with a wave of his hand that stirred the air offering a calming effect to the war torn veteran . The man's weapons would not work in this place as bloodshed simply was not allowed here . Asmar would wait only long enough to make sure the man was following as he made his way to a door and opened it for the man . " Take all the time you need to freshen up and change out of your uniform. I shall have a warm cup of joe waiting on you . All can be explained then as to where you are . " putting one hand behind him now as he offered the confused man a soft pat on the arm .

As Archie would soon find himself in a bathroom facility fit for a king to freshen up in ..with a changing area and opened closet that had several options of civilian clothing to change into. Strangely enough everything was perfect in size almost tailored to fit. 

kobrakid92

Hearing the sound of the door opening Tyler turned around to see a soldier that looked like he'd been walking through a swamp or something. As if things weren't odd enough as they were. He turned back around to the bar and chuckled as Asmar showed the new guest to his room. There was a man from the twenties, a fox looking person, some lady he had yet to talk to, a soldier, and then there was himself. He shook off the feeling of being out of place as everyone looked different and surely had to feel the same way. "More coffee please." said Tyler. He looked over at the woman who he hadn't spoke to. "So where are you from?" he asked curiously.

Jeffrey

Archie's unshaven face surfaced from the steaming bath water he'd been submerged in.  He hadn't had a a shower in a month, and a bath, he couldn't remember how long it had been since he'd soaked his aching muscles and dead tired bones. He rested the nape of his wet neck against the rim of the tub as ringlets of water trickled over his forehead, plotting a course past his brows and down to his stubbled cheek as his partially immersed jaw clenched lightly while his tattered mind tried to make some sense of where he was and why it all seemed so real?

Surely he was dreaming, it was the only explanation? But why did it feel so real? He could see the steam rising from the water surrounding him and see the small tsunami of ripples that the rise and fall of his chest made, fanning out and lapping at where his big feet pressed against the enamel coating of the ornate claw footed bath that the Captain was currently occupying.

His mind churned on, and what about the man who greeted him, Anwar, no, Asbar or something like that, who looked more like a sultan who read fortunes from a circus he and Faith had gone to one July fourth, than a servant or Maitre'd.  And why did this place make him so calm? A dream never felt this real before? Not that he remembered. Then a horrible thought crossed his mind, his jaw clenched tight and his breath stopped for a moment, maybe he was dying or dead even, maybe this is what happened when you were crossing over, your mind took you to a happy place, a place of solitude, where you weren't afraid or regretful, just passing away? Time ticked slowly, one one thousand, two one thousand , three one thousand, as he mulled over the possibility of his demise.  Then blessedly his stomach growled with the voraciousness of a hungry lion and jarred Archie from his cryptic musings. Did dead men get hungry? And hadn't the wafting of frying bacon made his mouth water when he'd entered the building?

Archie hoisted himself up on the rounded edges of the tub with his pruned hands, as water shed down like a waterfall from his thin body, always slim, he'd lost at least ten pounds since he'd  hit the beach at Normandy on D-day. Meals were always cold and infrequent, they were lucky to get c-rations once a day, seemed the powers that be had underestimated how to keep their troops alive, let alone with the basic necessitates of survival. He grabbed a fluffy white towel from the rail, the bathroom was something he'd expect to find in the Ritz, nothing he could ever afford in his wildest imagination. His mind crept back to wonder as he toweled his body dry and then wrapped the thick cloth around his waist, pausing at the double basin vanity and peered into the mirror at his reflection and then said to himself, in his soft Georgian drawl, “..if this is what dead looks like, it's not pretty.”

He could see the crumpled mess of his uniform on the floor in the mirror as he brushed his teeth, tired blue eyes glanced over to the closet and could see fresh clothing as Aksper, no Adfar, whatever his name was, had said it would be. He rinsed his mouth with fresh clean water from the sink, something he'd never take for granted ever again in his life and glanced once more in the mirror. “Well, if this is a dream...I might as well enjoy it...” Archie's features remained sullen as he spoke to himself, as though he wasn't even good company to himself. He felt like he'd aged twenty years in just as many days and finally bereft of his own image looked away and padded with bare feet in the direction of the walk in closet. Apparently, bacon was waiting for him in the dining room in this dream he'd concocted, he'd have it crispy, the way Faith made it for him, it was his dream dammit, he could have it any way he wanted!
O's and O's / A's and A's / Current Stories / Story Ideas / Posting Updates
Currently my post response time is ridiculously slow and I'm just lucky I have partners who are so understanding

Sasha

Asmar returned to the bar area ....and poured Tyler some more coffee as he asked . Letting the conversation go on between the others there as he seemed to wipe down the bar area. Busying himself with little tasks that seriously did not need to be done .

Soon he moved over to the breakfast bar and made a plate for the newest guest ...mounding up the food to a nice king sized portion . One worked up a good apatite when hiding and fighting for your life he assumed not to mention the lack of rations that must happen. Either way a good home cooked meal was most likely not going to be frowned upon at any rate . Setting up a nice side little table ....he poured a cup of coffee as the man was about finished .

Then without hesitation ...Asmar moved to take down the remains of the Buffet as everyone had their fill it seemed . Eve would be rejoining them all soon and then they could begin to aide those that had arrived in their decision making process . Humming along as he worked every so often breaking out in a few lines of song in some ancient language that most likely made no sense to anyone there .  Efficient was a word for it ...seeming to stop work to get anyone another cup of coffee as needed.

