The second Presidential debate

Started by elone, October 15, 2012, 11:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elone

Tomorrow is the next debate. Opened this thread to find out pre-debate what President Obama needs to do to win this one after his poor performance in the first. Also discuss thoughts on the debate after it concludes.

I think he really needs to just show up and refute Romney's plans, pin him on specifics, and point out his inconsistencies throughout the campaign. Point out once more the side of Romney that divides him from the 47% (really the 99%). Romney lost ground when people looked at him as a corporate raider who didn't give a damn about people, now he has been allowed to portray himself as a middle of the road Mr. nice guy who would never put the rich above the middle class.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Ironwolf85

he was kinda sleepy on the first one.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Stattick

O/O   A/A

ShadowFox89

Someone give that man an Irish Coffee, with extra Irish.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Serephino

Yeah, he needs to be less reserved and show some of that charisma and ambition that got him elected the first time.  Of course, I guess it's hard to not feel defeated after everything that's been going on.  Calling Romney on his flip-flopping would be helpful.  Last time it looked like he was reading a prepared speech instead of engaging in the debate. 

Ironwolf85

I hope they use the same moderator, she was an actual journalist, it was fun watching her ask some hard questions of the VP's
Biden on fear of military action (such as his trying to get the Prez to pull the plug on the Bin-ladin raid.)
Ryans on his mystical budget numbers that totally make sense, but cannot be released until after the election.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

elone

Quote from: Stattick on October 16, 2012, 01:14:20 AM
He needs to pull a Biden.

Agree, some people on the news say he held back to avoid the look of being a bully. Unfortunately Romney bullied and lied and gained ground. These debates do seem to hold some sway in the election if we are to believe the polls. Not sure how many undecideds are still out there but even if it 1 or 2 percent, that may be what it takes to win.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

OldSchoolGamer

What would wake the debate up is:

1. Allowing the audience to ask unscripted questions.

2. Given that deviation from political orthodoxy is frowned on here, I'll just briefly point out that there ARE more than two people running for POTUS.

3. Realtime fact checking.  Schedule a few commercial breaks during which researchers could look up what the candidates say (or tape-delay the debate a couple hours).

Trieste

Now Romney is making promises for his plans for Canada and Mexico (I assume he knows they're part of "North America").

Watch out, Canadians.

Chelemar

WEEE GOOD FIGHT!  I saw we give them red and blue trunks and red and blue gloves and put them in the ring! ding ding ding!

Chelemar

Run Midstates cause holy cow the pipe line right through the watershed aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Trieste

Obama: "I'm used to being interrupted."

Dahahaha.

I don't want to see them fight, but I wonder what it would do to stories and ratings if one of them threw a slug.

Chelemar

I know hahaha, :D would love to have seen Mrs. O's face then.

bwaahahah

Edited to add,  Romney on wind energy..."I don't have a problem with wind energy."  Yeah no kidding, he's full of it.

Trieste

This 60% tax rate Romney is talking about on the richest Americans... is he in dreamland? Are you kidding me?!

ShadowFox89

Man, Romney's full of more shit than the farms around here.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 08:34:01 PM
This 60% tax rate Romney is talking about on the richest Americans... is he in dreamland? Are you kidding me?!
No..what he said is..

60% of the taxes being PAID to the government is from the top 2% of the countries income makers.

Trieste

I'm waiting for him to mention his "six studies"... give me a break.

Chelemar

HE STILL never said where the money comes. EVER

Trieste

He totes just did the smug walk back. Romney SWAGGAH.

Chelemar

Oh, and as far as no marriage for gays, Mr. Romney, your GGDad had what 17 wives, but I as a lesbian can't have one?? Pa lease!

Chelemar

Does he realize that he sounds sexist?

Callie Del Noire

Noo..he just thinks you don't need to worry your little head about the big issues liddle lady.. (he is coming across as very smarmy to me)

Chelemar

YEAH!  Go Daddy Bama, take care of the girls.

Trieste

"I have two daughters and I want them to have the same opportunities as anybody's son has."

*cheers*

Callie Del Noire

MORE FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FRIGGING MIND!

Sorry.. yelling at the TV now.. MORE?