News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophidian

Bei raised a single brow and turned to his cousin. "I'm not looking for fame."

"I know," she said, shaking her head. "It's not fame. I want you to protect him." She motioned to Lièrén's arm. "He's had a rough time."

Bei ignored that and frowned. "You're sleeping with him." 

Her face turned bright red as she stared. Her mouth moved without any words.
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén stepped forward, he was blushing slightly as well

"Ok, that's a little much isn't it, all I need is someone to help me on the trip, it won't be for fame, it is to bring more trade into the village, it would benefit you more financially, I will pay you for your help if that is what you want, please, just help me on this one trip and then I shall leave you alone, I promise, I just can't go on this trip on my own right now because I can't use this arm..."

He indicates to his useless arm with his good one.

"Please, will you help me?"
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

"He begs a lot." Bei turned to Shie and shook his head. "Someone has to tend to the fields."

"We're planning on getting equipment so you wouldn't have to lug this thing yourself." She hit the flat of her hand against the wooden posts. "Horses, even."

That seemed to make him perk up. "Horses? I could deal with horses as my reward."

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén shrugged

"I plan on buying more once I get to town, how many would you like? I have enough gold to get as many as you need, so you coming? I don't have all day"

Sophidian

At the last sentence, he raised a brow and turned to Shie again. "He's got an attitude."

"So do you. Go with him, Bei? For me?" She grabbed his hands and squeezed them. With a long, painstaking sigh, her cousin's shoulders dropped and he nodded. "Thank you!"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén bowed

"Thank you Bei, you will not regret this, pack anything you need and come to the inn tomorrow morning, we set off bright and early"

Lièrén didn't have an attitude unless he had to have one, like with Bei, who seemed to be a grouchy man, but who could blame him, having to pull a plow by himself all the time, at least the horses should please him for a while.

Sophidian

After a few more pleasantries, they parted - Bei returning to plow and Shie returning to the inn with Lièrén. After they got out of earshot, she sighed. "Sometimes he's so irritating. But he's still the best of the bunch. I'm glad he's going with you."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"I am glad he is going as well, good job I can afford horses"

He laughed

"Thank you for getting him to help me out, I won't pester him after this trip, I did promise it would be this once, which is fine, as nice as he seems, I don't think I would get on with him much, sorry"

He blushed and looked down, feeling like he had just said something wrong.

Sophidian

"Well, he's rough to know at first but once you're friendly, he's loyal to a fault. To be honest... I think he was upset that we're together and he didn't know about it." She shrugged. "He's very... He's Bei. But you don't have to stay with him if you don't want to. With a cart and pair of horses, you could do just fine!"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén shook his head

"I might as well take him along, we might get on better after a while and I did promise him some horses in return for his help, no point in going back on my word now"

Sophidian

"I hope you do get along better. He doesn't come by the inn often but he does help out by sending us produce." She opened the inn door and walked inside, sliding it closed after they both were in. "Believe it or not, he's the most sought after man in the village."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He nodded

"I will do my best to get along with him, it is one trip after all, it will pass by in no time"

Thinking for a second, he could see where Shie was coming from.

"Yeah it would seem like he would be, and not just because of the produce, he is tall, musculer, women must be after him all the time, maybe all he needs to do is let up with the plowing a bit and he could start a family"

He smiled to Shie and looked her right in the eye

"I love you"

He kissed her on the lips and held her with his good arm, wanting to hold her with both but not daring to move his bad arm.

Sophidian

"I love you too," she said, leaning against him. "And he'd never stop plowing. That's his livelihood. He just thinks that no women are worth stopping such things for yet. Maybe he'll find a nice one out of the town."

She gazed up at the Inn after a moment and sighed. "Maybe I should give this to him so he can meet people and I can be free of it."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He nodded and looked at the inn.

"Maybe we could lease it out to someone, we would still have overall control, but they would look after the inn and everything that goes on inside, leaving you free to persue whatever you wanted in the mean time and you would still be making money"

It was only a wild idea, but maybe it could work, especially once they got some more trade coming in.

"That's a point, once my arm is better I need to finish those repairs that I started on when I first came here, or have those been done?"

Sophidian

"Oh, those were finished. Father hired a whole team of contractors to finish it off. It's not a big deal." She shook her head and shrugged after a moment. "We'll see what happens. The world likes to throw troubles in the way too often."

She blocked the sun from her eyes as she stood there, gazing up. "I guess it's the gods' way of entertainment."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded in agreement.

"Is everything ok? You seem a little down at the moment, is there anything on your mind?"

Sophidian

"Just wondering about the future. Nothing too exciting." She gave him a smile and started around the inn. "There's a lot to worry about. A lot to take care of. My father didn't leave me an easy burden."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Nodding again, Lièrén looked back at the inn

"Indeed he didn't, but don't worry, with me around we can manage, I'll invest as much money as possible into it to make it the best it can be, don't you worry, you're not in this alone"

he took her hand in his and led her back towards the inside of the inn.

"Shall we get some sake brewed up? Or is there other stuff to do before I leave in the morning?"

Sophidian

"Just the normal baking. It can be done later." She shook her head and gave him a small smile. "You just prepare what you need to prepare and I'll take care of the rest. It's my job. I've done it for years."

She moved inside, finding the kitchen as inviting as ever.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén followed her into the inn

"I am sorry I could not complete the repairs I had started, still, I can help by going on these trips can't I"

He smiled, he hoped Shie would smile as well, her entire face lit up with a wonderful glow when she smiled.

"How about you come on one of the trips with me? See a bit of the world, you might like it, what do you say? It could be the welcome break you have been seeking for so long"

Sophidian

"That would be nice. Maybe after you've made the first few and have your horses." She smiled, patting his arm. "And when you've had time to learn the routes. I'd hate to think we'd run into something terrible along the way. I think we've had enough adventure in that regard, don't you?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He laughed and nodded in agreement

"Yeah I think we are welcome a break, if there are bandits along the way, they won't be there for long"

Bandits were always the bane of any travellor, taxing them to go through certain roads and getting violent if the person didn't comply and pay the toll, it wasn't rare for people to show up dead after crossing bandits.

Lièrén himself had suffered run ins with bandits, luckily he had been able to pay his way easily enough and failing that, he had always had his sword skills as a backup.

"We should be ok on the routes, they look straight forward on the map, which I should probably take with me just incase"

He kissed Shie and then headed upstairs so he could pack his bag for the trip, he didn't have much to take with him.

Sophidian

Spending the night cleaning up, she rested on the counter as she thought. There was a great chance of something terrible happening on the road. He could get lost, attacked, stranded, rained out...

Shaking her head, Shie tried to ignore it and brought the buckets outside to fill them for the morning. She paused, noticing some strange black grass that'd cropped up on the way to the river. Had she accidentally burned it?

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Finishing packing his bag, Lièrén headed to the office and took the map he had planned his route out on and put it in his pack as well.

He then headed downstairs and looked for Shie, when he couldn't find her anywhere in the inn, he assumed she had gone outside, so he headed out to look for her, it was getting dark and there could be anything or anyone in the village even though there was a massive wall around them and the only ways in or out were through the gate.

"Shie, you out here?"

He called out for Shie, it was pretty poor lighting outside and he couldn't see very far.

Sophidian

"Around the back," she called, kneeling in the burnt grass. As she picked up the pieces, they turned to soot in her hands. Nothing she'd used in the past few days could have caused something this bad, and she knew she would have noticed it before. Maybe someone in the village had dropped something and was too scared to tell her?

Rising, she wiped her hands on her apron and picked the buckets up. "Fetching water."

-- Anton Chekhov