Jeffrey

Archie cracked the door from his suite to the dining room and one weary, subterfuged blue eye careened around the room revealing a counter and scattered mismatched tables and chairs, to confirm again to himself, that he was in fact...dreaming.  He'd concocted the host, Kasmir, no, Antwap, or whatever his name was, no doubt from some dime store novel he'd read as a boy, an image that only the unused lobes of his brain retained for just such an occasion. The Captain's perusal continued as his single sapphire viewing orb took in Marty, a throw back from the 20's...peculiar, and then Elizabeth, a striking young woman in clothes that seemed more form fitting than what the ladies of the day were currently wearing but this was a delusion, if he wanted to conjure a  high caliber damsel for his dreaming pleasure, he could.  Lastly, he spied, Tyler, a young man sipping coffee that looked like he'd been electrocuted, jet black hair was standing on end, dungarees so shredded they looked like they'd been used as a cat scratching post, and a Marlon Brandon leather jacket to cap off his outfit, where he'd dreamed this guy up was anyone’s guess but Archie was pretty sure it was the stuff of legends... please God, he prayed to himself, let me remember this dream when I wake so can write it all down!

Finally the lure of the scent of fried bacon and the aroma of fresh brewed coffee captured Archie's good sense and he yawned the door open wide enough for his thin frame to pass.  A soft creaking sound from the hinges of the portal declared him as an intruder into the serene atmosphere of the main room of the Trading Post and his cautious gaze darted around the room ready to bolt at the first sign of danger.  Dressed  in clean khaki chinos, light blue button down long sleeved shirt and some brown penny loafers, he'd borrowed from the closet, the only remnant that he was a soldier were the dog tags hanging around his neck that made a jingling sound as  Archie stepped out into full view.  He contemplated bringing his Colt .45 pistol but thought that bringing a weapon to breakfast, even in a dream, was simply put.. rude. Wide eyed and full of suspicion he remained silent as his view found a petite oak table set with a heaping plate of  scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, and buttered toast, accompanied with a steaming cup of coffee. Archie's hunger gave way to the temptation as he threw caution to the wind and strode quickly to the table set for one, slid onto the unbalanced dining chair, then clamored for the fork with his shaking hand and began to eat ravenously.  A worried glance still passed over the odd collection of inhabitants he was company with between shoveled bites of eggs and quick snaps of bacon crunching down between his teeth. The food was heavenly and for the moment he hoped he didn't wake until he'd gorged fully on the bounty before him.
Currently my post response time is ridiculously slow and I'm just lucky I have partners who are so understanding

kobrakid92

Tyler after finishing his second cup of coffee quietly yawned. He stood up and stretched and popped his knuckles and neck then looked around at everyone. As he looked at everyone he tried to figure out what they could possibly want or need. Marty looked like he had everything a guy could possibly want, Elizabeth looked as if she was born with a silver spoon, then there was the soldier. Tyler had an idea of what he or any other soldier would want. To go home but that was his opinion anyways. He sat back down and let his mind wander as he himself tried to figure out what it was that he wanted or needed. Everyone had needs and wants but at this place where you were granted your hearts desire, why was it so hard to determine what he wanted? It bugged him, even irritated him a little bit but not to the point to where he was angry. A new life, to see his parents again, his parents to accept him, the possibilities were endless. Yet sadly he couldn't figure out what it was he truly wanted.

Sasha

Eve walked out of the back room and made her way into the commons area ...the woman was barely clad with clothing and her bracelets jingled a bit as she moved about . The woman was humming as the breakfast hour was mainly over at the trading post . Though she stopped and moved to sit down across from the man that was seemingly ravished the way he was eating . Speaking softly to him ..." I hope you don't mind if I join you . "

Pulling the chair back some that was across from him , the woman crossed her legs and glanced over at Tyler who seemed deep in thought . She wondered if he was thinking on the proposal that had been put before him . Maybe she should spend some time with him later ..get him to play one of the guitars in his room for her as that would indeed be a delight .

Returning her attentions to the man in front of her ...." I see you are enjoying the meal ...umm " closing her eyes as the man's name was furnished for her . " Oh yes , forgive me ..Archie right ?"  folding her hands on her lap .. " You can call me Eve . You have wondered in from a battlefield it seems ...no wonder your starved . " giving a small pause as knowing things not disclosed usually took a little time away from the listening process . As she ran her hand over one of the silk strands of fabric in her shirt . It seemed a little tattered and dull to her so she kind of fixed it . Content with the mending she looked back up to see if she had Archie's attention before continuing .

" The Trading post is kind of a place that has no timeline ...as you can see many that come here have been selected. Mostly they are at some fork in the road and something has went astray in the standard course of their lives which leads them to our doors. Rather like a lottery of sorts where a rare few are given the opportunity to regain something that has been lost to them , change something ...or gain that one thing that is most needed in their lives. Comfort of course is provided allowing one a chance to rest and ponder the decision at hand . So when you know what that one thing is that you desire more than anything it will be handed to you and then you are free to return back into the very timeline that you hailed from . Let me assure you that this is no dream ...and the decision is entirely yours to conclude . "  smiling as she reached over and took a piece of bacon , nibbling on it as she did indeed love the taste of it . As she waited to see if he might have any questions on the matter that had been addressed .

Haloriel

Lady Almeria Pembroke had stared out the window of her carriage for hours, it had seemed, her hazel eyes scanning the falling of the rain outside.  It was difficult to see more than mere feet beyond the edge of the road for the fog that rolled the countryside.  Fine needlework resting to hand, she embroidered a red rose upon a rich, ivory fabric, along side several others in a small cluster.  It was a heavy silken thread, and she had intended it for a handkerchief.  The letters ‘A.P’ rested in a lovely sewn script below the flowers in a similar scarlet. 

The rocking of the carriage was a steady one as they moved along in quiet; Almeria’s maid being an older woman with a faintly lined face, attired by mantua in black with her hair covered in a soft cap, slept across from her in the other seat.  She sighed, pleased to be away from London now that the season had concluded.  The air was cooler now that the year slowly wound down, families returning to their estates.  Her own kin were situated only a day’s ride from the city, and she often preferred with her stepmother to remain in the city for some small entertainment at the Public Rooms, rather than remain at Pembroke Court with her father and brothers.

