Quotes, sayings and wit

Started by Captain Maltese, December 24, 2016, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Shadow

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Nico

Caelia

"When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen."

Katie Moore

I'd like to share one of my favourite movie quotes. It came from the film V for Vendetta and it goes like this:

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

Here's another one from the same film:

"We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world."

Basically, I remember these quotes fondly as they make me think about how the right idea for the right reasons can withstand the test of time and mortality.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax from TES V: Skyrim

Lady Shadow

"Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder." ~ Anonymous
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
~Elvis Presley~

Katie Moore

"Whatever your walk in life is, you pick what you want to be, then go ahead and be the best one." - CM Punk
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax from TES V: Skyrim

Gypsywoman

Choas is angel who fell in love by a demon

Christopher Poindexter
Just because the road is rocky doesn't that mean your spirit should be rocky too!

Lady Shadow

Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
~Elvis Presley~

Captain Maltese

You do not have to be an authoritarian to be an authority.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Katie Moore

There's always a rainbow after the rain.

Gypsywoman

When you have reach the end of your rope, tie a knit in it and hang on.

Franklin D Roosevelt
Just because the road is rocky doesn't that mean your spirit should be rocky too!

Katie Moore

"Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together." - Taylor Swift

Deamonbane

Honestly, if you're going to have a dick-measuring competition with a woman, you must have started out with the world's cruelest handicap...

-Alucard, Hellsing Abridged
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Shekinah

When a person lies, what is important is not the lie itself. No, it is their reason. Their why.

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Mauler85

It pays to keep an open mind, not so open your brains fall out.

Carl Sagan

Captain Maltese

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

- Dylan Thomas

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Nico

SeraphAzriel

"Do unto others...then run."

-Benny Hill

Captain Maltese

"When I started using dynamite... I believed in... many things, all of it! Now, I believe only in dynamite."

from "Duck, you sucker"

Heady Dionysus

Learn well whilst you're in education for life is the worst teacher - it gives you the test first and the lesson later.
Discord ID: Heady Dionysus#8726

The Lady in Gray

"When people think you're dying, they really, really listen to you, instead of just..."

"Instead of just waiting for their turn to speak?"
-The Narrator and Marla, Fight Club.

Dezco

"Hard work keeps the mind and body pure. The devil loves a lazy man."

Trigon

Captain Maltese

"To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell."

- Marquis de Sade

Boatman

Why didn't God know about computers? Anon
History, where creative writing was born.