Character workshops ( Noir Detective and Demonologist)

Started by Spectre, October 21, 2018, 10:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spectre

Here are a few characters that I want to work into a story very soon.  I'll post the rough framework for them here and see if they have any appeal. Hopefully, they do, because I like some of the ideas that sparked them. Feel free to pm me with you like them or want to change something and fit it into a story.
They are:
- a film Noir style detective with a twist; I want to reverse all the roles making the females in the story. Takes all the typical damsel roles and places the men in them, i.e. Female Ace detective, Missing Wife under strange circumstance, husband in distress (?) or powerful female murdered with no leads, seductive male of questionable connections requests it investigated, discreetly,.. etc. Looking more a more intrigue based story, with elements of action and suspense. oh and DRAMA.

- Priest with unconventional skills, think John Constantine, or a churchy Harry Dreadson investigates urban spooks and haunts in the name of the church. Might be an off the book liaison to "darker creatures" or those that the church cant openly assist or be seen contacting. Could easily be horror based but I wouldn't mind an urban fantasy or something a little more somber.

Detective Arlette Neilen (A. Neilen)

When there's blood on the floorboards and the police cant find their own asses, much less a clue. They call Det. A. Neilen. A straight shooting, no-nonsense investigator with a wit as sharp as her wardrobe. She's always had a knack for logic and crime-solving, even as a small girl, but can't suffer the lackadaisical pace of most police forces. That and the fact that just because she wears a killer winged liner, most cops and criminals thinks shes not just as tough and twice as smart. Forget that noise. Mama always told her if you wanted a job done right, she outta do it herself. You wont find her answering the precindent phones or fetching coffees.
Instead, she prefers to take to the mean streets, with stakes as high as her heels and hunts the bad guys on her own, hardly ever losing a trail.
     Never send a man to do Dectective A. Neilen's job, kid.

Father Ian Wells
  There's a lot of good, pure things that the Church does.  For everything else, they have people like Father Wells. Cults, demons, and things that dont even have names anymore. All of that and assisting whatever needy souls he might run across in his strange misadventures.
A somber, rather stand-offish fellow, Ian's high higher power has lead him to investigate, solve and even fight against things he cant utter aloud. Rather than being shut up in the safety of a church, he wanders, moving from assignment to new, amazing and terrible assignment as an agent of the heavenly Father. He's seen alot, too much for his nightly smoke and bourbon to wipe away, but underneath all that bitterness and cynicism, a helpful heart still beats, believing that he has the training and the faith to still do some good in this crazy world.
Maybe. But then again maybe this job is one of those "mysterious ways" his bosses always bang on about.