The carriage rocked hard suddenly, waking her maid and tossing Almeria against the closed door.  She dropped the needle, and it rolled out of sight.  Almeria could hear yelling that alarmed her that did not sound as belonging to people she wished to meet.  Her maid screamed as the driver fell with a grunt, the hilt of a dagger sticking out of his chest like a bad omen.  Almeria's eyes widened.  She’d never seen a man die before, and he was surely dead, was he not?  She quickly tucked the unfinished handkerchief with her silken thread back into the reticule tied upon her skirts.

No time was there to know for sure, as sounds of further fighting sounded around them.  Quickly, she tugged at her maids arm.  “Come now, we must be away.  Out the window while they are distracted with the footmen.”  Her conscience held a twinge in her breast at the thought of leaving anyone behind, yet surely ... to remain would be a far worse fate.   

Almeria ripped into the rich fabric of her skirts, quickly pulling away petticoats that would keep her trapped within.  The sounds of fighting outside were dying down, she noticed, as her pulse raced faster still.  Her maid was less opulently attired, yet the woman stubbornly shook her head. 

“No, my lady.  You must go first.  If they come within, I would see you a distance away.”  Almeria’s lower lip trembled, and she shook her head, several curls having tumbled free from her coiffure.  The pretty ivory petticoats of soft linen lay strewn in bits upon the floor of the carriage.  She nodded quickly at her maid. “If nothing else, I should try to hail a gentleman at the first inn that I come to, and I shall find you, I swear it upon my honour.” 

With that, she scrambled out the window, a further ripping sound evident.  Almeria fell clumsily to the ground, crying out as her ankle bent under her weight.  The sound brought a man around to the other side of the carriage, it seemed, startling her as she stood trying to quickly limp away. 

The man’s face was scarred by the mark of a blade, the lips twisted with it upon the right side, having healed badly, no doubt years previous.  Almeria wondered why it was she even noticed such a thing.  His coat was a plain one in a deep blue, the left sleeve torn.  His breeches were of an indeterminate colour, the boots scuffed and worn.  A bloody sword rested in his right hand, extended toward her. 

“Do not -- “

Almeria turned and ran into the fog.  The rain had begun to pour down once more, and her skirts dragged in the mud in the road.  The bandit chased after her, still yelling catching up to her when the fog cleared.  Her hazel eyes flashed with fear as thunder rolled ominously, in the moment that he’d caught her.  Pain wrenched her arms as Almeria attempted to free herself; the man had lost his sword chasing her, she realised, yet held a dagger, plain of hilt, to her neck.  She pressed away his hand as hard as she could, managing to turn and gain leverage with the pressing of her nails into his flesh as a distraction.

As the rain continued to fall, the pair grappled with the dagger, the strange trading post seeming almost to materialise behind them, neither noticing.

“Release my person, you knave!  You blackguard ... you swine-herder!”  She yelled as he pressed her to her knees with his greater strength.  His stringy wig brushed her cheek, the stench making Almeria want to gag.  He snarled, then tripped on a rock, losing his balance.  The blade sank into his belly, twisting in Almeria’s grasp, wringing a gasp from her as she fell on the man.

“No, no.  Oh ... no.  This is not good.  I did not mean ... oh please, please.  Get up, you poor, poor fool.”  She trembled, manner suddenly contrite as his blood coated her bodice and left cheek.  She cried silently as he coughed, and coughed, tears slipping from her eyes slowly.  In moments, Almeria watched him cease movement, then she stared blankly at the odd looking building, shock and cold beginning to set in.

“... Damnation.  Where am I?  This was ... not ... not on the road.”  She frantically scrubbed her hands upon his pant leg, where the man lay unblinking. “You cannot be dead, sir, as I have never taken a life.  This cannot be.”  Almeria murmured softly.  She brushed back his hair with a trembling hand, the blood staining her matching half gloves.  The wig had fallen off, revealing dirty blonde hair tied back in a simple queue. 

“Please someone help me!  Is anyone there!  ... I have  ... I have ... disp-patched a man ... love of god, please ... help.  Please ... anyone!”

Jeffrey

Archie stared at the scantily clad woman as she spoke and all but mesmerized him for the fleeting moments of her speech.  She spoke of respite and regaining something that he’d lost...how would she know he’d lost the locket? His mind pondered as he paused in his shoveling of scrambled eggs and hash browns into his gob. The Captain was starting to think this was all real until the woman said ‘the decision is entirely yours to conclude’ and then a slow broad smile covered his lips and he chastised himself inwardly for being clever enough to let himself realize even in the dream, it was a dream! But he could play along, there was nothing to lose.

He put his fork down on his plate and balanced his elbows on the table and steepled his hands together in front of him and kept the smile on Eve.  “It is a pleasure to meet you, Eve and yes, I’m Archie.”  Apparently he’d given his dream girl the gift of mind reading as well. “I appreciate the hospitality...very much.”  His blue eyes never varied from Eve when he said, “So all I have to do is let you know what it is I have lost and need back and then I can have it and be on my way? Is that how it works?” This was better than abracadabra, the Arabian Knights had nothing on this dream!

Haloriel

“Please someone help me!  Is anyone there!  ... I have  ... I have ... disp-patched a man ... love of god, please ... help.  Please ... anyone!”

Almeria looked again through the fog and the rain, shivering.  Her gown was wet, soaked through in some places, and the coppery scent of the man's blood was strong around her.  Or perhaps that was shock settling in.  Slowly, she rose to her feet, taking a deep breath.  She could not just leave the body there.  It would be crude and unseemly, and yet ... yet.  What sort of woman did anything with a ... dead ... dead ... Almeria shut her eyes hard.  She could not even think the word.  Her heavy skirts, once pristine and lovely were ever so heavy and dragged over the wet ground, capturing all manner of dirt. 

