News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

I agree with one of the posters on the first page of the associated thread: sounds like a new version of Heimerdinger, but even more dependent on her "turrets" than he is.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Korliana

Supposedly, the stealth changes to Evelyn and Twitch are out on the public beta server. I know Zyra is, I JUST purchased her. The new skin for her is beautiful, too.

Shjade

Feels good to completely carry a game with Singed and have your team be like "Singed carried hard" as the game ends. Or, as one teammate put it in the post-game score screen, "Singed just did whatever the fuck he wanted.... and the rest of us just tagged along."

Mmm.
◕/◕'s

Korliana

Haha, nice. I love games like that, where pretty much nothing can stop you. I once played a 29 kill dominion game with Yi where my team actually thanked me for existing at the end. xD

Nazz

So I just found out today Evelynn's getting redone in terms of abilities.

I'm still unsure if she'll be any less difficult to use.
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - Ons 'n Offs - - - - - -
- - - Nazz's Storyboard (Requests) - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(( Currently back in college. Stuff's gonna be a lot slower from me! ))

SinXAzgard21

I love singed, he is a beast.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Aiden

That he is

I found a new fav character

Ziggs, reminds me of the gopblin techies back in old school dota, I think I am gonna have to buy him and practice. I only played one game last night and lost with him, but he was SOOO much fun to play.

Ryven

Quote from: Aiden on July 13, 2012, 02:28:58 PM
That he is

I found a new fav character

Ziggs, reminds me of the gopblin techies back in old school dota, I think I am gonna have to buy him and practice. I only played one game last night and lost with him, but he was SOOO much fun to play.

He is, in fact, my new favorite as well.  I own with him.

Shjade

Ziggs is one of my favorite champions...to kill.

He blow up gud. :3
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 13, 2012, 05:35:05 PM
Ziggs is one of my favorite champions...to kill.

He blow up gud. :3

D:  Bring it!

Shjade

I'll show you how bombs really work!

*goes all Zilean on the fuzzy Yordle*
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 13, 2012, 05:50:58 PM
I'll show you how bombs really work!

*goes all Zilean on the fuzzy Yordle*

I have a much longer range than him.  ::)

Shjade

You also have much more dodgeable abilities. :D
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 13, 2012, 06:56:48 PM
You also have much more dodgeable abilities. :D

You think.

Shjade

Well yeah. 100% of Ziggs' abilities are abilities that can be avoided, aka skillshots. Zilean can be pretty much perma-hasted once he has enough mana regen and CDR, which makes dodging things much easier. A really good Ziggs can still land shots here and there, but it's very, very hard to land a full combo on a fast-moving target with Ziggs' kit.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 13, 2012, 10:31:02 PM
Well yeah. 100% of Ziggs' abilities are abilities that can be avoided, aka skillshots. Zilean can be pretty much perma-hasted once he has enough mana regen and CDR, which makes dodging things much easier. A really good Ziggs can still land shots here and there, but it's very, very hard to land a full combo on a fast-moving target with Ziggs' kit.

What is this combo you speak of?  I don't use a combo, and hitting even a hasted target is easy as long as you know the champions well enough. ;)

Shjade

The combo would be hitting someone with the satchel charge, minefield and bouncing bomb all in one go.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 14, 2012, 01:15:08 AM
The combo would be hitting someone with the satchel charge, minefield and bouncing bomb all in one go.

That's just silly.  The game is so situational that trying to do that would leave him pretty defenseless.  I mainly use satchel charge as an escape by either knocking the enemy back or knocking myself away.  Damage is really just a bonus.  Bouncing bomb is where the majority of my damage comes from with minefield either being used as a deterrent, a trap, or added damage.  His ultimate is probably the ability I would be most worried about hitting anyone with and doing so with any sort of accuracy, but so far, I've been pretty accurate with it.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on July 14, 2012, 06:20:52 AM
That's just silly.  The game is so situational that trying to do that would leave him pretty defenseless.  I mainly use satchel charge as an escape by either knocking the enemy back or knocking myself away.  Damage is really just a bonus.  Bouncing bomb is where the majority of my damage comes from with minefield either being used as a deterrent, a trap, or added damage.  His ultimate is probably the ability I would be most worried about hitting anyone with and doing so with any sort of accuracy, but so far, I've been pretty accurate with it.

This is smart.  And with Ziggs' damage output you don't need a full combo, that bomb does a shit ton of damage when you have your ap gear.

Shjade

It is smart. It's just...hard to win a duel with him, given that kind of tactical placement, against a champion who can hit him harder, faster, and who can probably dodge his Q as well.

Point being, he's very fun to play and can be very effective, especially with some backup around to act as a shield in front of him so he can toss over their shoulders, but not one of the better AP champions for fighting on his own.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 14, 2012, 01:07:11 PM
It is smart. It's just...hard to win a duel with him, given that kind of tactical placement, against a champion who can hit him harder, faster, and who can probably dodge his Q as well.

Point being, he's very fun to play and can be very effective, especially with some backup around to act as a shield in front of him so he can toss over their shoulders, but not one of the better AP champions for fighting on his own.

I manage to do it pretty well most of the time, and if we're still arguing about who could win a duel between him and Zilean, Zil might be a tad better at 1v1.  If that's the case, I'll just play Fizz, my other favorite champion who I know can duel just fine.

CmdrRenegade

I used my Riot points to buy Janna, who was on sale (and sexy).  She's been excellent at clearing minions and slapping some health off champions.  With speed upgrades, I've been able to build her to chase down champions with little health left and getting some nice kills out of it.  I didn't think a support character could do this well, but this game has lots of surprises. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

SinXAzgard21

Jana shouldn't be focused on killing.

Ryven

CmdrRenegade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 15, 2012, 12:51:22 PM
Jana shouldn't be focused on killing.

I was going to go into detail, but this guide explains what I'm doing better than I could.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/959-ap-janna.xhtml
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.