A shiver went down her spine.  She could not believe what it was she was seeing.  The manner of building alone was difficult to decipher.  As she stepped closer to the building, however, she felt almost pulled closer, the fog behind her deepening.  She turned back, and the man's body had vanished, as if it had never been, yet her clothing testified that he had been.  Had he not?

Swallowing nervously, Almeria nibbled her lower lip as the rain began to let up as she crept closer to the building.  It was as if something desired her to enter.  Staring at the doors, slowly, deliberately, she stepped upon the landing ... and pushed the door open slowly, suddenly feeling at peace and weary all at once.  Black spots swam before her eyes as her knees began to buckle, causing her to cling to the door-jamb.  There were people within, and the manner of dress ... they were naked.  Their clothing held so few layers, and looked so very, very strange.  A blush heated her cheeks. 

She could not cover her eyes, for she still felt as though any moments she would wake, or fall faint.  "... Where ... where am I?"  Her voice was almost too soft in the room, holding the perfect clarity of an English noble lady.  Almeria trembled with exhaustion as she clung still to the door-jamb, her black curls having half spilled beyond her trim, corseted waist.

Sasha

Eve smiled up at Archie ...." Indeed Sir .....that is all that is needed ..." as she closed her eyes and drew in a deep breath . The sensations of love coming from this man for another woman drew her own soul to quiver inside ...it was so rare to find such a deep seated thing ...as she rolled her hand forward a small black velvet box seemed to be in the woman's hand . As she sat it down ...." There you go ..." she trembled as she stood up then swallowing ..." Forgive me , the passion you share for another is ...so ...so beautiful , you are indeed a fortunate man . "  Standing on those weak legs as she only needed to pull away from this man for a brief time . The thing he sought with all his heart and soul though was in that box and the visions that rolled through Eve's mind of their union was something she could not quite understand though the force was powerful . Love was intriguing anyways ....

As she gathered herself ....and moved back away, another had entered the building ....she seemed distraught and the look of pure disgust over the state of dress Eve was in ...brought back a smile to her face . Oh my ...a lady had indeed entered the building .

< Please roll the dice if your character chooses to accept  ...using the Dice Bot .... 1D10 or 1 dice , 10 sides, your character must match or beat my roll . >

Roll Result: Sasha rolled: 1d10
Comment: Roll Against Archie
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Asmar had moved to the front door ...his arm bent at the elbow .." It shall be okay my dear ...you have managed to find yourself in a parallel dimension so to speak . Those things that happened back from the time period in which you came are as they were ...and here , a new opportunity exists . This is a place of safe haven , refuge ....sanctuary for one as lovely . " Lifting her hand then to his mouth as he bowed and kissed the back of it . " I am Asmar ...your humble servant in this quest for knowledge ." 

Lifting back up as he noticed the blood that had smeared onto her garment ...." Oh my ....Let me take you to a Parlor Room ....and we can see about getting you cleaned up and maybe a change in clothing. Some warm tea to calm your nerves as it seems you have been through an ordeal . "  Stepping back some then as he would let her adjust a bit before moving forward. Ready to catch her if she fainted or anything ...surly this was alot to take in and a woman of her stature was sometimes very fragile to situations such as these . Even if she had just ran for her life and dispatched a man . Smirking to himself on that one , well deserving it seemed from his point of view anyways .

Haloriel

Almeria's gaze shifted as she was addressed; her eyes were wide.  The attire of the man that had addressed her was ... somewhat different, yet his speech caught her attention the most.  The smooth tones; clear, yet firm manner ... yes.  This was a gentleman, her frazzled mind said, even as she hesitated to take his arm.  "I ... have found a parallel ... d-dimension?"  Her trembling began all over again as her knees began to buckle from cold and shock.  Yet a steely nature of will held her up her feet.  Something in her seemed to soften as the man pressed a kiss to the back of her hand; her lips twitched upward into a smile.

"I do not understand what you mean by that ... travelling, yet ... tea and clothing ... I could not refuse."  The rain had washed away some of the blood at least, and she had removed her stained half gloves after walking in.  Dark brows knit as she stepped forward, finally placing her hand upon Asmar's arm, bowing her head.  "My thanks, good sir. Where ever I am ... you are most kind, and I am honoured by your princely manners," she murmured softly.  Her pulse still raced from her ordeal, it did seem, yet the last thing she wished to do was faint.  That would not do at all.

"I would follow you, if it pleases."

Jeffrey

The front door creaked open slowly, dragging Archie's attention from Eve.  A disheveled and bedraggled aristocratic looking woman slipped in, soaked to the skin and shivering. She looked like she had dropped in from the time of Mad King George. Her hair was askew and a cooper tinge and scent was upon her.  Archie was all too familiar with the scent and stains on the lady's gloves...simply put, it was blood.  She looked as disoriented, as he had when he first appeared at the Trading Post. He was not sure what misfortune had befallen the lady and the Captain was not impervious to her distress but was certain that the chaperones here would see to her every comfort, of that he was sure.

Archie returned his attention to Eve giving her a faint and curious smile as she spoke of a love he felt for another...how could she know about Faith, he wondered? This just did not feel like a dream, no it did not. The Captain's suspicious blue gaze followed the hostess as she pulled away trembling, making him yearn uncharacteristically to reach out and console her but  propriety kept his hands on the table and to himself.

Alone now, Archie's uncertain gaze considered the black velvet box and what its contents might be. He was oblivious to the clatter and chatter of the Trading Post now as he reached for the box with his fingers, the delicate ebony fabric supple beneath his touch.  He paused a moment, then flipped the lid of the box open, his tired blue eyes widening ever so gradually as his mind registered the contents.  It was a gold locket....and not just any locket, the locket that Faith had given him before he had been shipped out overseas to war, the locket he'd lost at Normandy beach.

The Captain gingerly took the gold piece of jewelry from the box and admired the battered and bent  family heirloom in the palm of his roughened hand. Then carefully Archie separated the oval halves with the nail ridge of his index fingers and beheld the small tattered photo of his wife, Faith. Breath caught in his throat at the sight of his girl, his fingertip brushing lightly over the black and white image of his sweetheart.  God how he missed her.

He could go back now, he just knew it, the knowledge drifted over and covered him like a warm blanket. Archie slipped the gold chain over his head, shoved the chair back he was sitting in, and stood.  Grateful blue eyes glided over to Eve and.... Asmar, finally got it right, as he took the half dozen steps to the door.  With his slim fingers on the handle he started to turn and speak to his hosts but hesitated realizing that a trade had been accepted between them and that was all there needed to be. The Captain, tugged the door open, stepping through, and closed it behind him.  Archie returned to the fog from whence he'd come,  everything was going to be all right, he just knew it now but in the mean time he still had a job to do.... and a long life ahead of him.

Roll Result: Jeffrey rolled: 1d10
Comment: Roll against Eve
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Sasha

Eve moved back over to the bar area as she seemed transfixed to watch Archie as he open up the jewelry case as if she was fixated on the man's reaction . After some time she smiled and closed her eyes . Letting the feeling completely wash over her . The trade was now accepted in full ....as the man was seemingly moving towards the door . Sometimes it was well worth servicing those that managed to find themselves here at the trading post . Sliding up on the barstool then with the others ...she looked over at Tyler .

" I noticed you seem to be a bit perplexed young man ....tell me what in the past has made you the happiest ?" as she rolled her eyes over him though not at this moment able to merge into the man as she was on a sensory overload from the gift received from Archie . The woman's body slowly calming as she moved to pour herself a cup of tea . Enjoying the herbal drink a little more with a mint leaf .

Sipping it she waited for his answer ...hoping to maybe move him to play some music as the woman had sensed a talent that had been set aside in him . Strangled and pushed out , maybe that was a key element here but how would this young lad really interpret his situation .

Sasha

Asmar nodded d his head as he tapped his hand upon the fine ladies ...his words spoke out as he moved and headed towards the back . Rather excusing himself from the rest of the group ...though he did manage a side look as the newcomer seemed to be leaving before the others . Sometimes it happened that way as the sense that all trades had been completed . No words were needed and that left a pleasant feeling to wash over him . Eve seemed to be calming a bit as well the impact of which was slowly filtering over into his own being . " I am no Prince ...I assure you ...though well mannered and an utmost gentleman I believe the qualifications of which should be in every man . " Lifting her hand to offer a sweet kiss .

They were now standing before a door ...as he moved to open it and stood back to let the woman go forward into the Victorian parlor which he did so hope would give her comfort. Letting her step in and look about as he moved to pour them some tea ...and of course some light finger like sandwiches to help ease things over. As he would pull out a chair ...for her to sit down .

The rich hues of the room had a busy effect as far as the man was concerned ...but the comfort of the chairs were luxurious . As he would indeed wait till she was very comfortable and settled in . " Now if you will excuse me a brief moment ...I shall lay out a few fine dresses for you to choose from . Pluse prepare your bath my lady . "  Bowing low before he took his leave . She seemed to need a few moments to soak everything in anyways .

Heading into the next room...the man made his way to the closet and found several lovely dresses . So hard to make a decision ...so he headed back into the other room with two he had narrowed it down to . His movements graceful and almost silent n nature . His arms lifted upwards as to not drag the lovely hems on the floor ...no indeed he would not allow such to happen.  " My lady ....I need your expert guidance ....I have this lovely copper style elegant lace and satin gown ...here , that is rather refined and simplistic in nature . " twirling it about ..." Oh and lovely matching gloves mind you .  find it quaint and charming , the color softens the eyes . "  Grinning as it was indeed beautiful to him . Nothing like a woman draped in perfection that allowed for that accent of her features. The thought of it made him tingle inside . Oh how he loved to dress a woman .

" OR this one ... a creamy pink ... exquisiteness with a flare .. the way the the skirt has the fan like folded sections at the side , flowing out like a sensual flower ...that no man dare touch . " closing his eyes as the top part of that corset would indeed be tight and maybe show more cleavage than the royal lady might like ...but then wasn't this a place she could be a little daring . " The designer or this has imagination well advanced for the time ...it speaks to my soul and says daring .... " as he looked back at her for a reaction ...hopefully not one of utter discontent .

There was a lacy Marie Antoinette style he had considered ...maybe it best to mention it . With a heavy sigh ...he reluctantly did so . " Unless you rather adorn yourself in the color of mourning ...due to the unfortunate accident . " as he shifted his hip to one side and rolled his eyes ..." There is a glorious black beaded lace garment that is fit for a queen to wear ....but my , I say to myself ...why should she , my lovely lady . The man simply deserved his fate . You should not shed one tear over his pitiful life . He has caused you enough distress already for one so lacking in honor and participating in thievery of the worst kind . Trust me when I say this ...that man had every ill intention . " considering what might be befalling her female consort back in the carriage area that was a given . As he shuddered wishing somehow he could reach into that realm and protect the poor women.

Not quite realizing that his emotions carried more weight than intended ...the images going through Asmar's mind of what was befalling the handmaiden was being shared with Almaria. Oh my ..in such graphic detail before it just simply vanished as the man pushed the thoughts of that realm and tucked them deeper in his unconscious . " Such an uncivilized world sometimes ...no way for a lady to be treated . You my dear deserve a true man to worship and love you . "  to think the one she was betrothed to had set the whole thing up rather pissed Asmar off . If somehow he could give this woman the aire that she was worthy to make her own choice . Indeed he must try for the right man could so be placed to save her from the dreadful circumstances .

Haloriel

Almeria gave a soft gasp upon entering the room, instantly relaxing.  Regardless of their strange attire, she'd felt curious of the people out in the bar, and the manner of the gentleman called Asmar had helped immensely in the alleviation of her distress.  She had blushed a charming pink upon the touch of his lips to her hand.  She did not dare to sit as yet, for to muss the room with her stained travelling gown would me most sad indeed.  So she spent the time while he'd gone inspecting the room, and studying the lovely painting upon the wall.

Upon Asmar's return with the gowns, again she had blushed, granting profuse thanks.  This place was so very odd, yet the kindness afforded seemed to cause her earlier distress to all but melt away, leaving a lady that was bubbly, and rather sweet of nature.  She nibbled her lower lip, swaying side to side.  "Well ... as to style, I do like that black one best of all, colour aside.  Yet ... perhaps you are right.  If this place is what you say, or at the least being as if I were dreaming, then some small daring would not be ill suited."  Her eyes danced with a gentle humour.  "So I shall ... say the pink," she replied, cheeks pinkening from the bold statement.  It was not like her to be so, yet to take a moment out of time to be something ... more than what one was ... truly measured to be a gift beyond price.

She had startled then of her thoughts regarding the gentleman, and what surely must be occuring to her maid in vivid detail.  Tears filled her eyes and she trembled.  "I ... left someone behind.  Someone that has served my family for longer than I have been alive, and I feel ... ashamed."  Her lips quivered as one, then a second tear fell.  "Yet, I cannot begin to thank you ... is there anything at all you require for such manner?  I feel as though I should return the favour, yet I know not how I would begin to do so."

She blinked as he spoke of love.  "Love?  Is that possible in a marriage?  I had always believed it mere story," she mused while tugging the unfinished handkerchief from her reticule to get to another completed one with which to wipe her face.  "A pretty thought if it were real indeed," she whispered.

Sasha

Asmar knew he was pressing the line as he was not allowed to tamper with things ...but the dastardly deed had been done . Now the lady had asked a question with a coy smirk a light sparkled in his eyes ...now it was not his fault was it . " Indeed it is my dear ....it takes a brave and formidable woman to declare herself the maker of her own destiny . Obviously you are such a woman as you have managed to fend off your own foe . " as the man moved to put the dresses down .

Soon he pulled the woman into his arms not caring about anything ...offering his shoulder for her to lay her beautiful head as he patted her back . The scent of her was wonderful ...." There ...There now ....let me explain more . " As he pulled from her and reached up wiping away the tears using his own clean hankerchief. " For you see I come from an age where marriages were indeed fixed , though as barbaric as it seems ...we also took more than one wife. Which I found really made me appreciate the varying aspects of the female persona. However out of all my wives there was one that touched me deeply ...she brought with her the song of life , filled a room with her beauty and charm ...in private she was a blossoming flower that never ceased to amaze me. I long for her even now . "  as he smiled and drew in a deep breath . " A soulmate is a precious gift ..selfish but yet not really for in the long run when one is extremely happy they find contentment and that grows and spreads onto the World about them . Thus they become responsible for their own destiny and enlighten that of those around them . Simple my dear. "

As he drew away seeing a young woman had entered the room ...a servant girl that had her hands behind her back as he lowered his head . Indeed the master had sent another to service the royal guest and Asmar would take his punishment but it was well worth it ...stepping back as he looked into her eyes . " You must only believe with every fiber of your being ....that the one who will truly love you is out there . For in this place that which you most desire is given unto you . " a soft kiss to her cheek . " I must go my dear ....it has been my pleasure ."

As the young girl would then step forward to help the guest out of her current dress . " I am Sarah ..." as she tucked a foot behind and did a small curtsy . Moving then to undo the buttons of the garment ....." I have but a wonderful bath prepared for you my Lady ...with the finest oils a mixture of jasmine and lavender. " 

Asmar left the room ...not looking back his head lowered for he was being called by the master .

Haloriel

It was a startling thing as Asmar tugged Almeria close after setting away the gowns.  She looked up into his face, her eyes meeting his own, somehow unafraid and unabashed.  At the offer of comfort she could not resist in resting her head below his shoulder, being the shorter of the two.  Her nose tucked near the buttons on his tunic, fingers brushing over the soft fabric thoughtfully while he dried her tears.  "I should not weep, it is silly of me.  You are ever so kind to grant me comfort," she murmured quietly.  if for nothing else, politeness was most important.

Her eyes went wide as he continued to speak of where he had come from.  "More than one lady?  But however ..." She blushed and halted speaking, for the question was not such that one should ever ask a gentleman in the least.  Almeria couldn't guess at all why she wanted to know more, but she did.  "I am sorrowed that you lost such a lovely flower.  I could not imagine that she would not think of you daily.  If ... I were so prised, I would remain ever loyal to the one that cared thus for me.  For honour, my lord, is everything." 

She had gone to toying with the buttons on his tunic, and even his fingers, as if the lack of contact, and the difficulties of the day were again swiftly thrust before her.  A tremulous sigh left Almeria, and she shook her head ... then smiled, bowing her head.  "I shall do precisely that.  Believe with all of myself that ... such a person does exist for me, and me alone."  She giggled as he kissed her cheek most gallantly, granting Asmar a fine curtsey as he departed.  "Be safe sir.  I do hope that you are cared for as well as I am."  As he departed, head bowed and the pretty maid began to help her, Almeria suddenly knew exactly what she wanted.  A little smile curled her lips as her attire was removed and seen to be cleaned.

She allowed Sarah to help her into the steaming bath, still attired in her chemise; it would be wrung out and cleaned later.  As it was hardly proper to bathe without some small shield, of course!  The soaps and oils had sank into her skin, making her near to sleeping as she lay in the bath, giggling while playing with the bubbles as Sarah washed her hair.  Almeria sang quietly, remaining in the bath until it was nearing cold, her hair well rinsed and wrung dry just as a soft towel that had been warmed by the fire had run over every surface as she stood behind a screen for modesty.

Almeria allowed the girl to helped her dress in the pink gown after assisting her with stays, corsets and petticoats; her silken stocking tied by garters, and finally, proper heeled slippers upon her feet in matching colour to the pretty pink gown.  To the last, her long curling hair was pilled to a proper style with curls framing her face most becomingly.  Giving a spin and watching the skirts with a happy laughter once more, she kissed Sarah's cheeks for her attentiveness, dancing a polonaise with her for a moment before curtseying.  "Thank you, miss.  You've been absolutely perfect", she said.

Pulling on the matching half gloves after taking sustenance from the tea tray Asmar had left her, she decided to see what she could see back in the front hall from whence she'd arrived.  "Perhaps they won't be so very scary now ... if it is some sort of place out of time, Almeria, accepting your fate is easier than screaming over it.  Now ... just square your shoulders like the men do and dive in!"

Almeria strolled delicately back to the main hall, the lovely pink dress swirling around her ankles sublimely.

Sasha

Eve glanced up as the lady emerged in the beautiful pink gown ....she had been cleaning tables and that leaving the other guests to mingle about . Some had made their way back to the world from which time zone they had stepped out of and others were in their rooms . Seemingly debating over the events of the day and the main question at hand. She could not help but admire the woman that had entered the place .

Performing a small curtsy...." My Lady ...the dress is beautiful . " as she lifted back up and glanced down the thing . Indeed the woman before her looked like a princess about to attend a royal ball . Making Eve feel a bit more conscious about her own state of dress . Though she had never really worn such an extravagant garment before . All those corsets made it so difficult to breath . " Seems Asmar has been up to his passion again ...the man loves to dress a woman if allowed. " as she looked behind and found it odd the man had not returned to the room . In fact she could not really feel him at the moment . Pity ..as she let out a little sigh . He was so much better suited to handle a woman of this time frame hopefully she would do an adequate job.

" I was just cleaning up some ...could I offer you some afternoon tea ?"  as she placed her hands behind her back ... " My name is Eve and I would be most pleased to answer any questions you might have of this place . "

oxloloxo

Hazel woke up sighing as she returned from her imaginary paradise where she had been with her one true love. Nothing could be worse for her than to wake up everyday with the ring of commitment on her finger. It screamed of her unhappiness, her status and her future. She would be nothing more than Lady Hethering. Her hair was waved after sleeping all night restlessly and so she summond her maid Eva to come help her.

Aside her bed she pulled the golden rope to jingle a bell down in the servant quarters and whilst waiting for Eva she began to get out of bed and do some morning necessities. Hazel waited for several minutes and then rang the bell again. "where is this girl?!" she muttered furiously. Eva was Hazel's nanny's daughter, and both had waited on her since she was born. She had grown fond of Molly; her nanny but her daughter was intolerable. Partly because she had a crush on Danny. That, and she was always late.

"sorry ma'am" Eva came rushing in with a bowl of water which she had clearly spilt down herself. Hazel just looked plainly at her, expecting a sign that Danny had reciprocated Eva's advances last night but to her relief there were none, if anything Eva looked disheartened but she would not approach the topic with Eva.
"Just hurry up Eva. I have places to be." She spoke curtly as the girl started to flurry around the room.
"What dress today ma'am?" Eva looked at her, wide eyed with curiosity. Hazel studied the look for several seconds causing discomfort.
"The gold Eva" Hazel's heart pounded in her chest, this was one of her best casual dresses and Eva knew it. She only ever wore it if she was to walk through to somewhere and by walking her husband was never going to know. Her mind began formulating a deep plan, all to see Danny once more.

In her daze she had not noticed Eva starting on the elaborate hairstyle she wore daily nor that the girl had made the bed and set out breakfast. She sighed knowing so many would love to be in her position, having a maid, a nanny, a wealthy and respected husband. But all she ever wanted was Danny, her true love.

Once the hair was secured in place Eva dressed her in all the different clothes, and found the matching shoes before aiding with the make up.

Hazel was ready, she dismissed Eva and left the mansion to walk through town to the other side. All for him.
Every step she had people look and nod their heads... if only they knew she thought to herself, they wouldn't nod but shake their heads disapprovingly. If she was caught, she would be humiliated, stripped of her status and looked down on by everyone. This couldn't happen.

She took the side alley, a way not many knew about nevermind would be walking down. Her footsteps resounded softly as a mysterious fog appeared up ahead. Her pace increased as she didn't want to be in a fogged filled alley. As she came out the other side only a street away from Danny's house she realised she was not where she should be. Instead she was stood in front of a weird building.

After much deliberation she walked towards it, hoping inside they could direct her to where she needed to be.
If you need me and I'm not online pm me, it gets sent straight to my phone and I'll be on asap

Aria Darkenwing

Autumn Sullivan's life was perfect. She's the only daughter of a shipping tycoon and a world famous actress. Her brother would be the one to inherit much of the company along with the headaches that goes with managing an international corporation. While pretty little miss Autumn's concerns revolve only around her Prep School, charity balls, and such other socials. Everything was perfect till the day she came up on stage to receive her prom queen crown and fainted.

Initial tests on her blood count proved to be alarming. There was abundance of abnormal looking lymphocytes. Further diagnostic workups required a biopsy of her bone marrow. Results only confirmed her family's worst fears. Their princess has acute lymphocytic leukemia. Rapid proliferation of the immature malignant cells caused immediate decline of her health resulting to pallor, easy bruisability,  malaise, and weight loss.  Autumn's hope for survival lies in the hands of renowned doctors. She has been subjected to chemotherapy protocols and in a matter of one month her vibrance has been sucked out of her just as quickly as the golden locks of her hair fell.

Her spirit is trapped inside a decaying shell. 

At night she would wallow in her misery, crying herself to sleep, haunting her parents with her woes. There were boys who courted in her doorsteps everyday, but lately there was no one anymore. Her mother bought her wigs from Paris and Tokyo. But she never wore them. Instead she wraps a gray turban around her head and would  smile in front of the mirror sometimes.  Her maids were replaced by nurses and they take her out to the park on days when she does not pity herself. She never thought she'd be wheelchair-born at 17. 

She had finished 6 cycles of chemotherapy and is now back in the radiology department of St. Mary's Hospital for her follow-up MRI. The technician assisted Autumn down unto the gantry and placed pre-warmed covers over her body. The examination started and the gantry moved. She now lay inside the tight space of the MRI machine. Through a speaker the technician gave instructions and assurance to Autumn. The exam would last 1 hour and she closed her eyes and let the music in the background lull her to sleep.
I come from the valley of the gods where meanings are lilting and oblique. ~Ayn Rand

Haloriel

Almeria strolled cautiously to the counter the lady stood before, deciding to take a seat.  She studied her for long moments with a wary gaze, and then after several awkward heartbeats of silence, she smiled. 

"Your attire, I must admit is strange to me ... yet as I am ... not within my own place, granting a judgement upon you would be harsh.  It is already plain to me that world and places beyond my own exist.  Thus should I not attempt a most kind eye in my looking upon others?"

"You have been kind to invite me to take tea here, and yes ... Master Asmar did indeed find attire for me.  It was preferable to the wet that I had arrived in, as would be doubtless."  Almeria folded gloved hands that half covered her skin, being a soft rosy lace that complimented her gown.  "It is no trouble if the man is at working - I would not think to grant disturbance in such a moment as that."

She paused, again giving a sunny smile, hands unfolding to toy with the pink skirts arranged around her on the stool.  It had taken some effort to seat herself, but once having done so, she seemed more than pleased with herself, eyes dancing with a gentle humour.  "A pleasure then to make your acquaintance, Miss Eve.  I would indeed enjoy a repast in your fine company."  Almeria found herself meaning the words entirely, which rose a pretty blush to her cheeks.

"I had thought ... upon a question if I may ask it. How was it that yourself and Master Asmar arrived to this place?  I could not imagine remaining here ... forever with no one but the pair of you and travellers that come and go.  Do they ever remain?  The gentleman said something to me in confidence that I found saddening.  What of your life before this place?"

Aria Darkenwing

It seemed to her that she's been sleeping for a long time now.

The soothing music has stopped. She opened her eyes and found herself still inside the MRI machine.

"Hello? Is the scan finished?.... Hello? Can somebody get me out of here?"

Only silence answered her calls. A sudden surge of panic came over her like cold hands wrapped around her throat cutting off her air. She thrashed around and banged the walls of the machine. The tube was only inches away from her face and she's having a claustrophobic attack.

Hello? Somebody please help! Get me out of here!!

A white fog swept across the room and entered the scanning machine. It enveloped her body and wrapped her in comfort and gave an instant soothing effect. Her body seemed to start floating with the fog and the sense of entrapment was gone. The aura it gave was friendly and Autumn surrendered to the floating feeling. It seemed to carry her off to some place before it stopped and laid her with a soft thud on a grassy surface. Then slowly the fog alighted, taking along with it Autumn's fears.

The sky was pure blue. And it was nice to lay on the lush carpet of grass.

Autumn would have stayed supine longer. But a smell of delicious cooking wafted in the air and caught her primitive senses. She sat up and there she saw in front of her a strange little wooden shop. It seems to have popped out from a historical movie set. She turned her head sideways to look about her and saw a vast expanse of green land. There was nothing near in sight apart from this strange building. It beckons her to come near.

And so with shaky feet, and still robed in a white gown that says St. Mary's Hospital, she approached the door and knocked.

Hello? Anybody in there?
I come from the valley of the gods where meanings are lilting and oblique. ~Ayn Rand

Sasha

Eve poured the tea ...listening to intelligent woman across the way seem to come to grip with her attire and make a turn round to still enjoy her company . Which made the woman smile ....then the last part of the line of sweet words came into play . The one question that Eve had trouble answering really . " I rather awoke in this place ...and Master Asmar was already here . There are others that come and go as well staying to carry forth the precious gift of change this place offers. I had a life once and it was filled with waiting , waiting to be chosen and other than that I was not much more than a prisoner of a man that seemed to collect beautiful things . I wished to not return to such a life and instead stayed on here to learn and grow in my abilities . " 

As she lifted her hand into the air and trailed it along letting small sparkles seem to lift up off her fingertips , the would gather then in the air creating about four small butterflies . As they flapped their wings and fluttered about the woman giggled some . Turning her attention back to the fine Lady across from her the butterflies would drift apart and fade . " I not sure how long I have been here ...but it is a very enjoyable experience . Much better than the posh prison I was kept in before . Here I learn and grow ...and sparkle like the butterflies . Today even I felt the power of love in another , it made my inner being tremble the gift was amazing  . "  as she sipped her tea then hoping her answers were sufficient .

Still a little giddy from the experience she had coming off Archie before he had left the building . If only she could see how his meeting back with the one he loved would turn out . A little sigh emerged then ..." So what about you my Lady ...have you felt the butterflies of love in your belly . " leaning forward a bit as if it was a secret to be shared if such was forthcoming .

A soft knock seemed to appear on the door .....and Asmar walked out of the shadows and folded his hands behind his back sent to greet the new incoming guest.

QuoteHello? Anybody in there?

Asmar smiled ..." Come in my dear ....we have been waiting for you. " though the man made no move to open the door . He did however have a fine robe to give the woman that would cover her nakedness up and let her fit in a bit easier with the rest .  It only just wrapped about really and fastened in the front . It would hopefully give a bit of elegance and bring a smile to her face . Though Asmar was not completely sure considering the woman's health . That he could sense was fading even through the door .